The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

Crying Wolf

3.6K 98 9
By slRose18qn

Laura's POV

I was in a deep sleep when a noise woke me up, it turns out it was someone's phone ringing. I groaned in annoyance and toss and turn in my bed when I heard Caroline waking. "Go away." Next thing I knew someone fell on top of me. "Ow! Who is that?"

"Sorry." Elena said and crawled over me to get the phone. "Hello?" She answered. "Elena!" Caroline groaned. I threw a pillow at her and she crawled out of the room to leave us in peace.

I wrapped myself in the blanket and tried to fall back to sleep again when another phone went off. "Seriously! Didn't we discuss that girl's night is no cell phone interruptions?" I pull the covers over my head.

"Laura, that's your phone!" Caroline yelled. I snap my eyes open when she pointed that out. Oh yeah, it is. "My bad." I crawled over to my bag to get the phone.

"Hey." I answered in my morning voice. "Hey, how's my sweet pea's slumber party going?" Damon asked. "It was great. When can you and I have one?" I asked him playfully.

"We can have one tonight?" He suggested in a deep sexy voice. "I'd love to." I purred. "Ewww! Get out of here!" Caroline gagged and threw her pillow at me.

I got up and walked out to the living room going past Elena who was still on the phone with Stefan. "That sounds like an idea, I'll see you tonight then." I asked stretching myself to wake up.

"It's even better because I hear Stefan talking in the other room, he's going to take Elena out to your family's lake house so we have the house to ourselves." He said.

I turn to Elena and she was laughed on the phone with Stefan. "Can't wait."

~ ~ ~

Third Person's POV

Tyler arrived at the campsite where Jules have been waiting for him. "Tyler. Hi." Jules said when he approached them. "Still here huh?" He responded. "Is that alright with you?" She looked at him slightly offended.

"The guy last night made it pretty clear, you need to go." Tyler warned her. "And we will soon." She said stubbornly.

Brady came out from behind the caravan with a hippie looking man with him, Stevie, who informed them the reason Mason's return to Mystic Falls. The Sun and Moon Curse.

Tyler looked at the new face surprised. "Listen, we kind of need your help with something." Jules said. "We need your help to find the moonstone." Brady said.

"Somebody needs to explain to me what the big deal is about a rock." Tyler said frustrated with all the secrets. "That rock helps break the curse of the sun and the moon." Stevie told him.

"I don't know what that means." Tyler glared at him. "It's an old curse placed on both vampires and werewolves." Jules explained.

"Vampires break the curse, they're free to walk in the sunlight, but we're only stuck on turning on a full moon." Stevie jumped in. "Aka werewolf Armageddon."

"But if we break it, they're stuck as night walkers and we can turn whenever we want." Brady told him. "Aka werewolf domination." Stevie commented.

Tyler sighed heavily after been giving too much information to process, he was still confused and still didn't know who to trust.

"Tyler, if we can turn at will that means we never have to turn at all." Jules told him and he looked at her. "Not if we don't want to."

She caught his attention at 'never have to turn at all.' After going through so much pain the first time, Tyler was scared to turn the second time, he never wanted to go through it ever again.

"I never have to turn again?" Tyler asked hopeful.

"There's more. Stevie?" Brady said and turned to the hippie werewolf. "If those vamps are gearing up to break the curse, they must have also found the doppelgänger." Stevie said.

"The doppelgänger?" Tyler raising his eyebrow. "Evil twin shadow person." Stevie explained like it couldn't be anymore explanatory.

"We're betting Mason's hot vampire Sher-Kathy knows all about it. So we need you to help us find Kathy. I have a picture." He said taking his phone out to search for a photo.

"Mason brought her to the bar once. No one liked her. She was a vampire. Bad news. Right here. The girl next to Mason." He showed Tyler a picture of Mason wrapping his arm around Katherine's waist.

Tyler was confused at first but looked closely at the picture again. "That's Laura Gilbert." He said. The three werewolves looked at him surprised. "You know her?" Jules asked him.

"I've known her my whole life. She's my ex-girlfriend and she has a twin sister as well." Tyler told them. Jules exchanged looks with Brady with a plotting look.

Damon's POV

Being a part of the founding families and to know their secrets, I've been invited to attend the tea party at the Lockwood mansion. This party's for Elijah who's pretending to be a writer under the name 'Smith'. Who uses Smith nowaday?

