My Best Friend's Roommate: (J...

By kxngjustin

Dana Mendes is an 18 year old student at the California College for Music where she majors in vocal music. Sh... More

ATTENTION
One | Moving In
Two | Am I Really That Good?
Three | The New Kid
Four | "I Just Need A Break"
Five | Pizza, Eavesdropping, and Irritation
Six | "You Have Two Days"
Seven | "Why'd You Have To Come Here?"
Eight | Mini Golf & Suprises
Nine | "Who Cares If We're On Break?"
Ten | I Can Be There For You
Eleven | Movie Night
Twelve | Escalation
Thirteen | Drinks and Confessions
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Fourteen | As Luck May Have it
Fifteen | Confessions Part 2
Sixteen | Presentations and Disappointments
Seventeen | Thanksgiving Break
Eighteen | "Dude, That Was Close"
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Nineteen | Last Day of Break
Twenty | "Go Chill With Her"
Twenty-One | Trust
Twenty-Two | Get Her Back
A/N
Twenty-Three | Sneaky Business
Twenty-Four | Trapped
Twenty Five | "You Should've Been Here"
Twenty-Seven | Traveling
Twenty-Eight | Decisions
Twenty-Nine | Unfamiliar
Thirty | Psycho
Thirty-One | "Why Can't You Just Trust Me..."
Thirty-Two | "What's Going On..."
Thirty-Three | Want You Here
Thirty-Four | Dinner For Two
Sequel
ITS UP
REGARDING CHAPTER 11.

Twenty-Six | The Showcase

9.8K 469 60
By kxngjustin

First off, I wanna say thank you so so so much for 10k reads. I wasn't expecting this story to go that far. You guys are way past amazing.
_________________________

Justin's POV

Today was it.

Today was the showcase. I couldn't even begin to describe how nervous I was feeling. Especially when there were people in the crowd watching me. I couldn't mess up.

My mom was also here. She was some where in the crowd and I couldn't go see her until the performance was over. That's what Wagner told me.

It still hurts to know that Dana wasn't going to be on this stage with me.

She said she wouldn't.

Of course I didn't believe her. She's said it countless times before but this time she was serious. Plus, she didn't exactly recover from the marks and bruises on her face and neck.

"Justin may I speak with you for a quick second?" Wagner was tapping my shoulder.

I turn to face her and she has a stern look on her face.

I already know what this is about.

"After what happened to Mark, I shouldn't be letting you perform today. Do you know how bad you hurt him?"

I clear my throat and bite my lip to keep from smiling. "Uh, yes ma'am. I am very aware of how bad he got his a---, I mean, he got hurt."

"Professor Rozland told me about your situation so I have no choice but to let you perform today."

"I appreciate it."

"Where's Dana? You guys will be up in about twenty minutes."

Looking down at my shoes I say quietly, "She um, she won't be performing with me."

"What?!" Wagner shrieks. "But you guys are my superstars. She has to be here! Go get her Justin."

"It's not that easy."

"What do you mean?"

"She doesn't want to see me ever again."

"Oh... I see. Well, I'll go try and talk to her after the show but, in the mean time I need you to get in your position because you'll be up sooner than you think."

Wagner was right.

Twenty minutes went by in almost no time. Whitney and Paul were coming to the end of their song as one of the stage crew members shoves a microphone in my hand. "You're up bud."

I needed Dana here with me. I needed her so bad it was almost unbearable.

"And now performing his original song called Die In Your Arms, here's one of my best students, Justin Bieber."

The crowd claps and the curtains slowly pull back, revealing the largest crowd I've ever seen.

Just perform how you would back at home.

I nod at my inside voice and wait for the music to start.

Then I start singing.

Halfway through the song I want to stop. I didn't want to take full credit for a song that both Dana and I wrote together. It just wasn't right. I wasn't even focused right now. How could I be when my baby girl didn't want anything to do with me?

The song comes to an end. I didn't even care that people were giving me a standing ovation. I didn't care that Professor Rozland was giving me two thumbs up in the crowd. I didn't even care that my mom was blowing me kisses. None of that mattered if Dana wasn't here taking it all in with me.

