A Surprise and A Betrayal (✓)

Da piadreamer

This story takes place after the Malec wedding. 5 years have went by and it's soon going to be their 6th year... Altro

1. Love is Unconditional
2. Sweetness Overloaded
3. Certain and Uncertain
4. Confrontations and Truths
5. Emotions- War of Hearts
6. Lightwoods Reunion
7. When Sizzy meets Alec
8. A Dose of Malec
9. A Little bit of Happiness and Little bit of Chaos
10. Emotions speak louder than words
11. A Reunion to Cherish
12. Family isn't always blood
13. Not bonded by blood, but united by love.
14. Parabatai : Wherever we are, we are as one.
15. Let's have some Madnus
16. Angels and Immortality
17. Speak of the devil and he shall appear.
18. Silver is the color of the moon.
19. Let me confine you in my arms.
20. The Sins I've done.
21. A dream to live or reality to deny.
22. Demons only reside in hell.
24. The Power Couple.
Epilogue

23. I get to love you.

789 48 64
Da piadreamer

Alec was glad that the chapter of Camille Belcourt is finally over. He looked again where he killed the vampire and sighed with relief. He then looked at the time and quickly reached home. When he did, he found his husband half-dressed pacing in the living room wearing a worried expression.

"Magnus?" He called softly.

Magnus looked at Alec and sighed with relief. He walked towards him and hugged him tightly.

"Alexander, thank goodness! Where were you? I was worried sick."

"Calm down, love. I had some business to finish. I thought while you're getting dressed, I'll complete that. And, why are you half-dressed by the way?"

"I'm... I'm not feeling well, Alexander. I already told you, I've been feeling weird since morning, and it's not just because of Camille, there's something else I can't put my fingers on. And, about being half-dressed, I needed help for putting on the vest and the coat, so I was looking for you. I got worried when I couldn't find you anywhere."

"Hey, relax love." He cupped his warlock's face and kissed his forehead. While doing so, he sends his calming magic into his body. He knew it was wrong, but his husband was way too worked up and needed to relax a bit.

Magnus leaned into the touch and instantly relaxed, oblivious of the how.

"Now, let me help you." He helped his husband for getting dressed then he himself freshened up and changed into a white button-down shirt with dark chocolate brown pants and jacket with a black square pocket and black shoes.

When he came into the living room, he saw his husband waiting for him who was, as usual, looking ravishingly hot. He was wearing an ice blue button-down shirt with wine red pants, a light wine-colored vest, and a long wine red colored double-breasted coat with embroidery of black and silver and black shoes. His makeup was done perfectly, with dark perfectly smooth eyeliner and black kohl. The eyeshadow consisted of a blend of wine and black. The hairs were spiked up having streaks of wine red at the edges. He kept staring at his husband with his mouth hung open.

"Stop staring, Alexander. Can we leave now?"

Alec got out of the trance with his husband's voice. "Uh.. hun, yeah, yeah." He cleared his throat. "Sorry, I got distracted, my husband is looking way too hot than I imagined."

"Thank you for the compliment, Alexander, but can we leave now, so that we can come back soon."

"Seriously, Magnus! Fine, create a portal, and don't think about any destination."

Magnus obliged and they stepped into the portal. When they stepped out of the portal, his mouth was hung open and there was a glint in his eyes. He was completely speechless.

"A.. Alexander.." He breathed out.

"Thoughts?"

Magnus looked at his husband then at the gazebo where they had stepped out of the portal. It was right in front of his eyes, looking like heaven created on earth.

The whole gazebo had lanterns hanging from them, two on each side giving it a warm glow, the conical ceiling was covered with LED white lights on both inside and outside. The pillars had spirals of different varieties of roses. There was a circular table placed in the center of the gazebo, with several scented candles placed in a heart shape in the middle of it. The whole table was covered with rose petals over which lay their dinner, a red velvet cake, two different shaped boxes, and a bouquet of flowers with a card on it. There were two chairs kept on the diagonal corners, over which lay a set of speakers and a few small gifts.

Magnus looked at his husband with tear-filled eyes. "Alexander, you... you did so much. I don't know what to say."

"Then don't say anything, just enjoy the evening." He held his warlock's hand and dragged him inside the gazebo.

Magnus looked at his surroundings with tears in his eyes. He looked at the cake which had a 'happy anniversary Malec' written on it. "Malec? So you finally accepted our mundane ship name? "

"Nope! That's Clary and Izzy's doing."

"Smart women!"

Alec looked at his husband and shook his head, then leaned over and kissed his temple. "Let's cut the cake first, shall we?"

