The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises

As I Lay Dying

6.4K 133 10
By slRose18qn

Hey guys,

So I've spent the last couple of weeks updating this book and re-posting it back for you guys. 

For those that have read this before  I took it down, you may have noticed I have changed some of the plotting. I did that because the original version just somehow didn't make any sense. It was like... "Why did I do that?" 

But now that I went over it, it's slowly making sense. I know that by doing so may have mismatched with the second book in some areas but I did my best to get it work.

If it doesn't I will slowly fix it. 

But don't worry! 

I won't take it don't like I did with this one. I will finish writing it and leave it up and fix them behind the scene. So don't worry.

I know some of you guys are hoping I would hurry up and update the other two books already. And I will. 

I'll be working on them as soon as I'm finished here.

So enjoy and please leave a comment.

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Damon's POV

It's been about two days since the ritual... and I was dying. It was only a matter of time before I had to tell Laura the bad news. But how could I break her heart when she just lost two people in her life.

Laura was asleep in my arms as I laid next to her in her bed. She asked me to stay, so I did. She was sleeping soundly when I started feeling pain in my arm.

I bit my lip and endured the pain because I didn't want to wake her up. I carefully pulled my arm away from under her head. I lightly brushed the back of my hand on her soft cheek.

"I love you." I said to her softly and kissed her lips.

"Goodbye."

I quietly slipped out of her bed and walked out of her house.

I went home and opened a bottle of scotch from the cabinet, I poured myself a glass and drank from it.

In my entire life, I loved only two women, both with the same faces. And only one truly loved me. Laura loved me in spite of everything I am and every awful thing I did, and this was how I was going to leave her.

I really am a terrible person.

From the moment I met her I have made her cry more times than I can count. I am always the source of her tears when all I ever want to do is make her happy.

But in the end, I couldn't.

I was feeling pain in my arm again, I rolled up my sleeve and looked at my werewolf bite. It was definitely getting worse. It meant I didn't have much time left.

I went up to the window and opened the curtains to let the sun shine upon my face. I drank the last of my scotch and set it down. I stood in front of the window and slowly took off my ring and dropped it on the floor.

I spread my arms out and let myself burn in the sunlight. It was painful but this was probably what I deserve.

Suddenly, Stefan came out of nowhere and pushed me out of the sunlight. He pushed me to the floor. "Get off of me." I tried to push him off but he vamped me to the wall.

"You're not doing this." He said. I rolled my eyes at him. "Just did."

Stefan vamped us to the hallway. "You know what happened to Rose, Stefan." I told him weakly. "I don't care." He glared and then vamped us down to the basement and threw me inside a cell.

"You're not dying today." He said and locked the door.

I rolled over and stared at him through the bars "What's the plan, Superman?" I asked. "I'm gonna find a way out of this." Stefan said like he was on a mission.

"Oh, right. A miracle cure. Good luck with that one." I said ironically.

"I got Bonnie looking for something, anything." He told me with hope. "Always the hero, Stefan." I sounded cynical.

Stefan looked at me desperately hoping that I would get on living enough for him to find me a cure we know doesn't exist.

He's my brother. And that's who he is.

"Just tell me goodbye, get it over with." I told him to give up but I started coughing. I rolled over and coughed hard in my throat to the point blood were in my hand.

"Lie still. Conserve your strength." Stefan told me before he left.

Elena's POV

There was a movie screening the town square and a lot of people were going, so I dragged Laura and Jeremy to watch it. We needed to get out of the house. Laura needed to get out of the house. I needed to.

In one night we lost everything. We lost Jenna... and we lost John.

No one in this town knew but us. It was hard.

I drove the three of us to the square and the placed was started to get filled so we had to find a good spot fast. Jeremy had been complaining the entire ride here and Laura was silently following us with a lifeless look.

I was really worried for her. She was like this when our parents' died. I just hope that being here could help cheer her up.

"You brought me to see a girl movie." Jeremy complained when he saw a bunch of women dressed up for this event.

"We had to get out of the house, Jer. This is our 3-hour distraction from reality." I said as we walked through the crowd and found an empty spot on the ground.

"Is that what we're doing?" He laughed a little cynically. "Pretending like our lives aren't screwed?" He wasn't showing it but I could tell he was trying to escape reality.

I grabbed his arm for him to look at me. "We need to do this, okay?"

He was quiet and I gave him one end of the picnic blanket to spread on the ground for us to sit on. "Breathe, eat, sleep, wake up, and do it all over again until one day, it's just not as hard anymore."

"Hey!"

I looked up to see the bubbly Caroline making her way over to us with a bright smile on her face holding two baskets in her hands. "There you guys are. Who's hungry?" She skipped over.

Caroline set the baskets down and Jeremy got back up to complain again. "Are we really doing this?" He asked.

"Yes, we are really doing this." Caroline looked at him like it was a choice we had. "We are going to take a page from Scarlett. We made it through the war." She said and sat down next to me.

"I know you guys went through hell, and my mom knows I am a vampire, so basically it's like Atlanta has burned. And yet, in spite of everything, we persevere." She raised her hand in the air all gung-ho.

