The King's Possession ✔️

Oleh Midika

•Mature Content• "Is it really so unbelievable that I would kiss you? That I want you?" he asks, the softness... Lebih Banyak

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE - Part One
FORTY THREE - Part Two
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FOFTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
EPILOGUE

TEN

36.5K 1.3K 279
Oleh Midika

Word Count: 2080

Taius is at dinner when we walk in.

Marek and I arrive at the same time. I feel foolish walking into this large dining hall, dressed in a tight fitting dress, that I tug at awkwardly. Mercilessly, Marek never made a comment on it, but as I walk toward where Taius sits, I notice his gaze sweep over me brazenly.

The dining hall is decorated beautifully, a panoply of paintings strung across the wall which drip wealth I will never understand. Atop the long dining table, is a variety of food, which my stomach immediately reacts to. I don't know the last time I ate something.

Taius motions for us to join him. Pulling out the seat beside him, his look toward me confirms he wants me to sit right there, with Marek taking the seat opposite.

And of course, we have no other choice but to oblige him.

"I somehow knew you would fit into my sisters gown. You both have petite figures," he murmurs, his tone taunting, but his eyes are unreadable. I want to be disgusted, before I remember the role I'm meant to be playing. I let it wash over me, letting me relax back into my seat, a smile lightly touching my lips.

Marek clears his throat pointedly. Taius drags his gaze to the Hunter reluctantly, almost as if he forgot he was there in the first place. I'm unsure whether that comment bothered Marek, or he is simply acting. I'll hope for the latter.

"Your escort seems touchy about the way I speak to you," Taius comments, picking up his glass. "Either your father gave him very specific instructions, or he has a soft spot for you."

Marek and I exchange brief glances.

"There's no way he doesn't want me. It's been obvious this entire time," I find myself saying, the words that personally repulse me, gliding from my mouth with ease. Marek doesn't flinch, but his gaze does flicker away from me, likely selling his embarrassment for Taius. Composing myself, I pray my cheeks will not tint pink and betray me.

"Don't feel as though you have to settle, Akara. You could attract the most noble of men," Tai tells me assuredly, making my stomach turn. Like you, King?

I stare at the food before me, laid out with an excessive amount of precision, but I suppose we are dining before a King. "So Tai, what goes on around these parts? I get so bored on my father's orchards, and he never lets me play with the workers."

"It's easy to get bored here. Too much land, not enough people. You're the first interesting person to step foot inside my place recently," he compliments, the faintest gleam to his eye.

Naturally, I believe him. Why create such a spectacle otherwise?

Spooning some vegetables glazed in a creamy butter and garlic mixture onto my plate, I lower my gaze, trying to view Marek's expression. He doesn't have to feign his confidence. Despite the risk Taius poses to us, the Hunter refuses to be intimidated. I commend him for it, because I'm terrified, and even being this close to the King has me questioning whether I should get up and run for my life or not.

"Your majesty, this dinner is great, but we really should be leaving soon," Marek comments, even though he hasn't touched any of the food on offer. I, however, have been enjoying the meal, starving from lacking food since being at the inn. Marek is attempt to be a staid presence, while I remain more laid back, disinterested.

"Marek, is it?" Taius asks, tilting his head. "Lighten up. How is it Akara here is having more fun than you."

"She isn't the one getting paid," Marek comments, leaning back into his seat. Of course, his character's entire motive is to return me to my wealthy, doting father.

If only that much were true.

"Right, you're her escort. If I believed that," Taius remarks dismissively, causing my heartbeat to stumble over itself. Still, I refuse to let my mask slip, which is easy considering I don't have to pretend to be confused.

"What's not to believe?" I question.

"I've loved each word coming out of your mouth, Akara, but you really think I believe it?" Taius questioned, raising a dark eyebrow. Behind him, a marble mantelpiece rears up, layered with crystal vases that hold thick bouquets of flowers. The white of the petals gives an angelic deception that I'm safe right now, even if Taius's words refuse to match.

My throat dries. "I don't know what you mean."

"You're looks are intoxicating enough, I'm not about to believe it's shrouded by that much over-confidence," Taius murmurs, a feline smile on his face accompanying his words, which slowly, painfully tear apart our façade, teasing us as he exposes our entire plan right in front of us.

"We aren't here to play games," Marek cuts in.

"Look, I won't go asking what your true stories are, if we cut the act," Taius offers, the taunt from his tone diminishing to nothing more than a slightly amused lilt. He tore apart our story with as much ease as Marek did creating it.

"I promise, we never intended for this to make it to this point," I cut in, doing as he demands, dropping the act. Now I feel foolish, the surface of my skin heating, my cheeks staining crimson. Taius is the complete opposite to me. He's draped back over his chair, lazily toying with us. Marek is straight back and cautious, not letting a single movement escape his gaze.

"Of course not. I understand that this was all unintended, however, running from my people, and killing two of them was most definitely your cause," he comments.

The room goes ice cold. He knows.

"Don't look so frightened, I can see how my men can be not so agreeable sometimes. But killing them?" he mocks.

Even if he is trying to make a joke of this all, the glacial twist in those emerald eyes of his suggests this is very much a problem for him. This is what Marek predicted; a retaliation, of sorts. Now I wish for Marek to use his Summoner abilities on the King, even though I know he wouldn't dare in front on all Tai's men.

Marek starts to speak, stuttering over his words with near incoherence. "We...I felt threatened. I didn't know anything about a King, I thought they were merely thieves."

