The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
As I Lay Dying

The Sun Also Rises

4.1K 110 10
By slRose18qn

The Sun Also Rises

Third Person's POV

Damon sat at the table staring at his werewolf bite he got from Tyler with a look of despair. Katherine was also hovering over him to stare at the lethal bite she's never come across before. "So that's what a werewolf bite looks like?" She asked.

"Yep." Was all Damon could reply to. "It's not that bad." She said.

"Will be." Damon said otherwise rolling down his sleeve to cover the bite and got up to leave. "So that's it? You're just... gonna die?" Katherine stared at him with concern.

"Well, that depends, you know anything about a cure?" Damon asked hopefully but Katherine shook her head.

"Me either."

Damon goes to get his jacket and put it on. His behaviour stuck to her as cold when he was just going to leave without saying anything goodbye to her. "145 years, no last goodbye." Katherine stared at him in disbelief.

"You don't get a goodbye." Damon said to her coldly and turned to leave when she vamped in front of him and put her hand on his chest. "Don't. Don't leave mad."

"Us ending on good terms is not exactly on my bucket list, Katherine." He dismissed her and attempted to leave again but Katherine stopped him.

"Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out. There was nothing I could do. I didn't have a choice." Katherine explained but it didn't make Damon any less angry with her.

"That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice." He snapped not taking any of her selfish excuses to heart.

"It was her or me. I chose her." Katherine responded selfishly.

"I helped you. You owed me. Now when Klaus dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch, and Laura's aunt dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins. How did that happen?"

"I didn't let love get in the way." Katherine said.

Damon knew Katherine has always been selfish and uncaring he didn't bother to spend anything minute arguing with her. "Enjoy an eternity alone, Katherine." He said and walked passed her.

Katherine slowly turned around to face him. "What are you going to do?" She asked. "I'm gonna offer myself as replacement to Klaus." Damon turned back.

"He won't take you. He saw your bite, he said your blood is impure." She told him pointing at his arm. "I'm sorry, Damon. But Jenna's dead and there's nothing you can do about it."

Damon didn't want to accept the situation because he knew what it would mean for Laura. She was going to lose another person she loves, she won't be able to take it.

"Where did Klaus take Laura?" Damon asked her.

"Why? What are you going to do?" She asked instead of answering his question. "Isn't it obvious? I'm gonna go save her." He said.

Katherine was angry at him for lying to her earlier. "You lied to me before, you gave Laura your blood. She was going to be the doppelganger for the ritual but then you fed her your blood. She got mad at you and that's why you tricked me into telling you where Caroline and Tyler were kept." She pieced everything together in a matter of seconds.

"Yes, I lied to you, Katherine. I manipulated you." Damon admitted without shame. "How does it feel to be manipulated?" He glared at her. She gritted her teeth at him for fooling her.

"Where is she?" Damon asked her again but harsher.

Katherine didn't want to tell him but felt she owed him one. "He took her to a warehouse three miles from here." She told him.

"Thank you." He said and left to go save Laura.

Laura's POV

"Where are you taking me?" I asked when Klaus dragged me to a warehouse out of town and shoved me into a room without any delicacy. "I need you to stay in this room until the ritual ends." He said.

What?

I thought he was going to use me in the ritual when he found out I had vampire blood in my system. "You're not taking me to the ritual?" I asked him confused.

"No." He replied and I frown at him. "It was never my plan to use you from the beginning. I have something else in store for you, my dear." Klaus smirked.

I felt a cold shiver crawl up my back as I hesitantly asked what he had planned for me. "What are you going to do with me?" I asked.

"You'll find out when I come back." Klaus walked out the room. "What did Jenna ever do to you?!" I yelled just when he was about to close the door.

"Nothing. This is punishment for Damon's meddling." He said.

I stare at him unbelievably. "I had Caroline Forbes and Tyler Lockwood in waiting when your boyfriend showed up and set them free." He said.

What? He was going to use Caroline and Tyler?