I smiled at her positive attitude, it was really going to help us go through the day. I looked up to Jeremy hoping he would take this opportunity to start afresh.

"All right." He said finally giving in to our persistence and sat back down. "What are we eating?"

"Something good." Caroline said when I tossed him a wrapped in foil.

I realised Laura had been standing there for five minutes no talking to anybody so I called her. "Laura, you wanna come join us?" I asked her.

She snapped out of her daze and stared at me. "Um, I think I'm gonna go get us some drinks." She said.

"Oh, but we have drinks." Caroline told her.

Laura seemed out of it and I was honestly getting worried for her. I got up and walked over to her. "Laura, are you okay?" I asked her.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." She said which didn't seem convincing.

I took her hand and brought her over to join us on the ground and I watched her the whole day.

~ ~ ~

Stefan's POV

I called Bonnie and let her know about the situation with Damon and she was willing to help me. We met up at the old witch's house and we got down to business. She was lighting a candle on the floor and I squatted in front of her.

"I'm not sure this is going to work." She told me.

"You've done a séance before, right? Contacted Emily Bennett. Maybe one of the witches might know how to help Damon." I looked at her hopefully not giving up before I even try.

"Let's just hope they want to." Bonnie said and we both got up.

Bonnie closed her eyes and started to recite the spell to contact the witches. Seconds later the flames in the candles ignited and Bonnie suddenly stopped chanting.

"Bonnie? Bonnie?"

Bonnie opened her eyes again. "Emily." She said.

I was a little relieved that it was Emily who decided to talk to me but I was also afraid because she and Damon didn't exactly end on good terms the last time.

Bonnie's expression suddenly changed to a superior look of confidence. "Why have you come here, Stefan?" And that's when I knew I was speaking to Emily.

I need your help. I need to know if there's a spell that can heal a werewolf bite." I wasted no time and went straight to the point.

Emily responded slower than usual. "No. Nature ensures a balance to everything." She said but I could tell she was holding something back.

"Is that true...or are you just saying no because it's Damon?" I asked.

"Perhaps it is his time to die." Emily responded uncaringly but I refuse to accept it. "No. That's not balance. That's punishment." I told her.

Emily continued to look down on me, tormenting me with what she knew. "I will not give you what you want." She said.

"So you're saying that there's an answer to give?" I asked picking up on her slipped tongue. "Please, if you know something, just tell me. Help me save my brother."

Before I could get an answer of out Emily, Bonnie suddenly screamed in pain grabbing her head and fell to her knees. "Bonnie."

I quickly got on my knees to see if she was okay. "They don't want us here. They think I'm abusing their power." Bonnie told me.

"They know something. There's an answer. They just don't want to tell me." I said.

Bonnie breathed deeply and looked at me as though she knows something. "I heard them say a name." She said.

"What was it?" I asked her.

"Klaus."

~ ~ ~

I heard Elena and Laura were in the town square for the movie screening so I came there as well and I found them hiding in the crowd. I could see Elena, Jeremy and Caroline but I couldn't see Laura with them.

As I approached them Elena saw me and smiled. "Hey! Look who couldn't resist an epic romance." She said.

"You love I love an epic romance." I said and squatted down in front of her. "Where's Laura?" I asked them.

Caroline was eating a sliced apple and pointed to the side. "She's over there." She said and I followed her direction and found Laura sitting on a bench alone in a daze.

"She's been like that for the past two days now. I'm worried about her, Stefan." Elena looked at me with concern for her sister.

I pat her hand lightly and smiled. "I'll go talk to her." I said and got up.

Laura's POV

I walked away from the picnic so I could have some space. It was suffocating, I felt like I couldn't breathe. Elena's been helping me get past our loss and I've been trying. It's just not easy to move on within a day and pretend everything was okay.

I woke up this morning and didn't see Damon next to me. It would have been nice to see his face first thing in the morning.

I've been having this feeling ever since the ritual. Damon's been acting strange, it was like he was hiding something from me. Whenever I asked him about it he would tell me everything was okay.

But I know there's something wrong.

I pulled out my phone and tried to call him but I reached his voicemail. I waited for the beep before I left him a message.

"Hey, Damon... I, uh, didn't see you this morning and well... I'm here with Elena in the town square pretending nothing's wrong with our life but... I really can't do this. I really need you. Okay? So call me?"

I ended the call and let out my breath.

"Hey."

I looked up and saw Stefan coming up to me. "Hey." I responded softly. "How are you feeling?" He asked and sat down next to me. I looked at the ground. "I'm managing." I told him.

"Elena's worried about you." He told me and I looked at her. "I know."

I let out a heavy sigh. "I just can't do what's she's doing. Pretend like none of it happened." I said.

"People are different. It's not expected of you to act the same just because you guys are twins." Stefan looked at me. "Well, at least someone is smart enough to figure that out." I said.

I've been having people say to us that we were so different despite the fact we were twins. Just because we are, doesn't mean we have to identical to each other in everything.

I was holding onto my phone just staring at the screen hoping I would get a call from Damon. But there was nothing.

