The Peacemaker {Naruto Fan-Fi...

By TheLegendOf_Bre

We follow the kunoichi Yuyan Hane as she faces the shinobi world once again! Along with her best friend Narut... More

Prologue: The Observer
OC Profiles
Home Sweet Home
And So, it Begins
The Offer?
Still a Hero
Allies and Enemies
A Little Hope
Ran Hane
A Fateful Encounter
Magical
Like a Family
A Normal Day in Life
Plans for the Future
A Turn for the Worst
The Time Comes
An Illusion
Fate
The Legacy of the Hane
Change of Plans
My Beloved Friend
Happy Birthday!
A Stranger Appears
A Pact to Oneself
Pending Missions
I Believe
The Right Words
This Person and This Moment
The One who Sits at the Peak
Because You're You
Goodbye and Good luck
Renegade
Only Time Can Tell
Nostalgia Under the Stars
Don't Take Her from Me
Falling Again
Goodbye, My Friend
Should I Stay or Should I Go?
Not a Warm Welcome
Coming Together
(๑・ิ◡・ิ๑)
Kiyoko Himura
My Letter to you
And Suddenly...
Strike on Konoha
Hisui Tachibana
The Answer
The Joyful Village
That Horrible Man
Judgement
Danzo the Devil
A New Hope
A Loyal Friend
A Hane's Resolve
If it's a War You Want, It's a War You'll Get
Night Terrors
My Dear Brother
Ren the Genius
Madara vs. the Hane
The Truth I Ran From
My Hero, Yuyan Hane
I Love You Regardless
The Time Before Us
I Will Protect this World
What is Precious to Me
The Sage's Blessing
You Have to Live
Now and Forever
Our Battle
Reconilliaction
Peacemaker
A New Era
Author's Note
Something New : Part 1
Something New : Part 2
Something New: Part 3

The Tide of War

1.4K 60 22
By TheLegendOf_Bre

Third POV

You have to live.

The two heard voices calling out to them and woke up in a world they didn't know. It was there they met with the father of all shinobi, the Sage of the Six Paths. The one who started it all.

They heard the story of Indra and Ashura, realizing that fate had aligned the two to fight this battle. They heard of Hakuren who helped maintain peace and order while they inadvertently threw the world into chaos. They realized that it was the same fate Madara, Hashirama, and Ryuunosuke had met with.

The two received knowledge of Kaguya Otsutsuki who was his mother and was sealed by Hagaromo and Hamura. They knew it all now, their rivalry, their relationship to the young Hane, their fate.

"Is that your response?" the Sage questioned the two youth.

"Yes," the two answered with unparalleled resolve. Save the world. Save their families, their friends, anything that meant something to them.

While they were gifted with the power to end this once and for all, the battle against the beast ensued. The kazekage, the green haired Uzumaki, the prodigies of the Uchiha and Hane clan, and the captain of the infamous Team 7 were united to hold back the enemy as much as they could.

The five had been performing well, but they very well realized that there was no way to kill him, they were simply stalling.

"This power that your mother lent us is amazing!" Hisui mentioned to Ren.

"It makes your body more resilient than steel! Your punches will pack much greater of a punch and each of your ninjutsu is mixed with her senjustu, it's the only thing that has any effect on him besides taijutsu!" he explained.

"Nice to know!" the two dodged an incoming attack from the black orbs, they knew getting attacked my those was bad news, even for Ren who was reanimated.

"We have to hone in closer!" Kakashi urged, "we aren't doing a single thing to him back here!"

"Got it!" Hisui quickly devised a strategy to possibly make some damage. "I have a plan, when you see the opening just go for it!"

The Uzumaki sprinted to Madara, avoiding the black orbs that were coming his way. He thought to himself about Ran's power and how he could use it to his advantage. He remembered earlier seeing the dragon Heiko shooting lasers out of its mouth. If he could incorporate that into his own jutsu he figured it might do something.

He quickly thought about what he wanted the jutsu to look like, it's destructive power, how he wanted to manipulate his chakra to obtain the perfect result. "Alright no room for failure! This is my first sage art so let's hope it doesn't burn my arm off!"

"Lightening style: lightning cloak!" the jade headed man cloaked himself with chakra that would make him faster than most people could follow. It was the inspiration for Yuyan's Volt Release that she also used to make her faster.

He dodged around like a bullet looking for the perfect opening where he had time to stand still for just a moment. Once it all aligned, he gave it his all for this technique he came up with on the spot.