"Oh, don't give me that look. You can blame this on Damon." Klaus said walking back into the room. "Why are you doing this to us?" I asked him quietly.

Klaus tilted his head as he looked at me and grabbed my chin. "Because I'm just pure evil." He said.

I gritted my teeth as I glared at him. "Go to hell."

Klaus smirked at me before he walked back out the room and closed the door. I heard the door locked and ran up to it. "What are doing? Let me out!" I yelled through the small bar window.

"Make sure she stays in there." Klaus instructed his vampire underling who responded with a nod. "Klaus, let me out."

"Don't worry, love. I'll be back soon." He said and left.

~ ~ ~

I didn't know how long I was locked in here for but it wasn't long before I heard a noise outside. It sounded like a fight and then I heard someone calling my name.

"Laura!"

"Damon? Damon!" I quickly got up from the floor and ran to the door. "Damon! I'm in here!" I yelled louder for him to hear me.

"Sit back down!" The vampire that has been guarding me yelled into the cell. "Bite me." I told him.

"Damon!" I yelled again.

"Laura!"

Damon ran in and found me behind the door. The vampire quickly tried to attack him but Damon grabbed his throat and thrust his hand into his chest and ripped out his chest.

"Damon." I let out a relieved smile. "I got you." He came up to the door and ripped off the lock on the door. He opened the door for and I instantly ran into his chest.

"I got you." He said.

"How'd you find me?" I asked him amazed. He was already unconscious when Klaus took me. "I'll always find you." He said.

I smiled at him for coming to save me. "You're forgiven." I told him and he smiled.

"Come on, we don't have much time before the ritual starts." He told me. I quickly nod and follow him out of the warehouse.

Stefan's POV

Elijah, Alaric and I went through the woods towards the Old Witch House where Bonnie's been hiding for the last few days. Elijah was going through the plan one again just to be sure everyone knew what they were doing.

"The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets. First the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally the doppelgänger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become a hybrid." Elijah explained.

"So when do we attack?" Alaric asked getting Elijah to stop and face him.

"Elena's death will activate his dormant werewolf side. He'll be vulnerable during the transformation. That's when Bonnie come in." He answered.

"And you're sure Bonnie will survive this?" I questioned his judgment.

"If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself." He responded confidently.

At this moment my phone rang in my pocket getting a call from Damon. I walked away to answer his call. Damon told me Klaus kidnapped Laura so I was more concerned if he had saved her yet.

"Damon, have you found Laura yet?" I asked straight to the point. "Yes, don't worry. She's fine." He said giving me space to breathe.

I was afraid Klaus had learned she had blood in her system and was going to use her as the vampire in the ritual.

"But that's not why I called you. You're not going to like what I'm about to say." Damon said.

"Cut to the chase. Is the sacrifice happening or not?" I asked feeling nervous from the tone of his voice.

"It's happening. I tried to stop it, but it got... complicated." He said but his voice was a little wary. "We're sticking to the original plan. We're meeting Bonnie right now." I told him.

"He's got Jenna, Stefan." Damon told me. "What?"

"He got Katherine to lure her out of the house." Damon said.

I turned around to Alaric who was clueless about our conversation. "What is it? What's wrong?" he asked.

"He's going to use her as the vampire in the ritual."

"Oh, my god."

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

We got to the old witch house as fast as we could to meet up with everybody. Stefan was relieved to see me come out of the woods with Damon. "Laura. Thank god." He said and came up to hug me.

"Elena, is she...?" I looked at him hoping that in some way she's here. Stefan hung his head. "We'll save her right?" I asked him.

He nodded. "Bonnie in there right now trying to find a way." He told me.

I stare inside the house before I found Ric was standing outside looking depressed, he must have found out about Jenna. "Ric." I called to him.

He turned to me. "Laura, hey. You're okay." He said and came up to hug. "I'm so sorry." I said to him. "Yeah, me too." He said.

We pulled away and I realised Jeremy was around. "Where's Jeremy?" I asked him. Ric gestured inside the witch house. "He's with Bonnie."