"Have you been trying to call Damon?" Stefan asked when he noticed I was fidgeting with my phone. "He hasn't been returning my calls. I feel like he's hiding something from me." I told him.

I looked at him hoping Stefan might tell me what's going on with Damon. "Do you know what's wrong with him?" I asked.

Stefan looked at me as though he knows something. "Listen, um, the other night when Damon was helping Tyler, something happened." He said getting me to look at him concerned.

"Tyler was starting to transform, and Damon was bitten." He said and I shot my eyes wide open. "What? Is it... is he gonna..."

"Yeah." Stefan nodded and dropped his head.

"Why didn't he tell me?" My heart started to hurt when I heard Damon was dying and I didn't know about it.

"He didn't want to let you know. He doesn't want you to grieve over his death once he's gone."

"It doesn't make a difference if I find out before or after he's dead." I stared at him upset that Damon would hide this from me. "Where is he?" I asked him.

"I locked him in the cell when he tried to burn himself in the sun." Stefan told me and I look at him shocked. "Wh-why would he do that?" I exclaimed.

"Because he can't stand the pain any longer. He's dying, Laura and he's trying to go faster so he doesn't suffer anymore." Stefan told me.

My heart started to hurt more.

"I want to see him." I said trying to hold back the tears.

"No. Laura, it's too dangerous for you to go see him." Stefan said grabbing my shoulder to stop me from leaving. "Soon he's going to start hallucinating and start seeing the things he doesn't want to see. You have to stay away from him." He told me.

"But he's dying, he needs me." I looked at him desperately.

"Laura, please." Stefan looked at me with a serious look. "Just give me time to find him a cure." He said.

"You know where to get the cure?" I asked looking at him hopefully. "I don't know if there is one but Bonnie asked the witches for information and they told us Klaus is the answer." Stefan told me.

"Klaus?"

Stefan nodded. "I'm going to see if I can ask for his help." He said but I was already doubtful of the idea. "Do you really think Klaus is going to help us?" I asked him.

Stefan shrugged. "We don't have a choice, Laura. It's Damon." He said.

I nod my head to understand it was the only option we had. "What can I do?" I asked him. "For now, I need you to stay here..."

I was about to protest when Stefan grabbed my shoulder again. "I need you to stay here with Elena and make sure she doesn't know where I'm going. If she finds out I'm going to see Klaus, she'll want to come with. Klaus can't know she's still alive." He told me.

I slowly nod my head. "Okay. Call me if anything happens."

~ ~ ~

Third Person's POV

Damon was still locked in his cell thinking how he wanted to spend his last moments with Laura. He was growing weaker and the hallucinations were starting to kick in.

~ ~ ~ Hallucination ~ ~ ~

Damon was walking the house when he noticed Katherine bedroom door was opened. He peeked inside and found her by the dresser, he was mesmerised by her stunning beauty.

"Mr. Salvatore, spying on a lady is a sign of very poor manners." Katherine spoke up when she sensed his eyes drooling all over her.

Being caught in the act, Damon quickly turned his head away and cleared his throat. "My apologies Miss Katherine." He said taking small steps into her room.

"But since you are here, my corset strings seem to be knotted." Katherine turned her body from the mirror and faced him. "I wonder if you can undo them."

Damon smiled at such an opportunity. "Of course."

She moved over to the full body size mirror and stood in front of it. Damon came up and brushed her curls to the side and touches her skin.

"Will you miss me while off defending the South?" Katherine asked staring at him through the mirror seductively.

"I shall." Damon whispered.

"Then I hope you will hurry back. I fear I will be lonely with you away." She said stroking his hand that's been all over her. "I would think Stefan should be company enough." Damon said with jealousy.

Displeased to hear so, Katherine turned her body to face him. "Is it so wrong for me to want you both?" She said so selfishly.

"Damon."

Damon turned around to the voice to see Laura standing by the door with a sad look at him.

"Laura?"

"Don't you see? She was toying with you. Stefan too. All you had to do was say 'no'." Laura told him. "You had a choice."

Katherine touched his cheek and made him divert his gaze from Laura. "Promise me that you will return quickly."

"I promise." He nodded.

"No!" Laura pulled him back to meet her eyes. "Promise me you will not fall into this again." Damon looked at her confused as to what he should do.

Laura stroked the side of his face. "Come back to me, Damon. I love you."

~ ~ ~ Reality ~ ~ ~

Damon regained his senses to see that he was facing the wooden door of his cell. He rolled up his sleeve to see that the bite mark had got worse.

He was running out of time.

Laura's POV

I was sitting with Elena, Bonnie, Caroline and Jeremy watching the movie but I was too concerned about Damon to even concentrate on the movie.

Elena tapped my arm making me jump a little because I was distracted. "Hey, you okay?" She asked. "Yeah, fine." I told her.

"All this waiting around for news is ruining Scarlett for me." Caroline whispered.

Jeremy's phone starts ringing and he answered it. " Alaric. Hey." He said then he looked at me. "Yeah, she here with me."

I frown at him. Does it have anything to do with Damon?

"Okay. Got it." Jeremy said and got up. "We need to get you somewhere safe." He told me. "Why? What's going on?" Elena asked.

