The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

The Sacrifice

4.6K 114 9
By slRose18qn

Laura's POV

I was getting ready for school when I noticed a few of my things missing. I was trying to look for my favourite necklace when I couldn't find it anywhere. I let out a frustrated sigh. "Elena!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "What?" She yelled back and came into my room. "Did you take my necklace?" I look at her accusingly.

She did this all the time when we were kids, she would always steal my clothes. That's one of the downside of having a twin or any sister who thinks they can fit your clothes even though they don't. I never take any of her clothes because there's nothing I can take from her closet.

Elena frowned. "No, did you take my stuff?" She asked. I scrunched my face at her question. "No, there's nothing in your room for me to take. You have the worst taste." I mocked and she rolled her eyes.

"Forget it, I'll find something else." I went back to my dressing table to put on my earrings. "Did hear something last night?" I asked Elena when she didn't go back to her room. I heard some noise last night but I was too tired to get out of bed and check on it.

"Yea, that was Alaric and Jenna, they were..." She trailed off and that's when I the picture so she didn't have to finish it. "Well, if Jenna's happy then I am happy." I said picking out a random but alright necklace.

At this moment the doorbell rang. "Who's that?" I asked. "I don't know." Elena replied before going downstairs to answer the door.

After I finish getting ready I went downstairs and saw Damon and Stefan with a serious look. "What's going on?" I asked. "We went to see Katherine." Damon said.

The boys just went to see Katherine to get the moonstone back but as expected it wasn't easy. They couldn't get it without getting themselves trapped in the tomb and Katherine wasn't kind enough to just throw it to them. If we want that moonstone from her we had to let her out which wasn't up for discussion.

"You don't believe her, do you?" Elena asked them. "No, of course not. We just want the moonstone." Damon said throwing an orange between his hands.

"Maybe you shouldn't have put it in there with her in the first." I look at him as if it was stupid move which it was because now we need it. "I didn't think it was that important to keep with us." He reasoned. "Katherine wanted it. If she wants something it's all the more reason not to give it to her!" I argued with him.

"Guys, come on." Stefan looked at us sternly to get back on track. "According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break." He explained.

"No spell, no doppelganger sacrifice. Ergo, you both get to live" Damon said which brought me hope. "How do you destroy it?" I asked. "By releasing it from the moonstone." Stefan answered leaning over the table.

"How do you guys even know this is gonna work?" Elena asked with uncertainty. "Cause we have a crafty witch on our side." Damon answered. "You discussed it with Bonnie." Elena said after realising they already spoke to Bonnie before talking to us.

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us." Stefan said. "But Katherine has the moonstone and she's not going to hand it over." I pointed out. "What are we going to do?" I start to pace the room.

"We're gonna get it." Stefan assured me. "Well, what he means to say is, we will pry it from her cold, dead hand if we have to." Damon said looking as though he was ready to do it which I was totally fine with.

"Bonnie just needs to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, get the moonstone, and get out in time for her to return it." Stefan explained the details of the plan. "Sounds like a great plan." I said readily agreeing with them.

"Wow. I mean, it sounds like you guys already have it all planned out." Elena said looking rather unsupportive of the idea. "Yep. We're awesome." Damon bragged. "Except for one thing. I don't want you to do it." Elena said causing us to stare at her.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" I stare at her as if I heard her wrong. "What are you talking about? Elena. we don't have a choice." Stefan looked at her. "What about Klaus?" She asked.

"We'll find him right after we get the moonstone." She said like it was possible. We have no clue what he looks like or even know where he is. "Is that before or after he kills everyone I care about including the two of you?" She pointed at them.

"Elena, I know you're scared so am I. But we can't give up before we even try to save ourselves and our friends." I told her. "Remember we're not the only ones who are in danger, Tyler and Caroline are as well. We can't drag them down with us." I reasoned with her.

"Elena, if we can de-spell the moonstone, we can save you and Laura's life." Stefan was trying to get her to understand but it didn't sway her. "I know. Everybody keeps saying that." She said and walked out of the kitchen.

I stare at her in disbelief and turned to the boys "Can you believe her?" I exclaimed. Neither of the could say anything, they were speechless and exchanged looks with each other.

