Raura:R5 and the songwriter

By sanpace24

This is a story about how a non aspiring songwriter lives a dream....how she meets new people and how her lif... More

Introduction
1:the phone call
2:Scream
3: Ticket to dreams
4:Driver
5:Handshake
6: Novel
7:L.A. L.A baby
8:R5 home
9: Teacher(s)
10: Classes
11:Rydel's Birthday
12:Hangover
13:Writer's block
14:New Member
15:Messy Hair
16: Movie marathon
17:Tour bus
18:Pass Me By
19: Quick turn
20:Holiday home
21: I Believe
22:Storm
23:November 29
24:Prank
25:Caterpillar
26: Back Home
27: Right Words
28:New Ladder
30:Mean Sister
31:Monkey Gang
32:Ask Me
33:Finale
Epilogue
News (Important!)
Sequel's Out

29:One Moment

229 3 0
By sanpace24

Surprise!!! Two updates in a day. I told you that there is more surprises left for you and me. My birthday treat to y'all. Enjoy guys.

P.S.- I know due to time difference there'll be a confusion in some countries but let's consider that I posted two chapters within 24 hours.
_______________________________________________________________

Laura's POV

"Ross I gotta tell you something"

"Me too"

"You can go first"

"No, it's fine you go first"

We suddenly heard someone knocking the door. I was so startled that I held Ross' hand tightly.

"Neither of you should go first. You are not supposed to be here. Get back to your prom" Miss Jen said sternly folding her arms. Me and Ross awkwardly got up from the piano seat and kept walking until we reached the gym. We were very embarrassed cause there can be a million possibilities of what
Miss Jen could be thinking about two people in an empty, semi dark room.

"Okay guys, hold your breaths as it's time to announce this year's prom king and queen". Our school's cheer captain Tracey announced on the mic.

"So our prom Queen is.......our very own star LAURA MARANO"

What??? I didn't even know I was nominated let alone winning the crown. I must have passed out for a bit cause I felt Ross hugging and congratulating me and I dont even remember he did that. How could I not remember THAT? Ross broke the hug and then Raini hugged me.

"Congratulations Lauraaaa. I'm so proud. Go get that crown"

I hopped on the stage and wore the crown. My cheekbones were hurting from all that smiling but I didn't wanna stop. Today is my day and no one can take it away from me.

"And now for our prom king...drum roll please..... NICHOLAS WILSON" and my smile dropped. Wow... someone did take it away from me. He jumped on the stage and wore the crown that he doesn't deserve. That word 'king' makes me wanna puke now. He grabbed the mic with his one hand and encircled the other one around my shoulders.

"Thankyou people for voting. Me and Laura are very grateful." He said. I shrunk in his hold and cause I didn't want him to touch any part of me, not even my little finger. A hundred of memories flooded back in my brain.

"Okay now our King and Queen will start our slow dance". I was going to say I don't want to but he just grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dance floor. I didn't even realise when the music started and when he swung me and forcefully started dancing with me. I cringed on every single finger he layed on my waist. I kept trying to get out of his hold but his grip tightened with my each and every effort.

"Stop trying baby girl. You can't get away from me now."

"Shut your face Nicholas and leave me" he pushed me more close to him

"You can pretend all you want oh great Laura Marano. But I know who you are. You are not strong or smart. I can still see that fear, that naiveness, that stupidity in your eyes I saw 6 years ago. You are nothing more than a pity case. You've always been who you are, alone and pathetic" My eyes start to water up. I got that feeling once again. The feeling of regret, the feeling of loss, the feeling of self hate. He was right. I am still scared and stupid. Suddenly I felt that his hand was no more there on my waist. I turned my gaze to find Ross tightly holding Nicholas's wrist.

"I think that's enough buddy, now back off from my date" I saw anger burning through his eyes.

"Ooohhh super star Ross Lynch is here. You can't do anything to me, your highness" he said with overconfidence.

"Oh no I don't have to do anything. If you lay a hand on me, everyone will beat you to hospital and if you lay a finger on Laura, I will beat you to death." Ross threatened him, looking straight into his eyes. I looked around and saw everybody staring at us. I ran out before anyone could see me crying. I reached the garden area of our school and broke down. My eyes started burning and every time I tried to stop, I just couldn't. My knees collapsed on the ground with my hands covering my face. I felt someone hug me from behind and I instantly recognised the touch. Ross must have followed me. He kept whispering words like "it's okay", "relax" or "I'm here"

After a minute or two my breathing began to be normal and I calmed down. I relaxed in his arms. I'm happy he didn't let go.

"You okay now?" Ross asked softly.

