Tony Stark's Daughter [1]

By Stark_2023

BOOK ONE OF THE TONY STARK'S DAUGHTER SERIES (OCxLoki) ~ "I can't remember who I am... who I was! Do you know... More

Cast
(Avengers)
Chapter 2: Avengers Initiative
Chpater 3: HYDRA?
Chapter 4: Reindeer Games
Chapter 5: Chit Chat
Chapter 6: Lady Hope
Chapter 7: "I know a lie when I hear one."
Chapter 8: Coulson
Chapter 9: "I f*cking promise."
Chapter 10: The Battle
Chapter 11: The Battle part 2
Chapter 12: The Battle part 3
Chapter 13: Romeo
Chapter 14: Aunt Tessa
Chapter 15: Bad Nights
Chapter 16: FlashBacks
(Ironman 3)
Chapter 18: S.H.I.E.L.D
Chapter 19: Bucky Barnes
Chapter 20: Who's Maya?
Chapter 21: The Mandarin
Chapter 22: Monster
Chapter 23: Loki?!
Chapter 24: Chad Davis
Hope's File
Chapter 25: "War Machine rocks with an X, all caps."
Chapter 26: Gary Needs Ton- To Be Quiet About it
Chapter 27: What Should I do?
Chapter 28: The Alleyway
Chapter 29: The Alleyway part 2
Chapter 30: The Alleyway part 3
Chapter 31: Trevor?
Chapter 32: Extremis
Chapter 33: The Winter Soldier
Chapter 34: It's a Trap
Chapter 35: HYDRA Misses You
Chapter 36: I Will Never Join
Chapter 37: "Take 'em to Chruch."
Chapter 38: Home
Chapter 39: Christmas
Chapter 40: Birthday Wishes
Chapter 41: See you soon
Chapter 42: Asgard
Chapter 43: Infinity Stones
Chapter 44: ...What?
Chapter 45: Soulmates
Chapter 46: Back to Earth
Chapter 47: Gifts
Chapter 48: Long Time, No See
(Captain America: The Winter Soldier)
Chapter 50: Project Insight
Chapter 51: Sam Wilson
Chapter 52: Nick Fury
Chapter 54: Arnim Zola
Chapter 55: Highway Part 1
Chapter 56: Highway Part 2
Chapter 57: Best Friends
Chapter 58: Staying Hidden
Chapter 59: Helicarriers
Chapter 60: Aftermath
Sequel
Hope's Updated File
Note
Sequel is up!!!
NO JUSTICE NO PEACE

Chapter 53: He's My Mission

6.2K 178 122
By Stark_2023

I walked into S.H.I.E.L.D head quarters. I felt people staring at me. I have to get Bucky's file. Fury took it and it's in his office

. I looked at the Elevator. It's says it's on the top floor. I ain't waiting.

I teleported in front of his office. Sometimes I completely forget I can teleport.

I pulled out a phone to disable the alarms, but the door opened.

"Come on in, Miss Stark." I jumped as I heard the female A.I.'s voice. I slowly walked in. No one was here. "Director Fury instructed I only let you in his office." I nodded.

"That's nice." I whispered as I looked on his desk. Bucky's file was on his desk. There was dog tags. My breath hitched as I read Bucky's name on them. I looked around for cameras. They were covered. How is Fury always a step ahead?

I grabbed the file and walked out the office. I heard alarms going off. I held the file tighter.

Where's Steve?

I ran down the hallway. I stopped when I saw a dozen men running towards me.

I groaned as I turned and ran towards the stairs.

I started running down. I stopped. Dumbass! I thought of Steve and opened a portal. He was running from the Triskelion.

I closed the portal and started running after the soldier.

We made it a few blocks away.

He stopped. I almost tripped. I hate when my ankle just decides to twist out of nowhere. Like what the fuck!? It happens when I'm just walking too. I got weak ankles.

I chuckled to myself.

I walked right into Steve. He held my shoulders to keep me from falling.

"Holy shit! You run fast." I held my side. Cramps! I huffed and puffed. He was unfazed. He raised an eyebrow.

"You can run fast too." He stated. I nodded.

