In The Dark

By AmaniThomas

"From the first time I saw you, I knew you was the one....But this will never work because in the end you kno... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Author's Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 9

2.3K 95 51
By AmaniThomas

Shannon

Four Days Later

East Manhattan, New York

I woke up from my slumber hearing banging at my door. Looking over at my alarm clock that read 12:00 a.m., I rolled my eyes while trying to think about who could be at my door at this time. Only a few people actually knew where I stayed so I was kinda confused. I huffed as I made my way to the door looking out my peephole only to see that they had it covered. Furrowing my eyebrows, I moved to my closet in the hallway and grabbed my bat. Closing the door, I went back to the front door unlocking the door and opening it. Elijah's body fell from off the door and into my arms.

"Elijah, what are you doing here," I mumbled but he didn't respond to me. I heard him groan and smelled his breath that smelled of liquor. I rolled my eyes closing the door locking it and then placing the bat beside the door. Trying to move us into the living room, we eventually got there and I sat him on the couch. He slumped over on the couch looking up at me with sad eyes.

"Shannon," he croaked out grabbing at my hand trying to pull me on top of him. I gently pulled my hand from his and sat on my coffee table. "I want to apologize for what I said." I put my hand up not wanting to hear it.

"No need to apologize. You said the way you felt," I said. I didn't even want to hear him repeat what he said because it broke my heart but also held some truth in it.

"But me saying it made me lose you. I never wanted to hurt you, Shannon. So just let me apologize. I'm sorry for saying that maybe Derek deserved to die because I was so fucking jealous of yall relationship and that you were putting yourself in danger by still hanging out with him. I know that you can protect yourself and have me but I felt that you were too clouded by your feelings for him that it wouldn't matter. I'm so fucking sorry, Shannon." I nodded my head at him wiping the few tears that fell from my eyes.

"I accept your apology." He smiled at me trying to sit up on the couch but failing. "I really do accept your apology but you still fucked up because you went to Maya and don't tell that yall not fucking because I know you." He turned his gaze from mine and I got up from the table starting to walk away from him but he grabbed my hand stopping me.

"I know I fucked up but I do love you baby. I'm so fucking in love with you."

"That's good to know. You can sleep on the couch and there's blankets in the closet in the hallway. I'll see you in the morning. Get some sleep." I pulled away from him making my way inside my bedroom and closing the door. It took me awhile to fall asleep with thoughts clouding my mind but eventually went to sleep.

***

Hearing the alarm clock go off loudly, I smashed my hand against it turning it off. I groaned not wanting to get up but I knew I had a photo and video shoot to do today so I got up. When I said I got a new job, I was modeling part time for this modeling agency called JAGMODELS while also going to school. I was making crazy money like $15,000 to $20,000 a shoot. I was also on a couple magazine covers which was even more money. Modeling is the way I could afford this apartment and car.

Getting up from my bed, I went into the bathroom using it and then hopped into the shower. I did my daily hygiene including brushing my teeth and washing my face. I put on some simple clothes for today that would be easy to take off and left my room. I didn't have to be to the first photo shoot until 3 and it was only 12 right now. Seeing Elijah sitting on the couch holding his head, I laughed lightly before heading to the kitchen. I opened the cabinet grabbing the advil and then went to the fridge grabbing a bottle of water. I made my way to the living room and passed him the medicine and water.

"Thank you," he mumbled drinking from the bottle of water. I nodded my head at him and then went back to the kitchen. I grabbed all my fruit out of the fridge placing it on the counter and started mixing it in the blender. Hearing footsteps behind me, I turned seeing Elijah sitting on my counter looking at me. "What are you doing today?"

"I got two shoots but then I'm free," I said putting my focus on blending my smoothie.

"How about we spend today together? I want to earn back your trust. I'll take you to both your shoots and after that we hang out like old times." I shrugged my shoulders not really knowing what to say. Of course, I wanted to be around him but I didn't want to fall back into his trap so easily again.

"Uhm, that's cool. I guess." Turning off the blender, I went to one of my cabinets and tried to grab my bottle but it was on the top shelf. I felt Elijah's body against mine as he reached for the bottle handing it to me. He still didn't move away from me when he gave it to me. I looked up at him and he placed a small kiss on my lips then moved away from me completely.