"Does he know?" I asked him timidly and Ric shook his head. "I was waiting for you." He said. I nodded. "I don't even know how to tell him."

Ric nodded quietly. "...Yeah."

We both knew we had to tell Jeremy and so we mustered up the courage to go tell him the heartbreaking news. Ric and I went inside together and found Jeremy and Bonnie on the floor going through some grimoires.

Our footsteps caught their attention and looked up. "Laura, you're okay!" Bonnie jumped up and ran up to hug me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told her. Jeremy got up to hug me as well. "It's good to see you're safe." He said.

I managed a smile for him when I looked at Ric. I pulled out of his arms and looked at Bonnie. "Um, Bonnie, is it okay if we talk to Jeremy alone?" I asked for some privacy.

She noticed the look on my face and quickly understood to leave us alone. "Yeah, sure." She said and excused herself outside.

Jeremy looked at the both of us with a weird look. "What's going on?" He asked. I turned to Alaric when I found it hard to tell him. "It's about Jenna." Alaric told him.

"What about her?" Jeremy asked worriedly when he saw our faces. "Klaus is going to use aunt Jenna as the vampire in the ritual." I managed to say with much difficulty.

"But Jenna isn't..." Jeremy finally caught on and stared at us in shock. "Wait. So she's going to die?" He asked.

Neither of us could answer him. "No! We have to stop him." He protested. "We will. They're discussing it outside." I told him.

Jeremy looked like he couldn't sit around and let it happen, he wanted to storm out of here to do something. I grabbed his arm to get him to look at me.

"Jeremy, hey. Everything's going to be okay, I promise." I told him.

~ ~ ~

After I spoke to Jeremy and John came to us with the Gilbert journal for Bonnie, I went back outside to find out how we were going to save Jenna.

When I came outside I couldn't find Stefan anyway but I found Alaric talking to Damon. "Where's Stefan?" I asked them.

Alaric had a difficult look on his face, he looked like he had something to say but didn't know how to tell us. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Stefan's going to see Klaus and ask if he can..." Ric paused mid-sentence. "If he can what?" Damon asked agitatedly.

"...If he can take Jenna's place." Ric told us.

I shot my eyes wide open. "What?"

"He wasn't going to let Jenna die." Ric explained in his place. "So this was his solution?" I exclaimed. "To give himself to Klaus?"

Damon had a worse reaction than I had, he was frustrated by Stefan's selfless decision. "We have a witch. She kills Klaus. No one has to die!" He yelled.

"Except for Bonnie." Ric reminded.

"God, Stefan, damn it!" Damon gritted his teeth angrily and punched the wall with his strength.

Alaric and I stared at him shocked when his hand went through the wall. "Damon, are you okay?" I asked concerned.

Damon pulled his hand out of the wall. "I'm fine." He said calmly but I wasn't convinced. "Well, that's my brother for you. Always cleaning up my messes." He said and walked out.

Alaric and I exchanged looks as we watched him with concern as he left.

~ ~ ~

A moment later Jeremy came to us and asked if we could see them in the basement. So we met up with Bonnie and John and they had a serious look. "What's going on?" I asked.

"We found something in the Gilbert journals." Bonnie said.

"Johnathan journaled the story of a mother who called on Emily's services. The woman's baby was sick; dying. Emily cast a spell that would bind the woman's life force with her child." John explained.

I looked confused when he said binding. "What does that mean?" I asked him. "Well, the child died, but the mother's life force flowed through her, restoring her to life." He said.

I looked at him slightly surprised with hope. "Do that mean Elena can be saved?" I asked him hopefully.

"Yes." John nodded.

"You've got to be kidding me." Damon said looking at it skeptically. "You're going to put your faith in some act of god mumbo jumbo?"

"Damon." I gave him a stern look. He's been acting strange all night.

"I spent my entire life protecting Elena and Laura from vampires, you almost ruined Laura's life when you feed her your blood. Which in turn made Elena take her place." John glared at him as he boldly approached him.

