The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

Brave New World

4.4K 123 2
By slRose18qn

Damon's POV

After Laura rejected me and I killed her brother out of anger I came home and sat myself in front of the fireplace staring at it like I lost my soul. I made the biggest mistake tonight and just lost the girl I love over a impulse desire. A few hours later Stefan came home and stormed into the room with the same look our father use to give me whenever I disappointed him. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What's it to you." I muttered and drank bourbon from the bottle. "You killed Jeremy tonight you think Laura's ever going to forgive you for that!" Stefan yelled. I didn't mean to kill him. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The moment I killed him... the look she gave me when I killed Jeremy... I knew. I knew I shouldn't have done that no matter how angry I was. I made things worse for myself, she's never going to forgive me now.

If only I could turn back time I wouldn't have...

"You're lucking Jeremy was wearing his ring or he would have really been dead." Stefan said and I looked at him surprised. "He's still alive?" I looked relieved when I heard the news. "John Gilbert gave him his ring before he left, Jeremy was wearing it when you killed him." Stefan explained lifting the heavy guilt off my shoulders but that didn't changed the fact I tried to kill him.

"You said you will never hurt her! Damon, look at what you've done!" Stefan looked at me as if he was ready to murder me any minute. "Do you think I wanted that?" I look at him and get up to my feet. "I never meant for this to happen, I never wanted to hurt her!" I yelled in all honesty.

Stefan scoffed and turned away in disgust. "I thought you really have changed, for Laura, but I guess I was wrong. No, I was wrong to let you go after her in the first place!" He pointed accusingly. "You just had to screw things up with her, didn't you, Damon?"

"... I love her, Stefan." I said quietly but clearly for him to hear.

"Well, you have a very strange and sick way of showing it." Stefan glared at me before walking out the room.

'I love you. I love her.' I keep repeating those words over and over in my head because it's true. The one I love is Laura. From the moment I've met her until now I've only been hurting her over the whole Katherine ordeal. I'm the worst boyfriend ever.

I have to make things right with her.

~ ~ ~ Next Day ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

Normally when you break up with someone you would curl yourself up in bed and cried until you fall asleep. Then you would binge eat, watch a lot of cliche romance movies, cry and fall asleep again until you feel like being a normal again and get on with your life. But that's not me. I don't get over a breakup like that, I move on faster than Elena catches up with the latest falls collection.

Our high school carnival was tonight and we had to prepare for it and being a member on the committee team I had to oversee everything since Caroline's not here to do that. So Elena and Bonnie were pitching in to help me manage a few things but Bonnie was has been talking about how much I look like Katherine much to my annoyance. "Katherine looked just like you guys. It was freakish." She said.

"Freakish doesn't explain all of it, Bonnie, but let's just go with that for now." I said as tick off a few items that's just arrived at the delivery bay. Bonnie and I made up since she was only looking out for me, I lucky to have this many people looking out for me and telling me how Damon is wrong for me. I shouldn't have treated her like that.

"She is our ancestor." I said. "Hey guys, I want the student booth to be moved into the cafeteria." I told some girls walking by and they nod to get the message.

"You're vampire ancestor and she didn't just resemble the two of you like a family member would, she was you." Bonnie kept talking as I grabbed bags of stuffed animals and brought them over to the caravan. "Bonnie, I know this is shocking I'm just as freaked out as you are. I honestly can't explain how it is possible for someone to look like us. It's creepy that's all I got."

"How did you know she's not still out there pretending to be you or Elena?" Bonnie asked.

"I don't but I could sit here and be tortured by the not-knowing or I could get these prizes to the ring toss." I ripped open one of the bag to take out the stuffed toys and hang them on the caravan. "Have you talk to Damon since he killed Jeremy or tried to kill Jeremy?" I froze when Bonnie mentioned his name and I stopped what I was doing.

I turn to face her looking a bit annoyed. "No Bonnie, I haven't and won't. I broke up with him and there's nothing more to talk about." I told her and she looked at me concerned. "I don't want to talk about Damon or anything else about vampires okay?" I looked at her demandingly and push the bag of stuffed toys to her.

