Infinity| Billy Hargrove [2]

By tvdxst

Emmie Gilbert thought this would be the summer of a lifetime, that is, until her boyfriend, Billy Hargrove, b... More

CAST
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINA DOBREV!
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
NOT AN UPDATE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
HELP ME OUT!!
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
SEQUEL

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

2.3K 53 7
By tvdxst

THREE MONTHS LATER

"Are you gonna go?" Steve asks, throwing on his vest, "I have to pick up Robin either way."

My eyes trail over to Steve as I lay on his bed, "Yeah. I'm going."

"Great!" Steve smiles, "Come on, then."

I groan as I lift myself off the soft cushion of Steve's bed, following him out to his car.

"Sucks that I can't be there." Steve sighs, "But, tell them all I said bye."

"Yeah, I definitely will." I obviously lie, looking out the window.

"What! Why not?" Steve turns to me, glaring.

"I said I will!" I argue playfully.

"You're clearly lying!" Steve accuses.

"I'd never!" I deny.

"You are the worst liar in history." Steve claims.

"Just drive." I order, chuckling.

Steve starts the engine of his car, driving off. We arrive at Robin's house a short ride later, and she climbs into the backseat, "Hey Em, hey doofus."

Steve rolls his eyes, "You ready, Robin?"

"Of course, I'll persuade Keith to let us work there like this." She snaps her fingers, and a faint smile appears on my face.

"Do you need me to pick you up after?" Steve questions.

"No, I'll be fine." I shake my head, my hands moving up to clutch the Saint Christopher necklace that hung around my neck, "I'll just go with Nancy."

Steve looks down at his lap, before going back to the road, "Okay."

Steve drops me off at the Byers residence, and my eyes were already watering when I saw the moving truck, and the boxes that were scattered across the lawn.

"Emmie, you came." Joyce greets, pulling me in for a hug.

As I pull away, I smile, "I sure did."

Joyce runs her hands up and down my arms, frowning, "I know this must be hard for you, with what happened to B-"

"Mom! A little help here!" Jonathan shouts, him and Nancy hauling a heavy bureau.

"Oh! Coming!" Joyce calls, stepping around the boxes and grunting as the group puts the bureau into the truck.

I smile at Jonathan and Nancy in greeting, making my way through the almost empty house and to a room that held Lucas, Dustin, and Max.

"Hey, Em." Lucas waves, helping Max to close a box.

"Hey, kiddo's." I sit on the wooden floor, folding the top of a few boxes.

"Of course you're late," Dustin mutters, "You just never want to help."

I stick up my middle finger, and Max and Lucas laugh as Dustin grumbles.

"So, how's Suzie?" Max asks with a smirk.

"She's great actually-oh, you don't really care." Dustin rolls his eyes.

"What do you mean?" Lucas chimes in, "We love Suzie."

I snort as I tape a box closed.

"No you don't," Dustin accuses, "Just be quiet."

"You know what Max?" Lucas asks.

"What, Lucas?" Max questions with a cheeky grin.

"I especially liked it when they sang that song." Lucas sniggered.

"What song? The song that went like this..." Max began to sing 'Never Ending Story', and Lucas joined in.

I groaned, swinging my head around before Max asks Dustin, "Wait, did we get that verse right? It's 'unfold behind the clouds'?"

"Yeah, but you're butchering it, so could you please stop." Dustin complains.

"So then join in, Dusty-bun." Lucas teases, blowing 'Dusty-bun' an air kiss.

"Yeah, come on, Dusty-bun. Why don't you join us?" Max mocks.

"You guys are so funny, you should be on Carson." Dustin says, no amusement evident in his tone.

"Can't we just hear your rendition?" Max pleads.

"No." Dustin denies.

"Please? Just one verse?" Max begs.

"No. No way. It's reserved for Suzie's ears and Suzie's ears alone." Dustin states.

"Emmie, join in now!" Lucas shouts, before Max and Lucas hop into song.

"You know what..?" I trail, smirking at Dustin.

"Turn around, look at what you see, in their face, the mirror of your dreams..."

As we continue on, Dustin waves his hand around, showcasing his middle finger like I had earlier, "Shut up, you guys."

That makes me smile wider, as I sing louder, "Rhymes that keep their secrets, will unfold behind the clouds,"

"Stop! You guys, please, shut up!" Dustin scolds.

|

As Jonathan packs the last box into the truck, he bites his lip in order to stop himself from crying.

I smile, tears springing to my eyes as I envelope Jonathan into a hug. Everyone was teary-eyed as they embraced, saying their goodbyes.

Joyce waited off to the side, wiping her eyes to get rid of the tears, while I had streaks of the clear liquid running down my face.

I walk over to her, wrapping her in a hug, we both sniffled as I dig my face into the crook of her neck, trying to control my breathing.

"Billy loved you, you know," Joyce begins, her voice cracking, "and I bet he's happy you are doing so well, after what happened I thought I would be a lot more wrecked too," Joyce pulls away, looking into my eyes, "Don't let this loss wreck your life, because I know he would want you to keep fighting."

I wipe my cheeks clear of the tears, nodding my head in understanding.

I pull Will in for one last hug, trying to comfort him as he shed the most tears, "Love you, Will."

"I love you too, Em." He sobs.

"Don't you forget about me now." I cry.

"I would never." Will laughs, tears still leaking from his eyes.

Will and Jonathan load into Jonathan's car as Eleven and Joyce load into the moving truck, both of them driving away as the rest of us stood silently, watching. I sling my arm around Dustin's shoulders, pulling him in for a side hug before I leave with Nancy.

"Well, this summer was a bust." Nancy jokes, trying to lighten the mood.

"Sure was," I joke along, "But now I know."

"Know what?" Nancy asks, glancing at me before her eyes go back to the road.

"One summer can change everything."

A/N: I HAD TO READ THROUGH HOPPER'S LETTER AND THAT GOT ME CRYING IN THE CLUB😭 ANYWAYS, THATS BOOK 2 FINISHED! I'LL UPDATE YOU ALL WHEN BOOK 3 IS POSTED!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

473K 10.7K 34
'I live in a man's world, and it's hard to thrive in a world that isn't designed for you' 'She's...too good for someone like me' (Steve Harrington x...
653K 14.3K 52
'He gazed into her teary eyes, she ran her thumb over his bruising cheek. Smoke blew through their lips, mingling in their air. She couldn't stand to...
4M 104K 42
"Two damaged people trying to heal each other is love." He mumbled. In which a boy that came from an abusive home fell in love with a girl who felt l...
5.7K 292 22
mikalah carver (or preferably, mikah byers) was raised in a lab where he became 'two' where the experimentation only heightened mikah's developed wer...