I quickly exit the stage and rush down the halls looking for Dana. I spot Ryan at a nearby water fountain, sipping water. He turns to walk away so I call him before he leaves.

"Hey Ryan!" I cup my hands around my mouth. "I need to talk to you!"

He spins around slowly and reveals widened eyes. "Dude, why are you yelling? There are people on stage performing."

I run up to him. "I don't care. Look, have you seen Dana?"

"Oh no. Again with you two?"

"Yep. I don't think I can change it this time either."

"Well what happened?"

"This prick in our music class hurt her. I mean she--"

Ryan leans forward as if he didn't understand what I said. "He what?"

"I'm surprised you haven't seen her yet. She has bruises on her neck and face."

"Where is he?" Maybe right now wasn't a good idea for me to have told Ryan that but, he needed to know. Especially because he's her best friend.

"I took care of him. I beat his ass really bad. He couldn't even perform today."

Ryan chuckles. "I guess its obvious now that I haven't seen her. I don't know, check her room."

Without hesitation I exit out of the music hall and head to Dana's building. Instead of knocking on her door this time, I twist the knob and as always it's unlocked.

"Dana can we please talk?" I speak.

She wasn't here.

Neither were her things.

Her bed was stripped of its familiar pink comforters, the walls were bare, and her closet was empty.

"Um, excuse sir you can't be in here." a short girl with cropped black hair had a clipboard in her hand and a polo shirt on that had the school's logo in it.

"My girlfriend lives here." I turn to her jamming my thumb over my shoulder.

"Oh." a confused look took over her as she looked down at the clipboard. "Are you talking about Beverly Jenkins or Dana Mendes?"

"Dana."

"Yeah, she moved out this morning."

~*~

"Justin where were you? Everyone was looking for you. You did an amazing job baby." My mom pulled me into a hug. "I missed you so much."

I missed my mom more than anyone could imagine but, I had other things on my mind. I honestly couldn't believe Dana left. I was still in utter shock.

My mom pulls back and looks in my eyes, her smile vanishing. "Honey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Yes, something is wrong. Talk to me. I haven't seen you in months."

I let out a huge sigh. "My girlfriend left."

"Your girlfriend. You never told me about a girl." mom smiles.

"That's because I was waiting until now. I wanted you to meet her but she went back home. It's all my fault. I'm so stupid." I felt my throat closing and my eyes water but, I try to fight it. I don't cry. Ever. "I should've been there."

"Been where?" moms rubbing my back.

I shake my head. "It's a long story and I just--- I don't want to talk about it."

She nods understandingly. "That's fine."

"You know what? Let's just go home. Let's just go back to Canada and forget we ever came to this dumb ass country."

"Justin, language."

"No, mom I don't care. Let's just go. I'll go pack my bags and we'll be out of here in---"

"Justin stop. You're letting your anger get to you."

"And it's all her fault!" I yell. My voice echoed through the music hall but I didn't care. "She's putting me through shit I've never experienced! Gosh mom, she's so stuck up. She wants the world handed to her and you know what? I can't give it to her. I'm not enough for Dana. So, I want to leave so I won't see her again. Ever."

"You love her." mom says softly.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What? Don't be stupid. I don't love her at all. In fact, I'm starting to think I hate her."

"You don't mean that, trust me."

"Whatever. Let's leave."

"Doesn't your music career mean anything to you? Weren't you the one who told me you wanted to come to the U.S. to have better opportunities? Justin you're so close to your dream. Are you sure you want to just throw it all away because of this girl?"

I pause a few seconds before speaking. "I'm sure."

_________________________________

VOTE VOTE VOTE! 💜💜💜 -N.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 624 35
College freshman Kyah Edwards is guaranteed to be popular when she enters university thanks to her brothers. Two of them are seniors & the 'it bad bo...
4.5K 120 38
You see, it all happened on a library. Mia always gets herself into trouble because of her cocky and sarcastic attitude. So when Jason MCcann presen...
119 1 11
I love but I hate you too I saw everything I saw the look in your eye it's ironic though you're the one that messed up cause when you screwed him you...
252K 7.2K 34
He was going to marry the love of his life. He had been waiting for it for so long. But she came across She was his soon-to-be-wife's sister She flip...