A Werewolf and a Human [2] St...

By TeenWolfHuman

Four months after the events that nearly ended Jackson's life and resurrected Peter Hale, the McCall twins an... More

Chapter 1: Tattoo
Chapter 2: Chaos Rising
Chapter 3: Fireflies
Chapter 4: Unleashed
Chapter 5: Frayed
Chapter 6: Motel California
Chapter 7: Currents
Chapter 8: Visionary
Chapter 9: The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Chapter 10: The Overlooked
Chapter 11: Alpha Pact
Chapter 12: Lunar Ellipse
Chapter 13: Anchors
Chapter 15: Galvanize
Chapter 16: Illuminated
Chapter 17: Silverfinger
Chapter 18: Riddled
Chapter 19: Letharia Vulpina
Chapter 20: Echo House
Chapter 21: The Fox And The Wolf
Chapter 22: De-Void
Chapter 23: Insatiable
Chapter 24: The Divine Move
Chapter 25: The Dark Moon
Chapter 26: 117
Chapter 27: Make-Up Date
Chapter 28: Muted
Chapter 29: The Benefactor
Chapter 30: I.E.D.
Chapter 31: Orphaned
Chapter 32: Weaponized
Chapter 33: Time of Death
Chapter 34: Perishable
Chapter 35: Monstrous
Chapter 36: A Promise to the Dead
Chapter 37: Smoke and Mirrors
THIRD BOOK
NOTICE: Editing/New Stories
NEW STORIES!
NEW BOOK!!
WATTYS 2019

Chapter 14: More Bad Than Good

3.6K 74 1
By TeenWolfHuman

++++++

Scott was running through the trees, trying to find the coyote. That coyote was a shapeshifter. It was Malia Tate. He had to find her. Help her. But he couldn't find any trace of her. Scott couldn't focus his senses and use them as he still didn't fully have control of himself. He was practically racing through the woods blind.

Stiles and Sabrina had wandered off and noticed something in the brush when Scott's roar sounded through the darkness. They moved about, trying to find Scott. Sabrina picked up Scott's scent and Stiles followed after her, using his flashlight to find Scott.

The three ran through the tress and almost bumped into each other.They gave out scared shouts until they realized that it was only each other. "Oh, it's just Scott," Sabrina breathed out.

"I think we found something," Stiles said to him.

"So did I," Scott breathed out.

Stiles and Sabrina then moved and led Scott to what they found. It was a small cave where there were a few things scattered about. "It's a coyote den," he explained. "Werecoyote," Scott corrected him.

A werecoyote. Something new to add to the list of weird and bizarre things that they had come across. Malia had shifted into a coyote and had been the one that attacked her mother and sister. It wasn't a werewolf attack. It was a shapeshifter losing control of itself and had innocent people caught in its cross-hairs. When Scott had first turned, he had been terrified of finding himself in something like that and struggled to keep from living that nightmare. But it seemed that the nightmare had been Malia's reality.

Stiles moved over and picked up a small jacket. "You see this? This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo." Scott then looked about at the other human things that were gathered in the den. But Scott dropped it. "We shouldn't be in here." "What do you mean?" "She's not going to come back now. We just invaded her home," explained Scott. "Our scent's going to be everywhere."

"If she's not going to come back here then where's she going to go?" Scott shook his head. "I don't know."

Stiles gave the den another look. Malia had been a coyote for eight years and had been living here in this place. It shouldn't be too hard to track her now. "Can you two track her now? You two think you got her scent?" 

But Scott shook his head. "Maybe. But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf." A pit fell into his stomach. "I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back." "I may be able to track her down," said Sabrina but she paused. "But what if I find her and see blood all over my hands? I might end up thinking that I killed her." 

Stiles sighed. "The door's still open," he said despairingly. Scott's powers were out of his control. Sabrina sees blood all over her. They wouldn't be able to get to Malia yet.

