The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

Season 2 - The Return

6.5K 131 42
By slRose18qn

Elena's POV

I just got a call from Matt and he just told me Caroline's been in a car crash and was in the hospital. So I needed to go there to see if she's okay but before I do I just need to check on Jeremy. "Want me to pick you up?" Stefan offered through the phone. "I just need to check in on Jeremy before I go to the hospital. Can you meet me there?" I asked instead.

"You bet." He replied.

"Okay. I love you, Stefan." I told him.

"I love you too." He responded before I hung up on the phone and unlocked the front door. I closed the door behind me and stopped at the bottom of the stairs. "Jeremy? Are you up?" I called aloud but there was no response from him.

I was about to go up to his room when I heard a loud noise in the kitchen, being suspicious I walked towards the noise. I carefully peer around the corner and found John lying on the floor covered in blood. I immediately ran over to him and choked in horror when I saw his fingers were lying on the ground beside him.

I was feeling sick but I put the feeling aside and grabbed a towel keep him from losing anymore blood. With my bloody hand I grabbed the phone nearby and called for help. "Hi, I need an ambulance to uh.. 2104 Maple Street." I stuttered when John tried to get my attention.

"What?" I couldn't tell what he was telling me. "Behind you." He said desperately. I was terrified and screamed as I turned around to see who was behind me but there was no one there. There was a knife with blood sitting next to me so I grabbed it for self defense and got back up walking around the room.

I was scared and terrified as I held the knife with shaking hands, as I searched the room for the killer I felt someone running past me and I jumped. But before I could see who it was I heard the front door closing and automatically snapped my body holding the knife in the air.

This was terrifying. It was a vampire. It had to be. Oh my god. "Jeremy." Fearing that something might have happened to my brother I quickly ran upstairs. "Jeremy! Jeremy!" I ran into Jeremy's room and found him unconscious on his bed. I tried to shake him awake but his eyes wouldn't open.

"Jeremy! Please Jeremy wake up!" I cried when he suddenly snapped his eyes wide open and taking in a deep breath as if he couldn't breathe.

Damon's POV

Right after I left Laura's house I got a voicemail from Liz, her daughter got in a car accident so I arrived at the hospital for support. I entered the lobby and found her by the assistance desk look rather worried. "Liz. I came as soon as I got the message. You okay?" I asked her.

"She's in surgery. They're doing everything they can." Liz told me and I nod at the good news. Then Liz looked at me desperately. "I need your help, Damon." I walked with her to a more quiet area so we could have a talk privately.

"Mayor Lockwood is dead." She told me discreetly. I act surprised, I already know he's dead because I saw him get killed along with the tomb vampires. But my just confused about one thing; I know he's not a vampire because the vervain didn't affect him like the rest of us.

"They thought he was a vampire. They put him in the basement." Liz said looking upset and scared. I continue to pretend I don't know anything to avoid suspicions. "Mayor Lockwood is a vampire?"

"No! No no!" She actively denied. "It was a mistake. They said he dropped when John's device went off and he-" She stopped herself when a nurse walked by us and she didn't continue until the nurse went away. "He couldn't have been a vampire! I've known the man my whole life. And now Carol Lockwood is gonna want answers. But all I can think about is Caroline."

She finally broke down crying, it was the first time I've seen her cry so I pulled her in and hugged her for comfort. "It's okay."

Third Person's POV

After taking John to the hospital for surgery Elena rushed over to Caroline's side when he surgery was done. Bonnie was waiting outside of her room when she saw Elena coming over. "How's Caroline?" Elena asked.

"She's weak. They don't know if she's gonna make it." Bonnied replied and at this moment Damon peered around the corner eavesdropping on their conversation. "How am I going to explain this to Laura?" Elena looked at her shocked.

"Where is she anyway?" Bonnie asked and Elena just shook her head frustrated. "I don't know. I've been trying to call her the past hour but nothing." She looked at her phone. "Is there something you can do like a spell or something?" Elena turned back to Bonnie.

Before she could answer Damon stepped out and interrupted them. "She doesn't know how. Do you?" He looked at her intimidatingly. "No. I don't." Bonnied replied defeated.

"No, you don't. Because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that." Damon looked down on her but Bonnie didn't let him slide. "Yeah, well I can take down a vampire. That spell is easy to learn."

Damon turned away at her minor threat, he didn't want to get another witchy migraine again. He turned to Elena. "I can give Caroline some blood."

"No. No way." She immediately shook her head rejecting the idea. "No. Just enough to heal her. She'll be safe in the hospital, it'll be out of her system in a day. She'll be better Elena." He tried to convince her.

"It's too risky. I can't agree to that. Laura won't let this happen." Elena continued to reject the idea on behalf of her sister but mostly her owns. "Do it." Bonnie glared at Damon making the two divert their attention to her. "This is Caroline. Laura's best friend. Our best friend." She looked at Elena to convince her as well. "We can't let her die."

Elena became quiet after Bonnie's stepped in, Bonnie glared at Damon once again. "Do it." She demanded. "If I do this. You and me... call it truce." He gestured between them hoping to let bygones be bygones. "No. But you'll do it anyway. For Laura."

Bonnie then leaves Elena and Damon alone, once she was gone Damon turned to Elena to talk to her discreetly. "I know this is probably the last thing you want to do right now but we should probably talk about what happened tonight."

"Yeah. One of the tomb vampire got into the house and almost killed John." Damon looked at her confused. "What? What-When? What are you talking about? After I left?" He asked.

"You were there?" It was Elena's turn to be confused but Damon didn't buy it. "Come on Elena. You know I was." He rolled his head frustrated but he fake acting. "When were you at the house?"

"Really?" He glared at her but she still didn't know what he was talking about. "Earlier? On the porch? We were talking. All cathartic feelings were exposed-- come on Elena. We Kissed!" He finally came out and said it when she continued to not understand where he was getting at.

Elena was surprised and shocked, as well as disgusted and chose to ignore him. "Okay. I don't have time for this Damon." She tried to walk past him but he grabbed her arm roughly. "Hey, if you want to forget what happened, fine. I wish for the exact same thing!" He glared at her equally disgusted. Elena was speechless and looked at him in disbelief.

"Elena." At this moment Aunt Jenna rushed over to her niece as soon as she arrived, Damon quickly lets go of Elena and turned away. "I came as soon I as I got the message. Where's John? Jenna asked. Instead of answering her aunt's question Elena answered with a question. "Where were you?"

"At the fire department. I had to fill out a report. I told you earlier." Jenna was slightly bewildered by the sudden question. "No, you didn't." Elena shook her head. "Yes, I did." Jenna confirmed.

"No, Jenna you didn't." Elena stated surely, at this point Jenna was getting frustrated with Elena's denial. "Yes, I did."

