Destiny is Served

By idet843

Kara is a struggling restaurant owner in the most famous city. Her father taught her everything he knew abou... More

Destiny is Served-Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Author's Note
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Author's Note-2
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue

Chapter 40

27.4K 685 37
By idet843

Chapter 40 

-Turmoil Breads Clarity

James Monroe stares at the two copies of the Will of Enzo Santino laying in front of him it’s clearly evident that Enzo left Santino’s Restaurant and the land surrounding it to Kara Marina Santino.      

Finishing off his second drink he gets up to pour himself another.  Running his finger through his thick grey head of hair his anger boils he keeps allowing Amelia to make such a fool of him but no more?  He wasn’t surprised to hear from Maxim how much she has interfered in his relationship with Alexandra Hurst.   

She destroys everything she touches including him if he lets her.  Amelia knows too much about his business but he has reached his limit.  Whenever she gets home tonight he’s decided he’s going to end their marriage. 

Braylin holds the door open for Kara she brushes past him walking inside his apartment.  She sets her purse on the hall table he sets his keys and cell phone next to her purse.  

Following her into the living room his gaze softens as he watches her reach behind her to rub her tense shoulders.  He wants to massage her tight muscles away but he’s not sure she will welcome his touch.  They didn’t talk much on the ride home from Santino’s.  He drove the Audi S8 while she mostly stared out the window each of them wrapped up in their own thoughts. 

“You want me to cook dinner.”  Her voice is calm holding his gaze.   

“Not if you don’t want to.  We can go out or order in something.”  His eyes are full of warmth in spite of her cool demeanor.  His mind isn’t focused on eating dinner she never gave him an answer to his question after they got interrupted by Mica at the restaurant.    

Kara takes off her shoes then looks up to find Braylin’s piercing eyes on her.    “I’ll get changed and cook us something.”   She avoids looking directly at him hurrying up the stairs.  He walks half way up the stairs behind her while looking up at her walk down the hallway out of his sight. 

She stops at her old bedroom not the room they shared last night he hears the lock of the bedroom door click she’s shutting him out.  Feeling like their relationship has taken three steps back he climbs the rest of the stairs passing her door going into his own room to change. 

Braylin showers and takes his time putting on a pair of comfortable jeans and a t-shirt.  Grabbing a comb running it through his already drying hair he can hear a door open and close.  She’s going back downstairs to cook their dinner. 

Sitting on the bed with his comb dangling from his hand he tries to think what is it he has to do to get her to let go of the emotional chains that keep her attached to Amelia.  He has to tread softly they are still mother and daughter and despite Amelia's abandonment of her Kara continues to feel a maternal bond toward Amelia she won’t admit.  

Going back down the stairs he turns on some soft music before going into the kitchen where he finds her cutting some vegetables. 

“Need any help?”  Eying her ruefully he tries to formulate what else to say to her.

Unable to completely compose herself Kara tries not to meet his gaze head on afraid of getting lost in those sad mostly blue depths of his. She loves seeing him in his immaculate well fitted suits as well as dressed casually in his ass hugging jeans like he is now.  The way he treats her fills that ache that’s been in her heart for so long.  She feels a sense of guilt being happy with him while her mother does so much destruction.   If  only she had tried to find her mother years ago and dealt with her maybe Amelia wouldn’t be in her life now causing so much pain and destruction.  

Gathering the vegetables together she lays them near the cutting board.  She pulls out a knife then changes her mind about handing it to Braylin she lays it on the cutting board between them to avoid them touching.

It doesn’t escape Braylin what she’s doing.  “How do you want these cut?”  His voice is dry as he picks up the knife starting to slice a cucumber for a salad the slices are too thick. 

“I want them sliced thin.”  She casually comments moving away from him getting two steaks seasoned she throws them on the hot indoor grill.

He continues to cut the cucumbers thick on purpose she stops him coming to stand next to him. “Please stop."   She says softly.  

“Show me what you want.”  The timbre of his voice combined with his questioning gaze holds a double meaning.

Braylin steps back allowing her to step in front of him.  Goosebumps rise on her skin she’s feeling so many emotions she can’t contain them all.   

