Lost Control- Dramione Fanfic...

By jassyinthestars

"Tut, Tut Granger, that's Mr Malfoy to you." Hermione couldn't handle the fame that came with being apart of... More

2. Old Habits
3. Unplanned Plans
4. The Principal's Office
5. Marked
6. Promises
7. Returning the Favour
8. As Expected
9. Unexpected Visitor
10. First Date
11. The Invitation
12. The Disastrous Dinner Party
13. The Best Surprise
14. Unfixable Mistakes
15. A Year On
16. The Trial
17. Reunion
18. Wasted Chances
19. Deals with the Devil
20. Unwanted Surprises
21. Second Chances
22. Second First Date
23. Fraternising With the Enemy
24. New Plans
25. Confessions
26. Taking Sides
27. Ancient Magic
28. Change of Plans
29. Double Date
30. Heartbreak
31. Uncomfortable Confrontations
32. The Accident
33. Damaged
34. Facing Fears
35. Reconciliation
36. Falling Back Into Place
37. Reunited
38. Facing the Real Threat
39. Time for a Re-do
40. Strangest Turn of Events
41. Narcissa Speaks
42. Written in the Past
43. Memories
44. Eternal Promises
45. 15 Years Later- Part One
46. 15 Years Later- Part Two

1. New Beginnings

24.3K 391 58
By jassyinthestars

Hermione took a deep breath as she stood just outside the grand glass doors of her new workplace. She tugged at her knee length pencil skirt and fiddled with the buttons on the cuffs of her jacket before pushing open the heavy door.

"Good morning Ms Granger." The pretty blonde receptionist stood up and walk around her desk to shake her hand. Hermione had met her during her interview, so she welcomed the familiar face.

Hermione smiled back as the receptionist continued, "My name is Rose. Let me show you to your office." She followed Rose up an elevator and through a corridor, peeking in through the glass windows at the Muggles working; typing reports, yelling through phone lines, exceptionally ordinary things.

Hermione struggled to keep up with Rose, the sound of her high heels clicked against the shiny marble floor as she strutted purposely down the corridor. She stopped suddenly at a door on her right and indicated for Hermione to enter. Smiling politely, she said "Your office, Ms Granger. Everything you should need to get started. Mr M will be sent through a copy of your work every afternoon, so please, be sure to have everything done. Late assignments are something he does not tolerate."

She flashed Hermione one more smile before closing the door behind her. Hermione sat down in her chair listening to Rose's echoing heels fade back down the corridor.

Mr. M. She mused, thinking of her new Muggle boss. Even during her interviews, they warned her of his high expectations and very short temper. Can't be too scary, just another Muggle she thought, settling back into her chair and beginning to work through the pile of files almost as tall as the desk itself.

The war had been won five years ago, but Hermione never, truly felt safe. Even with Professor McGonagall as the new Headmistress of Hogwarts and Kingsley Shacklebolt at the helm of the Ministry of Magic she just couldn't shake off the awful memories. So, one day, she packed her things, said a fleeting goodbye to her best friends and headed, with no magic, straight to London where she was hired, almost on the spot, for an office job at a prominent Muggle bank.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 377 39
When Hermione finds out she's a Zabini her life turns upside down, soon her past comes to haunt her and she's suddenly surrounded by secrets. What ha...
24.6K 679 26
Draco Malfoy goes through a traumatic event after believing that he finally can get his "happy" ending. Instead, all he gets is pain and suffering fo...
518K 14.3K 34
He wants to change. Returning to his school to redo his final year, only to be with the girl he's been crushing on. The only thing he wants to know i...
266K 5.4K 22
Mudblood. Draco Malfoy is all too familiar with the word. It slips off his tongue easily and he's never once regretted it. Until his fifth year at Ho...