I wouldn't come to this boring tea party if it wasn't to see Elijah. The guy is bad news, I can just feel it. It's not because he didn't die when I killed him, it because he's got a thing for my girlfriend.

I could just rip those lusty eyes going after her. It's just irritating how she all of a sudden trust him and made a deal with him behind my back.

I went around and found Carol talking to Elijah when she saw me and gestured me to come over. I faked a gentleman look and walked over to them. "Damon." Carol said with a bright smile.

"Carol." I acknowledged her. "What a surprise." She shook my hand and we kissed each other on the cheek as a greeting.

Carol turn back to Elijah. "Elijah. I want you to meet Damon Salvatore." She introduced us even though we've already met. "His family is one of Mystic Fall's founding families." She shared with him.

I turn to him and faked my expressions. "Just a pleasure to meet you." I said. "No, pleasure's mine." Elijah extend his hand for a shake and I took it.

After we pretend it was our first meet Elijah and I excused ourselves from the all the socialising and I lead him to Carol's office to have a nice little friendly chat. "What can I do for you, Damon?" Elijah asked once we were alone.

"I was hoping we could have a word." I smirked turning to him from the desk. "I know Laura is still in town but where's Elena?" He immediately asked getting straight to the point.

"Safe with Stefan. They're laying low, you know, bit of a werewolf problem." I said. "Oh yeah, I heard about that." He said.

"I'm sure you did. Since it was your witch who saved the day." I said a little bitter about it because I didn't need help from him. "You are welcome." Elijah smirked.

"Which adds to my confusion on exactly why you're here." I glared leaning on the table. "Why don't you just stay focus on keeping Elena and Laura safe and leave the rest to me." He said and tried to leave.

I vamped in front of him but he was unfazed. "Not good enough." I said.

Elijah doesn't respond but grabbed my throat and pinned me against the wall behind the desk. I tried to retaliate by grabbing his neck to choke him but he felt nothing. Elijah remained calm and twisted my hand away from him.

"You young vampires, so arrogant." He said making me look pathetic. "How dare you come in here and challenge me." He said tightening his grip on my throat.

"You can't kill me, man. It's not part of the deal." I blackmail him with the deal he made with Laura. He raised his brow. "Silence."

He picked up a pencil lying on the table and stabbed it in my neck. I let out a small growl from the pain and fell on the desk when he finally lets go of me. I quickly pulled out the pencil and let the wound heal itself.

"I'm an Original. Show a little respect." Elijah said pulling out a pocket handkerchief and dangled it in front of my face. I snatch it out of his hand to wipe the blood from my neck.

"The moment you cease to be of use to me, you're dead, so you should do what I say." He threatened and I glared at him. "Keep Elena and Laura safe." He said before leaving the room.

That guy's dead.

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

"Today was a bust." Damon mumbled under his breath. I roll my eyes at him. "Why did you think was going to come out of it. You couldn't kill him the first time." I said. I'm just glad Elijah spared him and didn't break off the deal after Damon's stunt.

"Yeah, how's the throat?" Ric asked sitting in the couch across from us. "Sore." Damon replied holding a grudge. I took pity on him and rubbed his healed neck.

"Yeah. Elijah is one scary dude, but with nice hair." Alaric commented, I smiled at the last part. "Hey, you need another one?" He looked at Damon's empty glass. Damon just hands it over to Ric and he goes over to the bar for refills.

"He's not scary if you don't tick him off, so Damon, what did you learn today?" I stared at him sternly. "Why am I getting the lesson?" Damon complained.

I gave him a straight look. "Oh come on. Laura, the guy clearly has a thing for you that's the only reason why he offered you the deal."

"Look, Damon, I don't care about that right now. Right now I secure the lives that I want to save which includes yours. So please, for heavens' sake, behave yourself." I gave him another stern look.

Damon shook his head. "I don't think that's possible." He said and I glare at him. "Well, you're gonna have to. Don't even think about screwing this up." I pointed at him.

Ric came back with the refill and gave Damon his glass and sat back down on the couch to watch us argue.

"Laura, he can't be trusted, he's an Original. We don't know if this is all just an act to get you to lower your guard before he stabs me with a stake through my heart and bring you guys to Klaus." Damon reasoned.

I understand why Damon must worry about that but I just know I can trust Elijah. At least he's a better deal tha John. "Damon, he won't. He gave me his word." I assured him.

