The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

By the Light of the Moon

4K 103 13
By slRose18qn

Laura's POV

I haven't been able to sleep lately, ever since I learnt Elena's decision to hand herself over to Klaus to save everyone I just don't know how to feel about this. A part of me hates her for being so selfish but then another part of me understands why.

People would say this is admirable of Elena, sacrificing herself to save the ones she loves but this is stupidity not bravery or being a hero. I just wish she thought about my feelings about this, and Stefan's.

Stefan has been stuck in the tomb for days now, the poor guys must be suffering in there because he's stuck with Katherine. Poor guy.

He's probably starving too, I should probably get him something but I don't know what to get him. He's prefers animal blood but I don't want to kill any innocent animals, but if I give him human blood he'll just refuse.

What to do, what to do.

After thinking hard and biting my thumb nail I finally decided to go against my nature morals and hunt him a squirrel or a bunny if I see one. I'm sorry, little animals.

I changed out of my pajamas and wore my sports clothes for the hunt, I have a crossbow Ric gave me in the car so i was just ready to go when I could hear Bonnie and Elena talking in her room.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" I entered the room and leaned against the door. Bonnie was sitting on Elena's bed and Elena was pacing back and forth by the window.

"I'm trying to figure out how to remove the spell from the moonstone so neither of you get used in the sacrifice." Bonnie explained holding the moonstone in her hand. "So have you figured it out yet?" I walked over to her.

Bonnie shook her head. "It's gonna take me time but I'll get it." She said looking at me determined. I gave her a smile and a small nod.

"But Bonnie according to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful." Elena said worried our family and friends will end up like Katherine's. "Maybe, if he finds out." I told her.

Elena sighed in frustration. "Guys, can't this wait? Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've got to get him out." She said looking extremely worried.

"Stefan wants me to focus on this." Bonnie said. "Don't listen to him. He thinks that he's protecting me, but he's wrong." Elena argued. "Or maybe you are." I said and she glared at me telling me to shut it.

"I'm taking Stefan's side with this one." Bonnie said putting up priorities and took the moonstone from Elena's hand. "We're not gonna let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual."

At this moment Jeremy joined us from the joining bathroom. "What are you guys arguing about?" He asked. "We're not arguing about anything." I said staring at Elena looking to see if she had anything to say. She didn't so she kept her mouth shut.

Bonnie hid the stone in her bag and exchanged a look to Jeremy and I, we both got the idea and went along with her. "I need a coffee." She excused herself and left us alone.

Jeremy and I turned to Elena slumping down on her bed when she realised we were staring at her. "What?"

"Why are you on some suicide mission?" Jeremy was clearly upset about this as I was. "I'm trying to prevent everyone else from getting hurt." Elena explained.

"Oh so, bringing Klaus the moonstone so you can get yourself killed is okay?" He looked at her with a scoff. Jeremy shook his head and left when Elena doesn't respond.

"Laura, please tell me you understand. I mean you would do the same, wouldn't you?" She looked at me for compassion. "Elena, let me ask you something. Have you ever thought about how I would feel about you dying for our sake? Or Stefan's feelings? Jeremy's?" I asked.

Elena looked as though it was something she hadn't thought about, it kind of hurt. "It's nice to see how much we really mean to you, Elena. You care that little about our feelings." I said bitterly turning to leave.

"Laura, wait!" She called.

I turn back with a slightly hurtful look. "I never meant to hurt you, I just thought I could do this one thing for you." Elena said. She really is a good sister but also a terrible one.

"It doesn't mean anything to me if you're dead, Elena." I said with my voice breaking a little. I turn to leave before the tears could escape.

Stefan's POV

I've been trapped in the tomb for two days with Katherine and it's been like hell. It's great that Damon came to visit me to relieve some of the misery but I couldn't believe what he told me.

"You trapped her in the house?" I was stunned that they would think of that. "It's for the best. Trust me." Damon said seemingly amused by it.

I raise my brow at him. "Elena is on a martyr tear that rivals your greatest hits. You should be glad that the witch and I are getting along." He said sarcastically.

Damon gave me a duffle bag. "I brought you this. Care package: candles, lanterns and..." He dropped them on the ground past the barrier for me. "...lunch." He took out a bottle of blood and tried to give it to me.