Bonnie smiled and held the toys. "Copy that."

I huffed out a tired breath and turn back to grab a few more bags of stuffed toys. "I'm human and I have to do human stuff. And the normal thing for me to do now is to move on from my psychotic vampire ex-boyfriend. Otherwise, I'm going to go crazy." I turn back to Bonnie and she agreed to let the issue go. "Okay, I'm sorry. I'll focus."

I smile at her for getting and turn back to the list of items that needs to be done. "We have to make Caroline proud or she will kill us. I don't know how she does all of this." She said and I scoffed. "Well that's because she's not human, obviously." I made a joke and Bonnie laughed at it. "Obviously."

~ ~ ~ Nightfall ~ ~ ~

After putting much effort into bringing this carnival together I was still on duty checking over a few things making sure everything was running smoothly. Since I don't feel like enjoying most of these carnival games I can just go around bossing people. I was working behind the caravan when I noticed Damon walking over to me I immediately rolled my eyes and turned away pretending not to notice him.

"How's my girlfriend doing?" Damon said as he came up behind me. "You mean your ex-girlfriend." I don't look at him and check off a few things off my list. "I don't recall ever breaking up." He said.

"That's because you were drunk and you killed my brother." I finally turn to look at him. "The ring brought him back didn't it?" He brush it off like it wasn't his problem. I shake my head as I glare at him.

I couldn't stand to look at him and walked away from another part of the carnival. "Come on, don't be so cold to me." Damon followed. "Why? That's not even close to what you deserve." I walk into the school's hallway filled with a crowd.

"Are you still angry with me?" Damon stopped me in my path. I stare at him like it wasn't any obvious. "What do you think, Damon." I tried to walk away when he stopped me again. "I know I'm the last person you want to see right now--"

"Good! Then you know when to leave me alone." I snapped at him before he could finish but Damon was somehow being very patient and breathed out a sigh before speaking carefully. "I need you to come with me."

"There's nothing more to talk about, Damon." I said. "Yes there is. I need you to come with me right now!" He said more firmly. I scoffed rolling my eyes and tried to leave when he grabbed me by the arm. "I'm not going to ask you again." I noticed the importance in his eyes and realised that something was wrong for him to act like this.

I agreed to go with him and Damon brought me to Alaric's classroom where Elena and Stefan was already waiting for us. "What's going on?" I asked then confused.

"Caroline's a vampire." Damon told me and I stared at him shocked. "What?" Stefan and Elena were just as surprised as I was. "How did this happen?" Stefan asked walking back and forth.

"Well, I fed her blood and Katherine obviously killed her and A plus B equals... " Damon sat on the table and answered him. "But why?" Elena asked.

"Because Katherine is a manipulative, nasty, little slut." Damon said. "And you made out with her despite all of that." I looked at him still mad over it.

"And she said 'game on'. I mean, what does that even mean?" Stefan said confused. "It means she's playing dirty. She wants us to know." Damon said. "But why Caroline?" I asked. "I don't know." He muttered.

"Caroline must be completely out of her mind. She doesn't know what's happening to her." Stefan said looking worried. "Oh, I think she does. All of my compulsion from the past started wearing off the minute she was in transition." Damon explained.

I was worried for my best friend and knew we had to help her. "We have to find her." I looked at them. "Yep, and kill her." Damon said. I turn to him. "You're not gonna kill Caroline."

"She knows who we are. She's officially a liability. We have to get rid of her." Damon said not giving a damn that Caroline's my best friend since childhood.

I look over to Stefan and he gave me a reassuring look. "Damon, absolutely not." He looked at him brother. "Need I remind you of a tragic little story of a girl named Vicki Donovan?" Damon reminded us about the whole thing with Vicki becoming a vampire. "Caroline, of all people, won't make it as a vampire. Her mother is a vampire hunter." He pointed out something we didn't think about. "Guys come on, we all know how this story ends, just flip to the last chapter and... "

"It's not an option Damon!" I said firmly stopping him from finishing the sentence. "No?" Damon stared at me then looked over to Stefan who hasn't said anything. "Your silence is deafening, Stefan."