~ ~ ~

Elena's POV

Stefan and Damon may think they can save mine and Laura's life but it could risk putting everyone's life in danger. If we were to find a way out of this Klaus could kill everyone we ever cared about just like how he killed Katherine's entire family for crossing him. I couldn't let that happen.

When Katherine told us Klaus killed her family I pictured the same thing happening to my family. Jenna, Jeremy and even Alaric... and Laura. I couldn't let that happen. So I have to do this my way.

Without letting Laura or the boys know where I was going I drove down to their place to find Rose because I knew she was staying there. I entered the house because they never lock their door. "Rose?" I called her.

"Elena." I turned my head and saw Rose standing at the end of the hallway walking over to me. "What are you doing here?" She asked. "I came to talk to you." I wasn't afraid of her anymore now that I know she's on our side. "Sure." Rose nodded.

She led me to the library where I told her I wanted to get in contact with Klaus. "It's a bad idea." She flatly rejected and shook her head. "No, it's not." I argued. "From what Stefan told me, your friend Slater obviously has more information about Klaus. You and Damon just gave up before you even got it."

"That's because somebody blew up a coffee shop with us in it." Rose exclaimed. "There's more to learn. We just have to find a way to learn it." She rolled her eyes at me. "Why are you coming to me with this?"

"Because you owe Laura and I." I said attempting to blackmail her. "One word from us, and Damon and Stefan could have killed you for kidnapping us." I raise a brow threatening her.

"Or maybe it's because you know that they wouldn't want you to be doing this." Rose easily picked up my lie and caught me in it. "And their moonstone caper gives you a chance to sneak away."

"We're having a disagreement, okay?" I avoided her question after I was caught. "They're willing to risk everyone that I love and I'm not. Laura's the same." I told her. "Then why isn't she here with you?" Rose pointed out.

I couldn't answer her. "She's not here because she's on board with Damon and Stefan's idea. She's trying to find a way out of it." Rose said. "They're just trying to protect you guys."

"And you've proven that you couldn't care less whether I'm protected or not. So, we're back to you taking me to Slater." I insisted stubbornly. Rose sighed and sat down next to me on the couch. "What exactly do you hope to achieve by this?" She asked.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy trying to get her to help me so I had to offer her something she couldn't resist. "How would you like to be able to walk during the daylight?" I tried to bribe her.

Rose became speechless when I offered this to her. "I've been a slave to shadows for 500 years, what do you think?" She said. "I think I know a witch who's willing to do whatever it takes to help, if you're willing to make a deal." I said.

~ ~ ~

I've managed to get Rose to to agree to take me to see this Slater guy, she went upstairs to get her jacket protect herself from the sun. I went outside to wait for her in the car when I met Laura standing outside with her arms folded with a sharp look.

"Laura, what are you doing here?" I asked surprised that she showed up out of the blue. "I could ask you the same thing." She said. "I, um, I- I" I stuttered on my words trying to think of a lie but it wasn't helping. "Save it, Elena. You're not very good at lying. So let's just skip this whole diversion." Laura said walking up to me.

"What the hell are you thinking?" She exclaimed. "Nothing that should concern you." I said trying to hide my motives. "Well, it does concern me if you're thinking of doing something stupid again." She said.

"It's not something stupid, I'm just trying to minimise the collateral damage as much as possible." I explained to her. "And how are you going to do that? Please don't say you want to offer yourself up as a sacrifice. It's not an option, Elena." Laura said looking determined to stop me.

"This is the only option, Laura." I look at her seriously for her understanding. "If we make the same mistake Katherine did, Klaus will kill everyone we love. Do you really want that?"

"Of course I don't! We've already lost mom and dad, I don't want to lose anyone else." Laura looked at me as though she wanted to cry but she never let it show. "You maybe okay with this, Elena, but I don't want to die."

I was about to say something to her when the front door opened and Rose stepped out making Laura and I go silent. "Laura, what are you doing here?" Rose asked when she saw Laura.

Laura pretend there was nothing wrong. "Elena disappeared and I figured she would be here. Where are you guys going?" She asked. "I'm taking Elena to go see my friend, Slater." Rose answered.