"You can call that God or mystical energy, whatever you want, but yes... I'm putting my faith in it." He said and then he turned to Bonnie.

"Okay, then do it." I said and everything looked at me. "Do it now."

~ ~ ~

Bonnie was performing the spell with John and I was waiting for them at the door with Alaric. A moment later Damon and Bonnie came out of the basement once they were done. "We're ready." Bonnie looked at us.

They walked out the door first, Alaric and I followed them when there was a barrier trapping us inside the house.

"What the--!" I tried to get past the door again but it was impossible.

"Bonnie! What is this?" Ric asked her.

Bonnie looked at us with an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, Laura. But I can't put anyone else at risk." She said.

"We can't stay here with Jenna and Elena out there!" I protested with Alaric agreeing with me. "I'm sorry." Bonnie said.

"Damon!" I looked at him for support but he had the same look as Bonnie. "I'm sorry, Laura but she's right."

They both walked away with Elijah and didn't turn back. "No! You can't do this. Bonnie! Bonnie!" Alaric yelled at the top of his lungs as he tried to break through the barrier.

"Bonnie! Damon!"

Third Person's POV

Feeling weak and in pain, Stefan struggled to reach the stake that was still in his back when Klaus broke it off. He stared at Elena who was standing at the altar with Klaus getting ready to sacrifice her.

Elena stared at Stefan with tears in her eyes. Klaus grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him. "Thank you, Elena." He said ironically.

Elena glared at him for killing her aunt. "Go to hell."

Klaus smirked as he brushed her hair to the side and getting ready to bite her. Stefan was still on the ground struggling to get up but failed. Elena stared blankly as Klaus sank his fangs into her neck and started to drain her blood.

"No."

Stefan breathed heavily lying helplessly on the ground as he watched Klaus drink her blood till the point of her death. Elena's eyelids closed and Klaus finally released her and she fell to the ground unmoving.

Stefan closed his eyes in despair watching the life of his loved one drained away.

Klaus was beginning to feel the changes in his body once he had completed the ritual. "I can feel it. It's happening." He said and looked up at the full moon.

The moon was at its peak, his bones started to break as his transformation began. His eyes turned yellow like a werewolf and the veins started to spread.

"Yes, yes!" Klaus said with excitement.

In the midst of his transformation, Klaus was thrown through the air and flames ignited in the bowl in front of Greta. She was started but then heard and saw Bonnie coming down from the hillside chanting a spell.

Greta raised her hand to attack Bonnie but before she could recite the spell Damon snuck up on her and snapped her neck.

Klaus was screaming in agony from the pain inflicting spell Bonnie was chanting. "No! You were dead!" He stared in disbelief at the witch he thought was dead.

Damon carried Elena from the altar and brought her to Stefan who was still on the ground. He laid her next to his brother. "Elena." Stefan gently shook her but there was no response.

Damon went behind Stefan ripped out the stake left in his back, Stefan grunted at the pain but was glad it was finally out.

"I need you to get her out of here." Stefan turned to his brother. "What about you?" Damon asked.

Stefan looked at Bonnie who was still attacking Klaus. "I'm not leaving until he's dead. Go!" Damon understood what Stefan wanted and carried Elena back to the witch house.

Stefan got up and went up to Bonnie, she continued to chant the spell long enough for Elijah to come out of hiding. He walked up to Klaus with a little smirk playing on his face.

Klaus was surprised to see his brother. "Elijah?"

"Hello brother."

Elijah thrust his fist into Klaus' chest grabbing a hold of his heart. Klaus was taken by surprise by his brother's cruel act. He tried to open his mouth asking for his brother to spare him.

"In the name of our family, Niklaus..." Elijah said gripping onto his heart tightly ready to rip it out. "I didn't bury them at sea!" Klaus shouted stopping Elijah from ending him.

"What?" Elijah looked at him surprised.

"Their bodies are safe." Klaus confessed. "If you kill me, you'll never find them." He said getting Elijah to hesitate to finish him.

