Glass Magic REWRITTEN

Galing kay lonewolfpuppylol

Glass magic, the weakest of magic, the most fragile, the least effective. Those with it always end up with ai... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Yes I cut it off at 40ish Chapters

Chapter 16

140 15 0
Galing kay lonewolfpuppylol

            After kicking me out for nearly an hour so they could discuss amongst themselves because I, obviously, have nothing better to be doing. I got a glare when I was pulled back in by the fire elite because I had taken the long, forced, wait to read but he didn't directly insult me. Just gave that disgusted look he seems to always have when looking at me. 

            So, you know, nothing different there.

           Regardless of the issues he has with that misfortune of a face of his, they asked more about my potion but I shut down all questions about the recipe before they could even get the rest of it off their lips. Oh, I'm sorry, did you not know I'm the daughter of a merchant? Well, that's a new fact for you and also why would I ever give information I could make money off away for free?

            No. Just- no. I don't care if I'm afraid of that lot. Money is money and I will die for it. Willingly. 

            Anyway, they took all of the remaining potions, except one that they claim I can 'use for comparison' because they clearly understand potion-making. Having been shut down for the recipe, I was encouraged(*cough cough* urged aggressive *cough cough*) to make more for them. The dean even used it as an excuse to actually give me the key he was supposed to give me well over three weeks ago.

          Upon seeing this, Miss H gave a mighty glare that promised a later argument. Ushering me out of the room she properly encouraged my potion-making, without any greedy undertones, and even let me keep all my books and notebooks. Which was amazing. I was not going to be able to make this without those.

            Which leaves us here, with me in front of a mirror, having finished everything for the day and still not seen the damage of yesterday's fiasco. I had been far too busy with makeup classes to so much as look at myself. And I couldn't seem to make a mirror to save my life. I tried. A lot. 

          Leaning to the side gently I held my cheek and ran my finger over the pinkish whitish mix of skin along the side of my face. Did I turn my head or something? I had expected more. Though, my ear did look wonky and it did run along the side of my head more than my face. Maybe two inches, two and a half inches, along the entire right side of my face?

        It stretched to my eye thankfully that was working just fine, other than missing half my eyebrow, but it really hadn't been as bad as I thought it would have been. Leaning back I touched the mirror and looked over my torso, my hair brushed over my other shoulder. It wasn't very prominent on my neck but enough so that you didn't have to look twice to find it.

          Running my fingers along the curve of my shoulder I tapped it lightly with my forefinger and middle finger. It drew past my collar bones to nearly half my right chest, it pulled down just below the hip, turning I looked over my bony shoulder and pulled my hair in front of me. 

          It wrapped around the back of my head to maybe three inches before half, my scalp showing with the pink-white dips of my skin, which was quite curious and truly telling me I had turned my head before the blast. Just as aggressively as the front it reached a fourth of the way across my back, halfway to my slightly visible spine, fading the further it got away.

           Raising my arm, which had the worst of it, I slowly ran my fingers down my side. It wasn't that much lighter than my arm. Narrowing my brown eyes, I went through the effort of actually inspecting my arm. With how horribly burned it is I'm quite shocked at how effortless it is to move. Though a little tight it really does feel as if nothing had happened.

          He had mentioned surgery. Did he sever the melted skin? I thought as I looked between my fingers. The skin was certainly more scarred around my fingers, wrist, and elbow. Even just under my arm looked as if it had a little assistance. Opening and closing my hand I rolled my wrist and hummed.

            That's impressive.

            Looking at my nails I frowned lightly at the slight curve and murkiness of them having me think about maybe bothering to paint them. Rolling my eyes at the effort I ruffled my hair and began to dress myself. I understand why he laughed now. It wasn't my face nor the new scars.

            It was my hair.

            A large portion had been burned and was missing and a lot was simply singed. I would laugh too had I seen that walking with the council. At the thought, I looked in the mirror once more. My hair hadn't been extremely long, simply below my chest, but now I was missing most of the right side and it was not evenly singed.

          Glancing at my dragon, who was watching me curiously, I hummed and shrugged. It was getting in the way anyway, long hair wasn't something that went along well with war. Warmth ran down my arm as a pin brushed against my fingers and I was quickly parting the top off. Working gently around the patched hair within my burned scalp to get at least a half-decent line.

           Mother would kill me if I just lopped it all off after all. Humming I tied it up and started to cut away at the mess that was left down, practically cutting it to my scalp, attempting to level with what was missing, I pulled the ribbon holding the rest of it free and got to work on that, though not nearly as short, I cut it to just below my jaw.