Magnus nodded. They took the knife which was knotted with ribbon, cut the cake together, and fed each other.

"Happy anniversary, Magnus Lightwood Bane."

"Happy anniversary, Alexander."

They leaned in and kissed each other softly yet passionately, tasting the sweetness of red velvet cake on each other's lips. They poured all the emotions into that one kiss. When they broke the kiss, Magnus' glamor had disappeared and his eyes were shining brightly with tears filled in them.

Alec then picked up the bouquet and handed it to his husband.

Magnus took it and inhaled the scent of mixed flowers which calmed his whole body. He then looked at the card and took it gently, placing the bouquet on the table. His eyes watered when he read the contents of the card.

~~~~~~~~~
You said you were a monster
I saw an angel

You said you were ugly
I saw a beauty

You said you were useless
I saw a caring personality

You said you were called an abomination
I saw a person with a pure heart

You said you don't deserve to be loved
I saw a person who needed to be loved

You said you hate yourself
I saw a shattered heart

You said there's nothing but darkness around
I saw a broken soul

I saw a broken soul...

«Happy 6th year anniversary, love. Thank you for coming into my life and making me the happiest person ever. These six years are the best six years of my life. You pushed me and helped me get out of the closest. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't crash my wedding that day. Maybe, I would be married to Lydia and living a life of a lie. But I'm not, I'm here with my husband, creating the best memories of my life. I can never thank you enough, Magnus. You're the light to my darkness, sunshine to my storms, strength to my weakness, and healer to my cries. I love you so much, and I wish to spend eternity with you.»

P. S.
There's a big surprise waiting for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Magnus looked at his husband with tear-filled eyes. He was really touched by every single word written on that card.

"I love you so much, Alexander. You are really special to me. You make me the happiest person ever. You have no idea how much you mean to me. I may have had lovers before, but no one was as special to me as you are. I should thank you for coming into my life and loving me for who I am and not what you want me to be. You saw through me, the monster I was, the crimes I did, but you still loved me and never left. I have no words to convey how thankful I'm for that."

"Hey, don't say that. You're not a monster, Magnus." He wrapped his hands around the warlock's neck and kissed him on the forehead. Magnus leaned into the touch. "Now, are you ready for your gifts?"

Magnus frowned at that. "Alexander, I... I haven't brought anything for you. I even forgot our anniversary and even if I can summon anything in a second, I didn't know what to get you. I'm sorry."

"Hey, don't be sorry about that, love. You've already given me the best gift by telling me the whole truth. I don't need anything materialistic. Honesty was the best gift you've given me, Magnus."

Magnus smiled at that. He didn't know what he did to deserve such an understanding person like him. "Thank you, Alexander."

"Now, the gifts." He picked up the photo frame which was wrapped beautifully and handed it to his husband.

Magnus took it and blinked twice. Something was written on the wrapper in his husband's beautiful handwriting.

#theworldisNOTyourtrash,Magnus.

He glared at his husband and Alec looked away, trying to suppress his smile.

The first time Alec got to know about this habit of Magnus was when he had gifted him the omamori charm and Magnus threw away the wrapper on the floor like trash. Since then he noticed that it's not just the wrappers, he does that with anything which is in his hands, the only exception being his phone.

"I do NOT do that, Alexander."

Alec rolled his eyes at that. "And I'm a warlock. Now open the gift, will you?"

Magnus opened the wrapper as gently as possible then kept it on the table. He felt his husband's eyes boring at him the whole time. He gasped when he saw the contents of the gift. It was a photo frame consisting of the paintings of all their anniversaries and their wedding day, beautifully framed together. The frame was made with handcrafted wood and it had a richness to it.

"It's beautiful. I love it. Thank you, Alexander."

"Thank Clary, I've asked her to do it. There's no doubt she did an amazing job." He smiled warmly when he saw his husband's reaction.

"I'm still going to thank you." He pecked him softly on the lips.

Alec picked up the second gift and handed it to him. Magnus took it and opened the wrapper gently yet again. His eyes watered when he saw what was inside the box. It was a set of 3 diamond rings, which were joined together with silver chains having a small cut of emeralds on them, the first and third rings were designed to sit on the base of fingers, the second ring on the middle part of the finger. The words FOREVER YOURS MLB were engraved on each ring separately on top of it and AKU CINTA KAMU on the bottom of the ring, each letter having small cut diamonds on it, which were shining brightly as the moonlight fell on it.

He took out the rings from the box and slid them on his fingers. They fit perfectly on his fingers. He traced the words gently, feeling every minute diamonds engraved on it. A warm smile played on his lips.