"If we can't get to Derek, we're going to have to find someone else to help." Scott gave the place another look. "This is basically a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out of my boss's league."

Stiles' eyes widened. "And more my dad's."

++++++

Soon enough, Sheriff Stilinski had been called and he arrived with a few of his deputies to the coyote den. Scott and Stiles were waiting patiently off to the side watching everyone pour over the entrance to the den. The Sheriff was making his way out, in hand with Malia's jacket. He looked over and saw the Scott, Stiles and Sabrina standing off to the side and watching everything tensely. He excused himself from his deputies and walked over to them. "You sure it was her?"

"I looked her right in the eyes, and they glowed just like mine and Sabrina's," Scott told him. Stiles nodded. "It makes sense, dad." But the Sheriff was shaking his head. "But it wasn't a girl. It was a four legged coyote, right?"

"Well, okay. But yeah, see, that's the part that we don't exactly have figured out yet." said Stiles. "Okay, but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving, than anything could've happened," Scott pointed out. "Horrible things could've happened," Stiles threw in. "Ripping, shredding, tearing things." "Which is probably what caused the accident," Sabrina quickly said after that.

Then Stiles cut in. "Think about it dad. They're driving, Malia starts to change, she goes out of control, her mom crashes and everybody dies." "Except for Malia," Sabrina finished. "She blames herself," Stiles realizes. "She goes off into the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote." 

The Sheriff's gaze kept switching between the three teenagers as they told him their theory. After they were finished, he could only nod. "That makes sense." The three gave him a smile but then the Sheriff's eyes narrowed. "In a Chinese folk tale!" he spat at them. That made them, especially Stiles, stare at him gobsmacked. The Sheriff just shook his head. "I'm sorry you three, but this is insane." He then saw the teenagers just stare down at their feet looking both disappointed and even a bit aggravated. It reminded him of the night that he had dismissed Stiles after he tried to explain everything right before he was taken by the Darach. That memory made him deflate a bit. He had told Stiles that he was going to try and walk this supernatural road with him. Now here he was, falling to pieces at his first trek down it. He rubbed furiously at his chin. "I need this kept quiet. The three of you, not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this."  

But Scott turned away from the Sheriff to look behind them. His eyes widened when he saw what seemed like a young Malia being pinned by...himself. He was fully shifted and wolfed out with his claws bared and his red eyes shining. He looked up and let out a deep and primal growl.

"Scott!" he heard from the Sheriff snapping him back.

"You okay dude?" Stiles asked as he saw the dazed look in his eye. He looked over where Scott was looking but didn't see anything but...he knew personally that it didn't mean nothing hadn't been there before.

Scott just shook it off and shrugged. "Sorry. What did you say?" he asked the Sheriff.

But there was a new car pulling up. The Sheriff gave it one look and deflated. "Oh hell."

When Scott and Sabrina's father and Mr. Tate came out of it, Scott and Sabrina just looked away. He was the last person they wanted to see right now. Especially after the argument they had back at their house. Their dad looked over and noticed them there but Scott and Sabrina were determined to not turn and look at him. Meanwhile, Mr. Tate walked over and noticed the jacket in the Sheriff's hand.

"Mr. Tate," he said as the man moved to gently take it from him. "Mr. Tate?" Agent McCall asked him as the man stared at the jacket in his hand. "It's hers," he mumbled. Mr. Tate looked utterly broken at the sight of it which made Scott, Stiles and Sabrina feel even worse about all of this.

"Alright," sighed Agent McCall. "Wait here." But before he could move more than a step, Scott and Sabrina moved to stop him. "Dad."

That only made him give the two a stern look. "I'll talk to you two in a minute. I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you two running around the woods this late." He then went off to check out the den himself.

++++++

Scott, Stiles and Sabrina met up with Allison before the start of History class. Scott had called Allison and asked to meet up with them to help with trying to find where Malia might go after leaving her den. Stiles quickly showed Allison the map of the preserve as soon as she came to them.