"Give that to me and I'm just gonna have to share it with her." I said with my arms folded refusing to accept it even though I'm grateful of him.

Damon stared into the tomb where I'm sure Katherine's watching us. "Yeah..." He said glaring at her.

"You two are surprisingly calm, considering Klaus will hunt you down and kill you if you mess with his little plan." Katherine said inside the tomb. "I've been dead before, I got over it." Damon said dissing aside her attempt to scare us.

At this moment we heard footsteps coming down to the tomb and looked up. Laura came down holding onto a crossbow arrow with a dead squirrel on the end. "Stefan, tell you love me because I just got you something... really terrible." Laura said with disgust.

Wait, did she caught that for me?

Laura's clothes were covered in dirt and, adorable enough, she had a little bit of dirt on her face. "Here, take it! Take it! Take it!" She squealed asking me take the dead animal away from her.

"You caught that thing?" Damon looked at her surprised as I was. "Yeah, I spent the whole morning trying catch one." Laura said dusting off any trace of evidence that she killed a small animal.

"Wow! You must be tired." I laughed a little looking at her dirty clothes.

"They're surprisingly fast for small creatures with small feet!" She exclaimed. "Be thankful Stefan, cause this is never going to happen again." I gave her a warm smile before I knew it. "Thanks."

Laura returned a smile and I couldn't help but stare into her beautiful eyes. No, this isn't right, you're with Elena.

"Once we deal with this moonstone, we'll figure a way to get you out." Damon spoke up getting my attention. He gave me a look cause I was staring at Laura for too long.

"Don't worry about me. Just make sure Elena's safe." I told them.

Damon and Laura nod their heads. "Goodbye Katherine." Laura smirked at her before turning on her heels and left with Damon.

Laura's POV

After I delivered food to Stefan, Damon and I drove back to my house to keep an eye on for Elena just like Stefan asked because obviously he can't. "Hey, I didn't know you could hunt." Damon said from the driver's seat.

"I don't." I said getting a weird reaction from him. "This is just going to be one time thing for Stefan. Today is the first time in my life and will be my last." I said drawing a line for it now because I never want to kill another innocent animal again ever.

"So you would get dirty to find food for Stefan but not for me?" Damon said sounding a little jealous. "I would if your diet was animal blood." I looked at him.

"Not worth it." He said.

I laughed at him and grabbed his arm. "I'll give you something better and more tasty." I said with an inviting look. "All you have to do is ask." I said.

"Or I can just take it." Damon said suggestively. I raise a brow at him. "Just try." I said challenging him.

I know Damon won't actually try to drink my blood without asking me because I'm too precious to him. That's why I always win.

We finally arrived home and walked through the front door, we found Elena sitting in the couch with her arms folded with an angry foreline. "You should really lock you door." Damon commented.

"Speak for yourself." I gave him a look. Damon and Stefan never lock their front door so they have no room to tell us that. "That's because I was hoping you would sneak into my room every night." Damon smirked pulling me into his chest.

We kissed forgetting the fact that Elena was in the room with us. "Urgh, get a room both of you." Elena gagged. I gave her a glare. "Yeah, that's how I feel whenever you and Stefan do it." I told her.

Before I had Damon they would always kiss like they were the only ones left in the world. So Elena has no room to tell me to get a room.

I turn back to Damon. "I'm going to go change." I kiss Damon on the cheek and went up to my room to get out of my dirty clothes.

~ ~ ~ Night Fall ~ ~ ~

When I came back from my shower Damon had already left because he got a call from Ric to meet him at the Grill. So I stayed home with Elena and Jeremy making dinner because no one else knows how to cook.

Elena's cooped up in her room writing in her diary like everyday and Jeremy's in his room drawing scary sketches and listen to loud music. I was in my room when I heard Aunt Jenna coming home, she was awfully late than usual so I came downstairs to see if she wanted her dinner.

I came downstairs and found her raiding the closet under the stairs. "Hey what are you doing?" I looked on amazed with the amount of boxes stored in the closet. I never bothered to clean out the closet because it just seemed like a lot of boxes to clear out.

"Oh, perfect timing." Jenna gave a me a box before I could offer to help her. "Woah, okay... first thing you do is throw boxes at me." I said surprised by how heavy it was.

