In Between Heartbreaks » TaeR...

Oleh monamonte

Park Chaeyoung just broke up with her boyfriend of three years, Kim Taehyung. But she did not have a clue as... Lebih Banyak

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XXXX

XXXIV

1K 70 19
Oleh monamonte

Jungkook was shifting his eyes from his phone to the elevator. He was standing in the lobby waiting for Chaeyoung. It was their anniversary and they were heading to a fancy restaurant. He was starting to be agitated knowing that she was supposed to get off work ten minutes ago. Moreover, she wasn't answering her phone and she had not replied to any of his texts.

He blew a relieved sigh when he saw Chaeyoung's workmates getting off the elevator. But his relief turned into disappointment real quick when he saw no Chaeyoung until the elevator closed again. He hesitantly approached Chaeyoung's workmates. He scrunched his face when he learned that Chaeyoung went off work about an hour ago due to some emergency. He was left confused as he left the building and took a cab to Chaeyoung's house.

All his failed attempts in contacting her were making him frustrated by the minute. His frustration even grew when none of Chaeyoung's parents or Alice knew of her whereabouts. Also, neither of them got ahold of her. Until . . .

Ring! Ring! Ring!

... ... ... ... ...

Jungkook could feel the fast beating of his heart as he rushed inside the hospital's emergency room. He worriedly scanned his eyes around until he saw a familiar figure standing a couple of meters from him.

Park Chaeyoung

After fearing what could have happened to her in the past hour that no one knew where she was, Jungkook would have instantly ran to her and engulf her in a tight embrace. But what he wished to do was not possible when she was in between someone else's arms.

Kim Taehyung

He painfully watched them as if a thousand needles were pricking his heart. He did not know what actually happened but he believed that Chaeyoung must have an explanation for whatever was happening right now. And he knew that he should not be jealous because, despite how rocky his and Chaeyoung's relationship had been for the first couple of months, they were both in love with no one else but each other. They wouldn't be celebrating their first year together if they felt otherwise.

However, the things he thought he knew were not enough to stop the way his jealousy was eating him alive.

A few hours earlier...

Chaeyoung was whistling happily while thinking about her anniversary date with Jungkook after work. She was busying herself with a report that she needed to submit before her shift ended when she received a call from Lisa.

"Lis . . ." Chaeyoung greeted before she got interrupted.

"Chaeng . . ." Lisa cried from the other end of the line.

"Hey!" Chaeyoung straightened on her seat after hearing Lisa's crying. "What's wrong? Did your jerk of a boyfriend hurt you again? I swear I won't think twice in flying all the way to Canada if . . ."

"No. It's not him. We're fine. We're all good." Lisa whispered in between sobs.

"Then why are you crying?"

"It's uh . . . I have a favor to ask."

"What is it?"

Lisa heaved a deep sigh before speaking.

"Taehyung was arriving today so Auntie, Aleck and Dawn went to the airport to fetch him. But then the cab that they were on met an accident on the way to the airport. The last update I heard from Tae was that the three of them had surgery at the same time. And I . . . I haven't heard from him for over two hours now.

Chae, I know how important today is for you and Jungkook. But I can't seem to calm down thinking about how Taehyung is doing right now. He was greatly affected after what happened with his father. So now that the rest of his family is . . ."

"Which hospital are they in?" Chaeyoung exclaimed before gathering her things.

Chaeyoung hurried to the hospital right away after getting the hospital's address. She passed by her manager's office to ask permission to get off work early before getting out of the building. She was in a rush that she did not notice her cell phone slipping off her bag when she got off the cab.

She only noticed that her phone was missing when she already got inside the emergency room. She was about to run back outside when Taehyung called for her. Seeing Taehyung's miserable state, Chaeyoung completely forgotten about everything else. She stayed by his side the whole time.

Back to the present...

Dawn and Taehyung's mom were already resting in the recovery room while Aleck's surgery took a little longer. He got hurt the most because he was sitting in the front passenger seat.

Chaeyoung was rubbing her hands up and down Taehyung's back while his arms were securely wrapped around her waist and his head was leaning on her stomach. She was standing in front of him while he was sitting on a bench. They were in front of the recovery room.

Chaeyoung was beginning to sense an odd feeling as if someone was looking at her. She whipped her head around until she met a familiar set of eyes staring back at her. She froze in place with her hands stiffly resting in the middle of Taehyung's back.

Noticing it, Taehyung looked up to her before following the direction of her gaze. He was surprised upon seeing Jungkook at the end of the hallway. He was about to say something when he felt Chaeyoung's arms loosening around him. He was disappointed when her warmth completely vanished along with her retreating presence.

Oh what a fool am I! I forgot that she was mine no longer.

Chaeyoung skipped towards Jungkook and firmly held his wrists in each hand.

"Jungkook, it's not . . ." Chaeyoung frantically tried to explain.

But she was unable to proceed when Jungkook sealed her lips with his. It was a brief kiss but it was more than enough to wipe out the earlier tension between the two of them.

"Ssshh." Jungkook said with a finger resting over Chaeyoung's lips. "Let's talk about that later. Now what can I do to help?"

Chaeyoung's eyes were brimming with tears while staring at the man in front of her. Her lips were slightly trembling as she tried her best to hold back her tears.

"Marry me, please?" She mumbled.

Jungkook was taken aback at Chaeyoung's sudden question. If she was wearing that usual teasing smile on her face when she said things like that out of the blue, he would have easily retorted with his typical comeback, "Just tell me where 'coz anytime will do."