"Here's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trails," Stiles told her as he pointed it out.

Allison just looked at the map and scrolled the area over. "That could narrow it down. Coyotes travel on fixed trails. But I think you're right about her not going back to the den," she said to Scott. "Coyotes don't like wolves. And they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes."

Stiles widened his eyes. "Coyotes tiptoe?" "They tiptoe," she nodded. But the bell then rang before they could talk more. "I got to go, but send me the pin location." "Okay," Stiles mumbled after her.

Stiles walked over to his desk and sat down. Sabrina sat down next to him. But before Scott could reach his desk, his path became blocked, by Kira. The two began talking and were interrupted by her dad who made the two of them become embarrassed. Scott then went over to take his seat. As he sat, Kira tried very hard to obscure her face with her hands.

But her father was unaware of the tension he made as he began his class. "Alright everyone, let's get started. We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail. Who would like to come up and read aloud for us?"

Scott wasn't looking at the reading but was starting to look over the Bardo research that Kira prepared for him. It seemed to be quite a lot and he was hoping this would help in resolving the problems that he, Stiles, Sabrina and Allison were having. Maybe it might have some clues on how to navigate through this Bardo state and help him become human again.

Stiles twirling his pen as he stared down at his desk when Mr. Yukimura called for him to come up to the class. "Uh...maybe someone else could?" he asked. But Mr. Yukimura shook his head. "Everyone participates in my class Mr. Stilinski."

Stiles sighed and got up to head to the front. As he looked down at the book, it started to get blurry. He went and gripped on the stand tightly as he began to see the letters start to fall out of the page as if they were drops of water.

Stiles felt a pressure on his head and started swaying on the spot. He looked up at the classroom and saw that it was blurred and spinning. He started to get lightheaded and his breathing started to get very rapid.  

Scott felt the sudden change and looked up from his reading to see that Stiles looked close to collapsing on the spot. "Stiles, you okay?" Sabrina asked getting up from her seat. But Stiles didn't answer. He just kept breathing hard and gripped on the stand as if it was the only thing holding him up. Sabrina quickly moved and Scott followed after her. The two took hold of him. "We should take him to the nurse's office." Mr. Yukimura nodded as he looked concerned for Stiles himself.

Scott and Sabrina started to move him for the locker room. They knew that it would be empty right now. As they got there, Stiles quickly pulled away and started to run inside. Stiles seemed to barely be able to keep himself standing on his own feet. Stiles' breathing also was getting more erratic. Like the asthma attacks that Scott used to get.

"Stiles, look at me, man. Is this a panic attack?" Scott desperately asked him.

Stiles just spun off and headed for the sink which he gripped tightly. "It's a dream. This is just a dream," he panted out. "No, it's not. This is real! You're here with Sabrina and I." Scott cried to him. But Stiles shook his head and looked up at the mirror, towards his own reflection.Stiles then dropped his head back down to the sink as the pressure began to build in his head again and forced him to shut his eyes to try and push it back.

"Okay, what do you do?" asked Sabrina. "I mean, like, how do you tell if you're awake or dreaming?" 

"Your fingers," he nearly gagged. "You count your fingers. You have extra fingers in your dreams."

Sabrina looked at her hands and then held them out to him. "How many do I have?" But Stiles was still keeping his head down and breathing into the sink. "Babe, look at me," she said to Stiles. "Come on, Stiles." Stiles then turned to look at her with his eyes slightly out of focus. "Look at my hands and count with me. Sabrina held up one finger. "One." She then lifted another.  

"Two," Stiles coughed out. "Keep going, you're doing good," Sabrina told him. She then held up another. "Three." Sabrina put up another. "Four." "Five," Sabrina said before raising a finger on her other hand. "Six." Sabrina held up another. "Seven." "Eight," said Sabrina as she raised another. "Nine...Ten" Stiles then saw that no more were appearing. "Ten. Ten," Sabrina said as she calmly held both her open hands up to him.