I got up and grabbed Jeremy's arm. "Is it Damon? How is he?" I asked.

"Damon escaped and the cops are after him. We have to get you out of here." Jeremy said and tried to get me to leave. "No, Damon's sick. I have to find him." I said.

"What do you mean?" Elena asked.

I turned to her looking as though I was about to cry. "Damon's dying. Tyler bit him and now he's dying." I told her.

"What?" She seemed surprised.

"We have to find him." I said and I quickly ran off to find Damon before the Sheriff does.

~ ~ ~

Third Person's POV

Laura was running around trying to find Damon but she couldn't find him anywhere. She was starting to regret why she didn't pick up on it sooner.

Why hadn't I realised Damon was dying? She thought.

"Laura."

Laura turned around and found Damon standing right in front of her, he was pale and sweating. He was just happy he had found her but his mind was clear.

"Damon. Oh my god." She ran up to him and wrapped her arms around him. "How could you not tell me you were dying?" She cried.

Damon slowly put his hands on her waist. "I'm sorry." He apologised.

Laura pulled away from realised people were still looking for him. "Come on. We have to get you out of here." She said and dragged him away from the crowd.

"Where are we going?" Damon asked just when the hallucination started again.

~ ~ ~ Hallucination ~ ~ ~

Damon was chasing Katherine through the dark woods holding onto a lit torch. "Everywhere!" Katherine said spreading her arms as she ran from him.

"Wait for me. I want to come with you." He said when he tripped and stumbled on his feet.

~ ~ ~ Reality ~ ~ ~

Damon tripped prompting Laura to help him.

~ ~ ~ Hallucination ~ ~ ~

Damon regained his footing and pinned Katherine to the tree.

~ ~ ~ Reality ~ ~ ~

Laura looked at him worriedly. "Damon, I know you're tired but we need to get you out of here." She said carefully looking around for any deputies.

Damon was staring at her deeply when he suddenly pushed her against the lamp post with his strength. Laura winced at the pain.

~ ~ ~ Hallucination ~ ~ ~

"You're faster than I thought." Katherine looked at him amazed. "Why must you always run from me?" He asked touching her cheek.

"Because I know that you will chase." She said with a smirk.

Damon looked at her with eyes of obsession. "Then let me chase you forever. Feed me your blood." He pleaded.

"I will not feed you, Damon. If you want it, take it." Katherine said taking out a hairpin from her hair and cut her neck with it.

"It's your choice to make."

~ ~ ~ Reality ~ ~ ~

Damon stared hungrily at Laura's neck. "I choose you, Katherine." He said. Laura touched his face to get him to look at her properly. "Hey, look at me. It's Laura."

Damon looked in her eyes still believing the person in front of him was Katherine. "It's Laura."

~ ~ ~ Hallucination ~ ~ ~

"Promise me you will not tell my brother." Damon stared desperately into Katherine's eyes. Katherine smiled. "I promise. It'll be our little secret."

He leaned towards her neck.

~ ~ ~ Reality ~ ~ ~

Damon leaned in towards Laura's neck staring at it with uncontrollable hunger. Laura sensed he what he was going to do and tried to stop him. "No. Damon. Stop." She struggled to push him off

Damon's face shifted. "I have to... if we are to be together forever." He sank his fangs into her skin and started to drink her blood.

Laura winced at the pain he was giving her and continued to struggle with him. "Damon, stop it. You're hurting me." Despite her plea for him to stop Damon couldn't hear her.

Laura tried to pull him off but he held her tightly. "Damon, please stop. You're hurting me!" She yelled.

Her voice finally reached him and Damon finally regained his senses to pull away from her. She covered her wound and let out her breath when he was himself again.

"Laura?"

Damon dropped to his knees in despair and he stared at her in horror when he realised what he had done. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." He said repeatedly with regret.

"Damon.... Damon." Laura went down to check on him and Damon slowly collapsed in her arms. "No, Damon. Please."

"Laura!"

She looked up and saw her sister running to her. She was shocked to see blood on her. "Oh my god. What happened."

"Elena, I need your help. We need to get him out of here." Laura told her ignoring her worries.

"Okay." Elena nodded and helped her take Damon away.

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

After bringing Damon home with much difficulty we put him in his bed to rest. He was pale and weak, it broke my heart to see him like this. I was holding onto a wet towel and used it to wipe his sweat and any blood on him.

Just then Damon slowly regained his consciousness and stared at me with his weak eyes. "Laura." He whispered.

I smiled at him when he finally woke up. "Hey. You really scared me back there." I said. "You shouldn't be here. I could really hurt you." He winced in pain.

I shook my head and took his hand in mine. "I'm not leaving you." I said.

"Get out of here." Damon yelled at me and coughed in antagonising pain. Just watching him suffer like this made my heart ached even more.

"No." I refused to leave his side.

"I don't want to hurt you." Damon said with much pain. "The only thing you can do to hurt me... is to tell me to leave." I told him with tears in my eyes.

Damon stared at me for a while before started coughing again. I quickly climbed into his bed and wrapped him in my arms. "You're going to be okay, Damon." I told him softly.