"Sage Art: storm spear!" he watched as his storm release took an entirely different form. The lethal technique gave the laser a green hue that seemed to be almost the color of his hair, he quite liked it. The part he didn't like was the searing of his sleeve on the arm he released the technique from. Even with the Steel Blood Heart it burned his skin.

Madara amassed the orbs together to create a shield, but the laser pierced right through and sent him flying to the base of the tree.

"That didn't kill him," Hisui muttered to himself once the technique was over. Dirt was in the air, he charged a kunai with lightning chakra as he waited for the results of his technique.

Madara's body was badly mutilated but he was in the process of regenerating.

"That technique almost killed me you bastard!" he spat.

"Oh no you don't!" Hisui ran to him, but Madara's body had regenerated to the point where he was able to pierce right through his  chest with his hand.

Hisui grunted as he felt so much of his strength leaving him, but he actually had him right where he wanted him.

Letting the kunai drop from his hand, he released his chains and restrained him from any further movement.

"Don't even think about getting away!" he yelled.

As if on cue, Kakashi swooped down with his raikiri to cut Madara's arm and release Hisui. Ren and Itachi impaled their weapons into his side that were embedded with restraining seals.

Gaara used the opportunity to create a pyramid like structure to seal him momentarily, the seal would not last too long.

Hisui fell to his knees coughing out a significant amount of blood. The pin didn't let him speak, but all he thought about was whether it would end for him like that.

Just when everyone thought the same for him, the blonde Uzumaki made an appearance almost out of thin air.

"N-Naruto," Hisui quietly muttered.

"You always push yourself too hard you idiot!" he bent down to him and placed his hand on the mortal wound. In just the blink of an eye, the bleeding had stopped and the wound began to close, saving Hisui from bleeding out.

"What...what did you do?" Gaara asked.

"No time to explain!" Naruto pointed at the seal that was slowly breaking. "You guys take a break, we can handle this!"

"We?" Itachi questioned.

"Yeah," Sasuke suddenly teleported right next to Naruto in time for Madara to emerge from the impedance, "us."

"Your time has come, Madara," the young Uchiha state's confidently.

And so, the battle ensued.

Obito's POV

"Thank heavens that's over, I was so worried. Kamakura told me Kiyoko managed to save Sasuke as well!" Yuyan smiled brightly.

The world usually seemed like a better place when she did.

"We should get going back to the battle, I'm sure they'll need our support!" she stood up in a hurry. I had no idea how she had this much energy with all the chakra she has wasted today.

"You're right, but I have another favor to ask of you before we can go," I spoke.

"Hmmm, what is it this time?" she cocked her head to the side. I noticed how much more casual she was with me, she forgave me way too fast.

"I need you to destroy my rinnegan. We can't let it fall into Madara's hands or else it may be impossible to stop him. As I am right now, I can't restrain Black Zetsu any longer. Ocular jutsu reaches its true potential when two eyes are together. As it is right now, we can make a stance against Madara," I explained.

Her face told me she didn't like the idea, but she was smart enough to realized that not being able to obtain the other rinnegan would spoil his entire plan. She reached for a kunai and walked closer, pointing it toward my eye.

Her tiny hands shook as she looked at me with fear in her eyes. Yuyan's kindness transcended many unnatural things in this world. It was far beyond my comprehension how someone like her could be the slightest bit scared of hurting me.

"Despite everything I've done to you, all I've done to your friends and the people you love, you can't bring yourself to hurt me even if it's what's best for everyone," I sighed.

"I-I just...I don't want to hurt a friend."

So many thoughts went through my mind with that simple word. Friend. I'd really spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to her and the others who have helped me.

She took in a deep breath and thrusted the kunai towards my eye, but before she could finish the deed, Madara suddenly appeared in the space and threw a black rod out direction.

I tried to think fast and teleport Yuyan out of the time-space, but she was much quicker than I could even process the situation. She lunged forward and tackled the both of us to the ground, out of the way of the black rod Madara threw our way. She then stood up quickly and drew both her swords, challenging the Uchiha.

"Oh? You think you can beat me alone? You really believe that you can defend that eye with all the chakra you've exhausted?" he mocked her.

She didn't answer, but she raised her sword to him bravely, ready for battle.

"Then you will die here."

They ran forward to one another, slashing, punching, and kicking one another. Madara didn't even try to use any ninjutsu on her. I'm not sure it's because he knew she could easily dodge it or her swords had the ability to absorb it, or he just thought he could beat her with strength alone.