Stiles' breathing started to settle and his heart started to slow down. He then moved to lean into the wall and drop down to sit on the floor. "What the hell is happening to me?!" he cried out.

"We'll figure it out. You're going to be okay," Scott promised.

But Stiles shook his head. "Am I?" He then looked at Scott and Sabrina. "Are you two?" That actually made Scott look a bit hesitant. "Scott, you can't transform. Sabrina, you keep seeing blood all over you. Allison's being haunted by her dead aunt. And I'm straight up losing my mind." He then started shaking his head. "We can't do this. We can't help Malia. We can't help anyone."

Scott could see that Stiles was starting to give up. "We can try. We can always try." Scott just hoped that would be enough.

++++++

In the locker room, the deputies and animal control were going over everything as Kira was being fussed over by her father.

"Dad, seriously I'm okay," she said trying to calm him. "Why were you not headed to lunch like everyone else?" he asked her sternly. "They left their bags," she explained. "I was just trying to do something nice. You do something nice and you make friends, or so I've heard."

Scott was listening in on their conversation and couldn't help the small smile making its way onto him.

"Scott," Stiles said as he and Sabrina made their way over to him. "I think I know what she was looking for." In Stiles arms was his bag. And inside the bag was the doll from the car wreck.

Scott gave him a small glare. "You took the doll from the car?" he asked a bit annoyed. "Yeah, I thought you two could use it, you know, for like her scent," he tried to explain. 

"Where did you get that?" Scott, Stiles and Sabrina looked over and saw Mr. Tate making his way into the locker room but his gaze was on the doll. He then charged in and snatched it right from Stiles' hands. "Where did you find this?!" "Actually, sir, that's my...baby doll," Sabrina lied.

Mr. Tate glared at Sabrina. "No, it's not!" he yelled at her, making Sabrina jump from his outburst. He then started to fondle it. "It belonged to my daughter," he said more softly.  

The Sheriff quickly made his way over to them. "I'm sorry," he said moving the three teenagers back a bit before going to Tate. "Mr. Tate, I don't know how you heard about this. If you got a police scanner or what, but you can't be here."

He then went to take the doll but Mr. Tate pulled it out of his way. The Sheriff stopped as he could understand why he would keep it. But, his eyes narrowed as he noticed a bulge at the man's side and moved his jacket slightly to see that there was a gun holster strapped to him. The sight of the gun made the Sheriff, Scott, Stiles and Sabrina's eyes widen.

 "I have a permit," Tate explained.

The Sheriff narrowed his eyes. "California schools are gun-free zones, permit or no permit. You need to leave Mr. Tate, now," he said when it looked like the man was going to argue some more. A deputy tried to go for him but Mr. Tate pulled his arm back and glared at the Sheriff.

"You find that animal. You find that thing!" he spat before he ran off.

Scott, Stiles and Sabrina then shared a look. The three could guess what Mr. Tate was going to do. He was going to go and try to find and kill that coyote himself. He was going to unknowingly hunt for his own daughter.

++++++

At the animal clinic, Scott got the message as Deaton came out of the supply closet. He had Stiles, Sabrina and Isaac with him. They finally brought him in and brought him up to speed with everything going on with Malia and he said that he would help any way he could.

"Xylazine. It's a tranquilizer for horses. For a werecoyote, expect it to work within seconds. I only have three. So whoever's shooting, needs to be a damn good shot."

"Allison's a perfect shot," Scott said.

"She used to be," Isaac corrected. "She can do it," Scott insisted. "If we manage to find the thing," Isaac said not skipping a beat.

Stiles rolled his eyes. "Okay, what is the point of him? Seriously, I mean, what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf?" he said eyeing the one that Isaac had wrapped around his neck. "What's up with the scarf anyway? It's 65 degrees out."