"All those years, I've blamed Stefan." He said and I frown at him. Was he hallucinating again? "No one forced me to love her. It was my own choice."

Was he talking about Katherine?

"I made the wrong choice. You tell Stefan I'm sorry. Okay?" Damon looked up at me hoping I would relay the message to him.

"You can tell him yourself when he comes back." I told him refusing to give up hope. "He won't be back in time because I'm dying." He said.

I wrapped him in my arms tightly. "Don't say that. You have to hang on, just a little longer. Stefan will be back with the cure soon." I told him with hope.

I touched his face and made him look at me. "So please, try to stay with me." I told him.

At this moment Elena came into the room with a worried look. "I tried calling Stefan but he's not answering me." She said.

"Stefan said he was going to find a cure." I told her. "Do you know where he'd be?" She asked.

"He didn't say." I lied because Stefan asked me not to tell her for her own good.

~ ~ ~

I lied in bed with Damon with my head on his chest listening to the sound of his heart beating... and beating... and beating. He was definitely growing weaker and I was scared there wasn't much time left.

I started to remember the time I first met Damon, it was definitely not under the best impression but I remembered how I fell for him instantly.

"What are you thinking about?" Damon asked weakly.

I took a deep breath and smiled. "I was thinking about the time you and I first met, you snuck up on me and pretended to be a good brother of Stefan's. It was under a good impression but I still couldn't get you out of my mind." I told him.

"Then you'll probably be mad at me if I told you the truth." Damon said. I sat up and looked at him. "What?"

"You and I actually met differently." He told me and I was confused by what he meant. Damon opened his eyes and stared at me weakly.

"There. That look in your eyes. That's the look you had when we first me." He said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked when I still didn't understand what he was saying. Was he hallucinating again?

Damon was about to tell me when he started coughing again. "Damon. Damon!" He was jerking his body and coughing up blood all over the blanket.

"Oh my god."

Damon was coughing up too much blood I didn't know what I had to do and Stefan still hasn't come back yet. "Damon, just hang in there. Stefan will be home soon." I told him.

I rubbed Damon's back and he slowly felt better and stopped coughing. He slumped back on his pillow and closed his eyes. "Damon... can you hear me?" I asked.

"... Yeah." He responded weakly and I let out a relief.

I was scared to letting his sleep because I was afraid he might not wake up again.

~ ~ ~

I stepped out of the room to call Stefan but he wasn't answering my calls. So I left him another voice message. "Hey, Stefan. I know this is my third call but Damon he's... he's not getting any better and I'm scared, Stefan. So please. Tell me what's going on." I told him.

I ended the message with much frustration. I walk back to Damon's room but stayed behind the door. Elena was tending to him right now while I went to call Stefan.

Damon was weak and he wasn't getting any better. He can't wait any longer. I have to do something.

Stefan's been gone all day and he hasn't called us. I was worried that something might have happened; Klaus probably wasn't going to give him information about the cure that easily.

I have to get down there, I thought.

I walked in and went up to Damon's bed. "How are you feeling?" I asked him. "Couldn't be better." He lied. I gave him a sad and painful look.

I tapped Elena on the shoulder and nod my head towards the door so I could talk privately with her.

"Just rest for now, okay?" I told Damon and went outside the room with Elena.

Once we were in the hallway and out of Damon's hearing range, I turned around to Elena. "What is it?" She asked sensing seriousness in my behaviour.

"I need you to take care of Damon for me." I told her.

Elena looked at me confused. "Wait. Where are you going?" She asked me. "I can't just sit here and wait for him to die. I'm going to find the cure." I told her.

I tried to leave when Elena held me back. "The cure? Where are you going to find it?" She asked.

I couldn't tell her where I was going without telling her I was going to Klaus. "I have a feeling I know where it is." I told her vaguely.

"Just take care of Damon for me." I grabbed her arm with a trustful look until she finally nodded. "I'll be back soon." I said and left.

~ ~ ~

I drove to Alaric's apartment because I had a feeling Klaus would return here and where I might find Stefan. I climbed the stairs to his floor and went up to his apartment no. I walked up there with heavy footsteps before I hesitated to even open the door.

Before I could reach the doorknob the door opened itself and the person standing there was Katherine. "Look who's here to join us." She smirked.

I entered the room and was horrified by what I saw. Stefan was on the floor with emptied blood bags scattered around him. He looked at me with a petrified look at that I saw him in such a state with blood all over his face.

"Stefan."

"Laura, are you doing here? You need to leave!" He yelled at me.

Just then Klaus vamped towards me making me flinch at his sudden closeness. "Ah, Laura. Nice to see you again." He smirked. "I assumed your boyfriend rescued you the other day considering the pile of dead bodies he left behind."

I was shaking under his presence I almost tripped on own feet when I noticed a body next. It was Elijah and he had a dagger in his heart. I stared at him surprised.

"Yes, you'll have to excuse the mess. I'll have Elijah removed in a minute once I've settled a score with Stefan." Klaus said when he noticed my horrified look.