Slicing the cucumbers thin she tries to concentrate on what she’s doing not wanting to cut herself.  After she finishes she reaches for a large bowl across the island.  He moves closer behind her brushing his member against her ass both reaching for the bowl their hands grab it at the same time.  He can feel her shudder before she hurries away from him.  Braylin can see she’s flustered.  He finishes cutting up everything she has laid out for him to slice.  Kara continually glances at him as she fixes their side dishes.  She’s not focused on the grill the steaks start really smoking.

Braylin rushes to the grill at the same time as Kara grabbing her by the waist he moves her out of the way of the hot grill.  Taking the tongs she’s picked up out of her hands he pulls the well done steaks from the grill she grabs a platter and has it ready standing next to him. 

“I’m sorry…there’s more in the freezer.  I’ll cook you another one medium rare.  It won’t take long.”  She turns to move away he reaches out for her she shrugs away out of his reach. 

His gaze meeting hers is filled with anger and arrogance.  “Don’t shrink away from me.  I can’t be in the same room with you and not touch you.  Tell me when dinner’s ready I’ll be in my office.”  He retorts walking out of the kitchen not waiting for her to give a response. 

Kara leans her back against the kitchen island after he leaves.  She can’t believe what she’s doing to them.  “I’m sorry.”  She whispers to the empty doorway.  Another pot on the stove starts to smoke, she’s burning the potatoes.  Hurrying to get the pan off the stove she throws it in the sink.  A timer goes off on the oven.  She grabs a hand towel to take the roasted green beans with mushrooms roasting on a cookie sheet pan out of the oven.  Kara gets the cookie sheet out but the towel catches on fire causing her to drop the pan and the burning towel.  The cookie sheet crashes to the floor, the towel lands on top of the stove near a lit burner sparking a flame. 

Braylin is in the living room having gone to the hallway to get his phone he’s checking his messages when he hears the crash and the smoke alarm going off.  Leaving his phone on the coffee table he rushes into the kitchen to find the vegetables scattered across the kitchen floor.  Kara has a serving fork in her hand trying to move the inflamed towel from the stove. 

Braylin reacts quickly taking the bowl from the counter containing the salad ingredients over to the stove he takes the fork from her to grab the burning towel throwing it in the salad bowl.  A glass sits nearby he fills it with water from the sink to pour in the bowl putting the fire out. 

Kara stands against the counter with a teary stunned look on her face shocked at what she’s done.  His kitchen is a mess.  The smoke alarm that was screeching stops.   

Turning around he finds her looking bewildered, shaking all over.  “I’m sorry.”  She apologizes just before running from the kitchen.  Braylin  stays behind to clean up most of the mess on the sticky messy floor. 

Leaving the kitchen he hurries up the stairs going to her bedroom entering without knocking.  He looks around for her in the bathroom and closet she’s not in her room.  He hurries down the hallway his heart pounding inside his chest.  Entering his room he’s praying that she’s there he had Millie move her things to his room earlier today while they were at the restaurant.    

He finds her taking her things out of the dresser drawer.  “What are you doing?”  He ask walking further into the room leaving the door cracked. 

“I’m moving my things, why did you have them moved in here Braylin?  I didn’t ask you to do this?”   

Walking over to her he takes a t-shirt out of her hand throwing it back in the drawer he moves her hands away slamming the drawer shut. 

“If I had waited on you to have your things moved it would never have happened.  I come home to you Kara, I want you in my bed at night.”  His holding of both of her wrist forces her to look at him.  

“You say that now, but you’ll change your mind.”  She emphatically holds his gaze. 

“Don’t project on me what you assume is going to happen.  I’m not going to make it easier for you to throw us away because you feel guilty about what your mother is doing?” Is his curt response. 

Shaking her head she twist her wrist out of his grasp.  “How do you know how I feel?  You don’t have to live with what she’s doing, you hate her I understand why but she is MY mother and I can’t change that.” 

“Baby, you don’t have to pay the price for what’s she’s doing.  Why are you making yourself some type of martyr for her?  Don’t play into her hands.  This is what she wants for you and me to unravel to fall apart.  I’m not going to give her that Kara.  I’m not letting go.”  He shakes his head. 

“Please Braylin….She’s trying to destroy you and your family.”   

Snaking his hands around her waist he pulls her against him.  She tries to steal herself against his warm embrace but it’s pointless her body knows where it wants to be. 