"Great, let's go." She said and went over towards the car. "Wait, you're coming with us?" I asked her nervously. Laura turned to me. "Is there a problem?" She's probably tagging along so she can stop me.

"Yes, you can't come." I objected but it was no use against Laura. "If I can't change your mind then you can't stop me from coming with you." She said and hopped in the car. I sighed out a troubled sigh.

~ ~ ~

Rose drove us to Slater's place driving her car to an underground parking lot connected to his apartment. We climbed a flight of stairs until we arrived at the door where Rose banged her fist against it twice. "Slater? Slater, it's Rose. Open up!" She shouted but there was no response inside.

"He's not home. Sorry." Rose turned to leave when I shook my head refusing to leave without seeing him. "Mm-mm. No. We didn't come all the way out here for nothing." I nod my head towards the door telling her to just open it.

Rose rolled her eyes at my insistence and pushed opened the doors using her vampire strength. "After you." She gestured for us to go inside first. I hesitantly entered the room while Laura just casually walked in not caring that she's entering a vampire's lair.

The place was dark and cold that could bring you the shivers. "Slater?" Rose went around to find Slater. "I don't think he's going to be much help." Laura said staring at something in the hallway.

Rose and I frowned at her before walking over, I gasp when I saw a dead body with a stake in it's heart lying in the floor. I look at them and the body before I slapped my hand to my forehead in frustration.

Rose went to Slater's body and dragged him away, I was disappointed and frustrated when I lost my lead so I walked over to Slater's computer desk. There were like 6 screens and paperworks spread out across the table, Slater must have done a lot of research and tracking.

"Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop found him and killed him for his information." Laura said picking up a bunch of papers like I did. "Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us." Rose rejoined us after hiding the body. "The guy was a vampire on my almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass." She said.

I went through the information in my hand hoping to find anything that would help me find Klaus but there was nothing. Not much of it made sense to me.

I so focused I didn't pay attention to what Rose was doing when she decided to open the blinds. "What are you..?" I exclaimed when I was hit with the bright light. "

Tempered glass. UV rays can't penetrate." Rose explained opening the curtains wider to make the room a whole lot brighter. She was staring out the window with envy. "I used to come here and watched the day."

I was looking a framed photo with Slater and his girlfriend, I look back at Rose. "I'm sorry about Slater." I gave her my sympathy. Rose turn back to me. "Any luck?" She asked avoiding to have the sympathy talk.

I put the picture down and tried to log into one of his computers. "Um... It's password protected. I can't get in." I said with disappointment.

"Then this is pointless. Let's just go." Laura said when we heard a noise coming from the back room. We jumped at the noise in scare, my heart almost jumped out of my chest when I get the feeling it could be a vampire.

"Stay here." Rose instructed us and went towards the noise. She open a set of door and looked inside. "Alice?"

Laura and I looked at each other with weird looks before turning to see a girl jumping into Rose's arms and sobbing. When I saw her face I immediately recognise her from the picture frame.

Laura's POV

Rose was consoling Slater's girlfriend who has been crying for the last 20 minutes, I was making coffee hoping it would calm her down and shut her up from crying too much. "I think she's faking." I said softly so Alice wouldn't hear me.

Elena looked at me with a frown. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Come on, Elena. The girl doesn't look like she's in love with Slater." I pointed out.

At the same time Rose came over to us after she finished talking to Alice. "She found him a few minutes before we did." Rose explained softly and took a seat next to Elena. "How is she?" Elena asked. "Overreacting. Big time." Rose responded with a look.

Elena looked at her a deep frown. "Her boyfriend just died. There's no such thing as overreacting." She said. "Those tears are for her. She didn't care about Slater." Rose told us. "She was only dating him long enough to see if he'd turn her."

"See. What'd I tell ya?" I turned to Elena with a know-it-all look. I picked up a coffee mug for Alice before I walked over to her. "Here." I gave it her which she accepted. "Thank you."

We sat in silence for a moment when she looked at me. "You look really familiar." She said studying my face. "I get that a lot." I said remembering most of the time people say that to me is because they think I look like Katherine.