"So, what brings you here, love?" He asked walking back to the table. "Stefan told me you know about a cure for a werewolf bite." I said looking at Klaus.

"Ah, yes. Stefan's already told me about it and I've already shown him." Klaus smiled with a meaningful look.

I could already tell it wasn't good from the way he was looking. "My blood is the only cure to a werewolf bite." Klaus said and I stared at him shocked. "What?"

"If you don't believe me you can ask Stefan yourself." He gestured to Stefan on the floor. I looked at him with a look that says 'please tell me it's not true'.

"It's true." Stefan replied.

That explained why it was taking him this long to get back.

"Stefan spent the entire day trying to get into my favour for the cure, that's why I said I'll give him the cure if he pledges his allegiance to me." Klaus walked around the room.

Stefan hung his head low in shame. "Why are you doing this to him?" I said softly staring at him with a sad look.

Klaus came up to me. "Because the way he is now is useless to me." I stared at him as if he was a monster for doing this to Stefan.

No. He was a devil.

Klaus turned back to Stefan and threw a blood bag in front of him. "Again." He demanded. "No more." Stefan refused and threw the blood bag away. "Not until you give me the cure."

"Not until we make a deal. It's your choice, Stefan." Klaus squatted down in front of him. "You can either remain here living your life in Mystic Falls, or you can embrace what you truly are, leave town with me, and save your brother's life."

Klaus picked up the blood bag and gave it back to him, Stefan was conflicted, he didn't want to drink anymore but if he didn't Klaus wasn't going to give us the cure.

Leaving him without a choice, Stefan snatched the blood bag away and started to drink it vigorously. I couldn't stand to see Stefan be tortured like this, I ran over and snatched the blood bag from him.

"Stefan, stop it. You've had enough." I told him.

Klaus angrily grabbed me by the throat for interfering and he glared at me with a threatening look. "No! Let her go. I'll finish it." Stefan said desperately when he saw that I was being threatened.

Klaus ignored him and continued to glare at me. "This is a deal between Stefan and me. You should just sit back and be quiet." He warned.

"Then make a deal with me." I said grabbing his hand to free myself.

Klaus looked at me with intrigue and smirked. "I'll do anything you want just give me the cure and stop doing this to Stefan." I told him with a pleading look and he finally let me go.

Klaus got up and walked away and Stefan rushed over to see if I was okay." No, Laura. What are you doing?" He looked at me with a wide look.

"I couldn't just watch him do this to you." I told him.

"Now things are getting interesting." Klaus and we both looked up at him. "Fine, I'm more than happy to strike a deal with you, love." He smiled at me.

I breathed deeply before I walked up to him. "What do you want me to do?" I asked ready to face any consequences.

"Simple, I want you to leave Mystic Falls with me." He said. I frown at his simple request. "That is?" I stared at him suspiciously.

"Yes, it's that simple." Klaus said.

It can't be that's all there is to it. He must be planning something devious.

"Rest assured, love. I have no ill intentions. I just want someone to accompany me on my journey. That's all." He said but I still couldn't completely trust him.

Klaus walked around the table and stood close to me. "Do we have a deal?" Stefan quickly got up and stood by my side. "Laura, you don't have to do this."

"Deal." I accepted without a second thought.

If I could save Damon then I'll do anything for him.

"No, Laura." Stefan said.

Klaus smirked greatly satisfied with my choice. "Well then, I'm glad that's settled although I was expecting you to put up a fight." He said.

There was time to argue with him, the quicker I make a deal with him the faster I could obtain the cure for Damon.

"So now you'll let Stefan go?" I asked him hopefully. "Not a chance, love." Klaus told me and frown at him.

"We made a deal." I protested that he would go back on his word. "I made a deal with you I never said I would let Stefan go." He told me.

I was fooled.

I looked at Stefan in shock. Stefan put his hand on my shoulder and looked at Klaus. "How 'bout you stop screwing with us and give us the cure already."

Klaus smirked at our demanding behaviour. "You two are here for Damon. He is both a brother and lover, so this deal applies to you both." He leaned over the table and stared at us.

"If you want to save him all you have to do is finish that blood bag over there and this is yours." Klaus showed us a small vial with his blood in it.

Stefan and I exchanged looks before he went and picked up the half-empty blood bag on the floor. He glared at Klaus as he finished the bag.

"Now, I'm satisfied." Klaus said and I turn back to him.

He held out the vial to me and I went to take it from him when he pulled away. "Give it me." I told him rudely. "How can I be so sure you'll return to me if I let you go with the cure?" He looked at me with doubt.

"You have my word." I told him.

Klaus smiled. "Hmm. I have a better idea." He said and went over to Katherine who has been sitting quietly in her chair all this time.

"Sweetheart..." Klaus grabbed her neck and pulled her up to meet his eyes. "Take this over to Damon and come right back." He compelled her.

I shot my eyes wide at him. He's getting her to deliver something important as this to Damon?

Stefan stopped drinking and stared at them in shock. "No!"

"You want me to leave?" Katherine had a grin on her face when she was given the chance to leave this apartment. "Yes and if I were you..."

Katherine took the vial and vamped out of the apartment. "No!" I tried to stop her but it was too late. Katherine was already gone.