"Yeah, well he didn't say it to me." He mumbled. "I'd think twice before trusting some dagger and some ashes to do the job. You're gonna need more info." Ric spoke up.

"I'm out of resources." Damon said.

I look at both of them confused. "What are you guys talking about?" It was the first I've heard about some dagger and ashes. "John came to me last night with a weapon that can kill Elijah." Damon explained.

I look at Ric who confirmed it with a nod. I turn back to Damon. "You're not planning to use that on him, are you?" I asked. "I think the answer's already been established." Damon smirked suggestively.

"Damon..."

Why the hell did I think it was easy to sway Damon from doing something stupid.

"Alright, if you insist. I won't kill him." Damon said taking a sip from his glass. "Not yet anyway." He said quietly but I heard him.

Ric has been quietly observing us when he let out a laugh just watching us. "How are things with you and Jenna?" I asked a little concerned. I heard John brought up Isobel to Jenna and now she's having trouble trusting Ric.

He sighed deeply like it was putting him in a slump. "Well, I want to tell her everything but I can't exactly tell her Isobel is still alive and she's actually a vampire." He said. I look at him sympathetically.

"I feel bad for lying to her." Ric said. "Ric, if it makes you feel better, you're not the only one who's lying to her. She's got three nieces and nephew lying to protect her." I told him hopefully it would make him feel a little better.

He gave me a small smile. "Yeah, thanks, but it doesn't help." He said sadly. It's worse for him because he's her boyfriend. He checked the time on his phone. "Oh god. Gotta go." He said.

"I gotta pick Jenna up. Don't worry I'll show myself out." Ric said. "Good luck." Damon said aloud as he walked out of the room.

"Finally, we're alone." Damon said.

I smiled before I kissed him when we heard a noise in the other room. We exchange looks at each other before going to check out what made the noise. We got to the hallway when we found Alaric grunting with a knife stuck to his stomach.

"Oh my god, Ric!" I gasped and ran to him just as he falls to his knees. "What happened?" I asked but Ric died before he could answer me.

I turn to Damon with a worried look when I saw someone jumping down from above and attacked Damon. The guy was quick on his feet and jumped on Damon's back and stabbed him with a needle.

Damon was losing his strength but vamped to the wall to get the guy off his back. I was about to go find the crossbow when I felt someone grabbed me from behind and covered my mouth with a wet cloth.

As I struggled to get out of their strong hold I started to lose my consciousness and consumed by the darkness.

~ ~ ~

Damon's POV

Man. I blacked out.

I woke up feeling restricted only to realise I was chained to a chair and a collar around my neck. I look around and saw a dead Alaric at my feet and Laura was knocked out on the couch with her hands and legs tied.

I turn to the side and noticed the guy who jumped me earlier holding onto the end of the chain with a creepy look. "Morning sunshine." He smirked.

I let out a sigh of annoyance when I realise what's happening. Werewolves.

Jules brought her army of mutts and broke into my home at the worst timing ever when I'm having a getaway with my girlfriend. They are so dead once I get out of this situation.

The guy holding onto the chain walked in front of me. "I saw this movie once, some torture porn flick. Anyway, they had this collar device that was really cool, so I just mortified it with some wooden nails and when I pull..."

He pulled on the chain to demonstrate making the wooden nails jab into my neck and I groan in pain. Yep, he's dead.

"So I hear you have the moonstone." Jules spoke up from the corner with a whole bunch of other werewolves standing behind her. She tilts her head expecting me to answer.

I let out a cynical laugh. "Oh, if only you knew the irony of this moment right now." Jules continue to stare at me as she comes forward.

"Let me tell you how this is going to go. You're going to torture me, I don't talk. Someone loses a heart. Last time it was your boy Mason." I glare at her.

The guy wrapped the chain around his hands and Jules leaned towards me. "This time, it'll be you." She said with detachment.

Jules looked at the guy and gave him the signal to torture me, he pulled on the chain again impaling the nails deeper into my neck. I groan in pain again and snarled at the dirty look the guy was giving me.

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

I woke up feeling a bit groggy, I was about to rub my head when I couldn't. I open my eyes to see I was on the couch with my hands and legs tied together. Then I finally realised there were people around me.

Who are these people?

Damon was chained to a chair with a weird collar around his neck and he was bleeding badly. There were two people standing in front of him, a guy holding onto the end of the chain torturing him and a guy who looks like she's in charge.

"Damon?" I said weakly propping myself up on the elbow.