"I could use a lot of help around this house, you know?" Jenna scoffed. "Yeah, I was going to ask if you wanted dinner." I said.

"What is this stuff anyway?" I asked looking through the box in my hands, there's journals. "You're mom's files from the Historical Society." Jenna answered.

"I got roped into helping Mrs. Lockwood and by roped, I mean very excited to participate." She said picking up and closed the door with her foot.

I was startled when I came to face Elijah standing behind the door staring at me with a friendly smile. "Hey, I'm Elijah." He smiled politely pretending we've never met before. I was petrified and could move from my spot because I was terrified.

What is he doing here?

"Elijah's in town doing research on Mystic Falls." Jenna explained and took the box from me when I was took speechless to say anything. Elijah came up to me keep up his fake facade and extend his hand to me. "It's a pleasure."

I didn't want to risk putting Jenna in danger if I out him now so I forced myself to play along and shook his hand. Elijah kept staring at me with the same look he gave me the first day I met him.

"So you welcome to rummage through this stuff or Laura and I could help you load it into your car." Jenna suggested wrapping her arm around my shoulder. "Or I could get someone to pick it up tomorrow." Elijah said.

"Also a good plan." Jenna agreed going to get the door for him. "Thank you for inviting me into your home, Jenna. And Laura..." I was startled again when he called my name and he was amused by my reaction. "I hope to see you again sometime soon."

I didn't say anything because I was still in a state of shock and to respond. Elijah walked to the front door where Jenna was holding the door for him. As soon as he left I rushed up the stairs and ran to Elena's room.

I knocked on her door several times before trying to open the door when Elijah grabbed my hand scaring me. He gave me a warning look when Elena finally came out of her room, her hair was wet so she must have came out of the shower.

"Laura, what's wrong?" She asked failing to notice Elijah hiding behind her. He had his finger to his lips telling me not to say anything, I can only imagine he'll either of us if I didn't do what he wants.

"Uh, Jenna just needs some help with the boxes." I lied to her with my legs shaking. "Yeah, sure." She said and went downstairs walking past Elijah.

I watched as Elena went down the stairs with my heart still pounding loudly. "A wise choice." Elijah said behind me. I slowly turn back to him trying to stay calm but I couldn't hide the fear in my eyes. "What do you want?"

"I think it's time you and I had a little chat." Elijah said. I don't think I like where this is going but I knew I can't run away from this but I might get something out of this.

There's just one question bugging me; why did he save us the other day when the vampires came to take us. No, there's actually one other question I have to ask.

I showed him to room and closed the door to have a private talk without letting anyone know he's here. "Forgive the intrusion, I mean your family no harm." Elijah said taking a seat by the window.

I lock the door behind me so we wouldn't get interrupted. "Why did you kill those vampires when they tried to take us?" I asked folding my arms.

"Because I didn't want you to be taken." He responded casually earning a confused look from me. "Why not?" I asked.

"Klaus is the most feared and hated of the Originals, but those that fear him are desperate for his approval. If words gets out that the doppelgangers exist, there'll be a line of vampires eager to take you to him and I can't have that." He explained.

"Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do or do you have something else planned for us?" I looked at him suspiciously. "Let's just say that my goal is not to break the curse." Elijah said.

I look at him confused again. "Then what is it that you want? What is your goal?" I get a little annoyed with his vague answers.

"Klaus's obsession has made him paranoid. He's a recluse. He trusts only those in his immediate circle." Elijah explained.

"Like you?" I said suggestively. "Not any more." He shook his head.

Wait, if he's not is in inner circle anymore then he doesn't know where Klaus is. "You don't know where he is, do you?"

Elijah was silent on his end giving me his answer. "Is that why you're here, you want to use us to lure him out." I said figuring it out on my own. "Well, to do that I need to have your sister stay put and stop trying to get herself killed." He said.

"Yeah, try talking to her. She's great at listening to people." I said sarcastically. "But how do I know you're telling the truth?" I look at him still suspicious of his intention.

"If I wasn't being truthful, all your family would be dead and I'd be taking you and your sister to Klaus right now." He said making a point. "Instead, I'm here and I'm prepared to offer you a deal."

I look at him slightly interested. "What kind of a deal?" I walk up to him but still kept my distance. "Do nothing." Elijah said walking over to me dressing table.