"Did you know Slater?" Alice asked. "No. I knew he kept detailed records of all of his vampire contacts and we were hoping he could help us find Klaus." I explained.

"Doubtful. Klaus doesn't want to be pointed at." Alice told us. I look at her with a suspicious look. If she's been dating Slater for a long time to know about Klaus then she must know how to get into his computer. "Do you know Slater's computer password?" I asked.

Alice glared at me for pushing the boundaries. "Are you seriously asking me that right now? I just saw my boyfriend with a stake through his heart." She snapped. "Yes, your boyfriend who you were just using to turn into vampire." I said and she looked at me surprised.

Alice looked at me as if offended. "I loved Slater." I looked at her doubtful. "If you really loved him then you would be crying over his dead body literally hugging his cold dead body something you're not doing."

"Laura..." Elena called out to me but I ignored her. Alice scoffed at me when I called her out on her fake love. "Bitch, who do you think you are?"

"Laura Gilbert." I answered calmly. "A girl who can get anything she want, and she wants the password to your boyfriend's computer." I look at her with a demanding look. "And why should I give it to you?" Alice glared at me.

I glance at Rose and came up with an idea. "What if I convince Rose to turn you?" I offered her a deal. Rose looked at me with a look that says 'what are you doing' but I ignored her. "Will you show us the files then?"

Alice's smile immediately lit up when I offered her something I knew she couldn't refused and she readily logged into Slater's computer. We all hovered around the computer but all the files have been deleted.

"Someone's been here. The hard drive's completely wiped out." Alice told us. Elena walked away frustrated to have her hopes crushed again. "Yeah, probably whoever killed him." Rose said.

"Lucky for you. Slater was paranoid. Everything's backed up on a remote server." Alice said and tapped on a few keys on another computer. Elena turned back to look over the screen again.

Rose turned to me and whispered. "You know that she's not going anyway near my blood, right?" She said with a hard look. "Of course I know. She doesn't." I replied and Rose smiled at my deception.

"Kristen Stewart. God, was he obvious." Alice mocked which proved even further how little she cared about Slater. She pulled up a file with a list of names. "These are all lead to vampires?" Elena asked.

"Slater was obsessed. Almost as much as me." Alice smiled gleefully. "What about that one?" Rose pointed to a particular name. "Cody Webber. They exchanged dozens of emails about Elijah." She leaned in towards the screen for a better look.

"I could call him." Alice suggested and Elena immediately picked up a phone and gave it to Alice. "Tell him that we're trying to send a message to Klaus." I looked at Elena and slapped her arm but she ignored it. "The doppelganger is alive and she's ready to surrender."

"What?!" Rose and I said at the same time.

"Oh my god. I knew I recognised you two." Alice smiled widely looking at the both of us. "Get him the message, please." Elena hurried her and quickly walked out of the room.

Rose and I followed her and did the mistake to leave Alice alone to the number. "What are you doing?" Rose asked her. Elena turned to us. "I'm getting Klaus's attention." She answered.

"If Klaus knows that you're both alive, he'll find you and kill you." Rose warned her and Elena stayed quiet on her end making us realised it was her plan all along. "It is exactly what she wanted all along." I said staring at her in disbelief.

I already had a feeling she was going to do something like this but when it became real I was just hard to believe. "You're completely insane, Elena." I said to her. "It's either us or our family, Laura."' She told me.

"So this whole charade is some suicide mission so that you could sacrifice yourself and save everyone else?" Rose questioned her. Elena doesn't answer.

Alice entered the room after finishing her call with Cody Webber. "Cody is on his way and he really wants to meet the two of you." She said and I widen my eyes at her. "You told him there's two of us."

"Yes." She answered as if it was the right thing to do. I close my eyes frustrated and sighed loudly. "Was I not suppose to do that?" She asked. I snap a look at her. "Ya think? Get her out of here." I said to Rose and she did.

"This is why I didn't want you to come with us." Elena said and I raise a brow at her. "You're right, I probably shouldn't have come here and let you die on your own!" I snapped at her.

"Klaus needs one doppelganger to break the curse, there's two of us... and you're going to give yourself to him." I came to realise that this was her goal from the beginning.