The girl turned around and smirked. "Huh, looks like your girlfriend finally decided to join us." She came over and got down on one knee to look at me. "You're the doppelganger, aren't you?"

I swallow nervously when she asked the question which probably gave me away. "Who are you?" I asked her. "I'm Jules, you're boyfriend tried to pick a fight with me."

Oh, so she's the one who bite Rose.

I looked at Damon. "You just had to pick a fight with a werewolf, didn't you?" I said to him. Damon just shrugged like it was a habit of his.

"Where's the moonstone?" Jules asked me. "On the moon?" I said with sarcasm raising a brow. "You two think this is funny, don't you?" She got up and turned to Damon.

Damon smirked and just shrugged his shoulders but Jules wasn't taking it too lightly. "I know that she's needed in the sacrifice." She said pointing a shotgun towards my face making me flinch a little and lean back.

"All we need is the moonstone."

Damon and I exchanged looks because we know we're not going to give the stone to them. The problem was we had no idea who we were going to get out of this situation.

"You know what the great thing about buckshot is? It scatters through the body. Maximum damage." Jules said when we've kept our silence.

Damon nod with little interest. Jules points the gun to him with a threatening look. "Where's the moonstone?" She asked again. "Get over it, honey. You're never gonna get it." Damon smirked confidently.

Jules smiled maliciously before turning herself to me again. "Not if I kill your girlfriend." She grabbed my hair and pulled it hard using me against Damon. I grunt from the hard tug and she pulled out a pocket knife and pressed the blade against my neck.

Damon began to struggle in his chair when he realised the threat I was in but the chains was restricting him. "

"So I'll ask again; where's the moonstone." Jules asked again more firmly this time pressing the knife into my neck.

"You looking for this?" A voice spoke up from behind me.

Jules loosen her grip on my hair and turned to the voice. I turn back as well and saw Elijah leaning against the banister holding the moonstone in his hands. He goes down the steps and placed the stone on the table behind the couch.

"Go ahead. Take it." Elijah said nonchalantly stepping away from it.

One of the werewolves rushed over to snatch the stone but Elijah was quicker and ripped out his heart. The werewolf's body fell before me. Two other werewolves tried to attack Elijah but he ripped out their hearts with ease.

Jules got scared and she ran away leaving behind the guy who's been torturing Damon. He crouched down and covered his face with his jacket in fear.

Elijah walked over and pulled him up to his feet. "What about you, sweetheart, hmm?" The poor guys was shaking in front of Elijah who was instilling the fear. "Wanna take a shot? Yes? No? Yes?"

The guy was quiet but was shaking his head fearfully. Elijah looked around the room. "Where's the girl?" He asked.

"I don't know." Damon answered.

"It doesn't really matter." Elijah said and punched him in the face to snap his neck.

Elijah went to help Damon and removed the chains holding him down. "So you realised this is the third time I saved your life now." Damon doesn't respond but I could tell he didn't like the fact the guy he hated saved him.

Elijah turned to me and came over to help release my hand and legs, he was a lot more gentle about it than Trevor was when he freed me. "You alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you." I said. Elijah responded with a gentle smile. "You're welcome." Elijah turned to leave and grabbed the moonstone on his way out.

~ ~ ~

Once I helped take the chains off Damon we had to clean up the mess Elijah left for us. While Damon got rid of the bodies I moved Alaric to the couch so he doesn't stay on the floor.

Next I tried to remove the blood stain on the carpet but the blood wouldn't come out so I had to put in a bit more muscle.

Once Damon got rid of all the bodies he moved the chair back to his original place and was talking on the phone with Bonnie.

"So he planned to kill her along." Damon said which caught my attention and I stopped scrubbing. Damon looked at me. "Got it loud and clear." He said and ended the call with her.

I got up from the floor and went to Damon. "What did Bonnie say?" I asked him with an uneasy feeling. Damon sighed heavily. "Elena." He replied.

I look at him shocked and speechless. "Bonnie got some information from Elijah's witch, turns out he planned to sacrifice Elena along." He told me.

I slump my shoulder when I heard the news. "He lied to me?" I whispered softly because I knew Damon would say I told you so but I guess he heard me. "That's why I told you not to trust the guy." He said frustratedly.

I look at him defensively. "What was I supposed to do? I wasn't going to let Elena die for my sake." I yelled. "What's difference does it make now? She's still going to die!" Damon yelled making me realised I did the worse thing possible.