Both Elena and Jenna with firm with their side of the story they know and was completely confused why the other was saying a different story. The only person who caught on what was really happening was Damon. He finally realised why Elena was confused about earlier, because it wasn't her.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." Damon groaned to himself. Elena turned to him with a narrow look, looking at him reminded him of Laura and knew she was in danger. "Oh no." Damon ran from the hospital and Elena followed him after catching on with his worried look.

Damon's POV

Katherine. It was Katherine. It had to be. That bitch. And I even kissed her!

Katherine must have tricked Jenna into thinking she was Elena and invited her into the house. She must have attacked John after she was done using him. Typical Katherine. Always tying those loose ends.

My body was boiling just from the thought of her messing with my mind pretending to be Laura to kissed me. She probably didn't think Laura would come home early so she quickly pretended to be Elena.

Now that I've got that cleared up, I'm only worried about Laura. I left her with that psychotic bitch. Elena was following me like a puppy asking for answered I don't have time to answer. "Damon! What's going on?" I ignored her as I hurried to the house.

"Damon!" Elena became frustrated by my silence. "Less talk and more walking. All I care about right now is Laura's safety." I replied coldly to her. I stormed through the front door and found Stefan on the floor and snapping his broken arm back in place.

"Stefan?" Elena looked at him confused as soon as she saw him brush himself up from the floor. "What happened?"

"Katherine happened." I muttered as I looked around the room. It was obvious that Katherine was here. Elena looked shocked at the both of us. "Where's Laura?" I looked at Stefan.

"I don't know. I thought she was with you." He said when my nose picked up a strong scent. "You smell that?" I looked at him and Stefan tensed.

"What?" Elena looked at us. "Blood."

"It's probably the faint smell from John." Stefan said. "No, it's not that" I said looking around the room the find the source of the blood. The smell was not his. It has the scent of a female; it was familiar, as though I've tasted it before. "It's not his blood I'm getting."

They didn't know what I was talking about but helped looked around the room to find anything out of the ordinary. The scent was coming from the closet underneath the staircase, I look over at Stefan who had the same look as I did. I slowly walk over to the closet hesitantly grabbed the knob.

I looked at Stefan and he nodded before I opened the door. There sitting in the corner was Laura knocked out unconscious with a blood wound on her neck. "Oh my god, Laura!" Elena cried behind me.

"No no no." I panicked and dropped to her body. "Laura? Laura?" Elena shook her body but there was no sign of her waking up. "Laura. Please wake up." I picked Laura up and brought her out from the closet.

I laid her on the couch and checked for her pulse. "She's still breathing." I said letting out a relief. I look up at Stefan when I realised he was bad around blood. He his face was shifted and he was fixated on Laura's bloody neck. "Stefan." His face returned to normal and he stepped away from her.

I bit my wrist and support her from under his neck to feed her my blood. Her whole body started reacting to my blood entering her mouth, her eyes flutter open and she instantly grabbed my hand. I pulled my hand away and looked at her worriedly. "Damon?" Laura asid softly looking at me through weak eyes.

"Oh my god, Laura." Elena let out her breath she'd been holding in and hugged her sister tightly. I was just relieved to see the love of my life was okay and still alive. "Hey, you okay?" She responded with a weak nod.

Elena pulled away so Laura could sit up and I pulled her into my chest and wrapped around her tightly. The moment I found her in the closet I was terrified by the thought of losing her. I'm just glad she's okay.

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

Elena finally lets me go once she's managed to get over her traumatic experience of seeing me at near death. We gathered in the dining room to discuss what had happened after I blacked out. "Did she say what she wanted?" Damon asked his brother who shook his head.

My memories was slowly coming back to me and so I told them what Katherine said before I blacked out. "She's said something about a plan set in motion." I told me and the boys looked at me. "What plan?" Stefan asked.

"I don't know. She wanted to kill me but that would have ruined her plan." I said. "She never wanted to kill you in the first place." Damon muttered thinking to himself. I looked at him confused but he quickly turned around to make a snide comment. "She certainly know how to make an entrance."

Stefan turned to his brother after picking up on something. "She said that she fooled one of us, at least. What does that- what does that mean?" Damon looked at him and explained. "She pretended to be Laura, pretending to be Elena at the same time when I showed up earlier tonight."

At this moment Elena came back after talking to Jeremy. "I told Jeremy. I can't lie to him any more." She walked into the kitchen upset and disheartened. Stefan looked at her worriedly rubbing her back to soothe her. "Are you two alright?" He asked.

"I don't know Stefan. I almost died tonight and on top of that I just met the very person I loathe in the worst possible way ever. I can't say I'm doing fine, can I?" I responded slightly angry.

Elena lets out a heavy sigh. "I thought with the tomb vampires gone, things would get better." Stefan pulled her head into his shoulder. "I know. We all did." Elena suddenly straightened herself when she realised something. "But Katherine was in the house. That means she's been invited him."

"Jenna thought she was you so she invited her inside after--" I met with Damon's eyes and things became awkward. Well for Damon, I was pissed. I shake the memory away and changed the subject when Stefan and Elena looked at us.

"What do we do now?" I asked the boys for some answers. "Move." Damon answered with a joke and Elena glared at him. "Very helpful. Thank you." I rolled my eyes at him.

"This is Katherine." I said.

"Katherine wants you dead. There's zero you can do about it." Damon said firmly. "You will be dead. But you're not." I shake my head, there's something more than that. "She clearly has other plans."

Stefan seemed to agree with me and nod his head. "Right and we just need to find out what it is and not provoke her." He turned to Damon knowing full well that Damon will do something impulsive.

"What happened tonight when you thought Katherine was Elena?" Stefan looked at Damon who looked at me, neither of us wanted to answer him. "To risk another... frown line encroaching on you very crowded forehead. We... kissed." Damon responded sheepishly.

"And you thought it was me?" Elena looked disgusted. "What do you mean you kissed? Stefan became jealous and confronted Damon for it.

"Well, you know, when two lips pucker and they go-" Damon pulled out his lips to make a kissy face leading Stefan to attack him but Damon was disappeared to my side.

"Don't be so obvious, Stefan." Damon teased his brother. "Beside I wasn't the only one who thought that. Laura thought she was Elena too." He state his defence but Stefan ignored his excuse and tried to attack him again.

I stepped in before things went out of hand when we really needed to focus on the issue at hand. "Stefan!" I jumped in between the two brothers who were acting like childrens. "It was an honest mistake. Just let it go. If it makes you any better he kissed Katherine, the self centred bitch." I said and he agreed to back down but continued to glare at Damon behind me.

"Later?"

"You're on." Damon replied like it was a challenge. I shake my head at how childish the boys were when their over 100 years. "You guys, John must know something." Elena spoke up. "There has to be a reason why she tried to kill him."

Hearing Uncle John getting attacked tonight was the first I've heard of it so I looked at her surprised. "Wha-what happened? Is he dead?" I clap my hand together with gleaming eyes sounding more excited than worried. I wasn't the slightest bit guilty not since he tried to kill my boyfriend.

I heard a snort from Damon and small laugh from Stefan but Elena was not having any of my humour. "Katherine tried to kill him tonight." She told me.