Elena looked at me with a sad and guilty look. "This is me giving you the chance to live your life, Laura." She tried to walk up to me when I avoided her. "Which is what? Letting you go on a stupid suicide mission?" I exclaimed.

"No, you know what? Elena, you've made many stupid choices in your life but this is by far the most idiotic thing you've ever done!" I yelled in her face.

"I'm just trying to be a good sister to you, Laura." She said calmly and softly when I yelled at her. "Yeah, well do me a favour and stop trying!" I yelled at her again before I walked away.

~ ~ ~

Third Person's POV

Hiding in a closed off apartment was Elijah who was still alive and well, his witch Jonas Martin was with him sitting at the table with the twin's stolen items spread out on the table. "So how exactly does this spell work?" Elijah asked him.

"Give me your hand." Jonas had a silver knife in his hand and held out his other hand to Elijah. Elijah extended his hand out with his palm facing up allowing Jonas to slice his palm with the knife to bleed.

"Place it here." Jonas gestured to the photo frame of the Gilbert sisters in their cheerleading uniform from freshmen year. Elijah carefully placed his hand over the frame letting the blood drip down into the picture.

"Now, take my hand." Jonas said holding out his other hand without the blade for Elijah to take. "Close your eyes. Relax your mind. And look for them." Elijah does so as instructed. Jonas closed his eyes as well and began to chant a locating spelling to find the twin.

In the meantime Laura was standing by the window staring at it in silence, she was upset at her Elena's choice to face this alone. Laura was starting to feel guilt for selfishing wanting to stay alive when her sister was bravely sacrificing herself for everyone else.

She breathed silently as she stared out the window when the reflection of Elijah appeared on the glass walking towards her. She gasped in fright and snapped her body around to see no one behind her.

Laura breathed heavily from the shock and turned her head back to the window, nothing was there. She began to believe it was her hallucination and brushed the thought away.

Back in the apartment Elijah's opened his eyes when he saw Laura. "You saw her didn't you?" Jonas asked. "I know exactly where she is." Elijah answered.

~ ~ ~

Elena's POV

I was walking around the house waiting Cody Webber to come take me to Klaus, Laura still refuses to talk to me. I had a glass of water in my hand and was about to drink it when I noticed Alice was scared looking behind me.

I turned around and gasped when I met Damon's face, I jump back from the sudden shock almost spilling my drink. "What are you doing here?" He glared at me. "What are you doing here?" I asked instead.

I heard footsteps approaching and turned to see Rose. "You called him?" I looked at her angrily. "I'm sorry, Elena." She apologised. "You said that you understood." I glared at her. "She lied." Damon said and I turned back to him. Great, he's not going to be easily swayed like Laura. I can't fight this wall.

"Damon Salvatore!" Alice walked up to us and looked at him with a gleaming look. "Get rid of her." He looked at Rose. "No way!" Alice said before Rose pulled her into a different room.

"Damon?" Laura walked into the room and went up to him. He grabbed her arm. "Hey, you okay?" He asked. She didn't say anything but just nodded with a lack of energy.

"Come on. We're leaving." He said and turned to the door with Laura in his hand. "No." I told him flatly and stayed where I was. Damon turned back to me. "I said we're leaving." He said sternly.

"I'm not going with you. You can take Laura and leave." I said stubbornly staking my ground. "You do not get to make decision anymore." Damon glared at me.

"When have I ever made a decision?" I exclaimed. "You and Stefan do that for me, Now this, this is my decision." I look at him seriously hoping he would get the idea and leave me with it.

"Who's going to save your life when you're out making decision?" Laura retorted. "You're not listening me, both of you." I looked at them. "I don't want to be saved. Not if it means that Klaus is gonna kill every single person that I love." I said to them clearly.

I turned to Laura. "I'm doing this for you, Laura." She just shook her head at me completely against my decision. "I don't need you to do this for me. Now get your ass out of the door right now." She glared.

I keep my silence and don't move from my spot. "Damon, grab her." Laura said to Damon and he does so by grabbing me by the arm. He was rough and I struggled to release myself from his tight grasp.

I tried to throw my fist at him but he caught my hand moved it towards me, I winced at the pain he was giving me. "Don't ever do that again." He warned me.