"We need to get up out of here, so I can go to my house and get ready." I nodded and finished with putting my smoothie in the bottle. I put the blender in the sink and ran some water in it. Grabbing my phone and keys, we both made our way outside the apartment. We got on the elevator and I stood there silently not knowing what to say. I wanted to tell him so bad that he couldn't be kissing me but chose not to say that because I missed his lips on mine.

***

"You can sit in the living room until i'm ready," he said placing the keys on the table and heading upstairs to his room. I slouched down on the couch pulling out my phone to call Alana. It rang a few times before she answered the phone.

"Hey bitch," she said, causing me to smile. We haven't seen each other since I got back mostly because Travis hogged up all her time.

"Wassup, baby mama? I miss you bitch," I said.

"Where are you at? Ill pull up on you since Travis just left the house."

"With Elijah for right now and then I got work." I heard her gasp into the phone before she busted out laughing.

"Bitch, you with who? Come again say what. I know I didn't hear you just say Elijah."

"Yes, you did bitch. He came over last night drunk off his ass and stayed the night. We talked everything out and he apologized for what he said. We are taking things slow but you know that's gone always be my man, sis."

"Yeah, yeah. Has it broke it off with Maya that's the billion dollar question right there?"

"Nah, but he better her services are no longer needed anymore," I said laughing.

"You a fool. Derek services are no longer needed either," she said, making me roll my eyes. I knew i shouldn't have told her ass about that but me and Derek was just caught in the moment and plus we was drunk as fuck.

"Bye, bitch." I hung up the phone in her face laughing. I threw my phone on the couch and got up heading up the stairs. I went inside his bedroom not bothering to knock because I heard the shower still running. Hopping onto his bed, I kicked my shoes off and laid back on one of his pillows. I looked around the room noticing that nothing had changed since I last been in here.

Hearing the shower turn off and the door open, I turned my head to see Elijah coming out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. I instantly became moist seeing the water drip from his chest. He smirked at me before going over to his dresser pulling out some clothes.

"You just decided to make yourself comfortable on my bed," he said walking over to me as I crawled down to the edge of the bed. I nodded my head grabbing his biceps and running my hand down his chest. I kissed his chest then moved up to his neck sucking lightly there. He wrapped one arm around me tightly then grabbed the back of my head kissing me on the lips.

The kiss was so hard and aggressive not like the one before we got here. Laying back on the bed, my legs swooped around his waist making him fall on top of me. I giggled as soon as he groaned.

"Sorry," I whispered. I grabbed his chin bringing his lips closer to mine pecking them softly. My hand wandered down and into his towel rubbing against his semi hard dick. He grabbed my hand stopping me from stroking him.

"Hey, I just got you back and we are supposed to be taking things slow. At least let me take you out on a date first," he said to me.

"Okay," I mumbled. He kissed me again before getting off of me. I watched him as he got dressed and once he was done with that we were leaving out of his house. I got into the passenger side and Elijah started up the car backing out of his driveway.

"Where we going too, mamas," he asked looking over at me. I smiled at him before telling him the address. He nodded then turned the radio on. Smiling at the song that was playing, I grabbed the hand that he wasn't using to drive and placed it on my lap but not before kissing it.

"I'll love you like I've never , ever loved somebody," I sang to him. He looked at me smiling huge also laughing at how horribly I sounded.

"Baby, why don't you just let her sing the song," he asked turning the music down low. I shoved his hand off of my crossing my arms and pouting.

"Shut up," I said bucking at him. He laughed, shaking his head.

Elijah

"I picked good when I chose Shannon," I thought to myself. Watching her in her element, I caught myself staring hard as hell at her. They had her on this blue collared dress and it kinda looked like she was a maid. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and took a few pictures of her and decided I'd post her on instagram later.

"That was good, Shannon. If you would wait a few minutes, I can get these pictures printed and lamented off and back to you. We will text you and let you know when there online and everywhere else you could think of," the photographer said to her.

"Alright, let me just go get dressed first," she said heading to the dressing room while I followed behind her. I shut the door behind me and went to sit on the couch.

"You did so good, mamas," I said. She looked at me through the mirror and smiled. I loved seeing her in her element and it looked like this modeling shit was made just for her and I was all for it. "So where we heading to next?"