I look at him slightly dumbfounded. "What kind of deal is that?"

"You and Elena just have to live your life and stop fighting, and when the time is right, you and I shall draw Klaus out together and I shall make certain your friends remain unharmed." Elijah said which peaked my interest.

"Okay, and then what?" I asked thinking there's got to be more than just playing the waiting game. "Then I'll kill him." Elijah looked at me.

"Just like that?" I raise a brow when it I heard it to be so simple. "Just like that." He said and I look on puzzled.

"I'm a man of my word, Laura. I make a deal, I keep a deal." I look at him with a little hope. "How are you going to be able to keep everybody safe?" I asked him.

"I notice you have a friend, Bonnie, is it? She seems to possess the gift of magic." He said bringing to my attention. "How do you know about Bonnie?" I asked.

"I have friends with similar gifts." He said making me believe he knows some witches as well. "Together, we can protect everybody that matters to you."

It seems like a reasonable deal that would mostly benefit us, I don't know what he's deal to kill Klaus but it solves all our problems. "So do we have a deal?" Elijah asked standing in front of me.

I was ready to accept the deal with him but before I could I had an idea. "On one condition; I need you to do one more thing for me." I said.

Elijah looked at me with intrigue. "We're negotiating now?" I smirked at him.

~ ~ ~

Stefan's POV

When the hell is Damon getting me out of here? I just want to kill myself right now, I can't take this anymore. Katherine spent the entire day messing with my head every time I let my guard down.

If I could kill her I would.

I kept myself away from her and refuse to talk to her for as long as I had to be trapped in there with here. "Are we seriously not going to talk at all?" Katherine spoke up much to my annoyance.

"We could talk about how you regret all you've done to make my life miserable." I said and looked at her but as I expected she didn't have an ounce of regret in her.

"What do you want me to say, Stefan? That I'm sorry for everything that I've done?" Katherine said walking around the tomb.

"Well I'm not, okay?" She put her hand on her hip with an attitude. "It's called self-preservation. I've been looking out for myself for 500 years." She said defending for her action which doesn't make her sound any less selfish.

I let out a laugh. "Look where it has gotten you." I said a bit happy since she deserved it. "Yes. I've done terrible things. I know that but I do love you, Stefan." Katherine claimed but it's not like I can trust her after all these years. "Even if you don't believe it."

"You want me to believe you? Show me. Do something." I turn my body around to face her properly. "Prove to me that there's something inside of you that's exactly worth trusting." I said.

"And then what? Hm? You're still going to hate me." Katherine said taking a seat in front of me. "I don't know, maybe and maybe I'll see that there's still hope for you after all." I said trying to manipulate her.

At first Katherine seemed to believe me but I guess she caught on easily. "You're playing me." She looked at me accusingly. "Am I?" She pursed her lips to show she wasn't sure whether to believe me or not.

"You wanna find Klaus? Kill him so that you can protect your precious Elena and one sided love for Laura?" Katherine looked at me with jealousy in her eyes.

"It's not one sided, I don't have feelings for Laura." I told her. "That's what you want to believe." She said seeing through me.

I avoid her eyes and changed the topic. "You know where Klaus is, don't you?" I asked. "No. I don't. But I could help you find him." Katherine replied.

"For a price I'm sure." I said knowing her well enough to know that it's not that simple with Katherine. "Start with Isobel." She said.

"Elena and Laura's mother. She was a research expert. She found me." She explained. I gave her a small nod to thank her. "You're welcome." She said.

We heard a loud noise from outside, we exchanged a look to each other. I picked up the lantern and walked towards the entrance when we were both surprised to see Elijah standing there.

Why the hell is he still alive?

I was shocked and confused but I wasn't as frightened as Katherine was, she was trembling in fear in his presence. "Elijah." She said scarcely. Elijah was pleased with her reaction. "Good evening, Katerina. Thank you for having the good sense to be frightened."

Elijah turned to me. "Your release have been requested." He said. I look at him confused. "What? By who?" I asked. "The lovely Laura drives a hard bargain. However, we reached a peaceful agreement, she and I."

Laura made a deal with him? What kind of deal did she make?

"Please. Come." Elijah gestured for me to step out of the tomb. "I can't." I said inferring to the barrier keeping from me from leaving. "Yes, you can. I had the spell lifted." He said.

