The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

Por slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... Mais

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

The Dinner Party

3.7K 105 20
Por slRose18qn

Laura's POV

As promised, or more like two against one, Damon drove me to our family's lake house where Stefan and Elena were staying. Damon pulled up into the driveway and I refused to get out of the car. "Are you seriously making me stay here?" I said all gloomy.

"Yep, can't have Elijah coming after you if the plan doesn't fall through." Damon said. I turn to glare at him. "Oh, come on. Don't pout. I'll come back to you as soon as I'm done." He said grabbing my chin.

I rolled my eyes at him. Damon was treating me like a child and it was pissing me off. I was only in a foul mood because I was at the lake house where my family use to go to every summer. Coming back here just brought back sad memories.

"Hey, you okay?" Damon asked touching my arm. I look at him with a sad and depressing look. "Would it be convincing if I said yes?"

"Not if you look like that." He said and I let out a light laugh thinking I thought so.

Even though I didn't want to I had to drag myself out of the car, Damon got out as well to get my bag for me. "Call me anytime you need." He said brushing my cheek. I pulled a smile for him and he kissed me gently on the lips.

Damon walked me up to the front porch and I entered the house first looking around taking in the nostalgia of all the times I've been here. "Ahem." I turn around to Damon and he was still stuck outside since I haven't invited him in yet.

I could invite him in right away but I just toying with him. "Aren't you going to let me in?" Damon looked at me. I tilt my head and just grinned at him enjoying the moment. "No. I should really be careful of who I invite into my home." I smirked.

"You're not so mean to keep out your boyfriend, are you?" He leaned against the doorframe hoping I would invite him in. "Do you not know me?" I gave him a look.

"Oh, I do. Caroline told me you can be a bitch." He said. I smiled as if it didn't bother me. It didn't because it wasn't the first time I've heard it. "You can come in, Mr Salvatore." I said turning on my heels.

We walked into the living room together when I see Elena sitting on the couch by herself reading through some journal. Stefan was standing by the door facing the lake with his back to us.

"Hey, you're here." Elena said. Stefan turned back to us with a grim look forcing a smile. There was strange air between them and we could only guess they were fighting.

"Hey... what's going on?" I looked at them.

Elena and Stefan exchange looks but neither wanted to talk about it. "Nothing, I'm just reading through Jonathan's journal." Elena explained.

I looked at Stefan and he just turned away. I looked at Damon and he just shrugged his shoulders saying he's not interested to know what happened between them.

"Well then, Stefan, I'll leave my girlfriend in your care." Damon looked at his brother. "I should be back by tomorrow morning." He said sounding so sure he can get rid of Elijah in one night.

"Take care." I told him. "You too." He said and kissed me quickly giving me my bag before leaving.

I turn back to the awkward atmosphere in the room and neither of them wanted to say anything so I had to break the ice. "I don't know what happened here but let's just hope you guys can sort it out." I said.

Still, neither said anything. Urgh, this is the worst.

"I'm gonna go to my room and I'll come back to something for us to eat." I said and excused myself to my room. I had to get out of there. It was so awkward being in a lovers' quarrel that not even mine.

I opened the door to my room was hit with a nostalgic air, I took a deep breath before entering the room. I set my bag on the bed and went around the room looking at the picture frames on the dresser.

I picked up the frame where I was in a canoe with Dad, we were having so much fun that day because it was my first time canoeing. I even forgot the fundamental rule to never stand in a canoe.

Just remembering how I tipped the boat over made me smile unconsciously. I put the frame down and went back to the living room. Stefan wasn't where he was anymore.

"Where's Stefan?" I asked. Elena looked up from her journal. "He's outside." She nodded towards the lake and there he was standing on the pier throwing stones across the water.

"Not that I would normally poke my nose where it shouldn't be but did you do something to tick him off?" I asked making myself some hot coffee. "I didn't do anything. Why are you making it sound like it's my fault?" Elena said looking offensive.

"Maybe it's what you do?" I looked at her.