Tried. Which means he's still not dead.

"It's Katherine. She loves to play games and you're fooling yourself if you think you're going to find out what she's up to she wants to." Damon tried to dissuade figuring his old girlfriend out.

"No, Elena's right. We have to at least try. John could know something through Isobel." I said looking for a yes from Elena and Stefan. "Your mother was in touch with her, so maybe we could go to the hospital and talk to him." Stefan suggested agreeing with me.

"I got a better idea." Damon spoke up after being ignored by us. "What's that?" Elena looked at him. "I'm just going to ignore the bitch. See ya." He said and turned to leave.

"I-is that smart?" I asked and he turned back. "If Katherine thinks she's being ignored, it'll lure her out, we'll make a move." He said confidently of his plan.

"Yeah, then what?" Stefan asked doubting his plan would really work. "Stake her, rip her hearts out. Something poetic." Damon responded like a sociopath. "We'll see." Damon kissed my cheek before he left.

~ ~ ~ Next Day ~ ~ ~

Last night, other than finding out John was in the hospital, my best friend Caroline was in a car accident and was also in the hospital. So I made plans to go to visit her the next day, I was walking down the hall towards her room when I spotted Matt sitting outside her room.

"Hey Matt" I called him and he looked up with a big smile. "Laura, hey." He got up to see me. "You've been here all night?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah, with the Chief."

"And no one else?" I asked. "Stefan's brother Damon stopped by last night." He answered and I just gave a small nod. I know Damon gave his blood to heal her, Elena filled me in the details.

Tyler lost control of the wheel because he heard his loud noise and crashed, he was unconscious but the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with him that's why he's not in the hospital. The important thing was he heard the Gilbert device and it affected him just like his father. Weird.

"So where's Bonnie?" I asked looking around for her. "I thought she said she was coming with you." Matt said and I had a sheepish look. "I'm not exactly in speaking terms with her." I said and he looked at me to know what happened between us. "It's complicated. Call it girl's stuff."

Matt let the subject go and nodded to get the idea. We turn back to Caroline's room. "So how is she?" I asked. "See for yourself." He led me inside and I followed him. I walked in and my worries completely flew out the window because I found her sitting in bed watching T.V. She was healthy and not a single scratch.

Caroline saw me and perked up. "Jersey Shore is on." She said excited. Well I'm glad she's okay. I couldn't hold my emotions together anymore and went up to hug her. "Ow. Careful. Still a little sore." She winced with I squeezed her too tight.

I pulled away apologising. "Sorry."

"It's okay, but they say I'm healing really quick." She assured me. I smile to show how happy I was to see her okay. "My turn." Matt went in and kissed her.

I tears were falling from my face because I couldn't imagine life without Caroline. Who was going to keep life in order if my dear friend wasn't around. Sure she's a control freak but I would miss her so much.

"Why are you crying?" Caroline noticed I was crying and looked surprised. "Laura." Matt turned to me and wrapped cast free hand around my shoulder for comfort. "I'm just happy that you're okay." I struggled to tell her.

"Aww thank you guys." She said. "I love you guys." I hugged them both.

~ ~ ~ Later that day ~ ~ ~

Third Person's POV

It was the day to mourn over the death of Mayor Lockwood, the service was open to the public to attend and share their condolences. Katherine came to the funeral to begin her master plan pretending to be Laura because she was the perfect girl to impersonate.

Katherine walked up to the front doors with her heels clicking when she was stopped by Tyler standing at the door greeting guests as they arrive. "Hey Laura. Thanks for coming." He held out his hand and she took in feigning a sad look. "Come on in."

Katherine entered the house and smirked to herself.

Laura's POV

Today was the public invitation to attend the funeral of everyone's beloved Mayor so I came to share our condolences with the family. Tyler was welcoming people at the door and he seemed completely dejected, forcing himself to interact with everyone telling him how sorry they feel for him.

When I met him at the door every hate I ever felt towards him disappeared because he just lost his father. I know that feeling of loss before I lost my parents too. But it could be different for Tyler because he was never close with his father who was violently abusive towards him ever since he was young. But nevertheless, he was sad.

I walked up Tyler to share my condolences. "Hey Tyler. I'm sorry for your loss." I looked sympathetic but he looked at me confused. "Hey Elena." He said and I look at him weirdly. "Um... no this is Laura. Elena doesn't wear curls." I told him. We've known each other since we were kids how can he not tell me apart from Elena?

He took another look at me "Oh sorry, it's just that you already came here earlier." He said and I look at him confused. "What do you mean? When?"

"Just seconds ago." Tyler was getting confused as well when my eyes shot wide. Katherine. "Laura, are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, yeah. I was here before wasn't I? I'm forgetting a lot of things lately." I made up a lame excuse like I was getting amnesia. Thank you Katherine, for making me look like a fool. "Sorry. But anyway keep hanging in there Ty." I rubbed his arm before I went to look for Damon.

Damon's POV

Laura texted me she's here so I went to look for her but I couldn't find her anyway. I was hanging about in the dining room when Bonnie stuck close to me like a clingy girlfriend. "Did you know the Gilbert device affected Tyler Lockwood?" She asked quietly. "Well, I know it took the mayor down." I told her.

"Don't you want to know why?"

I looked at her a little ticked off remembering how she screwed us over. "Yeah, Bonnie. I would love to know why a non-vampire was tortured by the vampire torturing device that you let John Gilbert use against us." I said sarcastically. "Oh and by the way, how is it going with you and Laura?"

Bonnie seemed guilty when I brought up Laura's name and she didn't dare to look me in the eye. "She's-- refusing to talk to me." I gave her a smug look as I popped a grape in my mouth.

"Anyway so how's Caroline?" I turned to walk away as we talk. "She's much better." Bonnie answered following behind me. "You're welcome."

"No, you're welcome." She said with an attitude that got me to turn back to her. "Why am I welcome?"

"You lived to see another day." Bonnie gave me one of those weak threatening glares that unfazed me. "No good deed goes unpunished with you does it?" I look down on her mockingly.

"Doesn't undo the bad." I give her another smug look. "I know what you are Damon. You might have Laura, and the chief and everybody else fooled but not me. One wrong move and I'm gonna take you out." Bonnie challengingly declared which I got to say was very brave but also very stupid of her.

"Hmmm. You need to stop with the witch's brew." I warned her. "You're starting to believe your own press." Bonnie had a funny look and turned away before snapping a glare at me, my brain erupted pain and I groaned quietly to avoid looks.

"Bonnie, knock it off!" My girlfriend came in and saved me from her lunatic friend. Bonnie stopped witchy migraine me and my brain was all better. I glared at her tempting to rip out her throat. "Damon, you okay?" Laura grabbed my arm with a concerned look.

"Yeah." I said dryly.