"Elijah. Don't listen to him." Stefan shook his head desperately hoping Elijah would keep his end of the deal.

But Elijah was still hesitating and looked at his brother who was begging him desperately. "I can take you to them. I give you my word... brother."

"Do it and I'll take you both out." Bonnie threatened and glared them both. "You'll die." Elijah looked at her.

"I don't care." She glared.

"Elijah, you made a deal with Laura. You're a man of honor, you can't break that." Stefan said to him.

Elijah was conflicted. He didn't know if he should honor his deal with Laura or break it this one time in hope to see his family again. He looked at Klaus before coming to a decision.

Elijah turned to Bonnie and Stefan who could already tell what he was going to do. "I'm sorry." He said.

"No!"

Stefan and Bonnie tried to stop him but Elijah grabbed Klaus and took off with Klaus leaving the both of them horrified at his betrayal.

~ ~ ~ Morning ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

It was already morning and they still haven't come back yet. I didn't know what was going on. I didn't know if Stefan or Jenna was dead or not. I didn't know if Elena was alive or not.

I felt like I was going to go insane if none of them came back.

There was just so much going on my mind I couldn't rest. So I read one of the Gilbert journals to pass time. And what I found changed everything.

I was staring outside with a blank look when Ric came up to me. "Hey, you okay?" He asked when I've been silent for hours.

I turned to him and showed him the journal I was reading, he took it and looked at the pages. "John didn't tell us the whole story. The woman died the moment her child came back to life." I told him.

Alaric was quiet as he read the journal. "John must have known when he brought it us." He said and I let out an angry breath.

"I hated him. For so many reasons." I told him. "Yeah, everybody did." He said putting his hands in his pocket as he stood next to me.

"He did it to protect us. He became the bad guy to protect us. And now... he's was going to die for us. For Elena." I said as I turn back towards the basement.

Alaric looked at me sympathetically. "So are you going to talk to him?" He asked.

I shrugged not knowing if I should. "I don't know what to say to him, Ric." I told him. "Well, if you don't you might end up regretting it later." He said.

Alaric was right. This could be my last chance to talk to John, there was still so much unresolved feelings I had against him.

At this moment John came out from the basement and looked at us. Alaric looked at me before he excused himself out of the leave to give us some space.

It was awkward between us, neither of us didn't know what we wanted to say to each other. I noticed John was holding onto a letter in his hand.

"What's that?" I asked.

"This is, uh, this is for you and Elena. Read this when you're alone." John said giving me the letter and his Gilbert ring. "Take care of each other, please." He walked passed.

I couldn't believe that was all I was getting from him. He was just going to leave, again? Just like that?

"Are you kidding me?" I turned around to him. John stopped before the door. "This is what we get after we're giving you another chance?" I stare at him in disbelief.

"You're not going to say anything? No 'I'm sorry I was a disappointment to you' or 'I'm sorry for leaving like this'?" I criticised him.

John stared at me surprised. "I read the journal, John. Nature doesn't let you bring someone back from the dead without finding a balance." I told him.

John was silent when I called him out. "Why?" I looked at him upset for some reason.

"I can't say goodbye to Elena because I won't have a chance to, and you... I didn't think you wanted to talk to me." He said.

"And you think that giving me this letter I would read it?" I held up the letter scrunching it in my hand a little. "No, if you have something to say then say it." I demanded from him.

"I didn't get to say goodbye to Mom and Dad because they were dead before I knew it. You're standing in front of me right now when you know you're about to die so why aren't you saying anything?" I yelled at him angrily with the tears in my eyes.

John looked at me quietly while I shedding tears in front of him.

He walked up to me. "I know I failed you and Elena in more ways than one. I can never make it up to the both of you." He said and I tried to keep myself to weeping anymore.

"When I heard Damon feed you his blood the first thing I did was going through all these journals just to find that spell to prevent you from becoming one." He said.