Elena glared at me. "If I had known you were going to be this annoying I wouldn't let you come here." She said. "It's not like you can stop me now, can you?" I said getting an annoyed look from her.

"Look, I'm sorry if my being here ruins your moment together but I see you already did that on your own." I said cracking a joke. Elena just scoffed and turned away.

After I had my fun poking at Elena I turned to Stefan who was still outside walking back and forth on the pier throwing the rocks in a frustrated manner. I put down my coffee mug and grabbed a shawl before joining him outside.

"Hey." I said as I walked up to him. Stefan looked to me before he threw another stone. "Hey." He said quietly. The air he was giving made it hard for me to even approach him with whatever it was going on between them.

It's not that I want to know what's going on but it's just so awkward to deal with two people who aren't even talking to each other. I scratched behind my ear a little before I had the courage to ask.

"Look, I don't know what happened between you guys but I'm sure you guys will make up quickly." I said as a little bit of encouragement for him. "I don't think so." Stefan said.

I look at him confused. Was the fight that bad? "What do you mean?" I asked.

Stefan stop throwing the rocks and turned to me. "Elena knew about Elijah's plan. She knew she wasn't going to survive this." He told me.

"Because she's hell bent on dying to protect the people that she loves. That's Elena for you." I said. "That's not what's upsetting me." He said and I frowned at him.

Stefan turned towards the lake and stared into the distance. "Yesterday we were standing out here talking about our future, I actually thought it was possible if we live through this." He said.

I stood next to him and looked at the view and actually pictured the two of them walking hand in hand along the pier together as the years go by.

"She said those words so easily when she knew she wasn't going to have one. She's already given up on that idea. She's given up on everything." He said looking down feeling upset and betrayed by it.

I look at Stefan and I feel sorry for him for dating someone like my sister who's so selfish. I look at Elena reading her journal being oblivious to Stefan's feelings right now. I really want to slap her right now.

"I'm sorry, Stefan." I said on behalf on Elena. "Elena means well but she lacks thought, that's one of the things I hate about her. Being conscious of people's feelings are the last thing on her mind."

"Well, I finally realized that." Stefan said letting out a heavy sigh.

I look at Elena again. "Do you think we could just knock her out and lock her away somewhere until this whole situation is over?" I suggested in sarcasm. Not really.

Stefan laughed a little and I look at him with a straight face. "You know I'm not kidding right?" Since she's being stubborn and seriously selfish we might as well. "You think that she'll be okay with it?" He asked.

I shrugged as if I couldn't care less if she's okay with it or not. "No, but who's to stop me. Go get me a big stick, you distract her and I'll hit her from behind." I said playfully.

"How are you feeling about this?" Stefan asked all of a sudden.

"Please, I've always wanted to do this. I'll let you do it but you'll swipe her head clean off." I said. "That's not what I meant." He said.

I twitched a brow at his question and stare at him quietly. From the way he was looking at me I could already tell what he's thinking. "You know I'm happy that you're thinking about me and all but you have to pretend you're okay." He said.

"Who said I wasn't?" I said my voice a little shaky.

"You use sarcasm and words to attack others as a defense mechanism because you don't want to let people in." Stefan pointed out taking me by surprise. "I've seen it before, how you deal with Elena controlling every moment of your life and how Damon hurt you."

I was really surprised because I never thought anyone would notice that about me. I was really caught off guard and I didn't like the feeling he was putting on me.

"...Oh, maybe I do that because I like to think I'm funny and I'm a mean person." I said trying to brush off the uncomfortable feeling.

Stefan just smiles as if he can see right through me. "That's so you, Laura." He said with a relieved look on his face.

My breath was taken away from the look Stefan was giving me, I avoided his eyes for a moment because I was feeling something strange from it. I don't know what it was but there was something there.

It might have been my imagination.

Elena's POV

After reading through most of the journal I took a quick break and glanced outside where Stefan and Laura were. They seemed to be having fun chatting away, Stefan was laughing at everything Laura said, probably about me.

He seems to be happier whenever he's around her than he is with me. I guess that's a given because Laura's always the life of the party but it still irritates me when he's smiling like that with her.

