Alpha Klayton | ✔️

By sunxmoon__

"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed... More

1 |
2 |
3 |
4 |
5 |
6 |
7 |
8 |
9 |
10 |
11 |
12 |
13 |
14 |
15 |
16 |
18 |
19 |
20 |
21 |
22 |
23 |
24 |
25 |
26 |
27 |
28 |
29 |
30 |
31 |
32 |
33 |
34 |
35 |
36 |
37 |
38 |
39 |
40 |
41 |
42 |
43 |
44 |
45 |
B O O K T W O

17 |

74.7K 2.7K 141
By sunxmoon__

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Klayton and I decided that we were going to hit up the library the next day.

This trip, of course, included Lenna and Isaac.

We had all parked our asses along the part of the library specifically pertaining to supernaturals.

How ironic I was currently surrounded by three.

"I'm not seeing anything about curses or humans with magic around here," Lenna mutters bitterly. I think she was a little crabby when Klayton suggested that her and Isaac help us find anything that could relate to my curse, instead of having sex.

Clearly she needed to get laid.

"We haven't been looking long," Isaac rolls her eyes at her. "Just keep searching and maybe something will pop up."

"Well," Klayton drawls. "We know that all curses and spells begin with a witch, right? Let's start there?"

"Good idea," I nodded my head towards him with a slight smile. He mirrors my actions.

Isaac watches the two of us and pretends to make gagging noises. As if I haven't heard him and Lenna going at it like rabbits through the thin walls.

I don't say that last part out loud.

We had been flipping through multiple books, even going through the ones that hadn't been touched in so long they were starting to collect dust. After skimming through about my ninth book, I pried one open and coughed at the small dust that flew around.

Catching my breath and clearing my throat, my eyes almost bulge out at what I read within this old relic.

It clearly states, "How to Resist a Mate Bond" in very nearly inscribed hand writing.

This book is a journal, I said to myself thoughtfully.

Klayton peers up at me through the pages of his small journal he had claimed, as if sensing my sudden dismay. I open my mouth to say something, though nothing comes out.

My stomach flutters with butterflies and a little bit of anxiety at what may be lurking inside the pages.

Lenna suddenly perks up. "Did you find something?" She asks me, rather eagerly.

She clearly wanted to get out of here.

I nod, dumbfounded.

The three of them silently walk over to me, and we all sit on the carpeted floor of the library in a small circle. I cross my legs, aiming to get comfortable, before placing the journal in the middle of our formation.

Klayton's eyes narrow on it, burning holes into the material with just his steely gaze. I guess I would hold resentment too.

"What does it say?" Isaac whispers. We all glance at each other before I gingerly pick it up and begin reciting the words.

"To end a pair destined to mate,
Magic is needed to seal this fate.
You must be wise,
This darkness can be hard,
For if you continue,
You may be dealt the wrong card."

We all sit silently stunned in union. I breathe out a small and shakey breath. I peer at Klayton whose eyebrows are furrowed tightly together— clearly he is concerned and trying to decipher the meaning behind this riddle.

"Well what the fuck does that mean?" Lenna asks. A small wry laugh drags out of me, slightly wondering the same thing.

"Does it say anything else Addy?" Isaac asks me. I flip through a few more pages and everything else turns up blank. I shrug with a small frown on my face.

"No," I say. "That was it,"

"Well that's stupid," Lenna huffs. I can't help but nod and agree solemnly as I toss the journal back on the ground.

"Let me see," Isaac tries to reason. My eyebrows knit together in confusion, watching as he picks it up. I grab the journal from him again.

"I just checked, there's literally nothing else there."

"You're blind," Isaac retorts. "And human. You might have missed something that only a werewolf's attentive mind could see,"

I scowl at him. He reaches for the book and I still have a death grip on it. We almost play a short of tug-of-war with the journal, before one of the pages suddenly cause a small slit on my middle finger.

"Fuck," I hiss in slight pain. How did these old-ass pages manage to give me a paper cut?

"Look what you did," Isaac says to me sarcastically. I shoot him a glare and Klayton growls lowly in his chest at Isaac before anything else escalates.