I didn't know if I could trust the guy because he was supposed to be dead but I knew I could trust Laura. So I slowly stepped out of the tomb, once I got out Katherine tried to make her escape when Elijah got to her first.

I quickly step out of the way and watched Elijah compel Katherine. "As for you however, you should not exist until I say so. When Klaus comes he'll want to know exactly where you are." He said then released her from his compulsion.

Elijah turned back to me. "You're free to go. Laura will explain the arrangement to you." He said walking past me. "She keeps her word, I'll keep mine." He said before leaving the tomb.

I was about to leave when Katherine called out to me. "Stefan no. Please don't let him leave me in here." She begged me fearfully.

"Goodbye Katherine." I stare at her before I left her alone in there.

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

I stayed in my room still trying to process the fact that I just made a deal with Elijah, a vampire who was supposed to be dead but came back with some ulterior motives. A normal person wouldn't make a deal with him but there's was just something about him that made me did.

I hope I made the right choice. It was better than Elena's plan to go on a suicide mission. I have to explain this to Damon and Stefan later but I don't think they'll like it.

~ Flashback ~

"Stefan's stuck in the tomb with Katherine and I need your witches to get him out." I bargained desperately wanting to get Stefan out of there. "Stefan Salvatore. Consider it a deal." He said extending out his hand again.

I accepted his hand and shook on it to confirm the deal. Elijah was staring at me with a gentle look which was making it a bit awkward.

I slowly take my hand back. "I'm sorry, you just look a lot like her." He said stepping away from me. "I am not Katherine." I sounded a bit offended that I was hearing the same thing all over again.

"I know." Elijah said reverently taking me slightly by surprise.

"You are nothing like Katherine." He's the first person to say that. "Why do you say that?" I asked wanting to know what he thinks of me.

Elijah smiled. "I've studied your persona, you most definitely possess the gift of alluring and I completely understand why the Salvatore brothers have a special affection towards you and Elena."

I couldn't quite grasp what he meant and was momentarily confused. "Well, I best be on my way. We'll keep in touch." He said turning to leave via the window.

"Wait!" I stopped him before he could disappear. "Who's Tatia?" Elijah froze by the mention of her name. "You said her name before. Who is she?" I asked.

"She was someone I knew a long time ago." He said with nostalgia. He had a look of love in his eyes.

I was about to ask him about her but before I could he disappeared from my sight.

~ End of Flashback ~

I was lost in thought when I heard a knock on my door, I turned my gaze to the door when I saw Stefan standing there smiling at me. "Stefan." I got from the window seat and ran up to hug him.

"Thank you." He said in my ear. "Anytime." I said and pulled away from him. "Uh, I heard you made a deal with Elijah." Stefan said. "Yeah, about that..." I said nervously.

"So what did he promise you?" Stefan asked folding his arms. "He promised keeps everyone I love safe in return he kills Klaus for us." I explained. "Elena just has to sit still and stop trying to get herself killed."

"And you trust him?" Stefan asked with doubt.

"Look, I know it's not ideal but what other choice do we have, Stefan?" I look at him with no other way out. "We don't know what we're going up against. We don't know what Klaus is capable of-- I mean, even Katherine's afraid of him." I pointed out.

Stefan was nodding his head seemingly to agree with me. "I'm scared, Stefan. Elena's hell bent on sacrificing herself to save everyone and I can't do anything." I said panicking a little bit.

Stefan grabbed my arms. "Hey, it's okay. It's okay to be afraid." He said giving me courage. "You have Damon protecting you, and you have me. We won't let anything happen to you guys." He said and give him a small smile.

"Just don't die for our sake." I told him. "That's all I ask." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.9K 2K 27
Kenzie Gilbert is dead. Gone is the mute, depressed teenage girl she was before she met Stefan Salvatore. Left behind was the young woman she became...
130K 2.8K 19
A sister bond is something unbreakable...right? Not for the Gilbert sisters. Elena is the perfect straight A student, while being a cheerleader. But...
13.4K 140 71
Aria Gilbert is the twin sister Elena Gilbert but even though they were twin they were very much different. While they both were cheerleaders and had...
86.8K 1.7K 82
--Vampire Diaries Fanfiction-- We're all born and one day we all die. But the world isn't that simple. We all know the stories our parents told us be...