I nodded and turned head towards him.

"He was my ex boyfriend" I said.

"Laura you don't have to" he said still keeping a gentle tone

"I want to. Just hear me out please"

"Always"

"He was my Ex-boyfriend. It was 3 week past the funeral of mom and dad and I didn't talk to anyone except Raini. Nicholas lived in our neighborhood that time. He used to come and talk to me and supported me. He helped me come out of my grief and I started to like him. After a month he also told me that he liked me. But just after a week of it, when I was at his home, he tried to kiss me and I denied it cause I didn't want to. He started forcing me, tangled me on the wall And when I still wouldn't give up, he started beating me." I saw Ross' hand turning into a tight fist. I touched his and intertwined my fingers with his.

"I somehow escaped from there. He took admission in our school during junior year and since then I became this school nerd after that until I met all of you." I smiled suddenly remembering all the memories I made since I met this crazy family.

Ross smiled and tightened the grip on my hand.

"What did he say now?" He asked

"What he always did, I'm a pity case, alone, pathetic...... nothing" I looked down at my feet.

"Laura look at me" he kept his fore finger under my chin and turned me towards him.

"You are a brilliant songwriter, an awesome stylist, a great student and an amazing friend. You read so many psychological books that maybe actual psychologist themselves never read. For god sakes, you are a writer of novel that has been converted into a movie. You've become a celebrity in like 4 days. You don't need approval of guys like Nicholas whether you are enough or not. You mean so much to so many people. You mean so much to me. I don't think I'll survive even a day without you."

I could see that genuineness as well as concern in his eyes. He was about to cry just because of me and I can't let that happen.

"You mean so much to me too Ross. I'm sorry I'm just stupid. Look I ruined my prom" I said trying to joke about it.

"Well prom is not over yet. Come on get up" He said getting up and giving me a hand. I took it and got up. He thrusted his hand inside his pocket and took out a little transparent plastic box.

"A corsage?" I asked

"Yeah, it's a prom tradition in L.A. to give your date a corsage. I didn't know if it's here too, so I bought it just in case. Would you like to..."

I forwarded my left hand without him completing the sentence. He smiled and tied it around my wrist. He then took out his phone and played 'falling in love with you' (my favourite song)

"May I have this dance?" He asked forwarding his hand

"Yes" I whispered giving my hand in his. He placed it on his shoulder and his hand on my waist. We held eachothers free hand and swayed with the music.

(A/N- do read the dialogues between the song)

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Oh, shall I stay, would it be a sin
Oh, if I can't help falling in love with you?

"I realised something today" I said

"What?"

"Not an amazing dress or an awesome song makes the prom perfect. A perfect date does"

Like a river flows, surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too
Oh, for I can't help falling in love with you

Oh, like a river flows, surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be

He was quite, just looking in my eyes. The tension between us increased a hundred times

"Ross" I whispered

"Hmm?"

"It's Perfect"

Oh, take my hand, take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you
Oh, for I can't help falling in love with you

The oceans will calm down
The winds will take a leave
The world will be at rest
And for one moment nothing would be real
It'll be just me and him
Swaying with each other's Rhythm
A million starts will witness
When I have my first kiss

A 7 year old Laura wrote this the first time she saw the movie "never been kissed". Not in a million years I thought this is what exactly would happen.

We both were subconsciously leaning towards each other. I had no doubts now. I knew we both felt the same. Our faces got closer. We are just centimetres apart

"Laura I...." He whispered

"I know" I said in the same voice and our lips met. I could hear hundreds of fireworks. I couldn't even find the difference between real and surreal. His lips were so soft and tender. I wish we never part.
_______________________________________________________________
Hey peeps!
It finally happened. I know how frustrating it was to wait for this for so long and tried my best to make it worth. I've never been more nervous in life about my writing and I genuinely want you all to like it. So my birthday is coming to an end and it feels very sad. But that's not your problem.
Most important thing. Today marks the two year anniversary of this novel and I would like to say thank all of you for liking it. It really means alot to me. Also I'm sorry cause I am bit disappointed in my self that I wrote so less in two years😢😢. I'll give more time to it now
I'll try to post soon
Till then
Keep voting and commenting
Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 122 34
R5 has this competition where you can win to go on tour with them .  The competition is where you answer a whole bunch of questions that no one...
51.2K 912 35
When Elizabeth's cousin invites her and her best friends to spend the summer in California, the three girls jump at the chance to travel to the other...
46.2K 727 45
Ramona Roxy Lynch was your typical school girl who had a loving family and a best friend she could count on. But when a huge secret comes out, will e...