The Ember In Darkness

By IrisBlooming

EXCERPT: "You make me feel different." I admitted embarrassedly. I have never felt so vulnerable before. He... More

Introduction
PROLOGUE
1
2
6
7
8
3
9
4
10
5
11
IMPORTANT A/N
13
14
15
16
17

12

124 11 8
By IrisBlooming

*Song of the day*
FINE LINES - HARRY STYLES

The fighting and confronting has taken too much of my energy. Unlocking my door and sitting on my couch all I wished for was a peaceful rest which was long due because of the recurrence of my nightmares. I need time to replenish. My much awaited rest. Not hearing any sound of William in the house made me sigh in relief. Finally I can rest.

"V! You are back ! Where's your honey I am home!" I guess I thought too soon. Sighing loudly I turned to see him descending down my glass stairs. My house looks pretty with semi-glass structure and indoor garden making it look enchanting. It maybe a dream house for anyone but to me it was my demon. I had too many memories of my loved ones here, our times together.

I think I am a masochist, being full-aware of the torture this house brings, those torturous happy memories, I still live here. Truthfully I live here because it is the closest I get to being close. This empty, eerily house is the closest to a home. Home. I don't even remember what it is like to be surrounded by familiar people and their warmth.

Maybe this loneliness is what I need, what I should have after the pain I put them through just because of my hesitation.

"I don't like the look you have right now." William's voice brings me back to the reality. I simply stare at him. He doesn't complain about my lack of response because he knew I have always been like this. Quite, only talking when I wanted to.

"You know what can cheer you up a little bit?" He looks at me eagerly like an excited child on the Christmas day. He frowns when he sees me looking at him indifferently. "C'mon you've got to guess wrong and then I will correct you." he whines like a little child. I don't know why I am even giving into his antic again.

"Enlighten me Will." I sigh out loud. The exhaustion was catching up to me fast and I need to deal with this overgrown man child before going into my bitter dreamless sleeps.

"Take a look at this." he shows me an invitation card excitedly anticipating my reaction. I opened the card to see an invitation to annual ball held by the Kingston family. They were our shareholders and I have only met Mr. Kingston and his son once in the meetings. They are humble people.

"You want me to attend this ball? You do know that I have never showed myself publicly? So what makes you think that I will show myself now?" I like my privacy and always want peaceful day after night full of nightmare which nowadays is everyday so I never showed myself to the public and attended only a few meeting. Having William as vice-president is helpful too as he presides my meeting and appear publicly.

"It's time for you to get out their and show public who is the real reason behind T.D. Corporation's success. I have been covering up for you and I would love to continue doing it but I can't cover up for long. Investors want to see the real owner and they need asssurace." William responded.

"Assurance?" I asked him perplexedly.

"Well you see, Mr. Robin wants to get assured that he is investing with correct people. I don't know how but he heard from someone that you are still in university and he thinks that his money is used for 'a child's desires' his words not mine" he quickly explained when he saw my dark look.

"He thinks like that? Ask the accountancy department for his data and show him that his money is being used correctly and not for 'a child's desire' I don't care what he thinks. If he is not satisfied then ask him to withdraw. He doesn't contributes much anyway" I wave my hand in a dismissive manner.

"I have already handled this situation. But V, he is not the only guy curious. Think about this ball. This is a perfect opportunity for your introduction and a perfect opportunity for him to see you again. Who knows we might get a lead. The ball is tomorrow and think about it." He told me going to the door and out of the house.

After a few minutes I heard my phone pinging indictating a new text.

"P.s. I saw your mates name on the invitation list. I hope this give you enough inspiration to come to ball with me as my plus one."

Elijah will be coming tomorrow? He must be going to the ball with some date. The image of him and some girl makes me want to tear that girl's limbs apart. Even if I am not interested in having a mate my lycan can't stand the thought of some other girl with him. Sending her calming thoughts and assuring her that I will not let it happen I pick my phone up and call my secretary, Ava.

"Ava I need you to pick me a dress for the annual ball hosted by the Kingston family. Pick something that I will like. I will not tolerate any mishap." I end the call not even waiting to hear her reply. Knowing her she will pick a good dress.

I go upstairs to my closet and change into my workout attire. Talking and handling William took more mental energy than I thought I would need. Nothing refreshes a person as a workout does. I take my headphone from the bedside table and plug them into my phone.