"I want to believe you, I do, especially for your sake Akara. But you must understand also, that I can't just have people coming here, killing members of my staff and lying straight to my face," Taius says, gesturing around him as if to encompass his entire court - a court of which I know nothing about.

I cut in quickly. "We understand, Tai. It was a misunderstanding."

"It is, which is why I regret pushing some kind of penalty on you..." Tai draws off, his tone suggesting he isn't regretful at all. My heart jumps into my throat, panic rising up within me.

"You can't do that. What authority do you have here?" Marek says suddenly, his audacity clearly taking Tai by surprise. He's beginning to panic, to realise his own predictions are about to come true.

"I'm the authority, and I make the executive decisions," Taius derides, crossing his arms over his chest.

"It's okay Marek. Tai here is a generous person, and whatever the penalty might be, I have no doubt it will be minor," I remark, eyeing Taius anxiously for his reaction. He taps the tip of his index finger against his bottom lip, considering everything.

"You are the master negotiator, Akara dear. Perhaps I could find a way for you to receive the most minor of penalties," Taius offers. He knows he's a King, and that allowing us to leave here would damage his reputation; and to a King, there is nothing more important than their reputation.

I don't let my smile falter. "I would truly be grateful."

"I don't mean to be brazen, but I will be honest with you. I'm a bored King, with little companions, especially not female. Perhaps you could stay here, a guest, and keep me company," Taius offers.

A glacial coolness falls over the room, that touches each of us. Taius's words are laden with unspoken meaning, making my stomach turn over painfully.

"No," Marek says immediately.

"I wasn't asking you, Marek," Taius murmurs, focusing the contempt in his gaze on the Hunter for only a brief moment, before it fades, and he looks at me again. Looking down at my ice floating in water cup, I consider what the consequences of throwing it on the King would be. Would he have me killed for my audacity?

"We both know what you mean by companion. She's not going to fuck you because you're bored," Marek growls, the lethal undertone of his voice consumed in a darkness that even frightens me. One more word, and the tether that is holding him down will break.

Taius's eyebrows rise slightly, unfazed. "You don't know that. It's completely Akara's decision."

Both their gazes fall upon me, anticipating a reaction, but any semblance of a response has vanished, as I struggle to collect my thoughts. Be a King's mistress, his fun little game for sport.

"No, it's not. You know she can't say no. What would your people think?" Marek questions when I don't respond. He leans forward, resting his forearms against the edge of the table, the darkness of his shirt in contrast to the dove white tablecloth.

"See, my people know me, and trust me, which is not what I can say for the likes of you," he comments broadly, although I can tell he is focusing that statement on Marek. Then, his attention shifts to me. "Akara. I would never force you to do anything, which is why the option remains open, before Marek here sabotages it."

Think.

What could this mean? If Taius is true to his word, and has no intention to force himself upon me, it's my best option. If I'm locked away in a prison, I may never see the light of day again, nor my family. Here, there is a chance to escape, of appealing to a King for my freedom.

"Only if you promise Marek isn't thrown into one of the prisons either," I cut in, my fork slipping from my fingers, clattering dramatically onto the plate. Taius's gaze pins me, as if he can see through the opulent fabric I wear, exposing me.

Taius waves his hand dismissively. "It's evident Marek doesn't know how to be polite in the presence of a King. A place here wouldn't fit him."

I glance at Marek, looking for him to join in, to plead for his freedom, but he remains stoic and unresponsive. I hardly blame him; no man wants to beg before a King. However, he has done nothing but protect me since coming here, so I suppose I owe him one in return.

"Marek will keep his mouth shut," I say uneasily, ensuring the Hunter notices my glare. "You must have something for him."

Taius tilts his head back and forth, considering it. "Well, what skills do you have? How would you benefit me?"

Silence.

"He's a hunter. An excellent one, if you give him a bow. I know this dinner is fresh, clearly sourced from the woods around this area. Why not have Marek do it?" I offer, recalling the bow he had in his room at the Inn. Marek's eyes darken, but he still doesn't speak.

Taius loosens a long sigh. "Very well. But I don't want to see you two around each other."

"But we are....friends," I say awkwardly in my attempt to not elude to how Marek and I came to actually know each other.

"Marek doesn't think so. He thinks he needs to protect you, which isn't the best look on him, especially for a King. Deal?" Taius offer, the darkness laced within his tone daring either of us to retort.

It was a lot of things that made me say it. "Deal."

💙••💙

If you guys want to read ahead, you can read more of KING'S POSSESSION on Radish! It's chapters ahead of Wattpad (:

🌌••🌌

Hope you guys enjoyed Tai's introduction! Let me know what you think (:

🐼••🐼

Hope you enjoyed!!!

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

~Midika 💜🐼

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

210K 4.4K 36
"I give you permission to take me to your bed in any position you want, slow or fast, hard or gentle, to never leave your bed side until you satisfie...
31K 1K 35
He stepped even closer so close that our nose was touching and I could feel his minty breath on my face. Oh no wrong move. "I was just cleaning it"...
90.9K 5.9K 32
Having survived three apocalypses - as if one weren't enough! - I knew how to stay alive in a world overrun by nightmarish monsters. Going on a suppl...
206 14 16
I smile at this loving the reaction he gave me. So go back to tracing. Purposely making each of my touches softer and slower. He grabs my hand and tu...