In The Dark

By AmaniThomas

"From the first time I saw you, I knew you was the one....But this will never work because in the end you kno... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 10

1.9K 83 17
By AmaniThomas

Elijah

The Next Day

Looking down at Shannon who was laying on my chest, I smiled hard. It felt good to have her back in my arms and I would never fuck this up again, would be a fool too. She moved around a little before opening her eyes and looking at me.

"Why are you staring at me like that," she asked.

"Cause you beautiful as fuck," I said kissing her forehead. She smiled then slid out of my arms walking into the bathroom. Yawning, I got up from the bed checking my phone seeing that I had a few new messages and phone calls from an unknown number. Deciding I'll text them back later, I went into the bathroom, went over to the toilet and used it.

"You just gotta do that while i'm in here, Elijah," Shannon said, rolling her eyes. I chuckled. Moving her out the way, I washed my hands and walked out of the bathroom. "You aggy," she yelled from the bathroom.

I left the room and went downstairs into the kitchen. Going into the fridge, I pulled out some eggs, turkey bacon, and pancake mix. I was going to cook us something to eat before I left for work.

"I'm special, special," Shannon said coming into the kitchen seeing me at the stove cooking for her and me. I shook my head at her watching as she jumped on the counter next to me.

"Nah, all this for me mama," I said. She huffed putting her arms over her chest. Shannon acted like a big ass baby when she was around me and it was so cute. Turning the stove on low, I stepped in between her legs rubbing up and down her thighs. She wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me in for a kiss. "I have to be to work in like the next hour, so what are you gonna do?"

"I'm going with Alana to her parent's house later on," she said. I nodded my head.

"Is she going to take you back home after or not?"

"I'll come back here. I still have my key." I smirked.

"Holding onto my key like you knew you were coming back."

"Just was waiting on you to act right," she said giggling. I moved away from her going back to the stove and finishing up the food. "I'll set the table." She hopped off the counter and went through the cabinets and drawers getting plates and forks. She then fixed us something to drink.

30 minutes later

"I'll see you later," I said kissing her on the lips. She laid back down in the bed heading back to sleep. She didn't plan on leaving the house for the next few hours and was waiting for Alana to get off of work so they could head to her parents house. Grabbing my phone and keys, I left the house and walked to my car.

I made it to the shop in less than 15 minutes unlocking the door and turning the close sign to open. Today was going to run smoothly because I only had a few customers.

"So you got your baby back, huh," Travis asked coming up to my chair. I nodded and couldn't help the smile that formed on my face.

"She back like she never left," I said, smirking. He just shook his head at me.

"But she did tho, almost got her a new nigga and everything. Don't fuck this up with her because the next time she might not come back to you." I nodded my head fully understanding him. I couldn't lose Shannon ever again, it wasn't even about her body or just sex with her. We just vibe with each other and she brings the softness out of me.

Seeing somebody that I didn't recognize come into the shop, I watched as the unknown man looked like he was looking for somebody.

"You trying to make an appointment, sir?," I asked, moving away from my chair. He gave me a once over before shaking his head no.

"I'm actually looking for somebody. Does my daughter Shannon work here? Her sister Kayla informed me that she had been the last time she checked," he replied. It was my time to give him a once over now and just to say he did have some resemblance to her. I just wanted to know why he wanted to be in her life now and after leaving her and never coming back.

"Actually, she quit a few months ago and I haven't seen her since," I said lying. It wasn't really a lie just wasn't all the way true.

"Do you know where I can find her?" I shook my head. I noticed that he was getting frustrated.

"How about this? If I see her around, I'll get in touch with you. Let me get your number." Handing him a small sheet of paper and pen, he wrote his name and number down.

"Well let me get outta here. I have a meeting. It was nice meeting you." He held out his hand for me to shake and I did.

"Same to you." He nodded and then made his way out the barbershop. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

Let me get my ass back to work.

Shannon

6:00 P.M.

"Why the fuck are you so nervous Alana," I asked her placing my hand on her thigh to keep her from shaking it. We were at her house right now waiting on her parents to get back to the house since they were both coming from work.

"You know how my parents are, Shannon. They might keep me out or something after this," she said damn near on the verge of tears. I understood why she was acting like this wholeheartedly.

"And if they do, there is always room for you at my place and Travis got tons of room at his house. So calm your ass down." She blew out a breath and laid back on the couch.

A few minutes later, her parents walked into the house and Alana went back to being nervous. I just sat back, chilled and relaxed. They came into the living room and gave us both hugs.

"What do we owe the pleasure of having our two favorite girls here? Alana barely comes home anymore. She tells us that she has been sleeping at your house," her mom Angelica said. I looked over at Alana who just smiled at me. This girl has been using me as her lie and ain't told me nothing.

"Yeah, I finally got myself a place of my own in Manhattan," I said shrugging my shoulders. They both nodded their heads.

"We c-came over here because I-I had to tell you guys something," she stuttered.

"Well, what is it? Don't tell me you're pregnant," her dad said. It remained quiet for a few minutes before both of their faces screwed up. "You are not keeping that damn baby. I hope you know that."

"Yes, I am. This is my body and you can't tell me what to do with it. I just thought you should know that you're going to be grandparents," Alana said. They looked at her and then me.

"Get the fuck out," he mumbled. Alana got up first and rushed out the house and I stayed behind.

"Your gonna miss out your grandchild's life, for what reason, huh? You had Alana at a young age your damn self and get over the fact that she is young. Yall fucking pathetic and ain't no damn real parents. It's a damn shame," I said before leaving the house. When I got to the car, Alana was sitting in the passenger seat crying her eyes out. I sat in the car placing my hand on her thigh which made her look up at me.

"Wipe them fucking tears, Alana. You don't need their ass, I got you and the baby. You always got me. Forever," I said to her. She nodded her head wiping the tears from her eyes getting comfortable in her seat.

We got this.

This was a very short and boring chapter. I just wanted to give you something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 6.5K 40
read and find out🧍🏾‍♀️..
1.3M 50.2K 52
Come see the good in me, cause they won't accept me and I feel like I'm scarred for my wrongs.
5.4M 218K 113
"I don't wanna be just a memory And I don't wanna feel your wings break free Because without you I'm lost in the breeze I gotta be strong now...
1.7M 84.5K 76
I found my homie and my best friend I'mma be there for ya till the very end No matter what, no matter what , no matter what.