When they head back towards the house I quickly snap my head back to the journal pretending as though I didn't stare at them for five minutes.

The air became awkward as soon as they entered the house, Stefan's happy look disappeared when he looked at me. He's still mad about last night.

Laura noticed our tension and felt awkward as well. "Who wants coffee?" She asked and excused herself to the kitchen.

Once she left I quietly looked at Stefan. "Are you still mad?" I asked hopefully talking to Laura has soften his mood. Stefan scoffed at my question. "Yeah. I'm still mad."

"We have a difference of opinion Stefan. We're not always going to agree on everything." I told him since it's common to have conflicts in every relationship.

"Elena, you've agreed to sacrifice yourself to Klaus." He said pointing the reason to his being upset. "To say that we have a difference of opinion is the understatement of the century."

"You would know." I said and he scoffed silently.

Stefan knew no matter how much he tries to get me to change my mind I wasn't going to yield so he gave up. But when we started talking about the content in the journal and everything he told me changed everything I viewed about him and about my life.

~ ~ ~

Damon's POV

I met up with Alaric at the Grill to plan their first step to kill Elijah who's been an eye score lately. The sooner we get rid of him the better. After tonight things will be back the way it's supposed to me.

"Other than you lecture about the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" I asked Alaric. He spent the day following Jenna around while she showed Elijah some historical facts about our town.

"No it was boring." Alaric sighed heavily with a hint of annoyance in the air. "Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming." He gritted his teeth.

I look at him amused. "You sounded jealous. Sound a bit jealous?" I turned to Andie who I compelled to keep me company. "Kinda do." She replied.

Alaric was uncomfortable having Andie sit with us since it's the golden rule is not to let out a single whisper about vampires. "Maybe we shouldn't talking this here." he suggested nodding his head at Andie.

"Andy, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets. Haven't you." I smirked. "My lips are sealed." Andie smiled at me and leaned forwards hoping to get a kiss from me but I turned away before I could give her what she wanted.

Laura would kill me if I let her kiss me.

"Does Laura... know.. about... the two of you?" Alaric asked with uncertainty. Hoping that he is not misunderstanding the situation before he tells Laura.

"No, but it's not what you think." Damon assured him. "Andie is my food source for the time being." I explained fixing up her scarf to hide the bite mark I gave her. "She doesn't know I'm feeding off her."

Alaric frowned at me. "Oh come on, don't give me that. She's a better food than eating your girlfriend." I said. Alaric didn't seem like he approved of my decision but he knew best but to keep out of it.

"So this stays between you and me. Laura will kill me if she found out." I told him in a hush tone. Alaric raised a brow at me thinking it's not possible for Laura to be violent.

"Trust me. She's capable of that, she once killed a squirrel for Stefan." I told him.

Just remembering how she caught a squirrel for Stefan when he was trapped in the tomb gave me unpleasantry. Laura usually catches on quickly but she's not very good when it comes to realizing people who have attractions to her.

Granted it's because her mind is filled with only me but it's pretty obvious that Stefan is attracted to her right now. But maybe it's better she doesn't realize his feelings. Less complicated that way.

I snap out of my thought when I realized we got off topic. "Getting back to the problem, I just need an opportunity." I said.

At this moment I noticed Jenna and Elijah walked through the front door of the Grill. "Ah, there's Jenna with her new boyfriend." I teased rubbing more salt into Alaric's wound.

I waved my hand to catch their attention and gestured Jenna to come over. "Hi." Alaric turned back and groaned miserably at the sight of the two of them together.

"Hey guys." Jenna smiled gleefully walking over to us being carefree to Alaric's feelings. "So I hear you two had quite a meeting of the historical minds today." I said being friendly.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Jenna responded looking at Elijah for something mutual in that regard. Alaric was looking on with displeasure and jealousy, he looked like he was going to die of torture.

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this. I've got papers to grade." He said making a lame excuse to get away. He put some money on the table and tried to leave.

"No, you know what? We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party." Andie spoke up and suggested just like I wanted. "Oh my girl. Full of good ideas." I fake a sudden interest.