"... I'd hurry."

I tried to run after her when Klaus grabbed me and pulled me back into the apartment. "Not so fast!"

"No, she'll never take it to him!" I yelled and tried to get out of his hold but Klaus pinned me to the wall locking both my hands to my side.

"Oh, I'm sure she will." Klaus smirked.

I stared at him gritting my teeth as I struggle to get out of his grasp.

Third Person's POV

At Laura's request, Elena stayed with the sickly Damon at his deathbed wiping his forehead with a wet towel. "This is even more pitiful than I thought." Damon said.

"There's still hope." Elena told him to hang in there. She looked up at the door just hoping that Laura or Stefan would walk through that door with the cure.

"I've made a lot of choices that have gotten me here. I deserve this. I deserve to die." Damon said demeaning his own life's purpose.

Elena furrowed her brow think why would he speak of himself like this. It wasn't like Damon. But then again, he was dying. She lied down next to him and faced him. "No. You don't." She said.

"I do, Elena. It's okay." Damon said smiling weakly. "Cause if I'd have chosen differently, I wouldn't have met Laura. Tell her I'm sorry. I've done so many things to hurt her." He said wanting to relay the message to her.

Elena was silent not knowing what she should say to make him feel better. "You should probably wait until Laura gets home to tell her that yourself." She told him.

Damon smiled for a moment when his hallucinations acted up again. Through his eyes, Elena was Laura and he became captivated by her like the first time he met her.

"I... love... you. Laura."

Feeling sad for Damon, who was missing Laura in his final moments, Elena allowed herself to be her sister to give him a beautiful memory before he dies. She took his hand and lied down next to him with her head rested on his chest.

"I love you and I will always love you. Just know that. Okay?" Damon continued to profess his love but sadly Laura wasn't there to hear it.

Elena had tears in her eyes and nod her head in his chest. "I do." She said. "You should have met me in 1864. You would have liked me." Damon said.

Elena raised her head and looked at him. "I like you now. Just the way you are." She said.

Damon closed his eyes about to fall into a deep sleep in which he may never wake up again. Elena wished for him to go peacefully with a beautiful memory so she kissed him.

Damon opened his eyes regaining from his hallucinations and realised it was Elena who had given him a kiss. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Well, it's me you should be thanking. I mean, I'm the one who brought the cure." Katherine appeared at the door holding up the vial Klaus had given her.

Elena turns her head in surprise and immediately removed herself from his bed.

Katherine entered the room and stared at Elena. "I thought you were dead." She expressed her disappointment.

"I was." Elena responded.

"You got free." Damon looked at her wearily. "Yep. Finally." Katherine mumbled as she sat down next to him and feed him the cure. "And you still came here?" He asked her.

Katherine touched his face. "I owed you one." She tapped his face and got.

Elena was confused why Katherine had brought him the cure and Laura and Stefan still hasn't come back yet. "Where's Stefan and Laura?" She asked.

Katherine turned to her with a meaningful look. "Are you sure you care?" She asked.

"Where are they?" Elena demanded.

"They're paying for this." Katherine showed her the vial. "They gave themselves over to Klaus. I wouldn't expect them any time soon." She told her.

Elena looked at her confused. "What do you mean, "they gave themselves over"?" She asked.

Katherine shrugged. "They sacrificed everything to save Damon which inevitably meant leaving the two of you behind." She explained.

Damon and Elena were stunned by the news, they couldn't believe the two people closest to them in the world would do this.

"It's a good thing you two have each other to keep each other company." Katherine smirked looking at the both of them, hinting the fact she saw what had happened between them.

"Goodbye, Elena."

Katherine threw her the vial and disappeared from their sight.

Damon was slowly regaining his strength after taking the cure, he sat up and stared at Elena who was just as shocked as he was.

Laura's POV

Since I made a deal with the devil I had to say goodbye to the town I grew up in. I wasn't sure if I was ever coming back so I was staring at our small town in the darkness. Klaus had brought us to a warehouse, Stefan was inside with him storing Elijah's body in a coffin.

I was standing outside waiting for them to finish whatever business they had. I couldn't take my mind off of Damon, just wondering if Katherine had any heart to bring him the cure.

I didn't even get to say goodbye.

"I brought Damon the cure and now he's okay." I turned around and faced Katherine. "I owed him one."

I stared at him slightly stunned. I checked if anyone was around but it was just us. Klaus was just inside. He could easily have sensed her here.

"You could have left. You're a bit bold for coming back." I told her.

Katherine smirked meaningfully. "I couldn't resist messing with you for one last time." She said. "If you're trying to tear me and Damon apart then don't bother trying. We've long past that." I told her.

"I don't have to. Somebody probably will." She said and I frown at her words. "But that's not why I'm here."

I stared at her suspiciously. "I'm here to tell you about Stefan." She said walking up to me. "What about Stefan?" I looked at her.

"Haven't you noticed the way he looks at you, how you're more to him than a friend?" She asked me. I furrow my brow at her. "What are you talking about?"

Katherine grinned widely touching a few strands of my hair. "Isn't it obvious? Stefan clearly has  feelings for you which he's not willing to admit." She said.