“What will destroy Amelia is if you and I stay together there’s no reason we shouldn’t be together unless the things you said to me were all lies.  Tell me you don’t want to be with me….say it Kara?”  He turns her around to face him she can’t look away from his beseeching eyes.  Her love for him is overflowing, she’s unable to hide it. 

A tear drops on his arm he bends his head toward hers their foreheads touching.  “I’m not going to abandon you. I’m going to be right here for you.  You never gave me an answer at the restaurant.  Give me an answer now?”  He nuzzles the side of her face burying his face in her neck.  She can feel his lips pressed against her flesh causing tingles down her spine.

“I…I…..”  Her arms skim pass his chest and over his shoulders to cling to his neck.  Her body trembles she feels like she’s falling apart, his arms tighten around her.   His lips lock onto hers slowly stroking his tongue against hers in a heated kiss. 

“Just hold on to me Kara.”  He whispers his mouth demanding another taste of hers.  She is unable to hold back her need for him.  Kissing him hard she presses her hot scantily clad body against his.

Lifting her off of her feet Braylin carries her to the bed while still kissing her passionately. Laying her on it he leans over her resting his body above hers his hands spread out on each side of her. 

“Give me your answer Kara, I’m not going through another day like today?"  His eyes hold all the love he has for her in them clearly letting her see it.   

The depths of what she sees in him surprises her.   Her father once told her she would find a man that would love her unconditionally she had to be ready to accept that kind of love and give her heart in return.   Having control of someone else’s heart is a big responsibility he explained to her, don’t ever toy with it you may never get a second chance to have that kind of love again.  

Grasping his head pulling his face toward hers she murmurs “I’m not letting go” just before devouring his lips wanting him needing him desperately.  Her self-constraints melt away.  Slowly they undress each other removing what little clothing they are wearing as they kiss and move each other toward the bed.  Kara gets a little rough pushing him hard causing him to fall on the bed she gazes at his naked body appreciatively with the look of a wanton seductress.  His face registers surprise but it only last for a second he grabs her by the hand pulling her into the bed to join him. 

The sweet exploration of  each other's body barely contains the fervor between them.  Whispered words of love floats between their cries of pleasure.  Demanding more from each other on a primitive level they become consumed unleashing their passion in an abundance of flesh gripping, hair pulling sweat inducing salaciousness.  He slides his arousal deep within her causing her to cry out.   His body thrust rhythmically against hers breaking in waves of orgasmic pleasure they climax together.  They fall asleep wrapped in each other’s arms without having had dinner. 

Its mid-evening, Braylin’s phone rings repeatedly.  Waking up with Kara lying partially on top of him he hears it and feels around on the nightstand for it then remembers it’s downstairs on the coffee table.  

“What time is it?”  She purrs against his naked body her hand slips between his legs cupping his member arousing him.  His hands move to the swell of her inviting breasts. Squeezing them in his hands he purses his mouth over a nipple gorging on its plumpness forgetting about the phone he’s unable to get enough of her.  After a few more minutes the phone rings again both of them hearing it.  Braylin is reluctant to get out of the bed but he can’t ignore that someone is trying to reach him.  Noticing the time it’s after nine thirty in the evening. 

“Kara….Baby do you want to have a late dinner?  We can order something in.”  His fingers move down her stomach lighting little fires along the way.  He gives his tongue a workout tasting and teasing Kara’s tattooed stars.  She moans liking it that he enjoys giving them so much attention.   She is unable to answer her body is rippling with pleasure from his touch he works his way back up to her lips, she captures them returning his urgent kiss.  Kara caresses his arousal sliding him deep inside her, he groans in ecstasy as she tightens her walls around him. He slams hard within her as she is filled with erotic pleasure.  

Kara feels loved, all her inhibitions have disappeared her body is shattering into a thousand pieces from the convulsions rushing through her inner core she meets his deep thrust with her own.  Their orgasms strike hard over and over, she clings to him both of their bodies mix with the sweat of their lovemaking.  He collapses on top of her holding her lovingly they no longer need words to say how they feel.    

Snuggling next to him not wanting to leave the bed she doesn’t want food right now, the only nourishment she needs is him but that phone’s constant ringing ends their mating.  Braylin gets out of bed going downstairs to get his phone.  By the time he comes back to the bedroom he’s read several text from Cameron.  Rushing into the bathroom he closes the door to call Cameron back.  While on the phone with him Kara walks into the bathroom? 