"I'd be happy to host. Say tonight, maybe?" I suggested hoping Elijah would take the bait but he remained composed with his look and looked at me suspiciously.

"It's good for me. Jenna?" Andie looked at her. "I don't know if tonight works..." Alaric said which collided with Jenna's response. "Yeah, I'm free." Prompting him to rethink his plans.

Jenna looked at Elijah for his reply to the sudden but planned invitation. "It'd be a pleasure." The noble Elijah finally gave his answer "Great." I said happily.

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

Stefan was telling Elena about his days of being a Ripper when he first turned, he had killed people for the thrill of it and didn't care if people found out. It almost didn't sound like the Stefan I know but that was a different time.

"For weeks I kept spiraling. I was completely driven by the desire for blood." He explained. "Hunt, prey, kill. That was all I knew."

I sat sitting on the couch holding my knees up to chin listening to his stories with Elena. "How come no one caught on to what you were doing?" She asked.

"There was a war going on." He said which made perfect sense when you can just plan the attacking parties on the bodies. "The thing about wartime. Endless, anonymous blood supply."

Stefan told us how he was hunting the woods at night and fed on anyone he met there. He saw a hooded figure and was going to attack them when that person caught him first. It turns out that person was Lexi.

"Alexia Branson, as she was known back then." Stefan said.

"Your best friend, Lexi?" Kinda liked the girl. Stefan nods in response. "That's how you met her? Way to make an impression, Stefan." I said.

"What was she even doing in Mystic Falls?" Elena asked.

"She had heard it was a good place for vampires. You know, had no idea that they'd all been massacred. Needed a place to crash, so I brought her home with me." He explained.

Stefan explained how Lexi discovered he was a Ripper when he brought her home to his bloodshed home. He had no humanity back then. He turned it off the moment he embraced his new vampire life.

After telling us the story Stefan was silent and seemingly regretfully of his past ways. "Stefan, you okay?" I look at him concerned. He didn't seem okay. "Talking about the things that I'd rather forget." he said.

"Like Damon killing her?" I said quietly.

She was his best friends who helped him through the dark stages of his life but Damon took her away from him. I feel bad for him.

~ ~ ~ Nightfall ~ ~ ~

Damon's POV

So Alaric's pissed that I've invited Jenna here when the plan is the kill Elijah, he doesn't want her to get caught up in all this but I think having her here will lower his guard. Although it's probably his jealousy side talking.

Everyone invited were all here except John Gilbert who decided to invite himself to this small gathering. He really needs to fix his habit of dropping by when he's not needed.

So the plan is to have Andie and Jenna's presence here to distract Elijah giving me an opportunity to drive the dagger into Elijah's heart. I would be rid of my problem by having one less vampire going after my girlfriend.

Stefan's life is reluctantly spared. He's lucky that he's related to me and Laura actually likes him enough to call friend.

The doorbell rang letting me know our guest of honor has finally arrived. I went to get the door and there he was, the man about to meet his doom.

"Good evening." Elijah said looking all formal and civilized. "Thank you for coming." I said as the host of the dinner should say. "Please, come in."

"Just one moment." Elijah said staying where he was and not taking a foot inside. "Can I just say that if you have less than honourable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed. I suggest you reconsider." He said gracefully.

I shrug to act pretending there was no indiscretion. "No, nothing. Nothing dishonourable. Just getting to know you." I smirked.

"Hmm." Elijah seemed doubtful but entered the house anyway.

"Well, that's good. Because, you know, although Laura and I have this deal..." He came up beside my ear to talk. "If you make so much of a move to cross me, I'll kill you and I'll kill everyone in this house." He threatened.

"Are we clear?"

"Crystal." I replied flinching a little bit from the threat.

But I'm Damon. I don't care what the threat it. I always make my plans to kill people work. Somehow.

"Jenna." Elijah's tone from danger to friendly changes in an instant when he saw her. "Wonderful to see you again. How are you?" He walked past me towards Jenna.

I hope this works, I thought as I close the door and begin the party.

