I see through you - A Choni S...

Od fantasiesandstories

After the closing of Southside High, Toni Topaz starts at her new school Riverdale High. A certain redhead na... Více

1 - New School
2 - A crush is born
3 - Sparks and pain
4 - Sapphic Serpent
5 - A Beronica Story
6 - Big Brother
7 - A night to remember
8 - First and second kisses
9 - Never have I ever
10 - Friends
11 - Reflection
12 - Earth shattering
13 - Shoulder to cry on
14 - Double date
15 - Trouble awaiting
16 - Trouble arrived
17 - Evidence
19 - Radio
20 - USB
21 - Home
22 - My father
23 - F*ck their opinions
24 - Bars
25 - Vanilla milkshake
26 - The music room
27 - Wrong kisses
28 - Whispers
29 - The boy's change room
30 - The principal
31 - Comfort
32 - Last night

18 - Through the walls

1.3K 35 7
Od fantasiesandstories

Toni's pov

"Those are my fingerprints?" Toni brought Veronica's phone up to her eyes.

"All over the gun," Veronica took her phone back.

"Someone really wants you gone," Jughead stated "I mean to go to such an extent, whoever framed you, they truly are dedicated to making you appear guilty,"

"I just wished Cheryl was here, she'd make me feel so much more comforted," Toni groaned.

"It's adorable how you miss Cheryl, she probably misses you so badly right now, you two are perfect for each other," Veronica said, placing her hand on her chest.

"I sure hope she feels that way too," Toni sat back down on the bench.

"Trust me, she does, I've known Cheryl long enough to know when she has her eye on someone," Veronica comforted the serpent who returned a grin.

All four of them turned their attention towards the door as they heard heels clicking on the floor. There Cheryl was, standing in the doorway elegant as always. Having spent all night in a cell, Toni could only imagine how filthy and sleep-deprived she must have appeared.

"Toni!" the redhead squealed in joy.

"Cheryl, you're here!" The Serpent smiled back.

"I'm so sorry they locked up in this insufferable hell all night," she embraced Toni's hand through the bars.

"I'm better now that you're here," she gave a warm smile to the redhead.

"We're going to leave now, ya know, to give you two some time to talk," Veronica walked out of the room with Sweetpea and Jughead.

Toni got a good look at Cheryl's face, her skin seemed quite blotched. She knew that she'd often apply full-face makeup, but Toni couldn't help but think she was covering something on her face. She didn't want to complain, but Toni wondered what took Cheryl so long to get to the station, she missed her company all night.

"I don't mean to sound ungrateful that you came, but why did it take you so long to get here?" Toni wondered as Cheryl kept her tight affectionate grip "Was it because you didn't get that news earlier," she tried to rationalize the situation.

"I would undoubtedly brake into a police station just to see you," Cheryl said, looking down "however, that would mean I'd have to get past my spiteful parents, which we are both aware that that is riskier than escaping Alcatraz,"

Right, her physically and emotionally abusive parents, that would answer both of my questions

"What lowlife would frame you of such a crime,"

"I don't know yet. But what I do know is that I'll make them wish they never messed with me," Toni made a promise to herself.

"Don't worry," the redhead pulled the Serpent's arm closer "I'll make sure they wish they hadn't ever been born," she whispered softly.

That side of Cheryl came out again, the side of her that was fierce, aggressive and protective. That side didn't put up with other's crap towards someone she cared. In this case and when it came out at Pop's, she was protecting Toni. She wondered if Cheryl has ever been like this before for someone else, probably Jason, maybe Heather.

"But first, we need to know who did it," Toni established as Cheryl released her grip.

"It's unbelievable how incredibly convincing the evidence that they forged is," Cheryl crosses her arms.

"They had to have been close enough to steal my fingerprints,"

"Which now that I've thought about it, it actually isn't as challenging as you'd initially think, they just need something you've touched,"

"Then it could literally be anyone that I've borrowed something from," Toni sighed.