"Video Shoot." Grabbing all her belongings, we made it to where the photographer was at and he handed her the photos and then we said our goodbyes.

***

"It's a wrap," the director said as Shannon and Trevor Jackson stopped hugging each other. I stood there pissed off because first off they had them kissing and feeling up on each other. They were too close for my liking and when we got here Shannon told them that I was her brother which made me extremely mad. I just stayed quiet for the remainder of the video.

"Yo, I really appreciate you for doing this video for me," Trevor said with his hand on her waist. I could literally feel my boiling and she didn't even try to move his hand. She was looking up at him with her big brown eyes smiling huge.

"It was no problem," she said then looked over at me. Her smile disappeared and she pulled away from that nigga slowly. I just walked away and headed to the car but continued watching from the car. He pulled her in for a hug again and then they waved bye to each other.

Hearing her get in the car and closing the door, I continued looking out the windshield and pulled out of the driveway. It was quiet for a good minute before she turned on the radio. I gave her a quick glance and rolled my eyes.

"I was gone take you out but i'll just let that nigga do it," I said causing her to turn the music down all the way.

"Where the hell did that come from, Elijah?"

"I mean you were all on his ass and shit. I felt like your ass was enjoying it a little too much but that's just my opinion. I mean I am your brother and allat."

"First off, this is my job and I gotta look the part. Second off, you are 10 years older than me have you forgotten that shit. I'm tryna to protect your crazy ass. I would never disrespect you like that especially in person so you need to chill out, b."

"Man, I'm sorry okay," I said. She just turned the music back up and remained quiet for the rest of the ride. I pulled up in front of the restaurant called Le Bernardin and parked the car. I turned towards Shannon placing my hand on her thigh. She looked at me with a mug and it reminded me of myself which caused me to chuckle.

"Listen, i'm really sorry so let me make it up to you and put some food in your belly," I said moving in to peck her lips but she turned her head so I got her cheeks instead. She removed my hand off her lap and got out the car starting to walk to enter the restaurant. I jogged to catch up with her entering behind her.

"Table for two," I told the reservationist.

"I'm sorry but you need to have a reservation beforehand," he said looking us up and down. Shannon looked behind her at me, cocking her head. I put my hands on her shoulder putting her behind me before she could say something.

"I did. It's placed under Miller," I said. He started looking on the computer furrowing his eyebrows. Grabbing two menus, he told us to follow him. I wrapped my arm around Shannon and we followed him. "We would like to sit in one of your private areas." He nodded taking us to the very back where there were drapes over a booth.

"Here's your menu and a waiter should be here in a minute to take your order," he said before walking off.

"He racist as fuck," Shannon said mad as hell. I chuckled only because it was the truth.

"Let's just enjoy the food and each other's company," I said.

"Can I ask you a question," Shannon asked. I nodded at her. "What made you go to Maya after we stopped talking?"

"I don't even know. That little bitch was hot-n-ready. Just so you know she ain't got nothing on you, I used her for a quick nut when I needed it. We were never together so don't let anybody tell you no shit like that."

"Have you ended things with her, though?"

"Nah, but I will. Right after we leave here, I will."

"Gimme your phone." I pushed my phone over to her that was already on the table and watched as she unlocked my phone and began typing on it. After she was done, she handed me my phone back and then started eating the rest of her food. I looked at my phone and saw that she had messaged Maya and also blocked her.

"You know you my baby, right?" She nodded smiling at me.

***

Sorry for the way that I ended this chapter like this. I just wanted to post something because I haven't posted in over two weeks.

Elijah and Shannon are back together but taking things slow. Y'all finally know why they ended things in the first place.

I'm going to try to post another chapter by the end of the day but if not posted today, I will post it tomorrow for sure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 84.4K 76
I found my homie and my best friend I'mma be there for ya till the very end No matter what, no matter what , no matter what.
232K 10.3K 40
"If only you were mine.." "Baby I'm thuggin I cant be ya' boyfriend."
5K 138 11
"When I first met you I didn't realize how much you would end up meaning to me"
139K 4.6K 58
"If you're all for me than let me know what's up, don't change up on me in the long run.. keep it open 100 cause you got potential"