They managed to both land blows on each other when Madara stabbed a black rod into her left shoulder and Yuyan was able to cut that arm clean off. Unfortunately, Madara would recover from that and simply grow a new arm, Yuyan dropped her sword and wasn't able to move her arm.

Using his uncut arm, he created a new black rod and tried to end Yuyan's life but she used her other sword to cut the rod clean in half.

"Those swords are impressive. Hane craftsmanship was always something to be fearful of during times of war."

"My swords can cut through anything. I'll use these to strike you down once and for all," she pointed it to him.

"Let's see you cut down this!" Madara breathed in and quickly released a sharp purple laser from his mouth towards Yuyan. She lifted her sword and it refracted the attack into multiple lasers, one that was close to chopping my head off.

Yuyan thrusted her sword forward which successfully deflected the attack, but he was quick to dodge most of it. He had been cut from his chest up to his shoulder and didn't seem quite happy that she was putting up a good fight.

She withdrew her sword and picked up the one she dropped earlier and ran towards me. "Obito, let's get out of here!"

"Go ahead and try!" Madara recovered quickly and shot a myriad of purple lighting bolts through his hands towards me, knowing that Yuyan would defend me against it.

She threw her sword in the direction of the attack and teleported quickly to it, but not fast enough to fully absorb or deflect the attack. She yelped and fell on her hands and knees, looking at me with a face that said she was sorry.

Madara walked to her and picked up the sword she dropped then pulled her hair to make her stand. He then positioned the sword at her throat and laughed, "you put up a good fight just like your ancestor, but all Hanes are just weak and pathetic, it's all you will ever amount to."

Her eyes met with mine and she was not scared of the uncertainty of what could happen in the next few seconds. Madara's powerful attack had taken all the energy out of her already worn out fighting spirit.

Pushing through all the tiredness and fatigue in my body, I grabbed the kunai Yuyan dropped earlier and stood up.

"Don't even try it," he pushed the sword closer to her neck.

"Spare her life and I'll give you the eye," I lowered the weapon. I didn't see another choice, if Yuyan lost her life everything in this world would be pointless again.

Madara said nothing but smiled slyly, mischievously, with the intent to ruin my entire life as if he hadn't already. "I think I'll be taking both of those." And with one slash of the sword, her throat was cut open and she was down on her knees with blood dripping through her throat and mouth. She held her hand to the afflicted area in an attempt to give herself more time.

"These swords make a fine cut, I'll be taking these," he reached for her other sword and began walking towards me.

Yuyan reached to grab Madara's cloak and pull it so he would stop walking.

"That still isn't enough to kill you? Guess you'll die from blood loss in a few moments anyway," he pushed her away with his foot and she weakly lost her grip on him.

He walked closer and closer to me and I was hardly able to move. As I saw Yuyan struggling to stay alive, my mind went wild with the possibility of her dying and Madara obtaining the eye.

But I shouldn't have underestimated Yuyan, she would never let herself lose to such an opponent, someone who was out to get the lives of the people she loved the most.

On her knees, she did a shaky hand sign, mustering up all the strength in her arm as the dark, crimson blood dripped from her throat and her mouth where her teeth were clenched tight to pull through the pain. Despite her life slowly depleting, there was a fire in her eyes that I had never seen in her before.

From the swords that Madara was holding, a blinding stream of lightning electrocuted and burned much of Madara's body. He was completely incapacitated from what it looked like, and the burning of the lightning made him regenerate much slower. My assumption was she used her volt release on her swords and mixed it with sage chakra to actually affect his body.

Yuyan fell forward, but I pushed through for just a moment to catch her from falling, dropping the kunai I had in my hand next to her. She smiled at me as if she wanted to laugh and I wondered what it was that was so funny.

"We have to go now," I told her.

That's when it hit, before I could take another breath or use the kamui to get us out of the space, she had grabbed the kunai and stabbed the rinnegan.

Black Zetsu yelled in pain an separated himself from me at last. I thought quickly and teleported is out of there before he could control me again. Madara was yelling in anger and denial as we got out of there.

Coming back to the war, I fell to my knees with Yuyan in my arm. The kunai fell from her hand and she was no longer responding. Her long battle had ended.

Hisui's POV

"Oh man Sakura I'm just like you now I can't do anything in this battle!" I sighed as Naruto and Sasuke returned from restraining Madara's shadows that, I should add, I CAN'T FUCKING SEE.

I thought they were crazy at first.

"Speak for yourself, I can still heal people at least, and I got plenty of chakra if needed!" she pointed at the seal on her forehead. She had came shortly after Naruto and Sasuke showed up to help with healing if it was needed.