"I just signed my sister's death sentence." I said softly.

Damon quietly pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me. "Hey, it's okay, it's okay. I'll help you." He said cupping my face in his hands.

"How?" I asked with tears staining my eyes. "You need to trust me." He said and I nodded.

At this moment Alaric finally woke up causing me to turn away to wipe my tears. "Finally. You missed all the fun." Damon said.

To avoid Alaric asking me about my red eyes I went back to scrubbing the blood stain out of the carpet when Damon stopped me. "Don't bother." He pulled me up again.

He asked me to step aside so he could roll the carpet up. I turn back to Ric who was examin his stomach, the wounds all healed up.

"How are you feeling?" I said sounding as if there's nothing wrong. "Horrible." He said rubbing his forehead. "But the worst isn't getting stabbed." He said taking out his phone.

I knew who he was going to call I was quiet and let him talk to Jenna. "Hey, Jenna..." Ric said looking all guilty.

"Yeah, sorry. I...I... I've been grading papers." He grimaced at the horrible lie he just told her. "Honestly, uh... I feel asleep." He said another lie but if you think about it, he's technically not.

"I'm sorry. Jenna, I'm a jerk." Ric said apologetically. "Sorry. Tomorrow I'm all yours, okay?" He said trying desperately trying to make up to her.

"All right. Good night, Jenna." He said and hung up on her.

I pat him on the back looking very sympathetic for him.

~ ~ ~

After Alaric headed home Damon and I were talking on the phone with Stefan in Damon's room. Stefan just told us the werewolves attacked them at the lake house and tried to take Elena. Tyler was there but he was confused and had no idea why he was roped into this.

I thanked Stefan for sparing his life even though he was a jerk when we dated but he's still a friend no matter what.

"How's Elena?" I asked him. "She's fine, she's just a little shocked. You?" Stefan asked. "I'm fine. Elijah saved us." I told him.

"Witch Bon Bon told us about Elijah's plan; he was going to use Elena as the sacrifice along." Damon informed his brother. Stefan was silent but I'm sure he expected this because he never trust Elijah from the beginning.

"So what do we do?" I asked them both.

"Kill him of course." Damon relied like it had to be asked. I look at Damon with a stern look. "Laura, we have no choice, it's either him or Elena." He argued.

I stare at him with conflicted feelings.

"I agree with Damon on this. Elijah just proved that he can't be trusted." Stefan spoke. "He planned Elena all along who knows what he has installed for you. We have to get rid of him." He said.

Damon looks at me for my opinion, I eventually gave in and gave them a nod. "Fine. Just do what you have to." I said.

"Stefan, keep an eye on Elena, okay?" I told him. "I will." He replied.

"Damon, what are you going to do with Laura?" Stefan asked like I wasn't there. "I'm thinking of sending her over to you. Sorry to ruin your honeymoon." Damon said with sarcasm

"What? No, I'm staying with you!" I protested.

"Laura, I know you want to but this is for your own good. Elijah will take you the instant he finds out we're plotting against him." Damon said and I was about to protest even further but he didn't give me room to speak.

He grabbed my shoulders to get me to understand. "You'll be safe at the lake house where no vampires can get in." I really didn't want to leave him but I know he's right.

"He's right, Laura. Elijah has been invited into your home. It's not safe for you to stay there is something goes wrong." Stefan said.

I let out a resigned sigh and gave in. "Fine, I'll go."

"Then it's done. We'll see you tomorrow, little bro." Damon hung up the phone.

Still a little bit worried I grabbed Damon's hand for security. "Just promise me one thing..." I look into his eyes. "Don't get yourself killed."

Damon pulled a smile. "I promise." He kissed my forehead affectionately. I was slightly relieved but couldn't help feeling betrayed by Elijah.

I was a fool for believing him for even a second. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.9K 2K 27
Kenzie Gilbert is dead. Gone is the mute, depressed teenage girl she was before she met Stefan Salvatore. Left behind was the young woman she became...
13.4K 140 71
Aria Gilbert is the twin sister Elena Gilbert but even though they were twin they were very much different. While they both were cheerleaders and had...
130K 2.8K 19
A sister bond is something unbreakable...right? Not for the Gilbert sisters. Elena is the perfect straight A student, while being a cheerleader. But...
233K 6.1K 65
I could hear her heart race and her breath get heavy. When she looked up at me, I saw tears run down her red cheeks. She flipped over onto her back a...