Laura turned to Bonnie looking pissed. "You can go Bonnie." Bonnie seemed a bit regretful for what she did and tried to apologise. "Laura I--" Laura cut her off before she could actually start. "You can leave Bonnie!" She snapped.

Bonnie looked at her apologetically and reluctantly left us alone, Laura didn't even bother to look at her. When it was just the two of us in the room Laura had a serious look. "Damon, I need to talk to you."

"To declare you love for me?" I smirked and dropped my arm on her shoulder. She rolled her eyes being annoyed at me. "No!" She said flatly and I dropped my smirk. "Katherine's here."

I face fell and my eyes start to dart the room. "Katherine's pretending to be me, she was here seconds ago. We have to find her." Laura said desperately worried about running into her.

"I got it." I told her before I went to find Katherine.

Third Person's POV

"What are you doing here?" Stefan followed Katherine into another room after her found her making threats against Elena's best friend. Katherine casually walked around the house being unafraid of running into the twins. "After the way you treated me last night I thought a more public place would be more less violent." She said.

Stefan didn't want to let Katherine out of his sight and stuck close to her. "Taking this all a little too far, don't you think? Elena and Laura could walk in at any moment." Katherine was not worried and didn't care. "Hmm but that's part of the fun Stefan. Besides everyone will think either Elena or Laura."

Turn back to the room keeping a lookout for a particular person. "Damon's here. Somewhere. I've been avoiding him." She said picking up and cherry to eat when Matt walked into the room. "Hey guys."

Katherine put on her best acting pretending to be Elena since she was with Stefan. "Hey, Matt. I ah- I hear that Caroline is doing much better, her recovery is practically miraculous you must be relieved."

"Yeah. Thanks Elena." Matt nodded gratefully at her and left. "Ugh. He's eyes are so blue." Katherine squealed like a girl with a crush on the hottest guy in school. "You need to leave now." Stefan warned her.

Katherine pouted when Stefan was being cold and unwelcoming towards her. "You're hurting my feelings Stefan. Damon was much happier to see me but then again he thought I was Laura but then tricked him into believing I was Elena." She laughed mockingly at him.

"I was actually pretending to be Laura, but then she came home earlier than I thought. So I let them believed that I was Elena." Katherine explained as she walked around the room picking food from the plates. "She even had the audacity to yell at me. She got on my nerves so I bit her."

Stefan's blood was boiling, he had the urge to rip her heart out but he had to restrain himself from doing so. "Hmm, and you even left her alive. Why?" He asked. Katherine turned back with one of her scheming look. "I wasn't really going to kill her. Just wanted to teach her a lesson."

Stefan glared at her when Katherine laid her hand on his chest trying to engage intimacy with him. He didn't like the feeling of her touching him and moved away. "Katherine, I'm not doing this with you." He said.

"Okay. How bout we don't have a couple's fight in front of all your friend. Walk with me?" She suggested but Stefan was interested in going with her selfish wishes. "Just tell me what you're doing here?"

Katherine shrugged at the question to avoid answering it. "Maybe I missed you. Is that an acceptable reason?" She looked at him with a fake innocent look. "What game are you playing?"

Katherine seemed intrigued by the question and leaned forward. "Why? Wanna play with me?" She sounded turned on. "I don't know. How could I play if I don't know the rules?" Stefan said.

"No rules, Stefan. Don't you remember? No rules." Katherine smirked and walked away to the door. She stopped then looked back at him gesturing for him to take her hand and walk with her outside. But Stefan walked by her and knocked into her hand, she was displeased that he rejected her but followed after him.

Stefan and Katherine walked away from the mansion heading towards the backyard, it was so they could avoid her from meeting with the twins. "The Lockwood had more land than they use to. Possession of the tomb vampires bought the quite the fortune." Katherine commented.

"Yeah, why did you want them dead?" Stefan asked her curiously. "Hm? You're the one who turned most of them." Katherine simply scoffed at his question. "There is nothing more annoying than a vengeful vampire, Stefan. Just ask John Gilbert."

"You haven't changed at all have you?" Stefan stopped walking and so did Katherine. "But you have. You're stronger, meaner. Sexy." She looked at his body from head to toe pleased by what she was seeing.

"Don't flirt with me Katherine. I'm not Damon. I haven't spent 145 years obsessed with you." He told her. Katherine walked up to him. "Yeah, based on your choice of women. I'd say otherwise." She walked around to get a view of his back side. "Though I'll admit it does bother me that you've fallen in love with someone else."

Stefan turned back to her abruptly. "Oh, I was never in love with you, Katherine." She tilt her head at his words. "You compelled me. None of my feelings were real."

Katherine laughed folding her arms and walked up to him. "Believe what you want, Stefan. But I know the truth, and deep down so do you." She pointed at his heart smiling excitedly.

"The truth? "Well, the truth is you're the same lying, selfish, manipulative bitch that you've always been." Stefan glared at her hard wiping away her smile hurting her feelings. "So whatever it is that brought you here, let's just get on with it and leave town. Because if you don't, I will hunt you down and I will rip your heart out." He threatened her.

Katherine regained her composure after Stefan glared at her with cold murderous eyes. "You want to know why I'm here Stefan? I came back for you." She said but Stefan scoffed unconvinced it was that simple. "To take back what's mine, because I know you don't just have feelings for Elena, Stefan." He furrowed his brow. "No, you feel something for Laura as well."

Stefan brushed Katherine's words as rubbished and shook his head. "You're wrong, Katherine." She smirked as if she was sure of it. "Am I, Stefan? Because we both know you only love her because she's looks exactly like me."

He was silent as she pointed it out but he scoffed to deny it. "Problem is Katherine... is that I hate you". Fired with complete jealousy and anger Katherine picked up an steel candle holder planted in the ground and stabbed Stefan in the stomach with it. He crouched in pain when she twist the steel into his abdomen.

"You hate me huh? That sounds like a beginning of a love story, Stefan, not the end of one."

Damon's POV

Laura and I couldn't find Stefan and Elena inside the mansion until we came outside and found them in the backyard. Stefan's shirt had blood on it and Laura ran up to him worried. "Oh my god, Stefan. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said hoarsely. "Tried to track her but she's gone." I said catching up to her with my slow pace. "Ohh, cover up, boby-o." I pretended to be grossed out at his bloody stomach. "We have a crazy ex on the loose. Better watch out, looks like Katherine is out to steal your guy back." I teased Elena.

"Does she have a thing for Stefan?" Laura asked. "It's not what happened." Stefan said denied abruptly. "Isn't it? I mean it's only fair since I have Laura now." I place my arm around Laura's waist and pull her into me.

Elena gagged at the sight of us together. "I'm going to find Jenna and Jeremy". She said starting to leave. "Yea me too. Let us know when you guys are done." Laura followed her sister and left the two of us brothers some alone time.

I watched as my girlfriend takes her leave staring at her strut away. "So what's it gonna be?" I turned to Stefan once she was gone. "Fight to the death." I took a fighting stance to teased him and he just scoffed. "Go ahead make you threats, stake you claim." I hit him on the shoulders to get him to say something.