"Aku cinta kamu, Alexander Lightwood Bane. I'm speechless. Thank you so, so much."

"I love you too, Magnus. Now, your last gift. But, before that.." he switched on the speakers and placed his hand forward gracefully. "Dance with me."

Magnus looked at him wide-eyed. "You can't be serious!"

Alec rolled his eyes. "I've been practicing. Now, come on."

Magnus took his hands and rested one hand on his shoulder and his face on his chest. A slow track of 'I Get to Love You' by Ruelle started playing on the speakers and he gave in to the music and closed his eyes, relishing every word of the song and his husband's embrace.

[A/N: Before reading further, imagine Malec dancing on this track. The song is attached above.]

"Whatever may come, your heart I will choose. Forever I'm yours, forever I'll do." Alec whispered softly in Magnus' ears.

"The way you love, it changes who I am." He whispered again.

"They say love is a journey, I promise that I'll never leave. When it's too heavy to carry, remember this moment with me." He whispered yet again and Magnus tightened his arms around his husband, not wanting to let go. Alec played the song once again, relishing every single moment.

When the song got over, Magnus opened his eyes and unwrapped himself from his husband's arms. But his eyes went wide from what he saw. There, in front of his eyes lay something really unexpected. His husband was looking heavenly. There were huge silver wings fluttering beside him and his eyes were turned into icy silver, without any trace of his true hazel one's, having a hopeful look in them. He took a few steps backward, gasped loudly, and covered his mouth.

"A.. Alexander! What.. what is this? You? This? What's going on?" He trailed off, not wanting to believe what was in front of his eyes.

Alec took his husband's arms and kissed the back of his hands. "This is your final gift, Magnus. Happy anniversary." He said hopefully, he didn't want it to backfire, he knew it wouldn't. But if by any chance it did, he would be crushed.

"You're.. you're.. what are you? Are.. are you Im.. immortal? But! No, this has to be a dream. This can't be true." He looked at his surroundings frantically. "This is a dream. I know it is. I need to wake up. This is all a dream."

The light hopeful smile which was playing on Alec's lips disappeared completely after hearing that. He gulped and reached for his husband's hand but Magnus backed off. Tears formed in Alec's silver eyes. "Magnus." He called softly. "It's not a dream. I'm immortal, love. That's what I went to New York for. Catarina helped me with this." He confessed and tried to reach for his husband again, but Magnus backed off. His wings rippled conveying his sadness through it.

"No! don't touch. Whatever you are, don't touch me. I know I'm dreaming. And whatever you're doing to keep me asleep, I'll break through it and get back to reality. I know my husband would never sacrifice his mortality, not even for me. So back off, and if you try to do anything.." he produced his blue magic dancing above his palms, "dream or not, I'll burn you in flames." He said coldly, his cat eyes boring at him.

Alec took a few steps backward and looked at his husband, then at the burning ball of magic in his hand. His silver eyes turned into a dull gray color and tears escaped from them. His wings turned dull gray too and hung low, touching the floor completely. "I'll do anything for you, Magnus." He whispered softly in a choking voice. He didn't expect this to happen, his warlock didn't just reject his immortality, he wasn't even believing any of it, and was seeing him as a threat. He sniffed and looked at the floor. He was broken by the turn of events.

Magnus looked at the creature's actions dumbfounded. Even though he wanted it to be true badly, all he could think was this to be a dream again, as the other ones. He didn't want to be trapped again. He was thinking of attacking the thing when he heard the familiar sniffs and looked at the creature. His heart skipped a beat and he withdrew his magic. He could recognize his husband's saddened voice anywhere. No one could imitate it as the shadowhunter never showed his emotions to anyone other than him. He gulped, hard. It didn't take him long after that to realize that this wasn't a dream and he had hurt his husband. He looked at his shadowhunter or now angel? and saw that the wings were now curled around him tightly like he was hugging himself and the sniffs have increased.

"A.. Alexander?"

"Now what, Magnus? Do you want to kill me too?" He asked in a low voice.

Magnus' heart sank hearing that voice. He really had hurt his husband badly. "A... Alexander, is it really you? You're immortal? For real? I... I'm really sorry. I really am. I freaked out. I didn't mean to hurt you, I never could. I'm so sorry."

Alec's eyes turned silver and hopeful again and he looked at his warlock. He saw the genuineness in those golden cat eyes.

"Magnus, it's me, love. Please, don't do that, please believe me. Yes, I'm immortal, I did it for you, for us. I love you Magnus, more than you could imagine."

Magnus stepped forward and wiped away the tears falling on his cheeks, then looked into those dull silver eyes. It suddenly struck him and tears formed in his own eyes.