Isaac just gave him a smug sort of look. "Look, maybe I'm asking a question no one here wants to ask. How do we turn a coyote back into a girl, when she hasn't been a girl for eight years?" he said with some seriousness leaking out. Everyone else tensed up. Isaac had a real point.

But Scott raised his head up. "I could do it."

Stiles narrowed his eyes in confusion. "You can?"

"You remember the night that Peter had trapped us in the school?" Scott asked. "You mean the night I got knocked out by Peter in the gym and had somehow ended up outside in a freaking bush...vaguely." Sabrina mumbled. Scott shook his head. "Anyway, in the gym, he was able to make me turn by using just his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery."

"This is a werecoyote, Scott," Deaton cut in. "Who knows if it'll even work if you can find someone who can teach you." "That's why you called Derek first," Stiles realized. "I could try it on my own," Scott suggested but his face fell a bit. "But right now, I'm too scared to even change into just a werewolf." 

Stiles sighed. "We need a real Alpha." Scott gave him a look and Stiles rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean. An Alpha who can do Alpha things. You know, an Alpha that can get it going. You know, get it-" "Up?" Isaac guessed. Stiles nodded. "Right."

"Great. I'm an Alpha with...performance issues."Scott saying it like that made it the whole thing seem sadder though...a little amusing if Stiles and Isaac thought about it.

"Is there anyone else that you think could help?" Deaton asked the four.

"I wouldn't trust Peter," Isaac threw in. Sabrina nodded. "Maybe the twins," she suggested. But Deaton shook his head. "They're not Alphas anymore. After what Jennifer did, almost killing them? It broke that part of them." "Yeah, but what if they know how to do it?" Stiles asked.

Scott thought it was a good idea but there was one flaw. "Nobody's seen them for weeks," he said. 

But Sabrina straightened up. "Well, actually, that's not true." That made Scott, Stiles and Isaac give her a look.

++++++

Sabrina quickly put in a call to Lydia and arranged a meeting. He, Scott and Sabrina drove off to the front of Derek's loft where she was waiting for them.

"They'll do it," she said as got out of the car.

Soon they were sliding the big metal door and Lydia walked right in but she was confused as the place looked empty. Stiles and Sabrina moved to stand next to her. "Where are they?" Sabrina asked. Lydia shook her head. "They said they'd meet us here," she said as she kept checking around.

Scott was still waiting by the door but he was then struck at the face from both sides before he was then grabbed and thrown off into the center of the room. Stiles, Sabrina and Lydia looked up to see both Ethan and Aiden as they jumped down and then began to pound on Scott. Sabrina started to move for them but Stiles went and grabbed hers and Lydia's arms, pulling and keeping the two with him. 

Scott started to roll about on the floor, groaning as the pain set in. "I thought you guys were going to teach me how to roar," he coughed out.

"We are!" spat Aiden. "You do it by giving in." "Giving in and letting go. That's how Deucalion taught us control," added Ethan before he reached down and pulled Scott back to his feet.

Stiles' eyes widened though. "You know, that's funny. Sabrina and I've actually tried something like this one time using a heart monitor and lacrosse balls. But you're right, beating the living crap out of him is probably a lot better." 

Scott spat out some blood. "That's actually the plan? You kick my ass?"

Ethan glared at him. "You're afraid to turn. We're going to make you." His brother nodded. "You turn, and then you kick our asses." "And then you roar," Ethan said right before Aiden turned and roared at him revealing his new bright blue eyes which made Scott flinch. Ethan noticed it. "You don't think you can let go with us," he said in a taunting tone of voice. Aiden moved behind Scott and pushed him. "You think you're going to hurt us?"

Scott fell towards Ethan who pushed him just like his brother did. "Come on, McCall. Give it your all. We can always heal." 

Scott went and threw a punch for Ethan but it was half-hearted and he easily caught it. He then went and sent a hard punch right into Scott's gut before sending another punch at his face.