Laura's POV

We were waiting for Damon to come out of the other room where he's going to compel Alice to forget about meeting us ever. We were waiting for him in the living room when he finally came out after a few minutes.

"Time to go. Alice is soundly sleeping and won't remember a moment of this horribly stupid day." He said and walked over to us. "Good, now let's leave before that Webber guy gets here." I said getting out of my seat.

We were about to leave when the doors burst open and three men entered the room. "We're here to meet the doppelgangers." One of them spoke. Damon immediately stepped in front of me covering me from their view.

Elena stepped forward. "Thank you for coming." She said but Damon held her back. "I will break your arm." He threatened in a soft whisper then turned to the vampires. "There's nothing for you guys here." He said.

Suddenly the man in the back dropped dead to the floor surprising us, but what shocked us was who was standing by the door. It was Elijah. It can't be. He should be dead. How is that even possible?

Elijah was holding the vampire's heart in his hand before he dropped it at his body. The two other vampires turned to him shocked. Elijah vamped speed towards them looking at one to the other.

We were all in shock that we couldn't move, we couldn't believe Elijah was still alive when we saw Damon killed him. At this moment Rose escaped and left us to fend for ourselves,

"I killed you. You were dead." Damon said unable to believe the situation. Elijah looked at us. "For centuries now." He said making us confused. Elijah didn't pay attention to us and turned back to the vampires in front of him. "Who are you?"

"Who are you?" One of them asked rudely instead. "I'm Elijah." He responded. The vampires began to tremble at his presence. "We were going to bring her-- them to you." He explained in a scared voice.

Elijah turned his gaze back at us but mostly at me. "For Klaus. They're the doppelgangers." The vampire pointed at us trying to explain the situation. "I don't know how they exists but they do. Klaus would want to see them."

I breathed nervously when Elijah kept staring at me making me uncomfortable. Damon seemed to notice it as well and tried to cover me from his view with his body.

"Does anyone else know that you're here?" Elijah asked. "No." The vampire responded. "Well then, you have been incredibly helpful." Elijah smiled before reaching into his chest and ripped out their hearts.

I gasped when I watched Elijah held their hearts his in hand and let them drop to the floor next to their bodies. Damon prepared to fight against Elijah but Elijah vamped speed out of the apartment leaving us shocked and bewildered.

~ ~ ~

Third Person's POV

Elijah was standing by the window in Jonas apartment after he went to save the Gilbert sisters from being taken by Klaus' followers. Jonas entered the room and closed the door behind him.

"Where's Luka?" Elijah asked not bothering to away from the window. "Asleep." Jonas answered with a single word. "You're shadow spell was successful." Elijah said quite satisfied.

"I was able to track the girl and her sister. However, I did have a little run in with one of the brothers that killed me. Her boyfriend apparently." He said with distaste and resentment.

"I assume he didn't live to tell about it." Jonas spoke. "Actually, I spared him." Elijah said making Jonas surprised by his answer. "He'd die before he'd let anything happen to her. They both would." He said referring to both Damon and Stefan. "They'll be kept safe."

"For now." Jonas nod in agreement. "Well, that's precisely where we need them to be." Elijah said in a matter-of-fact and finally turned back to Jonas. "Safe."

Laura's POV

Damon drove us back home and he walked us up to the front porch just for precaution. Elena was angry at him and refused to say anything to him the entire ride home. "Thank you bringing us home." I thanked Damon.

"Well, your ride left you. I couldn't leave you stranded." Damon said glaring at the back of Elena's head. "She was just scared. She didn't mean to run." Elena turned back and made an excuse for Rose who ditched us.

"Yes, she did. She's been running for 500 years." Damon said looking pissed. "I can't believe Elijah's still alive." Elena said changing the subject.

"Why do you think he killed those vampires and just let us go?" I asked a question that's been on my mind for a while. "If I had a dollar for every time some evil vampire surprise me." Damon muttered.

Elena rolled her eyes and tried to open the front door when Damon pulled her back to get her attention. "What you did today was incredible stupid." He lectured her. "More like idiotic." I correct him and stared at her.