Instead she was staring intensely at him, nearly forgetting to blink. Her eyes were wide opened with a tight-lipped smile on her lips. She was furtively holding her breath, afraid that she would repulse him in any way. She was slowly parting her lips in an attempt to say something when a muffled laugh was heard from Jungkook.

He trapped her head in a loose headlock before giving her temple a light kiss.

"You nearly got me there, love." He said with an awkward laugh before adding, "But do tell me where 'coz anytime is fine, like ANY TIME." He grinned to mask the way his heart was beating wildly in nervousness and anticipation.

Pfft! He never takes me seriously whenever I say that.

"So you don't mind doing it NOW?" She teased with a broad smile painting her lips, trying to sound natural.

"I'd love to but . . ." Jungkook trailed off to quickly glance at Taehyung who seemed glued to his seat with his head down and his arms clasped on his lap. "I think you have a pressing matter at hand."

Chaeyoung gulped while looking at Jungkook from the corner of her eyes. Then she answered without tearing her gaze from him.

"Love . . ." She pulled away just enough to face him and put her arms around his neck. "What did I ever do in my past life to deserve someone like you at present?"

"I don't know about that but I've always wondered the same thing." He smirked before pulling her against him.

She gave him a warm smile before giving him a peck on the lips. "Kookie, my love, happy anniversary! May today mark our first year to forever. AND sorry for having to spend it like this.." She giggled in hopes to make the conversation lighter.

"Wait!" Jungkook shook his head from left to right. "Don't think that I'm doing this for free. Of course I'm expecting you to make it up to me." He said with a playful wink at her.

Chaeyoung loudly gasped before covering his mouth with both of her hands.

"Oh my gosh, Jeon Jungkook. How could you casually talk about sex like it's the most natural thing?"

"Chaeyoung! What are you talking about? That idea never even crossed my mind." He answered in his widest smile.

"As if!" She scoffed before interlacing his hand with hers.

They walked back hand in hand to where Taehyung was.

"You really don't mind staying?" Chaeyoung asked Jungkook for the third time as they were nearing Taehyung.

"I don't mind as long as we get to spend this day together." He assured her.

"Together."

Taehyung was getting nervous when he saw Chaeyoung and Jungkook heading his way. He faked a smile when he got up to greet Jungkook with an extended hand towards him.

"Hi. We, uh . . . met again." Taaehyung said.

"Yeah." Jungkook timidly answered.

Oh boy! Why didn't I think this through? Putting your ex-boyfriend and your present in the same space is not good AT ALL.

The rest of the night was filled with awkward interaction between Jungkook and Taehyung.

Taehyung told Jungkook and Chaeyoung that they could leave because he did not want to be a burden to them. But his real reason was that he couldn't stand seeing the couple together any longer. The two was not doing any sort of PDA aside from occasionally getting lost in each other's eyes but Taehyung could not help himself from getting bitter about the whole thing.

If not for Chaeyoung's insistence, Jungkook would have gladly left right when Taehyung's family got transferred to their private ward. However, Chaeyoung was firm in wanting to act upon Lisa's plea. The latter asked Chaeyoung to look after Taehyung while she was trying her best to shorten her trip to Canada with Bambam. Though it might take her two days, at the very least, before they'd be back in Seoul.

Knowing his girlfriend's real intention, Jungkook hesitantly abided. Despite the uneasiness he felt in spending time with Taehyung and his family, he was glad that Chaeyoung kept on holding one of his hand to provide him some sort of comfort.

They were sitting beside each other on a seat outside the ward. Jungkook had his arms around Chaeyoung's shoulder. She was leaning her head on his shoulder as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I can't believe this." She giggled.

He looked at her in confusion. "What?"

"I can't believe we're celebrating our first year together with my ex-boyfriend and his family. This is really weird and awkward. I'm truly sorry for putting you in this situation." She pouted at him.

"There's nothing to worry about. I understand." He said and held her chin with his thumb and forefinger. "Plus, I'm sure you haven't forgotten our deal." He said with his breath already fanning her face.

She frowned, "How could I? You never gave me a chance to forget that."

"Of course, why should I?" He chuckled before he slowly leaned in with his eyes concentrating on her lips.

When their lips met, she eagerly responded in no time.

"How do you want to be rewarded then?" She said in between kisses.

"I'd tell you only if we weren't in the middle of a hospital lobby right now."

She instantly pulled back and spoke with her blushing cheeks. "Oh my gosh! Why didn't you remind me?"

He laughed in response, "I didn't really care so I thought you felt the same."

She tightly gripped the collar on his shirt before burying her face on his chest.

"Jeon Jungkook, we were eating each other's faces out. Why would you want everybody else to see that?"

"Just because." He murmured before pressing his girlfriend against his body.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I'm so sorry if this update took a while. I hope it was worth it though. 😁😄

Thank you for still supporting this story and for your votes and comments. 😘

💙

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

58K 1.8K 60
Instagram texted Based. Park Jimin the bad boy of the school along with his group, BTS. Park Chaeyoung the queen but goody two shoes of the school a...
41K 1.1K 17
Rosé is a happy girl or so everyone sees her. She has a stalker Ex boyfriend who keeps contacting her and brings up her traumas and fears and then t...
14.4K 971 27
A cold CEO whose heart has been broken many years ago. A young woman who feels like she's a burden to the people around her. What will happen when...
79.1K 4K 30
After many months of begging her parents, 16 year old Park Chaeyoung finally convinces them to let her live independently in her own apartment. Duri...