"Yeah, but not as long as you. God! I need to run more. Phew!" I smiled up at him. He rolled his eyes. "You going to get the USB?"

"Yeah." He answered as he picked up his pace. Looking around cautiously.

"Natasha's waiting for you. I'll meet you guys at the mall. I got to go get something." I told him as I started walking away from him.

He furrowed his eyebrows.

"You'll need to find out what's on the USB. I can find out when we get to the mall. Don't worry, I told Natasha about me and Bucky. Just follow Natasha's lead Steve. This isn't your kind of mission." I smirked at him.

He nodded and was went our separate ways.

~

I slowly opened my apartment door. I looked around. Seemed normal. I moved through the whole house, staying quiet.

No one was here. I relaxed a bit. I stayed quiet, knowing it's still bugged.

I walked into my room and opened my closet. I noticed there was burnt marks and scrapes on the amour vault.

I panicked.

I scanned my hand and the door slowly opened. I let out a breath as I noticed my suits were still there.

I grabbed my bracelets and put on my new suit.

I still had the file, which were tucked in my pants under my shirt. And the dog tags hung loosely on my neck.

"Greetings, Miss Stark. Are you okay?" J.A.R.V.I.S asked politely. I smiled.

"I've been better J. How's my dad? Please don't tell me you told him about this?" I grabbed my other suit. I walked out the closet.

"He is currently having lunch with Colonel Rhodes. Don't worry, Miss Stark, I have not told your father that you are in trouble with a secret organization that plans on taking you captive, again." If this A.I was a person... god! Imagine the sarcasm! I teleported to New York with my armour.

All my practicing is paying off.

I was thankful Dad isn't home. I was now in the tower.

I walked up the stairs to my room and placed the suit on my bed. I laid it down. Dad's gonna freak when he sees this.

I heard a gasp from behind me.

"Hope! Oh I missed you!" Pepper exclaimed with a grin. I got out of my suit. I gave her a big hug. I love her hugs.

"Hey Pep. I missed you too." I whispered softly. Pepper pulled away. She held my face as she stared at me. Her eyes scanning my face.

"What's wrong? What happened?" She asked worriedly. I smiled softly at her.

"S.H.I.E.L.D happened. It's not what we thought it was. It's been compromised. And now, me, Nat, and Steve are on the run from them." Not bothering you hide it from her. She bombed me with questions. Asking what I was gonna do, how were they compromised, and other questions. I answered them all truthfully. I can't hide anything from her. She was a born mother, or it's just she had practice with Tony.

"Are you going to ask Tony for help? You know he will kick ass for you any day." Pepper said with a serious look. I laughed. Oh I know.

"No, don't tell him. That's what I'm afraid of. We can handle this. Just tell him I brought these back because-."

"Hello!? Pepper!? You here!? J.A.R.V.I.S told me I had a gift waiting for me!" I heard Dad's voice call out. I have to get going, but I want to say hi. I don't know what to do.

"I informed Miss Romanoff of your current situation. She said. 'Tell her to stay there for a bit, we'll get the information. We'll be facing someone she's been waiting to see. Just cool down and we'll get back to her with a rendezvous.'" Natasha's voice spoke in my ear. Yeah, the situation you put me in. I should be there, helping them, but I need advice from the wisest man I know. I looked over to Pepper.

"I think you should tell him. He'll be furious when he finds out." She gave me a knowing look. I nodded with a sigh.

"I guess I should." I walked out my room and walked down the stairs. I smiled as I notice Dad. He had on a plain grey t-shirt with some sweats on. He had on my Iron Witch slippers I gave him. He must have changed when he got home. I grinned as I ran towards him and jumped on him. He fell to the ground, not expecting it. He grunted as he landed. He started to panic, but stopped as he seen my grinning face. "Hello!" I exclaimed in his face.

"Oh my god!" He started to squeeze the living daylights out of me. I didn't care as I hugged him just the same. "I missed you so much! I love you! I love you!" He placed kisses on my head and in my hair. I laughed as we stood up. He was grinning widely. "What are you doing here?!"

"I came to visit." I lied smoothly as I put on a somewhat fake grin. Dad noticed. Goddammit! He glared at me.

"What happened? Who did it? Was it Steve? Do I need to come down there and kick-!"