"You're an Alpha," Aiden said after throwing a punch at Scott. "You want to roar like one, you've got to be the monster. Be the beast. Become everything you're afraid of." "That's what gives you power. It gives you strength," Ethan finished.

Scott threw another slow and weak punch at the Twins. Stiles could still see, from how Scott was moving, that he was not really trying. It wasn't really fear, not really...it was hesitation. Stiles could see that Scott was putting as much effort in pushing his wolf back as he was trying to bring it to the surface. Scott didn't seem to want to try and tap into his power at all for some reason. Even after Aiden sent a kick at Scott's stomach and made him fall to the ground spitting up a heap of blood.

"Giving into it doesn't make you the bad guy," Aiden spat down at him. "So long as you can control it," Ethan muttered. "Sometimes control's a little overrated!" Aiden roared out before kicking Scott again while he was still down.

Stiles shook his head. "Come on, Scott, fight back," he said to himself knowing that Scott would be able to hear him. But Scott just managed to barely sit up from where he was as he held his chest in pain. "What if I can't control it?" he choked out. "What if I can't turn back?"

"Then it takes over," Ethan quickly answered. "You become Malia. You get further and further away from being human. You turn into an animal. Or worse." "You turn into Peter," said Aiden.

Scott then had a mental flash of the monstrosity that Peter turned into back when he was an Alpha. That sent a chill down Scott's spine. He straightened himself up and stared the Twins down. For a second, everyone thought that he was finally going to give in. To shift and beat them down as a real Alpha would. But Scott then ran at them, in a typically angered human fashion, which Aiden was easily able to counter as he threw him on the table. He then went and proceeded to beat Scott down. Lydia gasped as Aiden began to brutally pound on Scott and Sabrina moved to cover her eyes as Stiles glared off at the wolves.

Scott just stayed there and kept taking Aiden's punishment. He didn't do anything to try and get himself out of this. Ethan then moved and grabbed Aiden's arm stopping him. "That's enough," he said to his brother. Aiden glared at him. "What? I thought we were helping him." "You help too much." Aiden then looked down at Scott and saw him just looking bloody and beaten on the table.

The sight made Aiden calm down and he leapt off the table to stand next to his brother. Stiles, Sabrina and Lydia moved to get a closer look at Scott. He turned to look over at them. Lydia looked mortified to see him like that but Stiles and Sabrina just sighed and looked a bit disappointed.

Scott closed his eyes. He couldn't do it. He couldn't give in...because he didn't want to. Scott felt like he was in a no win situation. If he didn't give in, then Malia would be hunted down and would get killed. It would be his fault. But, if he did give in...there was a chance that it could cost him the last chance he might ever had to be human again. His door was still open and if he tightened the hold on his inner wolf then he might never be able to get rid of it. Scott was lost on what to do.

++++++

Within the hour, Allison and Isaac were in her car pulling into the preserve at the same time that Stiles' jeep and Scott's motorcycle did. They all got out and looked out in the preserve before tensely looking at one another. Scott saw that everyone seemed to be more on edge than usual. Allison looked nervous, Stiles and Sabrina's faces seemed impassive, Isaac seemed kind of lost, and Lydia looked a little hesitant.

"Anyone else thinks we might be doing more harm than good?" Lydia suddenly asked.

"We're trying to keep a father from killing his own daughter," Scott told her. 

"Actually, we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote who is actually his daughter, who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter." Isaac's words made all of them get more tense, or in Scott and Stiles' case, annoyed.

"And again with the not helping," Stiles said rolling his eyes.  

Scott looked over at Allison. "Did you bring it?"

Allison went and opened the trunk of her car and pulled out the sniper rifle. Scott nodded at the sight of the gun.

He began to prepare his bike to move out into the woods when there an echoing bang sounded through the trees which made all of them stiffen. Then there was another. Gunfire. Scott didn't spare another moment. He put his helmet on and got onto his bike.  