“What’s wrong?  Tell me….?”  There’s an uneasy look on his face. 

Kara hears him say he will be there in about forty minutes, ask them to wait.  She stands in front of him no longer shy about him seeing her body and any scars that mar it because of her attack.  He knows every inch of her and how to make her come alive with his touch. 

Taking her by the hand he pulls her back into the bedroom to sit on the side of the bed.  “I need to go meet Michelle and Cam at work.”  He says trying to keep his voice calm for her. 

“Why….is something wrong?”  She ask with curious eyes. 

“Baby……Liam’s parents showed up at my office after hours.  They ran into Michelle on the elevator and she asked them to go next door to Ruby’s while she went to get Cameron. 

“Why…..why are they there?  Mrs. Sheffield is not a nice woman Bray, I don’t trust them.”  Kara responds. 

“I know you don’t.  Kara, they want me to help them.  They are saying their son was paid to scare you and it got out of hand.  They’re concerned that something bad is going to happen to him.” 

“Their son needs to go to jail for what he did to me.  Braylin I’ve got scars I’ll have for the rest of my life.”  Kara angrily responds. 

“Sweetheart I know.   If you don’t want me to go see what they have to say I won’t.”  He answers. 

“Where are they now?”  She asks. 

“They are having dinner with Cam and Michelle.  They want to meet in my office in about an hour.”  He explains. 

Kara mulls it over biting her lip.  “Can I come with you?”  She wants to know. 

“Come on shower with me, we don’t have much time to get there.”  He gets up pulling her with him. 

Mrs. Sheffield stands up to greet Kara as they arrive at the table to talk.  “I’m sorry for the pain I’ve caused you.”  Mrs. Sheffield wrings her hands together her voice barely a whisper.  Mr.  Sheffield stands sliding his arms around his wife hugging her to him.  

“We both are.  There are so many things we didn’t know but it doesn’t excuse our behavior toward you.  I’m sorry too that any of it happened.”  Mr. Sheffield apologizes. 

Braylin has his arm around Kara hugging her to him.  She didn’t expect to hear an apology from them for the way they treated her. They stay in restaurant talking about Liam’s situation while Braylin and Kara make an effort to eat something but neither can eat much considering what they are discussing.  They inform Braylin and Kara they have proof of what they are saying but they don’t want to disclose it in the restaurant.  Cameron pays their bill and they go to their building. 

Braylin ask Cameron why he didn’t allow them to meet at his office initially.  

“You know why Bray, Michelle and I were busy.”  Braylin rolls his eyes knowingly shaking his head and smiling in complete understanding he leads everyone down to his own office.   

Logan pulls into the restaurant parking lot he opens the passenger door for Amelia to get out.  Amelia gets out looking around for her hit man’s car.  Spotting him she starts to walk toward him when Logan catches up to her. 

“Where are you going the restaurant entrance is that way?”  He points. 

“I know that Logan look….you can go on in if you want to.  I’m actually meeting someone here.”  Amelia replies. 

“You’re what?  No….no…what’s going on Amelia….tell me?  What have you done now?”  He rakes his fingers through his hair knowing he should never trust her but he did anyway. 

“You recommended him to me.  He’s here because of you.  I hired someone to help Liam get arrested.  You’re just as much a part of this as I am.”  She exclaims.

Logan looks at her with shocked eyes.  “What….?  You….I didn’t.  Who the hell is Liam?  I don’t know any Liam.  You asked me to get you somebody to help you with a problem you were having and I did.  I have nothing to do with what you and the person you hired are doing.  You lied to me.  You told me you were coming here to check out buying a restaurant.”   

“Oh don’t pretend with me?  You know why I needed a hitman?”   She huffs her voice filled with venom causing him to draw back taking a step away from her. 

“You’re fucking crazy….”  He retorts.  “What are you about to do?”  He grabs her by the arms. 

“Stop being a scared little bitch?”  She squints her eyes shooting fire in his direction, he lets her arm go.   “Come on, let’s go into the restaurant.  We’re a little early for my meeting.”  She walks ahead of him. 

Logan is fuming by the time they sit at the table.  The guy she hired chooses to stay out in the parking lot.   