"I'm not gonna fight you." Stefan said. "Why?! I'd fight me."

Stefan turned to me with his serious look I always get tired of looking. "Katherine's gonna try to get us to turn on each other you do know that right?" He pointed out. "Brother, don't you worry. Our bond is unbreakable." I assured him when I wasn't so sure myself.

"We need to stay united against her. So yes, as much as I would like to kill you. I'm not gonna fight you." Stefan start to walk to away. Something feels off about him. "Laura and I are dating. I kissed her and I even slept with her!" I said aloud without the slightest intention of rubbing it in his face.

"Cos you feel something for her!" Stefan snapped at me out of nowhere. "Because you actually care. And I'm not gonna let Katherine come in here and destroy that part of you that finally after all this time you're willing to feel something." He point his finger at my chest. Somehow Stefan talking to me about relationship with making me feel uncomfortable.

"She'll try to break you. She'll try to break us and how we respond to it will define us.It's our choice."

~ ~ ~ Night Fall ~ ~ ~

Third Person's POV

Damon came home keeping in the back of his mind his conversation with Stefan. He walked into the living room and poured himself a glass of bourbon. He was about to leave the room when he felt another presence in the room. "Very brave of you to come here."

Katherine was sitting on the couch watching him quietly."I wanted to say goodbye." He turned back to her. "Leaving so soon?" He walked up to her. "I know where I'm not wanted." She responded. "Don't pout. It's unattractive on a woman your age." He sipped his drink.

Katherine scoffed at by his comment. "Ouch."

Damon put down his glass in front of her and turned to leave when Katherine vamped in front of him. "What no goodbye kiss?" Damon glared at her. "Why don't I kill you instead?" She laughed at his arrogance.

"What are you doing here?" Damon looked at her. "Nostalgia. Curiosity. Etc." She responded avoiding the question again. "I'm better at the enigmatic one liners, Katherine. What are you up to?"

"Trust me, Damon. When I'm up to something you'll know it." Katherine told him. "Come on, kiss me. Or kill me. Which will it be Damon?" She walked to tempt him bringing in her lips closer to his. "We both know that you're only capable of one."

Damon turned away from her kiss to walk away when Katherine pushed him on the ground and lied on top of him. She leaned in to talk in his ear. "My sweet, innocent Damon." She slides her hand over his chest and kissed lightly on his cheek. Damon grabbed her neck and flipped her over to be on top of her.

The two stared intensely at each other before Damon kissed Katherine hungrily craving for her touch in a long time. He craved for her kiss and lusted for her after waiting for 145 years. She was finally in his arms again.

"That's more like it." Katherine breathed after a passionate kiss before they connect their lips again.

Damon was just happy to have Katherine back in his arms again to notice someone standing outside his house, watching him from the windows with a broken heart.

Laura.

Standing outside in front of Damon's house with tears in her eyes at the sight she was seeing from the window. Laura covered her mouth in horror, she wanted to scream and cry out loud but she didn't want to feel any more humiliated. Feeling betrayed and hurt by the person she trust and loved who she gave her first to.

She couldn't forgive him.

Laura teared her eyes from the window and ran back to her car to drive him. Once she was back in the comforts and privacy of her own room she broke down in tears and wept uncontrollably.

Laura's POV

"This can't be happening. It's not true. That's not Damon. He wouldn't do this to me." I muttered to myself completely trying to deny everything I saw because I loved him.

Who am I kidding? That was Damon.

I closed the door to my room and fell to the ground with my knees pulled up to my chin. My tears won't stop coming and my heart won't stop aching. It hurts. It hurts so much. Damon said he loved me. He said moved on from her. I should have known. It was too good to be true.

He was my first.

After I cried for an hour I forced myself to get back up and went into the bathroom to take my makeup off. I looked at myself in the mirror and oh god, I was a mess. My face was dripping with black eyeliner because I cried so much. I changed out of my clothes into comfortable one and returned to the bedroom.

I walked out when I was surprised to see Damon sitting on my bed mindlessly waiting for me. He was the last person I wanted to see right now. I look at him and my heart wanted to break all over again. I've never felt so betrayed before.

"What are you doing here?" I glared at him not that he was looking to notice. Damon looked at me quietly. "Just doing my part in the neighbourhood watch." He responded looking rather drably.

"Well, I'm fine." I turned away. Just looking at him made my blood boil. "It's part of what I do. The trusted bodyguard. Calm and gracious." I noticed his words were a bit slow and slurred and became suspicious. "Have you been drinking?"

Damon looked at me and gestured a small amount with his fingers. "And you're upset, that's not a good combination." Katherine must have said something to him for him to be here. He was clearly having a good time with her but he was here. So she must have rejected him and now he was crawling back to me.

It was even more humiliating.

"No, I'm not upset. Upset is an emotion specific to those who care." Damon denied it which meant he was upset by her rejection. "Well, it is like you to lie about your emotions, just deny everything you feel. You're good at that." I snapped at him.

He looked at me when he noticed my tone. "What are you implying?" I shake my head at him, I couldn't keep myself quiet about tonight after all. "You had me fooled." I looked at him disappointedly but he continued to feign his innocence. "You lied to me, Damon."

"What?"

Damon stood up from my bed and I was finally comforting him eye to eye. "Do you love me?" I asked him when I know whatever he was going to tell me wasn't true. "Of course I do." He responded.

I couldn't bring myself to believe him after what I saw tonight. "No, you don't." He was taken back and stared at me confused. "I was only a distraction for you. You never loved me Damon. You just proved that tonight. With Katherine."

His confused look became cleared after I mentioned her name and his began to panic. "You kissed her, the same way you kissed me." I was going to cry again but I didn't let myself cry. Not in front of him.

Damon had guilt in his eyes and tried to explain to me. "No, Laura, that was a mistake. I don't love Katherine anymore. I only love you." He said but I don't believe it. I don't believe him. I shake my head at him. "I don't believe you. I can't love you any more,Damon. Not after what I saw tonight."

I turned away when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him. "You're a liar, Laura. There's something going on between the two of you and you know it." He was drunk and I didn't want to talk to him anymore. "You can't fall out of love with me that easily. I know you." I hate how he knows me, how he knows I can't stop loving him.

"There was never something between us. I was delusional to believe for even a second that you loved me for me." I stared at him with tears threatening to come out. "You're the liar, Damon.

I turned away but he kept his firm grip on me. "No, you're the one lying to me and most of all you're lying to yourself." Damon cupped my face in his hands. "I can prove it."

"No." He pulled me in to kiss me and I struggled to get away from him. "Damon stop it!" I turned my head away from any more of his advances but he was being persistent. "Lie about this." He forced another kiss on me and I punched him hard against on the chest but it was not use, he wouldn't let me go.

Tears were seeping out of my eyes, I couldn't control my emotions and let out a sob through my lips being forced with his. After hearing my cries Damon finally lets me go realising that he was hurting me. "Why are you doing this to me? What did I ever do to you?" I sobbed.