I stare at him surprised. "If it was you in that ritual I would have done the same thing to save you." John said.

"It probably doesn't mean anything to you but you are my daughter, Laura. I will protect you until my last breath." He said.

The depth of his love for us blocked the words from coming out of my mouth. I couldn't bring myself to speak as I stared at him speechlessly.

"I'm sorry, Laura. For everything." He said and quietly walked out the door.

My heart was hurting for some reason. Why was it hurting so much? I couldn't comprehend what this feeling was when I finally got it.

I rushed to the door and was able to get passed, the first thing I was did was...

"Dad."

I called out to him with tears falling down my cheek. John stopped and slowly turned back to me with a surprised look. "Dad." I said one more time.

John smiled when I called him dad for the first time and I immediately ran up to him. John came to me as well and wrapped me in his arms. I started to crying loudly when I finally accepted John to be my dad.

It was at this moment I realised how much John meant to me as family and how much I did love him.

At this moment we heard a noise coming out of the woods and turned to them. Damon was walking out of those woods with Elena in his arms. She was dead.

"Elena!"

I ran up to them and touched Elena's face, it was cold as ice, and there was blood on her neck with a bite mark. "Elena. Elena!" I shook her gently but she was unresponsive. "Let's get her inside." Damon told me.

He quickly carried inside and I followed him towards the sofa sitting in the room. Alaric and Jeremy heard us and rushed over. "How is she?" Jeremy asked staring Elena worriedly.

"We don't know yet." Damon replied and walked away when Alaric grabbed him. "Where's Jenna?" He asked desperately.

Damon didn't respond but looked away letting us know the worst has happened. "No." Ric said in shock and despair.

Damon looked at Jeremy and I. "I'm sorry." He said and the tears started again. "Jenna." I whispered in despair.

I was sitting next to Elena waiting for her to wake up. I held her hand in mine when she suddenly gasped for air startling me. Jeremy quickly rushed to her ride.

"Elena. You okay?" I asked her relieved that she was alive. "Laura."

"How are you feeling?" Jeremy asked beside me. "I feel fine." She responded still a little shocked from her death experience.

I let out a breath and was about to hug Elena when I realised something. If Elena's alive that means...

"John."

I quickly ran out of the door and found John lying on the ground. I ran to him and rolled him over on his back. "John! John! Wake up!"

I tapped his face hoping he would respond but there was nothing. The tears wouldn't stop falling.

"John."

~ ~ ~

Third Person's POV

Stefan and Damon were waiting downstairs of the Gilbert house waiting for Elena and Laura to come down. They were in their funeral attires. "We all set?" Stefan asked.

"Yeah." Damon replied walking in the living room. "Plenty of room with the Gilbert family plot and I compelled two of the gravediggers to do the dirty work."

Damon turned towards the stairs. "How do you think they're doing?" He asked his brother. "They just lost the only parents they had. Of course, they're in shock." Stefan said.

Upstairs Elena was slowly getting ready for the funeral, she was hooking on her earrings when she stared at the pictures decorated around the frame of her mirror. They were the pictures of her family, her parents, Jenna, her brother, and sister.

Laura and Jeremy were already dressed, they were just waiting for Elena.Jeremy knocked on her door and she looked at them placing in her last earring. "I'm almost ready."

"Take your time." Jeremy told her.

The three of them stared at each other with an air filled with sadness. "John gave this to us, he wanted us to read it together." Laura gave her sister the letter he gave her.

"And this." She said holding out the Gilbert ring.

Elena accepted the letter and ring before she looked at Jeremy. "Jeremy, I'm so sorry." She stared at him apologetically. "I'm so sorry that you've lost so many people because of us." She said.

Jeremy looked at her and Laura. "I still have you guys."

Elena and Laura smiled a little and the three of them shared a warm embrace. They pulled apart to look at each other for a moment. "I'm gonna wait downstairs." Jeremy said and left the room giving the two sisters space.

Laura and Elena went over to the window to sit down and read their father's letter. Laura couldn't bear to read it herself so Elena read it to her.

