Redefining Love

By olamijibanks

Love has always been something technical and we have always defined it in a way; romantic, fun, happy... But... More

Copyright Β©
PROLOUGE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

Chapter Four

75 15 0
By olamijibanks

Getting up from bed was a hassle these days and, I always felt tired. I turned on my speaker, reducing the volume so as not to disturb the others in the hotel.

After soaking myself in the bath and dressing up. I did a light makeup, arranged my room a little and switched off the speaker. I had little to no paperwork left, Ada had helped a lot during her visits so I decided to take a break today.

"Good morning ma." Tessa, the receptionist greeted me as I alighted from the elevator.

"Good morning Tessa, any difficulties?" I ask her.

"No ma."

"Okay, good. If my attention is needed, I'll be at the restaurant." I said as I moved out to the restaurant area of the hotel.

"Good morning ma." Some other staffs greeted me as I walked past them mumbling a good morning in return.

"Tunde." I call on one of the waiters which I personally liked because he was jovial and good at his job as I took a seat.

"Morning ma, what would you like to have?" He asked as I finally settled into the chair comfortably, my baby bump fully showing under my flare top.

"Morning Tunde, get me a plate of fried rice, coslaw and fried fish with a bottle of water that's not cold." I said.

"Okay ma, I'll be right back." He said. I started scrolling through my Instagram page and I'd just finish commenting on a picture when I noticed a shadow in front of me.

I looked up to see a man in front of me. "Hello." He flashed me a smile.

"Hi." I replied.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked referring to the seat opposite mine.

"No."

"Okay, thank you. I'm Victor and you are?" He introduced himself.

"Kemi, nice to meet you." I replied, turning my attention back to my phone as Tunde appeared with my meal.

"Thank you, Tunde." I said as he placed my order on the table.

"Wow, isn't that a lot for a lady?" Victor asked.

I looked up at him, I must agree he's such a fine man but then it's none of my business.

"Well, I and my baby eat a lot." I said gently, patting my baby bump.

"Ooh wow, Congrats." His eye widens a bit as he noticed I was pregnant.

"Thank you." I replied.

"So, what do you do?" He asked after a long silence, making small talk.

"Hmmm, I'm an hotel manager." I said randomly.

"Ooh really, is it this one?" He asked.

"Yeah. So, tell me. What do you do?" I asked, enjoying the company.

"I'm a businessman, I deal cars." He replied smoothly.

"Ooh really, thats great. I have been planning to change my car, perhaps you could suggest some new nice ones." I replied as I finish eating.

"I could help, here's my card. Contact me when you are ready." He handed me his card.

"Okay." I said.

"Make sure you do." He added once again.

"Sure, I will. It was nice meeting you." I smiled as I stood up.

"Same here, see you around."

"Miss Ada, Mr Adebayo wants to see you." Mrs William popped her head into my office after a knock on the door.

"Thank you." I said shaking my head, that woman doesn't know how to use the landline, she's always popping in unless she feels extremely tired.

"Sir." I greeted as I entered into his office.

"Ooh, Miss Ada you are here. So, this is Mr Daniel. He's the manager of Achievers group of company." He said, bringing my attention to the man sitting on the chair opposite him.

"Good morning sir." I acknowledged.

"Good morning beautiful." He replied in a low, cocky voice that irritated me all of a sudden. I could tell I wasn't going to like him.

"Sit down." Mr Adebayo said. I nodded and made my self comfortable. All through the meeting, I could feel Mr Daniel's gaze on my body, checking me out and it was very annoying.

"I'd advise that if you are here to eye rape my employees then you better get out." Someone snapped just as I was about to lose it myself.

I turned around to come face to face with David Kingsley, the current acting CEO and the son of the owner of Dragmat. I caught a full glimpse of him as he stared down at Mr Daniel, he was more handsome than he was been rumoured to be.