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

After having dinner Elena went back to study more on Jonathan Gilbert's journals. I went to take a quick nap in my room before I woke up and realised it's already dark outside. I came back downstairs and found the living a mess.

The journals were spread out on the coffee table and the couch. "Jonathan Gilbert got crazier and crazier. I guess that's what happens when you spend your life obsessed with vampires." Elena said when I walked in.

"Well, John's almost there." I said sitting down on the couch. Elena picked up another book she hasn't read yet and started flipping the pages. "He researched on the Originals." She said gaining my attention as well as Stefan's.

Stefan went to sit with her on the couch. "Later in life, look." She showed him the page. "Pages and pages of questions and scribbles." Elena flipped through the pages until she stopped on a page that caught her eye.

"What's that?" She asked Stefan.

I peer over the table to see some illustrated figure of a small dagger which seemed familiar. Details were scribbled around the picture.

"The wood from one tree and one tree alone, an ancient white oak would bring death to an Original vampire. When the tree burned, all hope was thought lost." Elena read.

I was staring at the dagger seeing it looked familiar when I remembered Damon showing me it last night. John gave him that dagger to kill Elijah.

"He was trying to figure out how to kill an Original." Elena figured it out. Stefan and I exchange looks to say that we already know about the dagger.

Elena was oblivious and kept reading "But the ash from the tree was saved and witches forged a dagger which the ash could be bonded. This alchemic can be a necessary poison."

"Elena..." Stefan got up and stood in front of her.

"I wonder if this is true. I mean, do you think this dagger actually exist?" Elena asked. "We know it does." I told her and she looked up from the journal.

"John gave it to Damon." Stefan said and Elena blinked in surprise. "John gave Damon the weapon that's supposed to kill Elijah?" She asked.

"This one?" She pointed to the picture of the dagger. Stefan and I nod at the same time. Elena read the content of the page. "It must be brandish by humans alone, for it will bring death to all demons who wield it." She read.

I snap a look at her and grabbed the journal from her to read the text myself and it was exactly as she read it. "John's trying to get Damon killed." I said and turned to Stefan.

Stefan quickly pulled out his phone and called Damon with my heart racing at every second he doesn't pick up. "Is he picking up?" I asked. He shook his head.

My heart paces faster but at the same time my blood was boiling. "I knew John couldn't be trusted!" I yeleld frustratedly.

"What's happening?" Elena asked being confused by our reaction. "Damon's planning to kill Elijah tonight." I told her. "What?!" She looked at me shocked.

"Damon's not answering." Stefan said after failing to get into contact with Damon. "Call Ric." I told him and he immediately did. We were fortunate that Ric answered his phone and just pray that he stopped Damon in time.

~ ~ ~

After we explained to Elena about the plan to kill Elijah tonight she was angry that we kept his from her. Not that it bothered me that she's angry because even if we told her there's nothing she could do to stop it.

Elena couldn't stand to be in the same room with us so she stepped outside for some fresh air. A while later Stefan went outside to join her and they start to argue.

It wasn't my place to intrude so I stayed inside when I got a call from Damon. I didn't hesitate to pick up the phone. "Oh, thank god. You're okay." I said letting out a big relief.

"It makes me feel so much better to hear how much he care about me." Damon said sounding happy at my reaction. "Of course, I would be. So is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yep, Elijah's dead. Alaric did it." He told me. "Good." I said.

"John is so dead." Damon muttered into the phone. I scoffed. "You can kill. He tried to kill you, for all I know, he's dead to me." I said angrily. "He just left but I can chase him down for you." He said actually tempted to go through with it.

"No. You know what, don't kill him. I will." I said changing my mind. "He raves on about trust when he couldn't even prove himself to truth worthy." I said.

"It makes me so happy that you'll kill him for me." Damon said. I let out a frustrated sigh. "Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow." I said.

"Okay, see you tomorrow."

We hung up just as Stefan and Elena enter the house. I went to tell them what Damon told me. "Elijah's dead. Alaric did it." I shared with them.