Maxim pulls up in a parking space he’s dressed in all black wearing a black leather jacket and wearing a pair of Doc Marten boots with white shoelaces.  The hitman is waiting in the parking lot with a clear view. 

Maxim Monroe enters the restaurant wondering why Amelia and Logan are here.  He believes she is up to something and his father doesn’t know about it.  Sitting at the bar he orders a drink then looks around the place trying to catch a glimpse of Amelia and Logan.   

He catches a view of a woman in the back of the restaurant from his seated spot at the bar.  A waitress has just entered the room giving her a drink.  She appears to be working. Nursing the drink in front of him he can’t stand it anymore he goes to the room. 

Alexandra fumbles with the drink in her hand knocking it over on the desk as her eyes gaze upon the man standing in front of her.  He’s just as surprised to discover her here. 

“What are you doing here?”  She stands up grabbing some napkins to wipe up the spilled drink on the desk. 

“I didn’t know you would be here….why are you here?”  He looks surprised but worried. 

“I’m not talking to you.  Get out or I’ll scream the place down.”  She moves away from the table backing up against the wall with nowhere to go.   

“Don’t….I didn’t come here to hurt you.  I was following somebody, it was Amelia.”  He says feeling uneasy. 

“She’s here?”  Why….is she here for me?”  Alexandra fearfully questions. 

“I don’t know but don’t be afraid.  She doesn’t know I’m here.”  He tells her. 

“What do you want?”  Slowly she makes her way toward the door then realizes he’s blocking her exit. 

“I just want to talk.”  He says in an overwrought voice.

“Then talk, but don’t come near me.”  She tells him.

Liam pulls into the parking lot he enters the restaurant.  Looking around he tries to find Amelia. He suspects she’s up to something.  He told his parents about Amelia’s request to meet here.  They are scared for him, they think it’s a setup.  He promised to call them as soon as the meeting’s over. 

He’s at the bar with an untouched drink.  A woman soon approaches him from behind.  Sliding her arm around his shoulder startles him.  He turns around holding his breath until he sees it’s her. 

“What took you so long lover?”  She smiles coyly at him. 

“Why did we have to meet here Amelia?  What are you up to?”  He’s cautious looking around the bar. 

“Oh don’t wet yourself Liam.  It was getting to hot in the city for us to meet.  The police are interviewing people that know Kara.  I don’t want them to have any suspicions about me.”  She tells him taking a seat on the barstool next to him. 

“Why would they interview you? You mean nothing to her Kara.  There’s no reason for the police to come see you.  Are you trying to set me up Amelia?”  He stands up looking around. 

“Don’t be so paranoid.  Of course not.  Sit down let’s have a drink.  What’s the hurry, you don’t have anywhere else to go.”  Amelia looks over his shoulder at Logan sitting at a table nearby.  He’s on his third drink she will have to drive them back to Manhattan. 

“I’m not here to drink.  I’m here to get what you promised me.  Where is it I need to go?”  Liam grabs her wrist that’s caressing his thigh stopping her movement.  

“Damn, you’re no fun anymore."  She complains.

Liam is jumpy looking around his eyes focus on two people in an open doorway talking.  He doesn’t know either of them.  The man catches his attention because they are wearing the same type of boots.  He returns his gaze to Amelia.   

“Alright, here you go lover.”  She caresses his face with one hand while handing him the envelope with the other she has pulled from her vest pocket.  He takes it and starts to open it.  She lays her hand over his holding the envelope. 

“We don’t know who is watching us.  You can count it later.  I wouldn’t cheat you have I ever not come to your rescue?”  She ask her hand still cupping his cheek as he looks into her deceiving green eyes. 

“Don’t play with me Amelia….I’m not one of your pet dogs.”  He grips her wrist in his hand. 

She jerks her wrist away from him.  “Fine….take your money and go.  Your plane ticket is in there.  Don’t come back to New York.”  She flippantly tells him. 

“So this is really goodbye.”  He seems unsure. 

“Yes….can I get a kiss for the road?  You won’t deny me that will you?  It will be one very expensive kiss.”  Her hand is inside his jacket rubbing his chest she reaches up to caress the cross he’s wearing. 