He was dark, his skin colour a light brown and his arresting eyes were cold and determined. His mouth was wide, it was thinned now in irritation, but I imagine when relaxed would be full and sensuous. He was putting on a black suit that made him look both edible and intimidating at the same time.

"Take a picture, it would last longer." He broke my train of thought.

"Wait, what?!" I gasped as I came back to my senses to see him already seated on the office desk, looking at me. I looked around for Mr Adebayo and Mr Daniel who was nowhere to be found.

"I believe you owe me a thank you Miss Ada." He said, both hands in his pocket.

"Thank you, sir. I'd like to take my leave now." I said, walking out.

"Okay." He replied.

"Have a nice day sir." I muttered.

"You too, till we meet again." He joked behind me as I closed the door.

It's been almost two weeks since my little incident with David Kingsley, I thankfully didn't run into him again. I woke up in a pretty good mood since it's Friday hence, dressing up in a casual knee length jumpsuit I owned, a 3-inch heel paired off with my well-done hair and makeup alongside my LV purse.

"Good morning." I greeted Mrs William as I walked past her.

"Good morning, I hope you haven't forgotten about the get together?" She asked as I halt to reply her.

"Hmmm?" I asked confused.

"The get together at the Club later for the celebration of The brothers project." She reminded me.

"Oh, I see you are dressed the part huh." I teased her.

"Whatever." She replied with a smile on her face.

"Anyways, you have a board meeting with Mr Adebayo and Mr Collins by 12.00pm. I will send your schedule to you now, check your email." She said turning her attention back to her desktop.

"Okay, thanks." I said as I hurried to my office. I dropped my bag on the table, switched on my system as I glanced through my presentation and go through my schedule. Once I was sure my schedule wasn't so bad, I started working on one of my unfinished projects.

My schedule remainder beeped, jolting me out of my reverie as I stood up to get ready for my meeting. I picked up my laptop, phone and a very light document as I made my way to the board room.

Fortunately for me, Mr Adebayo, Mr Collin and his partner who was our client arrived just on time and I started.

"A business always need a plan, no matter how small or how big. The plan gives it the structure it needs as a business..." The deal was sealed immediately after Mr Collin and his partner heard my pitch, we shook hands over it and Mr Adebayo congratulated me on a job well done as they left me in the meeting room. I had just finish picking up my phone, laptop and the documents when I looked up.

I was startled to see David Kingsley in front of me again. My tongue went momentarily dry as I thought of what to say.

"Good afternoon sir." I said, gulping nervously.

"Afternoon. That was a nice presentation." He complimented.

"Ooh, thank you sir. How long have you been here?" I ask, suddenly curious.

"Since you have started." He replied.

"Okay sir, I should go." I said as I tried to leave but he blocked my path.

"Only if you promise that I'll get to see you again." He said.

"Of course, we work in the same building sir." I replied.

"Outside office." He added

"Sir?" I ask, shocked.

"You can only leave if you promise that I'll get to see you again outside office." He said, going over his words slowly so I could understand.

I stared at him for a while shocked before nodding. Okay sir."

"Its a date then. I'll send you the address." He said as I nodded, itching to escape the room as fast as possible.

"Damn, she's cute." I heard him say to himself as I walk out.

"That definitely wasn't for my ears." I muttered but blushed anyways.

"Oh God, what's wrong with me." I groaned, as I closed my office door behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 1.8K 33
FULL NOVEL IS NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BRBPK94/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_0PFV97R6JG720ZV9TMX0 Temi is a single mother of on...
2.6K 69 6
Two Co-workers find in love each other
18.9K 1.7K 20
It was a night before Emeka's 40th birthday. The couple cuddled in a romantic moment in their bedroom with no reservation to their expression of lov...
36K 6.4K 66
𝕬 π•Ύπ–Šπ––π–šπ–Šπ–‘ 𝕿𝖔 π•­π–”π–šπ–“π–‰ π•­π–ž 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉. β€’ She is Mufida. He is Haidar. They are both yearning for love. She loves him, but with her past al...