Elena sat back down on the couch to read the journal again. "Originals believed in truth and honour." She said.

"It was forbidden for a vampire to kill another vampire So, the dagger would take both lives. And as long as the dagger stays in place, the Original, for all intent and purposes, is dead." She said flipping through the journal.

I look over to Stefan who had the same expression as I did. Another surprising information. "Damn it, Elena! Read everything in one go!" I yelled at her for not telling us the important stuff sooner.

Stefan quickly called Damon again and this time he picked up.

Third Person's POV

With the dagger removed from Elijah's heart he was revived and secretly escaped the cell and went straight his witch, Jonas to located the Gilbert sisters. The locator spell led him to the lake house.

Elijah walked up the house with feelings of betrayal and anger, he picked up a few stones hidden with the fallen leaves and continued to towards the house.

Inside Stefan could hear Elijah approached and grabbed the twins. "He's here." He said in a hush tone. "I have to confront him. If I go with him now maybe he will spare us." Elena said being naive but hopeful.

"Don't be stupid, Elena. You are not going out there." Laura grabbed her before she could go. "What was stupid was you guys trying to kill him." Elena retorted.

Stefan grabbed Elena back from leaving. "No, Elena. You leave with him now you won't survive this." He said desperately trying to hold onto her. "I have to, Stefan or he'll kill all of us." She said.

Laura knew reasoning with her sister at this point was going to be pointless so she picked up a small chest box and hit the back of her head knocking Elena out cold.

Stefan stared at her actions in disbelief, he was about to speak when Laura held her finger to her lips telling him to be quiet. She had him move her sister to the couch, she wasn't the least bit sorry that she hit Elena because she'd been wanting to knock some senses into her.

Hearing the commotions from the outside Elijah threw the rocks at the door breaking it off its hinges. Stefan and Elena jumped at the sudden attack but remain calm.

"I need to talk to him." Laura said. "No." Stefan refused being worried for her safety. "Stefan, I will be fine. He can't come in the house." She reminded him.

Elijah approached the house having heard what she said. "You know, I may not be able to enter this house... but I've a very patient man." He said in a matter of fact. "I'll wait you out."

Laura gave Stefan a look to trust her, looking into her eyes Stefan knew he could trust her but he was still worried about her. He reluctantly let go of her arms and let her confront Elijah.

Laura slowly walked out from behind the walls feigning a look of guilt as she face him. "I know you're mad but you have to understand what they did was to protect us." She tried to explained.

"The deal is off." Elijah said flatly. "I'm renegotiating." She said.

"You have nothing left to negotiate with." Elijah said as though they were through. He took another step towards her. "I beg to differ." Laura said pulled out a kitchen knife she had hidden under her arm.

Elijah looked at her amused. "I like to see how you would lure Klaus into Mystic Falls after the doppelganger kills herself." She dared to challenge him.

Elijah didn't believe she would go through with it. "Stefan won't let you die." He said.

"No, he won't. But he'll feed me his blood and then I'll kill myself and become a vampire. Just like Katherine did." She threatened. "I'm sure Elena will fall through the same path if she learns you killed everything she loves."

Elijah silently stared at her with uncertainty. She definitely had a different spark to her sister, a very daring girl indeed, he thought.

"So unless you want that history to repeat itself, then promise me the same thing, promise me you won't harm anyone I love. Even if they've harmed you." Laura demanded. "And in return, I promise to keep Damon in check."

Contemplating on whether or not to trust her word for it Elijah stared with much amusement for her bravery to demand such request. But he still can't forgive such betrayal.

"I'm sorry, Laura. I'm going to have to call bluff." He said.

Knowing he would reject her Laura breathed heavily and point the knife towards her stomach. Elijah watched with uncertainty if she was really going to stab herself when he realised that he made the wrong choice to call her bluff.

Laura took a deep breath before she stabbed her abdomen causing a mass amount of blood to flow out of her stomach. She screamed in pain and fell to her knees.

"No!"

Elijah was horrified and rushed to save her but he was stopped by the threshold of having not been invited in. Laura was letting out painful cries and yet Elijah was helpless, he looked inside hoping Stefan would come out to save her.