I notice the blood that had dripped from finger fell onto the journal, landing on top and touching some of the pages. I frown and open it up, aiming to inspect the damage inflicted by Isaac and I's childish actions.

"What th—''

"Holy f—''

"Oh my Goddess," Klayton breathes from beside me. He is leaning over me, peering down into the journal, similarly to Isaac and I.

Lenna peers up from her cellphone, where she had been sitting and taking selfies. "What did I miss?" She asks. Isaac roll his eyes at her and I start flipping through the pages of the journal, which now suddenly were littered full of information.

"How did this get here?" I ask Klayton. He looks skeptically at the book before answering.

"If I had to guess, it was probably enchanted. It may have needed someone's blood to unlock the rest of whatever else is in there."

I nod my head. That kind of makes sense.

"I'm honestly not sure what to look for, so you should read it." I say to Klayton with a slight cringe. He reluctantly nods, agreeing with me. He takes the journal from my hand and starts to read through some of the pages, Isaac trying to read some of it over his shoulder as well.

I sit anxiously watching the two of them glance at each other, eyebrows furrowed in either confusion or frustration. Probably a mix of both.

Here I am— a bundle of nerves ready to melt into mush, while Lenna is sitting next to us on snapchat with the dog filter. How fitting.

Why is my life so complicated?

~

Suddenly, Klayton let's out a thunderous snarl and I instantly shoot back, crawling away from the danger instinctively. Isaac holds his hands up in surrender, trying to tame him. Klayton's eyes are almost pitch black, and his muscular chest is panting heavily. If he wasn't so scary and about to sprout into fur, this might actually be hot.

I shake my head at my thoughts, as Klayton suddenly growls and turns to ripping out a few of the pages from the old journal. I gasp in both shock and fear.

"No!" I launch myself towards him. Is he crazy? These pages hold the key to everything!

Isaac grabs my waist, stopping my advance towards Klayton. He pins me behind him, holding one hand on my waist and the other in front of us as a sort of barrier. He quickly shoots me a look that says 'don't move.'

Klayton, still snarling and growling, suddenly turns almost murderous at the sight of Isaac and I. He obsidian eyes follow Isaacs arm to my waist, holding me almost pinned to him. Shaking, I watch as Klayton's fingers suddenly turns into razor sharp claws. He has one thing on his mind.

Kill.

I scramble to look for Lenna, until suddenly remembering that she had excused herself to go to the washroom.

"Mine," Klayton growls to Isaac. My eyes widen at realization, and Isaac's tense body mirrors mine. I shove myself out of Isaacs protective grip, and slowly stalk up to Klayton. His eyes flash a small golden, his chest still panting while he breathes heavily.

"Hey, hey, hey," I soothe. "I'm right here, I'm all yours," I place my hands onto his chest shakily. This isn't something I'm used to, and I'm terrified.

But I know he won't hurt me.

I lay my head against his chest and he almost rumbles a purr from within, clasping his arms securely around me. I feel him lean down into my hair, inhaling deeply. He growls in satisfaction before I peer up to see his eyes returning to their natural colour.

I almost sag in relief.

I watch as Isaac steps forward, still cautious, although recognizing his Alpha is back to his normal self.

"What the hell happened man?" Lenna asks as she enters the door, noticing some of the books on the ground in a chaotic pile due to Klayton's deadly outburst.

"I think he found something he didn't like," Isaac says.

"Damn straight," Klayton growls.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88K 2.8K 62
(Reducing to an excerpt 4/30) Aliya Matsuoka meets "him" in her dreams - a regal yet unexpectedly shy man. But strangest of all, he always meets her...
1.1M 41.3K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
1.7M 88.7K 31
[Completed] Every Wolf Moon, humans are selected from each village to be sacrificed to the werewolves; creatures worshipped by humans as godlike figu...
168K 4.7K 35
Highest Ranking ~^~ #1 in DarkMagic ; 14/05/2019 #2 in DarkMagic ; 13/05/2019 #72 in Werewolf ; 23/09/2017 #79 in Werewolf ; 07/1/2018 #16 in Element...