Arlo's Birthday!

By Suchfunwow

It's Arlo's birthday... and he has invited everyone in the school to his big party! But it turns out to not b... More

Part 1: The Arrivals
Part 2: The Conversation
Part 3: The Standoff
Part 4: Side Story 1
Part 5: Side Story 2
Part 6: Step One
Part 7: Attempt
Part 8: The Meetup
Part 9: Questions
Part 10: Visions
Part 11: Claire
Part 12: Security
Part 13: Dispute
Part 14: Thoughts
Part 15: ShiP dAy
Part 16: Suspicion
Part 17: Anya
Sketchy Story
Part 19: X-Rei
Part 20: New Superhero?
Part 21: The Search
X-Rei and Beamshot: Part 22
Part 23: Revealed?
Part 24: Find Him
Part 25: Not as it seems?
Part 26: Realization
Part 27: Planning
Part 28: Let's Go
Part 29: Secrets
Part 30: A Lead
Part 31: Now We Know
Recap
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36

Part 18: Freshman

963 23 16
By Suchfunwow

Anya tied her ribbon around her collar tightly, and pulled on her jacket. She didn't bother to put on her vest though, and she walked out the door of her room with a binder Arlo had given her. She checked her phone to see that it was 8:03, and ran out to meet Arlo. He was standing outside the girl's dormitories, and he glared at her.

Arlo: You're late.

Anya: Well... sorry. 

Arlo sighed and looked at her schedule to guide her to her classes. They walked side by side in the hall, getting some strange looks.

Who's that girl?

Why is she with Arlo?

Is she his girlfriend

Anya whipped around to face a purple haired boy and glared at him.

Anya: You know, it's not nice to assume things. 

He blinked, and stuttered an apology, scuttering away. 

Who does she think she is, acting so high and mighty?

Arlo sighed, and looked around at everyone. 

Arlo: So... this is my cousin Anya. I hope you all welcome her.

People around them nodded, and Arlo turned back to Anya, satisfied. 

Arlo: Your next class is here. 

Anya nodded, and opened the classroom door. Students turned to look at her, and murmured. She sat down at an open desk, and the bell rang. The teacher walked in, then looked at Anya. 

Teacher: Hello everyone, we have a new student. Come up and introduce yourself. 

Anya stood up and nodded.

Anya: My name is Anya, and I am from New York. I hope to become friends with you all!

Everyone clapped, and Anya sat back down. Right then, another girl dashed through the door, then looked at Anya. 

Girl: I want your seat. Get out. 

Anya looked up at her. Her hair was a pure white color, with her eyes blue. Anya stayed in the seat, unmoving. The girl muttered something, then activated her ability. 

Girl: I'm Julie, the highest ranking student in this year. Get out, or you'll be hurt. 

Anya rolled her eyes, then activated her ability too. She stood up to face Julie. 

Anya: I'd like to see you try. 

Julie blinked, then grabbed Anya's collar. Anya was about to punch her, when the teacher yelled at them.

Teacher: Julie, Anya was there first! Sit down now you two!

Anya and Julie both sat down, glaring at each other. Anya decided to boil away her anger by doing classwork when Julie gave her a note. Anya wondered if she was going to threaten her. Instead, there was an apology written on it.

______________

I'm really sorry, just had a bad morning. Forgive me pls!

Julie

______________

Anya looked at Julie, who looked back. Julie gave a small smile, and Anya smiled back. Julie... she was different. She seemed much nicer than those people who were talking about her and Arlo...

*Bring*

The bell rang, and Anya started to head out the door, when Julie grabbed her wrist. 

Julie: Hey... I just saw your schedule and you have the same class as me next! We can go together!

Anya smiled, and nodded. They walked together, talking about classes and about how living in Wellston was like so far. Anya felt someone tap her shoulder, and she turned around to face Zeke.

Zeke: Hey new girl... I heard you're Arlo's cousin?

Anya looked at him without fear, and Julie looked at Anya.

Julie: You're Arlo's cousin??

Anya sighed and nodded. She didn't want people to obsess over Arlo and make him uncomfortable with too much attention.

Julie: If I'd actually fought you, I'd have died!!!

Anya rolled her eyes in a playful way when Zeke spoke again. 