“One kiss Amelia it is goodbye.”  He says with more confidence. Grabbing the back of her head he pulls her toward him his lips capture hers their tongues meet in a tug of wills that mimics the testy relationship they’ve had for the last year.  The kiss goes on and on he pulls her in between his legs her thighs rub against his.  His hands are rubbing on her tight jean clad ass.  He’s getting aroused her hands slide over his shoulders to grip his leather jacket.  She’s feeling just as aroused.  She doesn’t want the kiss to end.    

Liam ends their kiss.  Rising from the barstool he stands over her she looks up at him with lust filled eyes.  Their lower bodies are pressed against each other.  She slides her hands around him grabbing his butt. 

“To bad you are the one that is getting away Liam.  I didn’t know you had this much passion in you.”  She comments. 

“Don’t be so sure it was you I was thinking off while kissing you Amelia, you do look and feel like Kara just older and not as soft.  I was picturing her.”  He replies pushing her away he puts the envelope in his jacket pocket. 

Amelia’s green eyes go dark with anger.  Raising her hand to slap him he catches it kissing her palm then lowers her hand in his down to her side while grabbing her other arm holding her in place. 

“You knew it was always about her.  She’s the reason you came after me.  Don’t think I don’t know it.  I’m not sure there’s a place in hell for someone like you Amelia but I hope someone puts you there soon.  You’re a hateful destructive vindictive bitch.  I can’t excuse the role I’ve played in helping you spew your poison but I’m going to do what I can to turn my life around.” 

He lets her go with a small smile furthering the distance between them.  She’s breathing heavy her green eyes shimmer like emeralds under the dim lights of the bars.  Picking up his untouched drink she throws it on him. 

Wiping his face he shakes his head at her.  “Crazy bitch.”  He walks away looking for the bathroom. 

Lester has now arrived.  He’s talking to one of the hostess when Liam approaches them to ask where the bathrooms are.  Lester waits while the hostess points to the restrooms.  He doesn’t know Liam or pay enough attention to him to realize who he is. 

“Hi, I’m here to meet Alexandra Kerr.”  He smiles that Hurst smile at the hostess she gushes walking in front of him she points down the hallway telling him to take the first door on the left near the bar.

Reaching the entrance to the room he recognizes Alexandra’s voice she sounds upset.  Rushing into the room he finds Maxim standing on one side of the table and Alexandra standing on the other.  

“What the hell…”  Lester’s shocked eyes take in the scene before him shifting from one to the other.  He glances at the spilled drink on the table and the pile of wet napkins. 

“What’s going on here?”  He tries to contain his anger.  There is fear on Alexandra’s face and tears in her eyes.  Maxim looks just as angry.  His hands are gripping the back of a chair he looks like he’s trying to keep himself in control.

“Is this a setup….did you do this on purpose?”  Lester’s face registers confusion and pain he runs his fingers through his hair. 

“No….no Lester, please I didn’t know he was going to be here.  He just showed up a few minutes ago.  I didn’t invite him.”  A tear falls from her eyes she takes a step toward Lester.    “Tell him….tell him the truth Max.  I didn’t know you were coming here.”  Alexandra pleads with Maxim. 

Maxim looks from her to Lester.  His hatred of Lester is so intense but he loves Alexandra.  Looking at her face, he can’t bring himself to do what she ask but he can’t hurt her either. 

“Move out of my way Les, I need to get out of here.”  Maxim says walking up on him. 

“Did you come here looking for her, is that why you’re here?”  Lester refuses to move from the door’s entrance. 

“I said move goddammit.”  Maxim rushes him at the door.  Lester punches him in the nose, he yells grabbing at Lester.  They start swinging at each other left and right hooks are connecting.  Lester grabs Maxim around the waste, lifting him in the air he body slams him on the desk.  Maxim swings a left hook knocking Lester off of him. 

Alexandra yells at them both to stop they ignore her.  A waiter runs to the room hearing the commotion along with a night manager.  They try to pry the two men apart.  Alexandra is still yelling at them to stop. 

They finally get them separated.  Alexandra runs to Lester to check his face, there’s a cut above his brow.  Maxim’s lip is busted his nose is bleeding.  He grabs one of the dry napkins from the table wiping his mouth. 

“This isn’t over Hurst.  You better watch your back.  He brushes past the waiter and manager standing in the door way walking out of the room racing to the bathroom. 