"Yeah well I can...." I thought about how tired I was and how depleted my chakra was and also that my shoulders were still in massive pain. I sighed, I never thought the day would come where Sakura was more useful than me. I am very proud of her though, she has come a long way and boy is she strong. "Forget it."

"That's what I thought."

"Now isn't the time for bickering, we have to keep our guard up. Madara went into Obito's time-space and we have zero way of getting in there. He's there with Yuyan and they are taking too long to come back," Itachi worried.

"Oh yeah, sorry about your eye Kakashi," I pat him on the shoulder. Losing an eye isn't that big of a deal for someone like Kakashi. He has it covered half the time anyway.

"Wait I can take care of that!" Naruto placed his eye over him and he suddenly GREW A NEW EYE?!

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I yelled and pointed.

"How did you do that?" Sakura asked and observed.

"Hmm well it's kinda hard to explain. I sorta just took a part of Kakashi and-"

"Explain later, we have to focus," Sasuke interrupted.

"Hey shut up I want to hear this!" I spoke up.

"This is why you are the way you are," Sasuke shook his head.

"What does that mean huh punk?!"

"Not always the most focused. Guess things don't really change do they?" Itachi chimed in with a small smile.

Ren was silent. He sat with his eyes closed as if meditating, trying to feel for something. The seriousness of his features slowly became disgruntled as if he sensed a disturbance somewhere. He opened his eyes and ran forward as if there was something coming, all of us stood up in anticipation.

"Yuyan!" he yelled the moment Obito swooped back into battle, holding her in his arms. It was strange it was almost as if he knew they were going to show up in that spot. Must be his special space-time talents.

The rest of us ran towards them and saw Yuyan in a terrible state.

"Help her, please!" Obito pleaded. I noticed the Black Zetsu was gone and his eye was bleeding. What was more important right now was Yuyan though.

"What happened?!" Kakashi grabbed her arm and felt for a pulse. Sakura quickly tried to heal her, to what looked like no success.

I felt a knot in my throat the more I watched Sakura struggle to get any response from her.

"H-how..." Naruto knelt down.

"Madara," Obito explained, "she put up a fight against him. She managed to destroy my eye and foil his plans, but..." he looked down to her and clenched his fist.

Sasuke and Itachi just stared. Itachi was mortified at the amount of blood that was staining her clothes and her face. Sasuke was just blank.

"I-I'm going to get my family members maybe there is something we can do to save her!" Ren wobbled to stand up. There was shear desperation in his eyes as he hopped into a portal to his family.

"She..." Sakura put her ear to Yuyan's chest and she closed her eyes in despair. "No, there is no way." She put her all into healing her at no avail. Tears began to fall from her eyes.

We waited.

No response.

It was quiet, tense, there was anguish.

Kakashi placed his hands on Sakura's and removed them from Yuyan. She looked to him as if to ask why, but he just shook his head sadly. "There is no more we can do."

"What are you saying?!" Naruto lashed out on Kakashi, "we can't give up on her!! She would never do that to us! She's always come back to us it's just taking her a little bit of time! Right Hisui?"

I couldn't answer. It was true, there were many times that Yuyan had narrowly escaped death, but I was unsure this time. I didn't want to agree and get his hopes up.

"No...it's not true! I won't believe this, she said she would watch over me until I become the Hokage and Yuyan never breaks promises!" he reached his hand out to her shoulder and shook her, "you can't die Yu-chan!"

Before any of us could stop him from his own desperation, Sasuke smacked him right across the face and made him fall on his back. The Uchiha walked over to him and crouched down above him, grabbing his shirt with one hand and landing a hard punch across his face with the other.

"Don't you disrespect her like that! She gave her life so we could win this war, that's her way of watching over you!"

"How could you be okay with this?! Don't you love her Sasuke?!"

Sasuke's back was turned to us so we couldn't see his expression, but Naruto's face told us it wasn't nice. His eyes widened and he simply kept his mouth shut. Sasuke was shaking ever so slightly, but what gave him away was the tears that fell onto Naruto's face. Slowly, sadly, mournfully.

"The least we can do is get our act together and keep fighting. We can't let this opportunity she gave us pass us by because we are grieving. There will be time," Itachi placed his hand on Sasuke who was still clenching Naruto's shirt.

He put him down and stood up, not taking a second look back at Yuyan. It would probably break his soul if he did. Naruto stood up and looked at his best friend, then turned to stand next to Sasuke.

"I'll do my best to help," Sakura looked to Yuyan's peacefully eerie face and walked with the rest of her team.