"No, Scott, wait, wait!" Stiles said running to him but was not able to stop Scott racing into the woods with Isaac right behind them.

Allison also took off into the woods with her rifle but Sabrina stayed and Stiles was relieved that she didn't go running off after them. Stiles looked off in the direction where they all ran into and his jaw dropped a bit. He knew what was that way. He had a hunch and quickly went for his phone.

"Who are you calling?" Lydia asked him.

But Stiles just kept his focus as he prayed that his father picked up the phone, which he did after one ringtone.

"Stiles?" his dad said as soon as he picked up. "Please tell me that you're not in the woods right now." Stiles gave his surroundings another look but shook his head. "Dad, we just heard gunfire around Mr. Tate's house." The Sheriff sighed. That meant that they were. "Yeah, I know. Mr. Tate tried to fire at the coyote. It took the doll."

Stiles was taken aback as he stared back at Sabrina and Lydia. "It took the doll again? What the hell is so important about this doll?"

"I don't know, but listen to me Stiles. There are traps all over those woods. Near the trails, probably near the car crash. And Tate's out there too with a rifle. So you and the others have to get out of there, right now!" he said leaving no room for discussion.

"It's the doll," he said to his father, Sabrina and Lydia.

"What? Stiles-" his dad said at him.

But Stiles hung up and he looked over at Sabrina and Lydia. "It's the doll? All right, but why would it go all the way to the school and then all the way back to the house just for a doll? One that was in the car wreck in the first place. We didn't find it in the coyote den."

"It likes the doll. Who cares?" Lydia said not seeing anything relevant. "It likes the doll a lot." Lydia froze. "Yeah," she said slowly. Maybe there was something they were overlooking. "What kind of doll was it?"

He shrugged impatiently. "I don't know. It's a doll. You know, it's got little arms, a big baby head, dead, soulless eyes. Actually, I took a pic. Here," he said going to his phone as he remembered he took a picture of the photo in Malia's room. Stiles showed the picture to Sabrina Lydia and she narrowed her eyes at it. "That's Malia?" Lydia said pointing to the older girl in the photo hugging the younger one.

"Yeah, and that's the jacket and scarf we found in the den."

But Lydia's face widened. "Stiles," she said before pointing at the picture. "She's not holding the doll."

Stiles looked and saw that it was the little girl next to her holding the doll lovingly in her arms. "That's Malia's younger sister." Stiles said.  The doll wasn't Malia's, but her sister's. "It's her doll," Sabrina muttered. "I know what she's doing," she realized. "I know where she's going."

++++++

Lydia stayed back with the cars while Stiles and Sabrina were walking through the woods as she led the way for where she knew the car wreck would be. Stiles tried to reach Scott but only managed to get his voicemail.  

"Scott, it's me, you got to call me back as soon as you can. It wasn't Malia's doll. It was her sister. Malia left it at the car for her sister. It's like bringing flowers to a grave. Okay, and we stole the flowers. So, that's all she's trying to do, right. Bring the doll back to the grave, to the car wreck. That's where she's headed. The car wreck." 

"Stiles," Sabrina called out.

"Yeah?" Stiles asked as he hung the phone up. Stiles then turned and saw that Sabrina was frozen in fear. She was looking down and Stiles looked down as well to see that she was stepping in a steel jawed trap.

Sabrina was starting to freak. "Stiles!" she cried as she shook and the trap moved a bit. Stiles quickly held his hand up to her. "No, Sabrina, don't move!" he told her quickly. He had completely zoned out when his father warned him about the traps and he should have warned Sabrina. He should've warned Scott in the message he sent out. What if he got stuck in one too?

Sabrina tried to keep as still as she could but then let out a cry. Her foot that was on the trap was now covered in blood. She began whimpering and Stiles look at her in confusion before he realized that she was probably seeing blood on herself.

