The Scars That Haunt Me

By anigirl596

What if Harry wasn't the golden boy everyone thought? What if his world of Hogwarts changes forever? Harry Po... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41

Chapter 40

13.6K 482 540
By anigirl596

Harry's POV

We're on our way back to Hogwarts. Word of what happened has yet reached the prophet and Dumbledore has not been reinstated as headmaster yet as we know of.

This troubles me.

Umbridge knows that we have left school and broken several school rules. She's not going to take it easy on us.

I don't even think she cares that the minister has contacted her letting her know Voldemort really has returned.

She's probably working for him for all we know.

When we got to school, of course the first thing we would face is the devil herself.

"Using the floo system to leave school campus." She said with a sickly smile and tapping her foot. "Since you seem so determined to leave this school, I will personally guarantee that you can never step foot in this school again." She said.

Right. Like that will actually happen.

"Follow me." We all followed her into Hogwarts, ready for some unruly punishment in her office before Dumbledore will be back.

I think he'll be here later this afternoon once the ministry has sorted through some things.

As we walked down the hall, we couldn't help noticing that something seemed off.

Everyone in the school seemed to be out in the hallways, dead silent, staring at us as we go.

No one looked at us in disbelief, or disgust, or even hate. It was guilty, fear stricken eyes that seemed to only pierce me with the same, unsettling feeling.

"I'm sorry, Harry!" Someone shouted. I turned next to me to see a Gryffindor boy. I haven't really ever talked to him. He's a sixth year and I never really got to know him, but he is one of the boys that would hex me down the hallways. That much I knew.

"What?" I froze and stared wide eyed at him.

"For gossiping about you, not believing you, bullying you, and for just standing by when others bothered you. I'm sorry."

"I- it's alright, no hard feelings, I guess. You didn't really know." I replied, still utterly shocked at his sudden apology.

"What is going on in here?! Everyone, get to class!" Umbridge shouted.

"It's all over the daily prophet!" Neville shouted suddenly.

Everyone ignored Umbridge.

"What is?" Ron questioned.

"The fight you guys had at the ministry with Voldemort. Also an apology, stating you were right all along." Luna continued.

"Really? Already? I thought for sure they wouldn't have said anything until tomorrow." Hermione intervened.

"What is this nonsense?! Give me that!" She ripped a copy of the daily prophet out of a young girls hand.

She read it and her face grew incredibly pale.

"The ministry has lied to all of us!" Seamus yelled from beside Neville.

"How could they do that?! Especially about something so important!" Another student shouted.

"I hope they all get what they deserve for deceiving us like that! I'm sorry, Harry for not believing you!" A Ravenclaw girl shouted.

"We're all sorry, Harry. You were right and all of us were too afraid to admit that." Dean said.

"No. All of you! Back to your common rooms, immediately and any mention of this will have you expelled!"

"I don't think you have the power to do that now." Draco stated. "Dumbledore will be reinstated and you will be shunned, just like fudge is being now."

"We'll see about that!" She turned, ready to leave, but she couldn't as a wall of students formed around her.

"I think we all want a little revenge after what you've done to us." I said.

McGonagall came around the corner and froze in utter shock at the mass of students surrounding Umbridge.

At first I thought she was going to intervene, but instead she smiled and met my gaze before moving her finger to her lips in a shushing motion, and quickly walked off.

I guess we have her approval.

"None of you can do anything. I will have order! Don't you forget that while Dumbledore's gone I am still headmistress!"

"Not anymore." Everyone turned as Dumbledore came into view.

What's he doing here? He's not supposed to be here until later!

Not that I'm complaining, I'd really like to get rid of that disgusting pink thing.

"Dolores Umbridge. You are hereby removed from your duties as headmistress."

"You don't have the power to do that!"

"No, but this signed document from Fudge himself says differently." He pulls out a scroll and levitates it into Umbridge's hand, where she opened it and read it to herself.

From the grim look on her face we could tell Dumbledore was telling the truth.

"I will not stand for this! This school is a complete disaster and I will not have you ruin it!"

"You're the one who ruined it and now we're taking it back." I said.

Everyone agreed. The students of Hogwarts then pulled out their wands, and still knowing our boundaries, casted mild hexes at her that surely had her running off, only to have her followed by the mob, screaming in delight as they went.

"Well, that certainly went differently then I anticipated." Hermione claimed.

"Yes, well. I better make sure no one does anything rash. Last thing we want is to have to explain to the ministry how she ended up in such a demeanor." Dumbledore said and briskly walked off in the direction everyone ran off to.

"Looks like we don't have to deal with her anymore." Ron said.

"Yeah, and there's no way she's keeping her job at the ministry, not once parents and everyone else finds out what she's been up to." Draco said.

I walked over to him and intertwined our fingers. "At least now we don't have to worry about being expelled for being together."

He smiled lightly at me. "That's very true, but where am I supposed to go once school is over? I can't very well go home. And what about my mother?" Draco asked a little distressed.

"Oh, you know. It's not like I know of a secret hide out or anything." I replied cheekily.

He brightened up a bit. "You mean I could probably stay there?" He asked.

"And your mother too. Of course, as long as she promises not to tell anyone."

"She would never. I promise."

"Then it's a done deal." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him in for a kiss. He wrapped his arms around my waist and responded to the kiss fully.

"Oh, get a room!" Ron shouted playfully.

------------------------------

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry my updates have been inconsistent lately. I've been dealing with a lot with my health and I've been struggling to keep up with everything. I'm having surgery next month so I've kinda been stressing out about that since it is a major surgery. And I'm really just trying to get through the day with my health not doing so great. Hopefully things will be better after my surgery, but again that's not until next month. I don't have an exact date yet, but when I do, I'll let you know.

To be honest, this story is almost at it's end. I think I'll have one more chapter after this and it will be completed.

I know the last few chapters haven't been great, but it's mostly because I'm focusing more on my health and I haven't been able to give my full attention to this book. I'm so sorry about that, again. Anyways, I'm still continuing Curse of Pain, that story has a long way to go and I might be uploading a new book that's not Drarry, it's actually Tododeku. So if you're into BNHA then maybe you'd like to check that out once I have it uploaded.

Thank you so much for all the support! Writing this book has been an incredible journey that I hope all of you enjoyed as much as I did.

I'll talk to you all soon!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 194 22
•DRARRY STORY• ... -this story begins in 3rd year (The prisoner of Azkaban) 🐺🐀 ... Draco and Harry have hated one other since first year. But when...
6.4K 495 57
"Mr. Malfoy, where are you going? You just woke up from a great fall after all, I'm sure your friends can come here, instead of you going to them." W...
62.1K 3.2K 21
"You see, Mr Potter, you are currently inside a school of Witchcraft and Wizardry." "Yeah, as if!" ********** Harry Potter's life changes drastically...
11.8K 512 31
Harry Potter has always hated Draco Malfoy, and all of Hogwarts knows that, but what happens when Harry starts to see the blonde for more then just w...