"No, it's okay!" I laughed at his sudden mood change. I looked up the stair to see Pepper smiling. She nodded at me encouragingly. I gulped. I know Dad isn't connected to S.H.I.E.L.D. He doesn't trust them, he just trusted Fury. "Can we talk though?"

"Of course. Let's go sit in the living room." Dad lead me into the living room. I sat on the couch and he sat a few feet away. His grin still on his face. I can't tell him! He's too happy right now! He needs a break.

"What's up sweetheart?" I looked to my hands. I can't tell him.

"I just wanted to thank you, for everything." I smiled softly, weakly. His grin went away and was replaced with a confused frown.

"What's the matter Hope?" Dad became serious. Why do I feel like I fucked up? This man knows me like the back of his hand.

I was contemplating on whether to tell him or not.

My hands began to shake slightly. I tried to hide it before Dad noticed.

I tried. He grabbed them and gave them a squeeze. "Hope, tell me what's got you so worked up?"

"It's nothing—."

"Don't give me that crap." He whispered with a shake of his head. "Don't."

I stared at him for a moment. Everything seeming to rush out, just like it always does.

"Tell me what's bothering you? Tell me so I can fix it, just like I do everything else." He smiled reassuringly.

I really wish you could fix this, Dad. I really do.

"You remember HYDRA?" I cleared my throat as I glanced at the ground, then back up to him. He furrowed his eyebrows and nodded slowly.

"Well... they're in Washington, and they are after me." I bursted out. I looked at Dad. His eyes widened.

"S.H.I.E.L.D has been compromised by HYDRA for who knows how long. They have been keeping track of me for the past few months. I can't get into half of the agents heads. Me, Nat, and Steve are on the run from them. Fury faked his own death. Maria is even there. When Fury showed me and Steve Pro-..." I stopped suddenly.

Project Insight.

I totally forgot about it. HYDRA can easily take over. Is that why they went after Fury? Because he was catching on?

"Hope listen to m-." Dad began. I stood up and started to pace.

"Project Insight, Dad... HYDRA makes up almost, if not, half of S.H.I.E.L.D..." I looked at him. His eyes widened.

"Oh my god. They could kill so many people, including you two." I realized with a whisper.

"What did you say? You know what, I'll just come with you—."

"No, no. I don't want you to." I cut him off again. He looked at me like I was crazy. "I know them. I know how they work. I'm stronger now. Plus Steve and Natasha will be there."

"Hope! You were just freaking out about it! How do I know you won't freak out again!? You lose control! I'm coming to help! I won't let you get hurt! Not you, not Nat, not Steve. You are my daughter and I-."

"I'm not your real daughter!" I yelled angrily. Dad took a step back. Shock and hurt filled his face.

A gasp came from Pepper.

I looked between the shocked Pepper and hurt Tony. I gulped down the sob.

Hurt flashed in his eyes. I instantly felt regret.

I never, in my life, thought I would hurt this man.

I watched as a tear rolled down his face, which he wiped away quickly.

I just said that to him, and he still wiped away my tears? How on Earth do people hate this man?

He nodded and looked to the ground.

I made him cry. I made the strongest man I know, cry.

I started to sob.

"I-I'm sorry Dad... I didn't m-mean it! I-I will a-always be you're daughter! Pepper, I-I'm sorry!" I stuttered as I sobbed. Dad and Pepper looked at me.

Dad having an off look in his eyes. I tried to stop my sobs.

"Look... um..." I tried to regain my clear thinking.

Dad stared at me, confused and slightly scared. Pepper stared at me with shock and worry.

"Say what you have to say." Pepper nodded with an encouraging smile and nod. I nodded and gulped.

I licked my lips and let out a shaky chuckle. "I'm about to get real emotional, so bare with me."

Dad and Pepper walked up closer to me.

"Y-You're right, D-Dad. I'm freaking out. I-I'm trying so hard to be s-strong, just like you. You've been there for me, for so long. You both have. You've both have done nothing but give me love, a home, a new start, and most importantly, a f-family. I can't ever thank you enough. You kept me happy."