"Elena, Laura... it's no easy task being an ordinary parent to two extraordinary children. I failed in that task."

> > >

Stefan, Elena, Damon, Bonnie, Caroline, Alaric and Jeremy all gathered to the cemetery for the funeral. They were walking across the graveyard.

"And because of my prejudices, I had failed you both. I'm haunted by how things might have played out differently. If I'd been more willing to hear your side of things."

Stefan walked alongside Elena with his hand behind her back walking towards Jenna and John's graves. Damon was walking with Laura with his arm around her body.

The girls each had four roses to give, they both walked up to Jenna and John and gently placed their roses in front of them.

"For me, it's the end. For you girls, a chance to grow old and someday do better with your own children than I did with mine. It's for those children that I give you my ring."

Elena and Laura walked over to their parents' gravesite with tears rolling down their cheeks. They laid their remaining roses in front of them and got back up holding onto each other.

"I don't ask for your forgiveness or for you to forget. I ask only that you believe this. Whether you girls someday become vampires, I love you all the same as I've always loved the two of you, and always will. John."

Elena and Laura started to cry in each other's arms.

~ ~ ~

Damon was alone and further away from everyone else staring at the air in silence. Stefan noticed his brother was alone and went up to him. "We're going back to the house." He informed.

"I think I'll skip the coffee and tea cakes." Damon replied not even turning to face his brother. "Damon, they need us right now. All of us. Laura needs you." Stefan pointed out.

"And then what's the plan, Stefan? The curse is broken. How does one go about killing an all-powerful wolf vamp and his two-faced older brother?" Damon questioned getting a little agitated.

"I have no idea." Stefan responds.

"We need to get an idea. Fast." Damon said finally turning around to his brother. "I'm not gonna let Elena and Laura lose anybody else." Stefan told him.

"I wouldn't make any promises, brother." Damon said. "What's that supposed to mean?" Stefan asked looking at him confused.

Damon rolled up his sleeve to show him the werewolf bite. "Tyler Lockwood bite me." He said. The bite had gotten worse.

Stefan stared at the bite with anguish as he walked up to his brother. "It's actually more of a nip, really, but there it is." Damon said looking down at the bite.

Stefan grabbed Damon's arm and examined the bite. Damon pulled his arm away to show him now more and Stefan stared at his brother in shock.

"We'll find something. A cure." Stefan said and Damon shook his head. "There is no cure, Stefan." He said which made Stefan worried about his brother's life.

Stefan looked at Laura who has been staring blankly at the people around her. "Does Laura know about this?" He asked.

"No." Damon responded.

"We brought Elena back to life, right? We found the way when there was no way. Hey." Damon looked at him. "I will do this." He promised.

Damon already knew what his fate was, he didn't want to get his hopes up. He looked at his girlfriend and was heartbroken to see her in such a state. He didn't want her to be in despair when she finds out about him.

He knew sooner or later he had to tell her but not yet.

Damon turned back to Stefan. "You want to do something for me? Keep this from Laura. Last thing she needs is another grave to mourn." He said gripping onto his shoulder before walking over to Laura.

"Laura." He called her.

Laura slowly looked at him with a lifeless look, she was glad to see him and finally let out a breath. Damon walked up to her and wrapped her in his arms.

Stefan watched his brother and Laura with a tormented look. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 11.2K 82
❛You will always be my almost love...❜ ❛Mind blown. Honestly, I haven't read a fanfic quite like this and I'm all here for it👏❜ ❛Thi...
193K 3.3K 23
Victoria Gilbert. Elena Gilberts older sister, you might know her, you might not. Both girls had a normal life until the Salvatore brothers, Damon an...
213K 5K 51
[Second Book to The Unveiling Truth] For two months she was taken by the devil, she misses her home, her family, her friends. But mostly she misses h...
15.6K 399 17
Everybody knows the name Elena Gilbert. But what about her sister? Toni Gilbert is Elena's older sister by a year. They were both living completely h...