"Sabrina, the blood on yourself is not real," he said as Sabrina began breathing heavily. She closed her eyes. "Look for a warning label," she said tensely to him. "A warning label?" "Instructions on how to disarm it," she said back to him with some bite. Stiles narrowed his eyes. "Sabrina, why the hell would they put instructions on the bottom of a trap?" "Because animals can't read," she nearly screamed out.

Stiles spared a moment to realize that actually made sense before he bent down to try and find the instructions. But, when he found the label, it was in gibberish. "Sabrina, we got a problem. I...can't read either."

Sabrina's face tightened up but she clenched her teeth. "Great, we just both had to be hallucinating in this very moment," she mumbled before opening her eyes. She looked down and to her surprise, her foot was no longer covered in blood. She then shook her head. "You know what? You don't need the instructions. When was the last time you've ever used instructions?" Stiles looked up at her. "Am I right? You don't need them because you're too smart to waste your time with them, okay? You can figure it out." She then took a deep breath as her eyes started to water a bit. "Stiles, you're the one who always figure it out. So you can do it. Figure it out. Stiles, I trust you." 

Stiles narrowed his eyes as he felt the truth and pride in Sabrina's words. He took a deep breath and looked down at the trap and saw something glimmer at the side but was covered by leaves. He moved them to see that it was a round lever. Probably to fasten or loosen the grip of the jaws to open and set the trap.

"Okay," he muttered as he gave the trap another look. "Okay, here we go. Ready?" he asked her right before he put his hand on the dial. Sabrina gave him a small nod and he nodded back. "Here we go." He then went and quickly turned the knob and then Sabrina moved to remove her foot from the trap as Stiles went to catch her.

They then watched as the trap then closed shut about two seconds after her foot stepped off it. Sabrina's grip on Stiles was super tight as she kept her scared gaze on the trap and Stiles squeezed back.  

Sabrina heard panting and turned toward the source. She then broke into a sprint as Stiles called out her name but she ignored him. She ran toward the source and skidded to a stop in her tracks when she came face to face with Malia. 

Malia growled at her but Sabrina flashed her blue eyes at her. Malia then flashed her blue eyes at her as well and slowly trotted up to her. Sabrina held out her hand as Malia sniffed it. "Malia, you don't have to be afraid of us," she said softly as Malia looked up at her with her eyes. "We're just trying to help you, okay?"

Sabrina hadn't expected Malia to understand her but to her shock, she nodded her head. Suddenly, a gun shot sounded off and Malia ran off. "Malia!" Sabrina cried as she stood up. She was about to go after her but heard panting behind her and turned around to see Stiles, with his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.

Stiles straightened himself up and walked over to Sabrina. He then brought her into a hug. "Thank God, you're okay," he mumbled before pressing a kiss to her forehead before pulling away to look down at her. "What happened back there?"

"I-"

Suddenly, a loud roar sounded through the air.

Isaac looked up at the distance with his golden eyes shining at the Alpha's call. While Stiles and Sabrina heard the roar too and let out a relieved breath. "Now that's what I'm talking about," he said with a small amount of relief and pride.

Malia's eyes glowed blue at Scott before she backed away from him a bit. She then bowed her head down. Next thing he knew, Scott was now looking at a naked young girl.A human girl. A human Malia. He did it. He was able to make Malia shift back.

[Edited 3/4/17]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

665K 14.8K 84
"A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other. Maybe temporary, maybe at the wrong time, maybe to...
318K 6.6K 30
Skylar McCall used to worry about things that most teenagers worry about. Turning in her homework on time, passing the next chemistry test, and tryin...
98.6K 1.7K 43
•~BOOK TWO~• Jennifer Blake was gone and the sacrifices were over, but that didn't stop the bad things in Beacon Hills. Something else was going on a...
18.7K 453 15
25 year old Hailey is a woman of secrets. Not one person knows everything about her. When she is called back to Beacon Hills, her life flips. Her bro...