"And you said I'm the liar? I don't go around telling people I love them when I don't!" I yelled at him. "I meant it when I said I love you, Damon. Every time you do something stupid, every time you betrayed me I always end up forgiving you because I love you!"

"Laura I--"

He tried to approach me but I push myself away from him. "Stay away from me! I can't forgive." Damon look at him sad at my rejection. I tried to walk away from him again but he stopped me. "Laura, I need to you give me another chance. Please." He said desperately.

"Why should I?"

Without answering my question Damon pulled me for another forceful kiss but stopped him from kissing me. "No, Damon. Stop it." I tried to shove him away and pull myself away from his lips.

"No." He gripped tightly on my wrist erupting pain around them. "Ahh. Damon you're hurting me." I wince at the pain as he stared at me intensely.

"Laura, what's going on in here?" At this moment Jeremy walked into the room after hearing my cries. Damon turned to him loosening his grip on and I pull away from him. "Nothing Jer. It's okay. Just- just go back to bed." I glared at him Damon. "Damon was just saying goodnight."

"No, it's not okay Laura." Damon looked at me then looked at Jeremy. "He wants to be a vampire." In a blink of an eye, Damon had my brother up against the wall grabbing him by the throat.

"No! Damon stop it!" I cried and ran over to pull him off Jeremy but Damon wouldn't let him. Jeremy was getting scared and terrified by the look in Damon's eyes. "You want to shut off the pain? It's the easiest thing in the world."

"Damon, don't you dare!" I yelled at him.

"The part of you that cares just goes away." He whispered darkly in Jeremy's ear grabbing tighter around his neck. I start to breath heavily and punched Damon's shoulder to get him to let Jeremy go. "All you have to do is flip the switch and snap!"

"Damon!"

I heard a loud snap and next thing I knew Jeremy's body fell down to the floor unresponsive. "No!!!" I screamed and rushed over to his body. "Jeremy?Jeremy!" I cried shaking his body.

"Laura, what's going on?" My sister came into my room and stopped at the door when she saw I was sitting by Jeremy's lifeless body. "Oh my god Jeremy!" She ran over to his body. "Jeremy?"

I looked at Damon and saw no regret in his eyes for what he did as he stared at me. I shake my head at him through my wet eyes. He stared at me and I swore I saw a hint a guilt in his eyes but he turned away and left.

I turn back to Jeremy to cry some more over my brother's death when Elena called for my attention. "Laura look." She held up Jeremy's hand to show the Gilbert ring on his finger. "That's John's ring."

"He's going to be okay." She breathed in relief and so did I. He's going to be okay. My brother's going to be okay. Stefan came by as soon as he got the call from Elena and we were all waiting for our brother to wait up. I held Jeremy's body in my arms waiting for him to wake up. "He saw the ring that's why he did it. He knew." Stefan said after analysing.

"He didn't see the ring." I muttered through the left over tears. "It's Katherine. She got under his skin. She undid everything that was good about him." He continued.

"There's nothing good about him, Stefan. Not any more." Elena said.

"You were right to worry about me, Stefan." I look at him. "He's never going to change." I clutched onto my brother's head. "He's decided what he wants. He doesn't want to feel, he wants to be hated. It's just easier that way. He got his wish. I hate him, Stefan."

Elena came over to me and wrapped her arms around me to comforting me. "You'll get over it. I promise."

Suddenly Jeremy woke up and gasped for air scaring me, he start to have panic episode and couldn't keep still. "Jeremy. Jeremy, calm down." Stefan came over to have a look at Jeremy. "Hey, hey. You're going to be okay. You're okay. Shhh." He calmed him.

"He killed me. Damon killed me." Jeremy jumped around scared.

"It's okay." I hug onto him tightly filled with joy that my brother was alive. Elena let out a sigh of relief and hugs Stefan.

After saying goodnight with Jeremy and I went back to my room and went to bed. It's over for us. Damon and I are over.

I can't-... I don't know how I feel about him any more.

Part of me hate him and never want anything to do with him. But the other part of me still can't stop loving him. I loved him and I still do.I just got a call from Matt and he just told me Caroline's been in a car crash and was in the hospital. So I needed to go there to see if she's okay but before I do I just need to check on Jeremy. "Want me to pick you up?" Stefan offered through the phone. "I just need to check in on Jeremy before I go to the hospital. Can you meet me there?" I asked instead.

"You bet." He replied.

"Okay. I love you, Stefan." I told him.

"I love you too." He responded before I hung up on the phone and unlocked the front door. I closed the door behind me and stopped at the bottom of the stairs. "Jeremy? Are you up?" I called aloud but there was no response from him.

I was about to go up to his room when I heard a loud noise in the kitchen, being suspicious I walked towards the noise. I carefully peer around the corner and found John lying on the floor covered in blood. I immediately ran over to him and choked in horror when I saw his fingers were lying on the ground beside him.

I was feeling sick but I put the feeling aside and grabbed a towel keep him from losing anymore blood. With my bloody hand I grabbed the phone nearby and called for help. "Hi, I need an ambulance to uh.. 2104 Maple Street." I stuttered when John tried to get my attention.

"What?" I couldn't tell what he was telling me. "Behind you." He said desperately. I was terrified and screamed as I turned around to see who was behind me but there was no one there. There was a knife with blood sitting next to me so I grabbed it for self defense and got back up walking around the room.

I was scared and terrified as I held the knife with shaking hands, as I searched the room for the killer I felt someone running past me and I jumped. But before I could see who it was I heard the front door closing and automatically snapped my body holding the knife in the air.

This was terrifying. It was a vampire. It had to be. Oh my god. "Jeremy." Fearing that something might have happened to my brother I quickly ran upstairs. "Jeremy! Jeremy!" I ran into Jeremy's room and found him unconscious on his bed. I tried to shake him awake but his eyes wouldn't open.

"Jeremy! Please Jeremy wake up!" I cried when he suddenly snapped his eyes wide open and taking in a deep breath as if he couldn't breathe.

Damon's POV

Right after I left Laura's house I got a voicemail from Liz, her daughter got in a car accident so I arrived at the hospital for support. I entered the lobby and found her by the assistance desk look rather worried. "Liz. I came as soon as I got the message. You okay?" I asked her.

"She's in surgery. They're doing everything they can." Liz told me and I nod at the good news. Then Liz looked at me desperately. "I need your help, Damon." I walked with her to a more quiet area so we could have a talk privately.

"Mayor Lockwood is dead." She told me discreetly. I act surprised, I already know he's dead because I saw him get killed along with the tomb vampires. But my just confused about one thing; I know he's not a vampire because the vervain didn't affect him like the rest of us.

"They thought he was a vampire. They put him in the basement." Liz said looking upset and scared. I continue to pretend I don't know anything to avoid suspicions. "Mayor Lockwood is a vampire?"