"Oh, my god! Alexander! You're immortal, I can't believe this! You're actually immortal! You.. you did it for me? I have you for eternity! You're not going anywhere? Is that what this ring meant?" He looked at the ring in his hand then at his husband, dumbfounded. Alec smiled at that and nodded. He took his husband's palms rested on his cheeks and kissed it.

Magnus looked at his husband with adoration and hugged him tightly, clinging to him like a koala. "But why? How?"

Alec finally relaxed when he felt his warlock's arms around him, his wings curled around Magnus' body and he held his husband tightly. "I heard you, Magnus." He whispered in his ears.

********************************

*A month ago*

Magnus was sitting beside Alec's bed, holding his shadowhunter's hand in his own. He never moved from that place. It's been more than a week and his husband was still in a coma. He hadn't eaten anything in that week, Catarina had to force-feed him in order to keep him alive.

Magnus didn't want to move from that place, not even for a second. He wanted to be there when his husband woke up. He was sobbing badly and was holding his shadowhunter's hand tightly.

"Alexander, I don't know if you can hear me or not but wake up. Please, wake up. I can't see you like this. It's killing me. I never thought I would love someone so madly, but I was wrong, I love you so much, Alexander. I don't think I can live without you."

He sobbed and a teardrop escaped from his eyes and fell on Alec's hand.

"Come back to me, Alexander, please. I don't know what I'm going to do if you.." he trailed off and sniffed.  "I never thought I would find someone whom I wished to spend my eternity with, but I did. Yes, Alexander, I want that with you. I know I'm being selfish, but seeing you like this made me realize how much your presence in my life means to me.

I never thought I would ever get married, but then, I found you. You were the first of many things, and you would be the last. The last person I'll ever love. I don't think I can fall in love ever again if something happens to you. And I don't want that. I... I wish you were immortal, Alexander. 

I know that's your decision to make, but it's killing me to imagine a life without you. I know now how you felt when I was lying there five years ago, when I lost my magic, you wanted to grow old with me. I want the same, only difference being, I want to spend eternity in your arms." He sniffed and caressed his cheeks.

"I love you, Alexander. More than I imagined I could ever love someone. Just come back to me, please, even if it's for the next 50-60 years. I don't know what I'll do after that, but I can't see you dying. I can't." He rested his head on his chest and started sobbing, after some time he fell asleep like that.

*******************************

"Alexander... I.. I have no words. I know I confessed that, but I didn't think you could hear me. I know I was being selfish when I said all that."

"Magnus, don't say that. You have the right to be selfish sometimes. I got selfish too when you lost your magic. I wanted to grow old with you. I guess now both of our wishes came true. We have an eternity waiting for us." He touched his forehead with Magnus' and wrapped his fingers around his neck.

Magnus sighed and leaned into the touch. "Alexander.. why? How? When? What exactly are you now? Don't get me wrong, I'm obviously happy that I have my husband for eternity, but it's a big decision, being immortal sometimes feels like a curse, it's not easy to live for centuries without feeling empty."

"Not when you're with the right person, Magnus. I love you and I made this decision when I was sure I wanted it. I just didn't do it for you, I did it for myself as well. I can't live without you, Magnus, ever." He cupped the warlock's face with one hand and his wings wrapped around Magnus' waist and legs. Magnus looked at them wide-eyed and Alec smiled.

"They just want to hug you and calm you down. They can sense your stress. Don't freak out because of them."

Magnus looked at the wings wrapped around his body with awe. His cat eyes had a different kind of glint in them. "They're beautiful, Alexander, but you haven't answered my questions yet."

"I'm still a shadowhunter, just an angel now, literally. And to answer how and when, it's a long story. I heard everything when I was in a coma, Magnus. You, Izzy, and others. It was breaking me from inside whenever you pleaded me to come back to you. After I gained consciousness and got back home, I remembered everything that you said. I was waiting to see if you'll ask me to be immortal again, but you didn't, so I didn't give it much thought either. But the first time I heard you crying and confessing all that again behind my back when I came back home early one day, it shattered every core of my heart. I know you did that a lot behind my back." He took a deep breath then continued.

"Even you know it well, Magnus, that how much I tried to talk you through it. But you always kept me pushing away. You know we tried mundane ways too, but nothing worked and it killed me every second seeing you like that. That's when I started researching about becoming immortal. I found out about a shadowhunter becoming immortal without turning into a downworlder. That's when I knew that I wanted it. Even you know how much shadowhunting means to me." He looked at his warlock's tear-filled eyes and the wings fluttered around his body.