I stared at her slightly stunned but then I realised she must have said that to mess with me. Katherine was always just a good liar but I wasn't going to be fooled by her.

I started to laugh at her. "Nice try, Katherine. But I think you've lost your touch." I said.

"Fine, don't believe me, but don't say I didn't warn you first." Katherine said getting me to slowly believe everything she told me.

"You're wrong." I told her.

"Am I? Why don't you ask him yourself?" She walked up to me causing me to take away from her. "I'm sure Damon knows about it already, that's why he's always picking fights with Stefan because he was jealous."

I stared at her stunned. Damon knows about this?

"Leaving Mystic Falls with Klaus and Stefan, here your chance to find out whether I'm lying or not." Katherine said.

I was about to say something to her but she disappeared from my sight before I could. I realised why she had disappeared because if she had stayed another second longer she would have been discovered by Klaus' follower.

One of the vampires came up to me with a stern look. "Klaus wants you inside now." He told me with a loud and demanding voice. I did as I was told because I didn't want to be rough-handled.

I went inside to Stefan and Klaus and saw people were rolling Elijah's coffin into a trailer. Before the door was closed I counted three other coffins were lined up in there as well.

"Laura, there you are. Done saying goodbye to your home? We must be on our way then." Klaus said. "I'm all set. You're the one stalling." I stared at him with a look that says not to mess with me.

Klaus grinned at me. "Hmm. I'm growing to like you more and more." I divert my eyes from him boorishly.

"Are we done here? Can we go?" Stefan stood in front of me and blocked Klaus from my view.

"Not quite. You see, I have a gift for you." Klaus smirked and turned around gesturing with his hand. "Come here, sweetheart. Don't be afraid." A girl walked out from behind the crates trembling in fear as she walked up to him obediently.

Klaus grabbed the girl behind the neck and turned to Stefan. "See, I wanna make sure you honor our deal... That you'll be of use to me." His face shifted and bit into the girl's neck and she yelped in pain.

Klaus pulled away and looked at us with his yellow eyes. "I could have compelled her to behave, but a real ripper enjoys the hunt." He smiled and let the girl go, she started to run away screaming to escape.

Stefan was overwhelmed by her scent and was having trouble controlling himself. "No, Stefan. You don't have to do this. Fight it!" I said beside him.

Despite my efforts, Stefan disappeared from my side and chased after her. He vamped in front of her blocking her escape. His face shifted and he bit her neck and drained her blood.

I turned away from the scene because I couldn't stand watching Stefan tear through someone's throat in a horrid manner.

My phone started ringing in my pocket, it was a call from Damon. I wanted to hear his voice so bad but I knew if I did I wouldn't be able to stand to be apart from him. I turned off my phone.

Klaus smiled at me. "Wise choice." He said.

I looked at Stefan and the girl at his feet then turned back to Klaus. "Can we go now? It'll only be a matter of time before someone finds us." I told him.

"After you, love." Klaus stepped aside showing me a car waiting for us outside.

I divert my eyes from him with a cold look and walked up to the car. A vampire opened the door for us and I got in. When the door closed I stared at my home again before they drove off.

And I never looked back. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Okay guys, 

I finally did it! This is the last chapter of the first book! 

To find out what happens next please go to the second book which is already out. It's called 'The Unfaithful Love'. 

Here's a little summary to get you interested: 

>>>

For two months she was taken by the devil, she misses her home, her family, her friends. But mostly she misses him.

Damon Salvatore.

But in those two months, something has changed.

Returning back to Mystic Falls after learning Elena's the reason his hybrids are failing, Klaus is furious. But that's not all... he's not that only one infuriated.

Coming home Laura noticed a something strange going on between Elena and Damon. They are closer than ever. And she doesn't like it.

With the Originals Family revived, all Damon cares about is keeping Elena safe from their enemies.

How will Laura cope with Damon's betrayal?

Will she forgive both him and her sister?

More trouble stirs when Laura finds out about Stefan's feelings for her. And she is put under the pressure to choose between both brothers.

Stefan has been denying his love for her ever since her relationship with Damon started. But now that he accepted it he's not willing to give her up.

Her break up with Damon has devastated her. She's spiraling out of control. And in one night she's made the biggest mistake she could ever make, but she doesn't regret it.

>>>

I hope this is enough to get your interest and go read the book. 

Since I have finished re-editing and uploaded all the chapters to this book I can finally update the second book and my other story without any worry.

Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 5K 51
[Second Book to The Unveiling Truth] For two months she was taken by the devil, she misses her home, her family, her friends. But mostly she misses h...
91.3K 2.4K 49
What happens when Leah Gilbert returns to her town a little over a year after the death of her parents. Everything has been turned upside down. Vampi...
410K 11.2K 82
❛You will always be my almost love...❜ ❛Mind blown. Honestly, I haven't read a fanfic quite like this and I'm all here for it👏❜ ❛Thi...
187K 4.9K 22
(Y/n) Gilbert was one of the most outgoing people you could ever meet, but when her parents died in an accident things became very rough. What once w...