"You're my dad. There's no doubt. I didn't mean that. You are my f-father. You will always be. I love you Anthony Stark. I love you Virginia Potts. And there's no lie about that."

"I need you to stay here. I need to handle this by m-myself. I need to face my past." I nodded confidently. The two stayed silent. "This is my past. I need to fix it, like you did."

I stared into Dad's eyes. He clenched his jaw as he rubbed his nose with his fingers, placing a hand on his hip.

"There's a man out there, that needs the exact saving you did to me. He's been there longer, way longer, than me. My brother, Dad... he's been tortured just like I was. I can't leave him there, not after forgetting him and moving on. He even saved me that night. He helped me escape HYDRA, knowing damn well we both couldn't."

I bit my lip hard, trying to contain my cry as I thought of that night. The night I left the man I considered a brother.

Dad's eyes were wide and glossy, staring at me. He was speechless.

"I made a promise to him. I told him I would get him out of there too. He helped my through the worst years of my life, and he had no one for the worst 70 years of his life. I need to save him. He's my mission... I'm sorry... Just let me go on my own..." I sniffled as I looked at him.

"I'm sorry for pouring all this in ya now. I just new you would see the news and probably have a heart attack or come try and save the day." I apologized for my rant.

I always do this. Freak out after holding it in for too long and it all just comes out in a big... storm.

His eyes bored into mine as walked over to me. His arms raised as he hugged me. I cried into his chest.

I stared at Pepper, noticing the slight tears in her eyes. Guilt consuming me.

"I love you, so much, Hope Marie Stark. You are one of the lights of my life. You gave me a reason to change. You are one of the most amazing women I have come to know. You grew up so much, and I couldn't be more proud. We both are. I learned so much from you. How to be loving, compassionate, strong. You are truly amazing Hope. I can't stress enough how much you mean to me. You will always be my daughter. No matter what you do, no matter what you say. I love you Hope." He hugged me tightly. I hugged him back. I have this bad feeling again, like really bad, about tomorrow.

I need to do something before I leave.

"I need to go, okay... please stay here. I'll call as soon as this is over, which is soon. I know it. I have a feeling tomorrow or the day after. Okay?" I spoke in his shoulder. I felt him nod. He follows that feeling.

"Well then I better see your ass in this tower in 2 days. Right in this very spot. No exceptions..." Dad pulled away as he stared into my eyes. I looked up at him.

"I'll be fine Dad." I reassured again. Dad sighed in defeat, but nodded anyway. I made a portal, but you couldn't see inside it.

"I love you Pepper!" I called out to her. She smiled as tears fell down her face. I ran and gave her a hug. I took in her perfume. I whispered something in her hear. Then I said, "I love you, Mom..."

" I love you too Hope..." she sobbed at the last words.

"You are so strong. So strong." She whispered into my ear. I clenched my jaw at those words. "You best come home soon. No more surprises, promise me."

"... I don't think I can." I told her truthfully. She squeezed my tighter.

"Well... just come home." She mumbled to me, her voice cracking slightly. I licked my lips as I know what's going to happen.

She gave me a kiss on the cheek just before I pulled away.

I walked back to the portal.

I looked back at Dad. He was crying too. He was scared.

"You know I can do this. You don't have to worry." I tried to reassure him.

"My daughters about to face people who kill and are planning on using her for their own gain. Not to mention they are the one thing that shakes you to your core. I feel the need to worry is strong." He smiled softly. I laughed. I gave him a warm smile.

"I'll be fine. I'll see you soon." I looked back on last time before waking into the portal. I looked down at my armour on my bed. Why does this feel like a goodbye?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 562 73
Book 1 of 3 (Book 2- The Saviour- is out) Y/N Stark is not an ordinary kid; she was orphaned. She struggled at living and always found it hard to tru...
62.7K 1.6K 40
Mistreated from a young age and sent away in her teens by her parents, she all but disappeared off the face of the Earth. Years of abuse from her new...
641 30 42
Ashlyn Stark was in an accident when she was young that resulted in her gaining powers. Powers? Yes I did say powers as in multiple. The daughter of...
6.5K 67 25
A little Asgaurdian princess and goddess of life with long dirty blonde hair and sparkling green eyes like her father's is taken to the battle of New...