Stefan was conflicted on how best to deal with Caroline. "Wait, wasn't there a school carnival the night you staked Vicki? I never had a town where history repeats itself." Damon said sarcastically. Elena and I were both worried about Stefan's decision when we were both reminded that Stefan had killed Vicki with his own hands.

We nervously waited for him to say something while Damon convinces him to kill Caroline. You know I'm right." Stefan looked up and walked over to him brother when he made up his mind. "We're not going to kill her." I let out a relief.

Stefan leaves the room and Elena follow suit. I was about to leave them with them Damon looked at me. "It's the only way." He said and I stopped at the door before turning back to him. "Is that what you would say if I turned into a vampire?" I looked at him.

"You're different." He said.

"Yeah, well so is Caroline." I said and left to find my friend before something else happens.

Third Person's POV

Caroline was sobbing beside the dead body of an innocent man she had just killed, blood was all over her face and her eyes were black from the smudged mascara. It was quiet and everyone was busy enjoying the carnival to notice her or the dead body. The first person to find her was none other than Damon. "He's dead." Caroline said when he approached her. "I killed him."

After saying that out loud panic start to kick in. "What's wrong with me?" She cried. Damon rubbed her shoulder to calm her down. "Hey. Hey, it's okay. I can help you." He said.

"You can?" Caroline looked at him hopefully. "Yeah, I have to."

Caroline finally managed to calm herself down at his supposed help. "What are you going to do?" She asked. "The only thing I can do." Damon brushed back her hair to see more of her bloodied face. "I'm gonna kill you." He said holding a stake in his hand.

Caroline shake her head in fear and gets down from the trailer begging him to spare her life. "Please don't. I don't want to die!" She cried. "Yeah, but you are already dead." He told her.

"No! I'm not!" She said denying it. "Don't say that! Okay? Just help me." She begged him. "Okay." Damon said.

"Okay? Just help me. Please." Caroline grabbed onto his jacket desperately. "Okay. Okay. Okay." Damon held up his hands up in surrender. "Please. Please." Caroline continued to plead as he wrapped his arms around her.

"It's the only way." Once Caroline left her guard down Damon raised the stake ready to kill her.

"Damon, stop!" Laura yelled when she caught Damon about to kill her best friend. She tried to run over to stop him when Stefan rushed over and pushed him away from Caroline knocking the stake out of his hand.

"Stefan!" Damon growled at him for messing up his plan. Laura ran over to Caroline when she pushed them away. "Get away from me! You killed me!" She glared accusingly at Laura.

"No, no, no, no Caroline. That wasn't me. You know that! That was Katherine!" Laura tried to explain to her but Caroline was too in distress to hear her. "No! Then why did she look like you?! And why, why did she do this to me?" She cried clutching onto herself.

"Stefan, we got to get her inside." Elena looked at Stefan "It's alright Caroline, come with me." Stefan kept his eye his brother and came over to grab her.

"She will die, it's only a matter of time." Damon had a smug look as they tried to protect Caroline from him. "Yeah, maybe so, but it's not gonna happen tonight." Stefan grabbed Caroline to go inside. "Oh yeah it is." Damon picked up the stake tried to attack Caroline when Stefan turned his back.

Without thinking Laura stepped out to cover for Caroline protectively, Damon stopped at the last minute with the stake just inches away from her heart. Damon was surprised that Laura would recklessly jump out to save her friend but he knew she was that kind of person who would risk that for her friends. "Damon she's my friend."

His expression soften at her look and he loosen his grip on the stake. "Whatever happens, it's on you." He pointed and walked away. Laura let out a breath she held and turned to Elena and Stefan. "Go get her cleaned up."

Elena and Stefan tried to get Caroline inside when Bonnie showed up and stared at her surprised. "Caroline?" She looked at her bloodied face and shook her head. "No, you're not, you can't be." Caroline was too ashamed to tell her otherwise.

Bonnie came up and grabbed her arm to verify for herself and was horrified at the truth. "Bonnie?" Caroline tried to explain but Bonnie didn't want to hear any more than what she saw. She spots the body of the man she was attracted to earlier and choked. "Oh god!"