But Stefan stayed in his hiding place not moving to help her.

Elijah couldn't bear to see her die and gave in to her selfish request. "Yes. Yes, you can have your deal." He agreed hastily. "Let me heal you."

"Give me your word!" Laura yelled.

"I give you my word." Elijah said after a conflicting thought for a second.

He reached out his hand for her to fall into his chest and he held her in his arms when Laura stabbed him in the heart with the silver dagger she had hidden up her sleeve. Elijah yelled in pain before falling to the ground dead.

Laura fell to the ground being weak from the blood loss leading Stefan to rush out from his hiding spot to heal her with his blood. At the same time Damon came out from his hide spot and rushed to Laura's side.

"Hey, you okay?" He looked at her concern. Laura gave him a light nod. "I'm fine." She said and fell into his arms.

~ ~ ~

Since the threat to us was gone we all returned to the boarding house and Damon locked Elijah's body in the cell. When Elena finally woke up from her knock out and we filled her in what she missed she was furious.

Well, mostly at me because I knocked her out.

"So that's it? As long as the dagger in him, he's dead." She said after seeing his body. "Yep, as long as you get the drift on how we work, there shouldn't be a problem." I said.

Elena glared at me. "There is no we. You guys have been doing this behind my back." She yelled. "You made a deal with Elijah and then you tried to kill him without even telling me." She complained.

"Okay, if you're mad at me for hitting you in the head, then I'm sorry." I said not actually meaning it. "Actually I'm not really. I've always wanted to do that." I said with a smile spreading across my face.

"You're not funny." Elena glared at me unimpressed.

"Look, can we deal with this tomorrow? I'm kind of tired." I dismissed her lecture and tried to walk away when Elena made a fuss again. "No, you are not getting out of this. We need to talk."

"To talk about what? How we're not respecting your idea of going on a suicide mission?" I turned to her reaching the end of my tolerance with her. "Yeah, I respect your decision, Elena. I respect how you're going to be the sacrificial lamb in this stupid sacrifice to save all of us. I mean, you should definitely be awarded for this. Honestly, sister of the year." I said sarcastically.

"Don't. You are not going to guilt me with this. I'm doing this for you, for our friends. Our family." Elena said looking at me angrily for being sarcastic.

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "You don't get it, do you?" I look at her slightly irritated. She looked at me confused. "I don't know how many times I have to say this before you get it but if I haven't made myself clear; I don't want you to die."

Elena looked at me surprised. "Sure, we might not always get along, and we're always fighting and at each other's throats but that's what sisters do. We say we hate each other but at the end of the day we're still family." I said with my voice breaking.

My tears were already staining my eyes but I kept myself strong. "I already lost Mom and Dad, I don't want to lose you too. I mean who am I going to pick a fight with every time I wake up?" I said.

Elena looked at me with guilt. "Laura, I'm so sorry." She said.

"But since you're so hell bent on dying then go ahead, I won't stop you." I said growing tired of trying to guilt her out of dying because I've already wasted so much breathe. "So don't expect me to visit your grave because I won't. I'll only visit you if you die of old age or because you died from cancer or an accident or-or whatever."

"Laura..." Elena came towards me but I snapped at her.

"No, don't! Do whatever the hell you want but just remember this. You hurt me, Elena." I glared at her before I turned to leave with tears falling down my cheek. 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

130K 2.8K 19
A sister bond is something unbreakable...right? Not for the Gilbert sisters. Elena is the perfect straight A student, while being a cheerleader. But...
5.4K 110 39
I'm moving to Mystic Falls and getting a fresh start after the love of my life left me in the woods. I'm never gonna move on from Edward, he's consta...
78.9K 2K 27
Kenzie Gilbert is dead. Gone is the mute, depressed teenage girl she was before she met Stefan Salvatore. Left behind was the young woman she became...
494K 10.9K 26
Kenzie Gilbert was the rebellious twin. She was desperate for attention, in hopes to standout from her goody-two-shoes twin sister's shadow. Until he...