"No! No no!" She actively denied. "It was a mistake. They said he dropped when John's device went off and he-" She stopped herself when a nurse walked by us and she didn't continue until the nurse went away. "He couldn't have been a vampire! I've known the man my whole life. And now Carol Lockwood is gonna want answers. But all I can think about is Caroline."

She finally broke down crying, it was the first time I've seen her cry so I pulled her in and hugged her for comfort. "It's okay."

Third Person's POV

After taking John to the hospital for surgery Elena rushed over to Caroline's side when he surgery was done. Bonnie was waiting outside of her room when she saw Elena coming over. "How's Caroline?" Elena asked.

"She's weak. They don't know if she's gonna make it." Bonnied replied and at this moment Damon peered around the corner eavesdropping on their conversation. "How am I going to explain this to Laura?" Elena looked at her shocked.

"Where is she anyway?" Bonnie asked and Elena just shook her head frustrated. "I don't know. I've been trying to call her the past hour but nothing." She looked at her phone. "Is there something you can do like a spell or something?" Elena turned back to Bonnie.

Before she could answer Damon stepped out and interrupted them. "She doesn't know how. Do you?" He looked at her intimidatingly. "No. I don't." Bonnied replied defeated.

"No, you don't. Because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that." Damon looked down on her but Bonnie didn't let him slide. "Yeah, well I can take down a vampire. That spell is easy to learn."

Damon turned away at her minor threat, he didn't want to get another witchy migraine again. He turned to Elena. "I can give Caroline some blood."

"No. No way." She immediately shook her head rejecting the idea. "No. Just enough to heal her. She'll be safe in the hospital, it'll be out of her system in a day. She'll be better Elena." He tried to convince her.

"It's too risky. I can't agree to that. Laura won't let this happen." Elena continued to reject the idea on behalf of her sister but mostly her owns. "Do it." Bonnie glared at Damon making the two divert their attention to her. "This is Caroline. Laura's best friend. Our best friend." She looked at Elena to convince her as well. "We can't let her die."

Elena became quiet after Bonnie's stepped in, Bonnie glared at Damon once again. "Do it." She demanded. "If I do this. You and me... call it truce." He gestured between them hoping to let bygones be bygones. "No. But you'll do it anyway. For Laura."

Bonnie then leaves Elena and Damon alone, once she was gone Damon turned to Elena to talk to her discreetly. "I know this is probably the last thing you want to do right now but we should probably talk about what happened tonight."

"Yeah. One of the tomb vampire got into the house and almost killed John." Damon looked at her confused. "What? What-When? What are you talking about? After I left?" He asked.

"You were there?" It was Elena's turn to be confused but Damon didn't buy it. "Come on Elena. You know I was." He rolled his head frustrated but he fake acting. "When were you at the house?"

"Really?" He glared at her but she still didn't know what he was talking about. "Earlier? On the porch? We were talking. All cathartic feelings were exposed-- come on Elena. We Kissed!" He finally came out and said it when she continued to not understand where he was getting at.

Elena was surprised and shocked, as well as disgusted and chose to ignore him. "Okay. I don't have time for this Damon." She tried to walk past him but he grabbed her arm roughly. "Hey, if you want to forget what happened, fine. I wish for the exact same thing!" He glared at her equally disgusted. Elena was speechless and looked at him in disbelief.

"Elena." At this moment Aunt Jenna rushed over to her niece as soon as she arrived, Damon quickly lets go of Elena and turned away. "I came as soon I as I got the message. Where's John? Jenna asked. Instead of answering her aunt's question Elena answered with a question. "Where were you?"

"At the fire department. I had to fill out a report. I told you earlier." Jenna was slightly bewildered by the sudden question. "No, you didn't." Elena shook her head. "Yes, I did." Jenna confirmed.

"No, Jenna you didn't." Elena stated surely, at this point Jenna was getting frustrated with Elena's denial. "Yes, I did."

Both Elena and Jenna with firm with their side of the story they know and was completely confused why the other was saying a different story. The only person who caught on what was really happening was Damon. He finally realised why Elena was confused about earlier, because it wasn't her.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." Damon groaned to himself. Elena turned to him with a narrow look, looking at him reminded him of Laura and knew she was in danger. "Oh no." Damon ran from the hospital and Elena followed him after catching on with his worried look.

Damon's POV

Katherine. It was Katherine. It had to be. That bitch. And I even kissed her!

Katherine must have tricked Jenna into thinking she was Elena and invited her into the house. She must have attacked John after she was done using him. Typical Katherine. Always tying those loose ends.

My body was boiling just from the thought of her messing with my mind pretending to be Laura to kissed me. She probably didn't think Laura would come home early so she quickly pretended to be Elena.

Now that I've got that cleared up, I'm only worried about Laura. I left her with that psychotic bitch. Elena was following me like a puppy asking for answered I don't have time to answer. "Damon! What's going on?" I ignored her as I hurried to the house.

"Damon!" Elena became frustrated by my silence. "Less talk and more walking. All I care about right now is Laura's safety." I replied coldly to her. I stormed through the front door and found Stefan on the floor and snapping his broken arm back in place.

"Stefan?" Elena looked at him confused as soon as she saw him brush himself up from the floor. "What happened?"

"Katherine happened." I muttered as I looked around the room. It was obvious that Katherine was here. Elena looked shocked at the both of us. "Where's Laura?" I looked at Stefan.

"I don't know. I thought she was with you." He said when my nose picked up a strong scent. "You smell that?" I looked at him and Stefan tensed.

"What?" Elena looked at us. "Blood."

"It's probably the faint smell from John." Stefan said. "No, it's not that" I said looking around the room the find the source of the blood. The smell was not his. It has the scent of a female; it was familiar, as though I've tasted it before. "It's not his blood I'm getting."

They didn't know what I was talking about but helped looked around the room to find anything out of the ordinary. The scent was coming from the closet underneath the staircase, I look over at Stefan who had the same look as I did. I slowly walk over to the closet hesitantly grabbed the knob.

I looked at Stefan and he nodded before I opened the door. There sitting in the corner was Laura knocked out unconscious with a blood wound on her neck. "Oh my god, Laura!" Elena cried behind me.

"No no no." I panicked and dropped to her body. "Laura? Laura?" Elena shook her body but there was no sign of her waking up. "Laura. Please wake up." I picked Laura up and brought her out from the closet.

I laid her on the couch and checked for her pulse. "She's still breathing." I said letting out a relief. I look up at Stefan when I realised he was bad around blood. He his face was shifted and he was fixated on Laura's bloody neck. "Stefan." His face returned to normal and he stepped away from her.

I bit my wrist and support her from under his neck to feed her my blood. Her whole body started reacting to my blood entering her mouth, her eyes flutter open and she instantly grabbed my hand. I pulled my hand away and looked at her worriedly. "Damon?" Laura asid softly looking at me through weak eyes.