"Actually the only thing that was stupid and idiotic was that I got caught." Elena shook his grip off her. "I don't question why you guys and Stefan and everyone else try so hard save me." She complained. "You shouldn't question why I would try to save all of you."

"And you think giving out your neck makes you heroic?" I looked at her stunned. At her brave stupidity. "That's not heroic, Elena. That's just you proving how stupid you are." I snapped.

Our argument was about to become ugly if it wasn't for the front door opening. Jeremy stepped out and the first thing I saw was a large bandage on his neck. "Oh my god, Jeremy what happened?" I looked at him shocked.

Jeremy was hesitant to tell us and I was ready getting a feeling that it wasn't good news. "It's Stefan." He said look guilty.

Bonnie explained to us how Stefan saved Jeremy from Katherine and now he was stuck in the tomb with her. So we drove to the tomb and Elena quickly jumped out of the car to get to Stefan. "Stefan!" She screamed running towards the tomb. "Stefan!

Damon vamped speed ahead of me to stop Elena from running into the tomb. I ran down the tomb and saw Damon pinning Elena up against the wall stopping her from entering. "Don't you dare." He warned her.

"Stefan's in there, Damon! How could you let this happen?" She yelled at him angrily and blamed him for this. "What are you talking about? I was too busy saving you from your crazy kamikaze mission." He argued.

"You didn't even have to go after the moonstone in the first place!" Elena said yelled. "It was the right call, Elena." Damon reasoned. "Right call? How is any of this the right call?!" She exclaimed.

"Damon, let go of me!" Elena start to hit his chest to get out of his hold. "Damon, let go of me!" Damon didn't respond to her struggles and kept holding her up against the wall. Let go of me! Let go of me!"

At this point Elena was losing her strengths to hit him anymore "Please." She stared at him with a pleading look. "Are you done?" Damon released Elena and backed away.

Elena looked into the tomb and was about to walk in but Damon blocked her. "Don't." He gave her a warning look. .Elena glared and cursed him under her breath before she was forced to leave.

I turn to Damon with a tired look, he was also tired having to deal with a handful like Elena. We both turn to the tomb when we saw Stefan walking out from the dark with a look of shame.

"Of all the idiot plans, Stefan" Damon looked at Stefan who had nothing to say but just smile and laugh at himself. "You guys are definitely perfect for each other. Two idiots in love. One going on suicide missions and the other getting trapped in a tomb with the psychotic bitch." I said with lack of sensitivity.

Stefan smiled at me bitterly and stood by the doorway where the barrier was keeping him "We'll find a way to get you out." Damon promised him. "It's alright. I'll handle myself." Stefan told us.

"Bonnie has the moonstone. Work with her. Try to figure out how to de-spell it." He said and we nodded. "You martyred yourself into the tomb and I get partnered with a semi-competent witch. Wonderful." Damon commented.

"Keep Elena away from here." Stefan looked at us giving us hard task. "Yeah, cause that'll be easy." I said. "I'm sure it's nothing difficult for you." He said to me. I rolled my eyes.

Stefan turned to his brother. "Promise me. No matter what happens. You'll protect the two of them." He said entrusting us to Damon. "Promise." Damon responded taking on the heavy burden.

"Guys,don't go to such length for us." I told them. "But I know you guys won't listen to is so just do me one thing. Stay alive." I stare at the both of them with deep love. Stefan smiled. "I'll try."

"I don't want to try, Stefan. I want you to tell me that you will." I look at him seriously. "Promise me." I look at both brother.

"We will." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 271 24
Evangeline Gilbert, Elena Gilbert's little sister and Jeremy Gilbert's twin. She's genius, beautiful, kind but also bad-ass. When the Gilbert's paren...
86.8K 1.7K 82
--Vampire Diaries Fanfiction-- We're all born and one day we all die. But the world isn't that simple. We all know the stories our parents told us be...
91.4K 2.4K 49
What happens when Leah Gilbert returns to her town a little over a year after the death of her parents. Everything has been turned upside down. Vampi...
13.4K 140 71
Aria Gilbert is the twin sister Elena Gilbert but even though they were twin they were very much different. While they both were cheerleaders and had...