Zeke: Well, I'd like to ask you to fight. 

Julie gasped, and Anya blinked. The first day of school, and she was getting into fights already. She was not going to do this today. 

Anya: Sorry, but maybe later. Bye.

She whipped around and started to walk when she felt someone dash behind her, toward her. Her ability activated instinctively, and she changed her back into steel when Zeke's fist slammed against her. 

Zeke: Augh!

Anya whipped around to see Zeke holding his sore hand. Anya made her arm into steel and slammed her fist on Zeke's face. He spun in midair twice before landing on the ground. Anya deactivated her ability, then grabbed her binder and left with Julie trailing behind her, incredulous. 

Julie: What the heck?! You just beat Zeke so quickly, and he's a elite tier! You must be one too, or maybe even a high tier! I'm only a 3.4!

Anya shrugged. She'd worked hard and researched many ways to train her ability. It hadn't just come for free. But it couldn't hurt to help Julie train. 

Anya: You know, I could help you train. I'm pretty good at it. 

Julie's eyes lit up, and she nodded furiously. 

Julie: My dream is to become a royal. Since you're stronger than me, I can become Jack one day! Anyway, my ability is called Ice. 

Anya nodded, and they both walked throughout the school with each other when John saw Anya. 

Is she Arlo's cousin?

John stood, looking at her when he saw Zeke on the ground. He walked up to him, and looked at him in the face. Zeke was unconscious, face bruised. John almost laughed. Zeke deserved this. John looked back at Anya. 

I wonder if she likes hierarchy just like Arlo. But if she doesn't, maybe she can help me. 

He looked at her till she disappeared up the stairs.

***********

Isen sat at the head table of the newspaper club, and waited for people to ask him to publish something when Terrace came up to him. 

Terrace: I saw... something today. Please read this. 

He handed him his article and proof. Isen held it up to read it when Terrace poked his wrist.

Terrace(whispering): In private please. 

Isen looked at Terrace, then put the article and proof inside a folder. He'd read it later if Terrace really wanted him to. 

*time skip*

Isen opened the article and read it. Very well written, but the problem was it simply wasn't true. Skrev being Joker? John was Joker. But maybe this could boil down John's anger? Why was John so angry anyway? Nevertheless, John wanted his identity secret, so this could mask him. But he needed Arlo's permission for this. 

*boop boop* *bringg* *click*

Arlo: Yes, Isen?

Isen: Someone wrote an article that Skrev was Joker. Should I publish-

Arlo: Yes. 

Isen: Oh... ok then! Thank you!

*click*

Isen held his phone. Why did Arlo want this to be published? 

********** 

Remi had been practicing her ability so much, but it seemed that it was capped at 6. This was the strongest she'd ever be. She was being greedy, wanting to be even stronger.  Could she become stronger? 

She sighed as she sat down in a booth at Woaba Boba to rest. 

BREAKING NEWS

EMBER STRIKES AGAIN

SUPERHERO VENOM FOUND DEAD IN AN ALLEY NEAR WELLSTON

EMBER... wasn't that the reason she was becoming powerful? To get revenge? And those power dampening drugs and the amplifying ones.

Amplification drugs...

Remi stopped short. Why hadn't she realized it before?

EMBER.

Was Claire part of EMBER?

Remi had fallen in her trap. She had taken the freaking amplification drug as if it was a gift. Technically it was, but the thing was a trap. It had to be. Who else had these drugs? Was she trying to recruit her into EMBER? Maybe Volcan was trying to make her come for more of these drugs. 

But she now had a lead. Claire was a part of EMBER.

She was going to bring EMBER back to her. She was going to defeat EMBER once and for all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 80 44
3 years after unordinary: Hidden, John and Seraphina are getting married, Blyke proposes to Remi and Emerson and Fiore are a known vigilante team. Lo...
14.7K 331 17
(Y/N), after hours of studying, finally got into Wellston Private Highschool. He wasn't all that overjoyed, he knew this place would be the same as i...
65.3K 2.5K 52
John has once again found himself King. How long will it be before the events of New Bostin repeat? He has already lost Sera, and the students are tu...
50K 1.6K 23
Taking his fathers words to heart, John Doe returns to Wellston with the intention of expelling himself from the hierarchy; attempting to turn over a...