"Don't lose hope, we'll find the vile bastard and bring him to justice," Cheryl reassured "I won't rest until you're proven innocent,"

Cheryl pov

Cheryl slowly unlocked Thorn Hill's large door making as little noise as she possibly could. She headed towards her kitchen, passing the living room, the family room and the recreation room. Once again, her parents were arguing aggressively. That time, the tiresome yelling came from the family room. She heard their voices shouting at each other through the walls.

"... she will believe once she sees the evidence..." her father's muffled words passed through the wall.

"... But why Jason..." Cheryl recognized her mother's faint voice.

Evidence? Jason? I guess they're arguing about the newer article. But what is there to disagree about, the authorities found some obviously fake evidence against Toni, nothing much to discuss. And who's "she" and why do they want her to believe

Her parents were arguing about a familiar topic the previous night, right before she entered the room and her parents punished her. She was curious to know what was so conflicting about Jason's murder. The redhead gently pressed the side of her head against the wall to hear their conversation clearly.

"I barely involved our son in this mess," Clifford opposed to his wife.

Did he just say "involved"? If they're talking about the article, does he mean that he involved Jason into Toni getting arrested?

Cheryl thought of the possibility that her father was the one behind Toni being framed. She wasn't too surprised, it wouldn't be the first time her parents got rid of a forbidding lover using such methods.

"Why would you even use Jason's death to get rid of the Serpent? There a plethora of other options to dispose of that problem, " Penelope said, her voice cracking. Cheryl could hear that she was teary in her voice, she had nearly forgotten that her parents still had emotions. The very last drop of empathy remained in her mother for her brother Jason.

"I'm getting rid of the serpent, aren't I?" her father said in a stern tone. Cheryl was used to her father speaking towards her in an intimidating manner, he has been doing so for years. But he would never speak to her mother that way, at least, she never noticed it before.

There was a long pause after that. Cheryl couldn't tell what was happening on the other side of the wall. Her suspicion grew in each agonizing second as she waited impatiently for a response.

"You're keeping something from me, something about Jason," her mother came to the realization.

"I don't have time for this Penelope," her father's voice approached the door.

Cheryl quickly backed away from the wall, nearly tripping on the edge of one of the many rugs placed on the wooden floor. She stood in the hallway, attempting to appear nonchalant as her father walked out of the family room with her mother behind him.

"Cheryl, you've returned. You weren't listening to our discussion just now, we're you?" Clifford stared her down.

The redhead was lost with the conversation she heard from her parents. She needed answers immediately, she wanted many gaps to be filled and the quickest way to do so was to ask the obvious question.

"Father, who do you think framed Toni?" she stared back at her father.

"Frame? Cheryl don't be absurd, the cold-blooded viper killed your brother without a second thought, nothing more than what's in front of your eyes," her father said with a straight face.

"I'd beg to differ. In fact, if you asked me, I'd say you had something to do with getting Toni arrested," Cheryl grinded her teeth.

"Foolish little girl, you are beginning to sound mad. What would drive you to make such accusations," he shouted harshly "you saw the evidence with your very own eyes, there's nothing below the surface,"

Her father never showed to have much temper. Cheryl noticed his face turning red with outrage and his fist clenching, both signs that he wanted to take out his frustration on someone around him. Cheryl could still feel the pain and swelling from the night before, she aimed to avoid a hospital visit that day and got herself out of that situation as soon as she picked up the hints.

"You know, you're right, I'm just a bit tired. I think I'll be heading to my room now," Cheryl said, looking down.

Cheryl walked away from her parents, not looking back and avoiding eye contact. She walked up the staircase and waltzed to her bedroom. The redhead laid on her bed, contemplating everything that had just happened.

She had no doubts that her parents definitely framed Toni. She had to prove her innocence before she would be taken away. If it got to that extreme, bailing her would be a whole entire process involving court, lawyers and putting the Serpent through all the torture. The best way of proving someone's innocence is to find proof, which shouldn't be too difficult, right?

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

87.7K 3.1K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
99.8K 3K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
192K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
450K 30.7K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...