"When I was sure about becoming immortal, I went to Catarina for help and she agreed. My visit to New York was actually to get permission from my family and to transform into an immortal. I didn't want to lie to you so I preponed the meeting and shifted it to New York. I did it because I love you Magnus, so, so much. Seeing you like that killed me, it made me realize how worse you'll be when I'll be gone one day and I didn't want that. This one month was the worst phase of my life. You were so broken, so vulnerable, even when I was there right in front of you. I didn't even want to imagine how much worse you could get if I'm not there. That helped me to will my decision of becoming immortal. I can't see you like that, love."

Magnus wrapped his husband in a tight hug and let tears fall on his shoulder. "I can't believe this, when Camille.. when I kissed her you were already immortal. If something would have happened.. whatever happened in my dream..." He tightened his fist on his jacket.

"Mags, hey, don't think about that. Nothing happened and I'm still here with you. But I do have a question, Magnus."

Magnus broke the hug and looked at his husband, but their hands were intertwined now.

"When you saw my wings, why did you say that you're dreaming? The way you reacted broke me, Magnus."

"I'm sorry, Alexander. I... I told you that I had lied to you about my nightmares. I... I had these weird dreams sometimes where I'm at a similar place like this with you, and you reveal to me that you're immortal, I get all happy and when I reach for you, you change into some weird looking man and I get trapped in a cell or dark basement. It's always slightly different, but that's how it goes. When you revealed your wings, those dreams flashed in front of my eyes. I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to hurt you."

Alec rubbed his temples and sighed. "And why you never told me this before, Magnus? You had the precognition thing about me being immortal as well."

Magnus rested his face on Alec's chest and Alec's wings stroked his back in soft motions. "I'm sorry, Alexander. I never gave it a thought. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me as I wanted you to be an immortal."

"Mags, from now on, you're talking to me about your dreams and nightmares. I don't care even if they're baseless."

Magnus nodded against his chest. "I love you, Alexander. I don't know what I did to deserve you. You sacrificed your mortality for me. But, if you were already an immortal when you came back from New York, why didn't you tell me about it? Why did you never talk to me about it?"

"I was waiting for our anniversary. I wanted it to be a surprise for you. And about talking to you, I knew you would have refused it and tried to convince me not to do it, even when that's exactly what you wanted. I know you enough to know that you would have put my needs above yours. I know my husband, Magnus."

Magnus huffed and pouted, taking the opportunity Alec kissed him, pouring all of his emotions into it. When they broke their kiss, Magnus looked at him and blinked thrice.

"Are you feeling better now, Magnus? Did you like your last gift?"

"Much, thank you, Alexander. And I loved the gift. This is the best gift I've ever gotten. By the way, what am I supposed to call you now? You're not just a shadowhunter anymore. What about winged nephilim? Or an angel? I like the sound of both!"

"Don't you dare, Magnus Lightwood Bane!"

"Come on, angel, don't ruin the fun now."

"Magnus!"

Magnus rolled his eyes and took a bite of the cake, ignoring the flaming eyes of his now winged nephilim. He was actually feeling really happier than he was showing. He literally wanted to jump in his husband's arms and shower him with kisses, but he was trying to suppress that.

"Should we proceed with dinner now?" Alec asked. He was secretly relieved that his husband was going back to being his normal self again. His eyes were back to hazel again and he had put his wings back in the wing scar.

Magnus looked at him with curiosity. "Have you glamoured your wings? And how are you changing the colors of your eyes?"

"Let's discuss this over dinner, I'm starving." Alec uncovered the lid of the pots and Magnus gasped. The whole cuisine was Indonesian and Magnus' favorite.

Magnus looked at his husband lovingly and sat on the chair Alec pulled out for him. He kissed his winged nephilim passionately then started digging into the food. They spent the rest of the evening talking about Alec's newfound powers and going through the presents their family had gifted them.

A/N
I hope you guys liked the chapter. Please let me know through your comments and votes.
Thank you ❤️❤️

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

29.9K 1.4K 20
** All books in the 'Malec Fairytale Series' can be read in any order. None of the books over lap or connect. They each follow a different fairytale*...
252K 8K 59
Alec, the hottest Shadowhunter, and institute leader of New York meets one of the opressed downworlders Magnus Bane. Unfortunately he has to work wit...
2K 111 12
A series of one-shots about some first things Magnus and Alec experience together, which together create a journey of Malec from meeting each other...
23.7K 986 54
Hey, this is my first fan fiction about Malec. I don't own any of the characters. English is not my first language, so I may have mistakes, I would a...