           Tossing the scissors at the dragon I didn't even bother looking as the sound of it shattering was enough for me. Throwing my uniform aside, having just dirtied it, I brushed off the invasive hair. Quickly pulling on a different uniform and I ruffled my hair over the mop on the floor as I grabbed my bag, pulling my many crystals around my neck, and paused before I went to leave, catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

           Staring at the mirror, my skill better than I remember it ever being, I pulled on one of my curls. It stretched and stretched while I just stared. The top puffed up but swept to the side with minimal effort, the sides and back shorter while the top was long enough to brush just below the jaw. Letting go, it bounced back into place, my hair no longer matching my face. Though, it hadn't really ever done so.

          ... Maybe this was for the better. Humming I reruffled the part of my hair that was hiding what I had done to my face and head before tying back what would only get in the way.

        "We're leaving," I called jerking the door open and slamming it behind us, we began our way to the potion room. Which I quickly discovered was closer than that closet they call my class study room. All it had in it was about ten 'how-to' guides and a set of lockpicks, that I actually just carry around at this point. 

         Class study is always so... Fun. I bet you can imagine just how great a study it is.

         However, it wasn't like I didn't understand, I was the only rogue in the entire school so they probably just whipped it up as fast as possible which left it bare and with only the basics. So, while everyone else gets their in-depth lessons on just want they're suited for- I get a child's book. I'm sure you're starting to understand why I dislike this place beyond the blatant cruelty they claim to be learning. That and despite my attempts to either buy new or find my old boots, I have been forced to walk around barefoot for the majority of my schooling here. The teachers didn't even dress code me anymore.

          I'm positive they had better ways to go about it but by the fact they haven't changed it, this is either faster, easier for them, or the cheapest option. Or, my current number one, this tactic also works as a form of brainwashing. Breaking down their dreams until there's nothing left but orders and preventing future rebellion. If that one is true, then ethics and morals are to be crushed before we ever get to the battlefield. Which means, they're doing risky things that need the brainwashing of children.

       A model soldier is, after all, a young and moldable mind- especially one wiped of hope.

        But, well, even I wouldn't say that out loud. Much like how I keep my draconic golem ideas to myself. People have certainly thought of it before but no one has brought it to attention, or, maybe they have and unfortunate things unfolded.

            Twisting a lock of my hair around my finger I looked to my dragon who gave a small shrill. Smiling softly I ruffled the smooth glass of its head. "Yes, yes, I'm sorry, I'm being a downer, aren't I? I shouldn't let my sour mood bother the both of us," I hummed before taking a breath and straightening myself.

          With was a third-year and above room. I was a first-year. I had to expect the unexpected. Or cower in a corner? Or cower in a corner! That sounded a lot more fun. I'm doing that. Giving the beast a pointed look it sat down and stuck its tongue out like a dog. Nodding I silently unlocked and opened the door.

          Closing it just as quietly I quickly moved to the back before any of them looked at me. Pressing my hand to the wall I winced when the light glowed but, thankfully, people minded their own business and the dragon pranced out of the summoning circle thrilled.

         Giving a look it huffed and laid down before it could cause trouble. Okay, you got this. Pulling out my notes I skimmed them briefly, pulling out ingredients as I read them. Doing the failures in order I dumped them in the moment they were done. With the execution of one that I had actually gotten right and had to do again.

         Slowly stirring it, figuring that it rolling had done so, I side-eyed the large orb as it bubbled, the colors mixing to a deep and disgusting green. Raising the mixing stick I watched as a drop hit the table and sparked. Leaning in with a raised brow, surprised I had got it right on the first try, it started to bubble again.

           And a big one popped right in my face, the air that rushed out leaving me to cough wildly, my hand slamming against the top and closing it quickly, my choking continuing as my eyes watered wildly. Don't breathe it in. I repeat, do NOT breathe it in!

         Scribbling this desperately in my notebook I continued to cough, enough to draw attention to myself and also enough to get the supervisor to walk over to ensure I was okay. I was not. At all.

      With a strained breath, I caught whatever it was in my throat and with a heavy and wet cough, got it all over my workstation. Gasping, finally able to breathe I wiped my mouth and looked at just what I had coughed up. That's... My stars, that's a lot of blood.

           And just like that, the world went black.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

840 65 21
|Book 1 of the Spirit Trilogy| Serena's life is about as normal as it gets - for an Alkanine at least - aside from her, slightly patriotic mother and...
16 8 4
As I hold the book in my hands, I can't help but reflect on my reluctance to sad stories. It's not just about avoiding pain; it's about holding onto...
227 30 21
Growing up as an apprentice healer in the castle, Ilia loved listening to the stories the knight-mages told. Tales of valour and glory, adventures in...
205K 11.7K 51
Yet again Darkness is hungry for a war to end it all, but Light will always have troops at the ready. One girl. One kingdom. Eleven friends. Four Ele...