My gym is on the ground floor in the corner. Going down the stairs I look out the glass window. Reaching my gym I began my long exercise for refreshment.

"Oh honey, just join our side and this will be so much easier. You won't go through these excruciating torture everyday to get your freedom. It's simple. Just one choice." The taunting voice of my torturer called out to me.

I looked down to see my once white sundress, tattered to small fragment barely covering my body, from the intense cold and from his lustful gaze.

Today marks one month in this hellhole. Thirty days of angonizing torture inflicted on me daily. Every day feels like eternity, exhausting me physically and making my sanity slip away.

The chains tied to me are heavily chanted to make me powerless and to strain my healing ability. Now even their weight bothers me. It's like a reminder of where I am and what's happening to me.

"What are you looking at? Did you like my handiwork on your dress? Because I do." His voice is raspy as if the repercussion of years of smoking.

"Just say yes and I'll stop." He bargains.

Lifting me head up I look him dead in the eye and reply defiantly," No." Somehow my words make him even more angry than before. As he stoop up to torture me with his whip and knife a loud booming authoritive voice stops him.

I know it's him because my body is aware of his own. His scent still fascinates me. I want to despise him but I can't.

I look at him standing in front of me in his crisp suit with a hunt of aftershave. His hair looks damp as if he just got out of shower but trimmed to perfection. When I look him in the eye I see pain and regret in his eye but it's gone as soon as it appeared.

"Still a bother I assume." He states while looking at. Deeply in my eyes. His eyes are passive while mine holds our story, trying to convince that it can be changed. Our fate. He still has the chance to choose me and end this lunacy.

He breaks our eye contact by closing his eyes. Reopening them he looks at me and asks,"Will you join us to bring down the Lycans? Answer me now or face the consequences." His voice is familiar to me but he seems so aloof. Not like the person I knew or loved.

"How can you be so cold? Have you forgotten us or our love? I don't u derstand you anymore! It seems as is you are a complete stranger. Please, tell me." Words seem to be falling out of my mouth before I got the chance to reconsider them. He looks at me lost for a moment before he regains his composure.

"Will you or will you not join us." His voice seemed far away, drifting away from me. I could not think straight, the exhaustion was catching up on me.

Focusing on his blurring contour I mustered up enough strength to answer him. "No. Not now, not ever."

He signed loudly before turning behind and walking up the stairs. "You know what to do boys. Make her reconsider her choice." I sawtw more figures joining my torturer picking up tools.

I looked over to his silhouette on the entrance. As his entourage made it's way towards me I saw his lips moving mouthing the words that seem futile now. I closed my eyes and drifted to nothingness.

I shot up wake in my bed, wide eyed, profusely sweating with an erratic pounding of my heart. I haven't dreamed about this since two years. Why now? Why this memory? I had so many questions but no answers and that was more frustating then the questions.

Looking at the bedside clock I saw that it was still midnight with many hours to call it morning. I groaned knowing that I won't be able to sleep now. Laying down again I tried to sleep. I will buy sleeping pills to give me a good sleep. I make a note to myself.

Hey everyone! I am back with full energy to write more chapters. For the past month I analysed my work and character and edited a few mistakes. I felt lost because I want to write but it seemed as if I couldn't. Nothing felt good enough. But I am back and with new ideas. I hope you like them. Well that's it. Stay healthy and take necessary precautions. Vote and comment down below.
Love,
Deepshikha🌸

P.S. what do you think he mouthed to V? Comment down you assumptions!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2M 100K 9
He teases her. He challenges her. He fascinates her while he irritates her like no other. He drives her insane. He makes her...ughh, so mad she could...
281K 11.3K 60
(Highest #41 on 8/5/2020) A/N This book is a stand-alone even though the first few chapters might seem confusing! It's one of those, starts in the mi...
162K 4.9K 42
I could feel its presence from behind me. I tried walking faster, but I could feel it slowly pacing near me. I turned around, expecting a dark, hide...
102K 3.2K 56
And she finally gave up, dropped the fake smile as a tear ran down her cheek and she whispered to herself "I can't do this anymore" |ยฐโ€ข--ยก_}ยซโ€ขยฐโ€ขยป{_ยก...