"Bonnie... " Caroline called her but Bonnie ignored her.

"Just get her out of here." Laura told Elena and Stefan and the dragged Caroline away from the scene.

Laura's POV

After discovering Caroline's a vampire Bonnie was finding it difficult to accept the truth. "I can't believe this is happening." She cried. I was standing around the body when I shouldn't be. What if somebody saw us and thought we killed him!

Luckily Damon came back with a shovel in hand before we were discovered. "Come on, don't pout about it." Damon came back with a shovel over his shoulder. "We got a body to bury." He came around to me as I stand by the trailer. "I thought you were calling the shots. No?"

I don't say anything and just stare at him as he threw the shovel on the trailer. "Hm, sucks to be you buddy." Damon stared at the body when he started screaming in pain grabbing onto his head and fell to the ground.

I looked at him confused when I turned to Bonnie, she was using her magic on him. At the same time water was spraying from a hose on the ground. "Bonnie?"

"I told you what would happen if anyone else got hurt." She stared at him as if it was all his fault. "I didn't do this!" Damon groaned. "Bonnie, it wasn't his fault" I defend him and she looked at me. "Everything that happens is his fault, Laura." She said.

"Bonnie, what are you doing?" I asked her when the water made a stream towards him, out of nowhere a fire ignited and quickly goes to Damon. Oh no, Bonnie's really going to kill him. "Bonnie, stop it!"

The fire was drawing near and Damon's leg caught on fire and he started to scream. "Bonnie, stop it! You're gonna kill him!" I yelled over the fire but Bonnie wasn't listening and Damon's screams got louder.

I couldn't stand watching him get hurt so I jumped over the fire to stop her. I shook her shoulder to break her concentration and the fire ceased. "Why did you stop me?!" Bonnie angrily slapped.

"Because this isn't us!" I looked at her. "Bonnie, this can't be us. We're better than that." I told her. Bonnie cried and turned away from Damon to cry. I looked at Damon to see he wasn't burning anymore, his eyes fixed on mine with a pleading look to help him. In my heart I wanted to run over there and help him but I forced myself to turn away from him. I held Bonnie in my arms and left him there.

~ ~ ~

After Bonnie went home I went into the hallway to find Stefan and found him by the lockers. "Stefan, where's Caroline? Is she okay?" I asked worriedly. "Yeah, she's okay. I'll check in on her later." He said.

I nod to him but I was still worried and the look Stefan was wearing wasn't making it any better. "Damon's right, isn't he?" Stefan looked at me. "She's not going to make it as a vampire is she?" I asked him.

Stefan shook his head. "No, I'm gonna make sure that he's wrong, I promise." He said. "Stefan, she's my best friend, I don't want anything to happen to her." I told him in a pani when he grabbed my shoulder. "Hey, everything's going to be okay. I won't let anything happened to her." He assured me and I nod trusting him.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself. "You okay?" Stefan asked. I shrugged at the question. I couldn't explain how I was feeling right now. "I don't know, Stefan. I watched my ex-boyfriend make out with my ancestor doppelganger, ending my relationship with Damon who I have been waiting for months to return my feelings. And it's not even 24 hours for me to move on and now my best friend is vampire. I-..." I choke on my words unable to continue on.

"Hey, it's okay. Just let it all out." Stefan comforted me. "I hate it, Stefan. I hate that I can't hate him." I cried.

Stefan quietly nod as he listened to me. "I know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 399 17
Everybody knows the name Elena Gilbert. But what about her sister? Toni Gilbert is Elena's older sister by a year. They were both living completely h...
23.6K 271 24
Evangeline Gilbert, Elena Gilbert's little sister and Jeremy Gilbert's twin. She's genius, beautiful, kind but also bad-ass. When the Gilbert's paren...
5.5K 110 39
I'm moving to Mystic Falls and getting a fresh start after the love of my life left me in the woods. I'm never gonna move on from Edward, he's consta...
233K 6.1K 65
I could hear her heart race and her breath get heavy. When she looked up at me, I saw tears run down her red cheeks. She flipped over onto her back a...