"Team 7 will avenge you, Yuyan," Kakashi placed a gentle hand on her cheek and walked to the team in dismay. Even with distress washed over them, they stood proudly, not looking back.

Itachi came to me as I slowly combed over Yuyan's hair. Accepting the fate that she faced, I also cried for her.

"There is still something I can do, Yuyan taught me the revival-"

"You can't," I interjected, already knowing what he was going to do.

"What do you mean?" he questioned.

"It's complicated to explain. That's one of the catches of the Ohirume Tensei, if you use it, it cannot be used on you," I answered.

Itachi and Obito looked at me in disbelief, but they accepted it.

"Here he comes!" Kakashi announced.

"Hisui," Itachi put his hand in my shoulder, "we should help. All we can do it hope for the best now."

I nodded, smiling at her, "thank you for everything, little one. Obito, please watch over her."

"I-I am sorry there was nothing I could do."

"I'm sure she doesn't blame you," I responded, he didn't seem convinced.

I walked to Team 7 and readied myself for battle as did the rest of us. Most of our eyes were swollen and angry, but we were ready to fight.

"No one takes a friend from us without paying hell for it," Naruto said.

Madara would pay. Even if she were to come back, and I believe she will, he's going to pay for hurting her, and for hurting us.

**EXTRA**

Hisui: hello folks I'm here with my two friends Itachi and Kiyoko to explain to you the Ohirume Tensei! It's kind of confusing and OP but you know, plot!

Kiyoko: what are you saying?

Itachi: good evening, everyone.

Hisui: anyway, the Ohirume Tensei is a revival jutsu created by the Tachibana clan using their extensive knowledge about medical ninjitsu. The user has to gather 10 years worth of chakra to revive someone, but there are a few catches that come with it!

Kiyoko: like?

Itachi: I know that if they use it before the allotted time, it will take a portion of the user's life force which can potentially kill them or make them weaker.

Hisui: you're so smart Itachi! *slaps his back*

Itachi (quietly): ouch

Hisui: moving on, one of the catches is that the jutsu cannot be used on yourself. There is a special "gate" of one's life force where the chakra for this technique has to be accumulated. This "gate" is always open but when you expend the chakra that flows through it, you close that gate which has a few repercussions, one being that it can't reopen so the technique can't be used on you. There are other means of revival too though.

Itachi: what other repercussions are there?

Hisui: well, my good friend, since you asked I will tell you! This "gate" is what regulates your life span. It holds all your life force in it so when you use it on someone you are giving them a portion of your life force even if you do take the 10 years.

Kiyoko: so then how is it different from not saving the 10 years than saving it for that whole time?

Hisui: if you were to use the technique 5 years into saving chakra like I did, the consequences would be in stamina and life span. As you can see, my life force isn't as strong as it used to be, that's because I didn't receive 5 years of the life force I had to get. If you save it for 10 years, you don't immediately lose something but your lifespan does go down.

Itachi: oooh, interesting.

Hisui: yeah! This is why only people who have very strong life forces like me, an Uzumaki and Tachibana, and Yuyan who is a Hane should use this technique. For me, my lifespan may have went down about 20 years and my overall stamina, but Yuyan's might only go down like 5 since she used it properly. It might not make a difference since I could have very well lived over 100 years because of my lineage. I don't need to be alive that long anyway!

*Kiyoko and Itachi sweatdrop*

Kiyoko: oh! Also what is the seal for?

Hisui: haha interesting question. It's more of a mark or brand. My father told me this technique was developed long ago but not entirely perfected. The creator was a leader of the Tachibana clan who made it forbidden to use. Those who did had a seal on their head and they were exiled from the clan!

Itachi: oh...that's something I didn't expect.

Hisui: and that's the history they don't tell you, kids! Hope you enjoyed this episode of explanations with Hisui! See you all soon let's hope for the best from our little Yuyan!

Itachi and Kiyoko: thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.8K 4.1K 51
[Book 1] Non-Massacre! Slight AU! "I don't want to protect this village. I want to protect the individuals I care about in the village alone, that's...
166K 4.3K 49
Completed ~Sequel to 'Book 1: Don't Leave me Again'~ Naomi returns stronger then ever. How is she dealing with Itachi's death 2 years ago and what do...
69.6K 1.6K 46
Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by a strong bond since their early years, t...
919K 25.8K 31
*Sequel to Book 1: The Scarlet Eyes* Naomi Suzuki was thought to be an average ninja. But no one knew that she actually came from the famous Uchiha C...