Alexandra talks to the waiter and manager outside the room.  Lester grabs one of the dry napkins to wipe his brow he comes out of the room walking past her.  She leaves them running to catch up with him. 

“Where are you going you can’t leave now, you’re hurt.  Let me see how bad it is?”  She exclaims. 

“You think the punches he threw at me hurt worse than finding you here with him?  I can’t do this dance of pain with you Alex, it hurt too much the first time.”  He starts walking away reaching in his pocket for his keys. 

“You’re leaving me here….you can’t I waited…Les I waited here for you.  Let’s just find someplace to go, we can talk.  Give me a chance, you never did before.”  She cries.

He holds his head down trying to think.  “No…..I can’t.”  He walks away from her out of the restaurant to his car where he sits with his head in his hands against the steering wheel. 

Logan went to the bathroom but has now sobered up seeing Lester and his ex-wife on his way back to his table.  He doesn’t know what’s going on or why they are here he freaks out hurrying through the restaurant to find Amelia.  

Amelia is at the table trying to call her hit man but he’s not answering his phone.   

Liam is now in his car pulling out his cell phone to call his parents he finds his phone battery is dead. 

Maxim is parked a row behind him.  He comes out of the restaurant and stands at the bottom of the stairs searching in his pockets for his car keys. 

The hitman has long pulled out of the parking lot a while ago having driven some ways down the street to the interstate entrance, he’s hiding in a spot where he knows he won’t be seen and he can take his shot. It wasn’t part of the plan he and Amelia agreed up on but he doesn’t plan to get caught and there were too many people around at the restaurant coming and going.  

Three cars pull out of the restaurant parking lot headed for the interstate just down the street.  The hitman has the tag number and knows what the car looks like from the instructions given to him by Amelia.  He feels in his jacket pocket for his phone forgetting he threw it in the passenger seat when he took off he doesn’t have time to return to the car to get it now.  He likes to play a certain song when he makes his kills.  He’ll have to take the shot without listening to it tonight. 

 Liam pulls out of the parking lot making the turn to head directly for the interstate.  Lester is driving his Black Audi S8 behind him also coming out of the parking lot.  Following him is Maxim, he recognizes Lester’s car he speeds up to catch up with it. 

Inside the restaurant Amelia is frustrated she can’t reach her hitman.  Like all of her hastily laid plans something always goes wrong.  Getting up from the table she runs into Logan as she’s walking toward the exit to see if the hitman is still outside.  Logan grabs her by the arm dragging her to a corner. 

“Lester is here….was here.  I don’t know, his ex-wife is here.  I just saw them having an argument.  I think he left.”  Logan says his voice full of edginess. 

Amelia is tense and not sure what’s going on.  “Did he see you….do they know we are here?”  She exclaims looking around them hoping no one recognizes her. 

“No…..they were too into each other, come on Amelia we’ve got to get out of here.”  He grasp her hand hurrying her toward the door. 

“Wait….we haven’t paid for our meal.  We can’t just walk out they’ll….they’ll send someone after us.”  She fretfully retorts. 

“Go pay it he gives her a little push.  I’ll go get the car.”  He’s agitated and shaking, she knows he can’t drive. 

“No….just check on our mutual friend.  He’s not answering his phone maybe he’s standing outside of the car.   Tell him to abort the plan.  I’ll be out in a minute.”  She says with more calm than she feels.   

Logan is hesitant to go, does he really want to be a part of this. Racing out of the restaurant to the parking lot where he knows the hitman was parked.  He watches with horror as another car pulls into the empty space.  He's already gone to do the job.

**Thanks for Reading

Interested to know what you think will happen.  Is Amelia going down?

Other Story:  Tiptoe Kisses

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 372 64
Two successful people fell in love at the right moment and at the right time. But one of them is dealing with their own demons. They had an inner tur...
2.4K 195 33
Dia and her family have been relocated after Jay broke out and has his mind set on getting revenge on her. She has to adapt to a new city, new life a...
13.3K 561 63
There are few things that humble Allie Carson. As a senior, she is a central part of the popular crowd and can have any guy she wants - and she knows...
25.6K 1.4K 42
Daisy has been a stripper all of her life against her wishes. With an annoyingly genius brother to take care of, she is ready to do whatever it takes...