"Oh my god, Laura." Elena let out her breath she'd been holding in and hugged her sister tightly. I was just relieved to see the love of my life was okay and still alive. "Hey, you okay?" She responded with a weak nod.

Elena pulled away so Laura could sit up and I pulled her into my chest and wrapped around her tightly. The moment I found her in the closet I was terrified by the thought of losing her. I'm just glad she's okay.

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

Elena finally lets me go once she's managed to get over her traumatic experience of seeing me at near death. We gathered in the dining room to discuss what had happened after I blacked out. "Did she say what she wanted?" Damon asked his brother who shook his head.

My memories was slowly coming back to me and so I told them what Katherine said before I blacked out. "She's said something about a plan set in motion." I told me and the boys looked at me. "What plan?" Stefan asked.

"I don't know. She wanted to kill me but that would have ruined her plan." I said. "She never wanted to kill you in the first place." Damon muttered thinking to himself. I looked at him confused but he quickly turned around to make a snide comment. "She certainly know how to make an entrance."

Stefan turned to his brother after picking up on something. "She said that she fooled one of us, at least. What does that- what does that mean?" Damon looked at him and explained. "She pretended to be Laura, pretending to be Elena at the same time when I showed up earlier tonight."

At this moment Elena came back after talking to Jeremy. "I told Jeremy. I can't lie to him any more." She walked into the kitchen upset and disheartened. Stefan looked at her worriedly rubbing her back to soothe her. "Are you two alright?" He asked.

"I don't know Stefan. I almost died tonight and on top of that I just met the very person I loathe in the worst possible way ever. I can't say I'm doing fine, can I?" I responded slightly angry.

Elena lets out a heavy sigh. "I thought with the tomb vampires gone, things would get better." Stefan pulled her head into his shoulder. "I know. We all did." Elena suddenly straightened herself when she realised something. "But Katherine was in the house. That means she's been invited him."

"Jenna thought she was you so she invited her inside after--" I met with Damon's eyes and things became awkward. Well for Damon, I was pissed. I shake the memory away and changed the subject when Stefan and Elena looked at us.

"What do we do now?" I asked the boys for some answers. "Move." Damon answered with a joke and Elena glared at him. "Very helpful. Thank you." I rolled my eyes at him.

"This is Katherine." I said.

"Katherine wants you dead. There's zero you can do about it." Damon said firmly. "You will be dead. But you're not." I shake my head, there's something more than that. "She clearly has other plans."

Stefan seemed to agree with me and nod his head. "Right and we just need to find out what it is and not provoke her." He turned to Damon knowing full well that Damon will do something impulsive.

"What happened tonight when you thought Katherine was Elena?" Stefan looked at Damon who looked at me, neither of us wanted to answer him. "To risk another... frown line encroaching on you very crowded forehead. We... kissed." Damon responded sheepishly.

"And you thought it was me?" Elena looked disgusted. "What do you mean you kissed? Stefan became jealous and confronted Damon for it.

"Well, you know, when two lips pucker and they go-" Damon pulled out his lips to make a kissy face leading Stefan to attack him but Damon was disappeared to my side.

"Don't be so obvious, Stefan." Damon teased his brother. "Beside I wasn't the only one who thought that. Laura thought she was Elena too." He state his defence but Stefan ignored his excuse and tried to attack him again.

I stepped in before things went out of hand when we really needed to focus on the issue at hand. "Stefan!" I jumped in between the two brothers who were acting like childrens. "It was an honest mistake. Just let it go. If it makes you any better he kissed Katherine, the self centred bitch." I said and he agreed to back down but continued to glare at Damon behind me.

"Later?"

"You're on." Damon replied like it was a challenge. I shake my head at how childish the boys were when their over 100 years. "You guys, John must know something." Elena spoke up. "There has to be a reason why she tried to kill him."

Hearing Uncle John getting attacked tonight was the first I've heard of it so I looked at her surprised. "Wha-what happened? Is he dead?" I clap my hand together with gleaming eyes sounding more excited than worried. I wasn't the slightest bit guilty not since he tried to kill my boyfriend.

I heard a snort from Damon and small laugh from Stefan but Elena was not having any of my humour. "Katherine tried to kill him tonight." She told me.

Tried. Which means he's still not dead.

"It's Katherine. She loves to play games and you're fooling yourself if you think you're going to find out what she's up to she wants to." Damon tried to dissuade figuring his old girlfriend out.

"No, Elena's right. We have to at least try. John could know something through Isobel." I said looking for a yes from Elena and Stefan. "Your mother was in touch with her, so maybe we could go to the hospital and talk to him." Stefan suggested agreeing with me.

"I got a better idea." Damon spoke up after being ignored by us. "What's that?" Elena looked at him. "I'm just going to ignore the bitch. See ya." He said and turned to leave.

"I-is that smart?" I asked and he turned back. "If Katherine thinks she's being ignored, it'll lure her out, we'll make a move." He said confidently of his plan.

"Yeah, then what?" Stefan asked doubting his plan would really work. "Stake her, rip her hearts out. Something poetic." Damon responded like a sociopath. "We'll see." Damon kissed my cheek before he left.

~ ~ ~ Next Day ~ ~ ~

Last night, other than finding out John was in the hospital, my best friend Caroline was in a car accident and was also in the hospital. So I made plans to go to visit her the next day, I was walking down the hall towards her room when I spotted Matt sitting outside her room.

"Hey Matt" I called him and he looked up with a big smile. "Laura, hey." He got up to see me. "You've been here all night?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah, with the Chief."

"And no one else?" I asked. "Stefan's brother Damon stopped by last night." He answered and I just gave a small nod. I know Damon gave his blood to heal her, Elena filled me in the details.

Tyler lost control of the wheel because he heard his loud noise and crashed, he was unconscious but the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with him that's why he's not in the hospital. The important thing was he heard the Gilbert device and it affected him just like his father. Weird.

"So where's Bonnie?" I asked looking around for her. "I thought she said she was coming with you." Matt said and I had a sheepish look. "I'm not exactly in speaking terms with her." I said and he looked at me to know what happened between us. "It's complicated. Call it girl's stuff."

Matt let the subject go and nodded to get the idea. We turn back to Caroline's room. "So how is she?" I asked. "See for yourself." He led me inside and I followed him. I walked in and my worries completely flew out the window because I found her sitting in bed watching T.V. She was healthy and not a single scratch.

Caroline saw me and perked up. "Jersey Shore is on." She said excited. Well I'm glad she's okay. I couldn't hold my emotions together anymore and went up to hug her. "Ow. Careful. Still a little sore." She winced with I squeezed her too tight.

I pulled away apologising. "Sorry."

"It's okay, but they say I'm healing really quick." She assured me. I smile to show how happy I was to see her okay. "My turn." Matt went in and kissed her.

I tears were falling from my face because I couldn't imagine life without Caroline. Who was going to keep life in order if my dear friend wasn't around. Sure she's a control freak but I would miss her so much.

"Why are you crying?" Caroline noticed I was crying and looked surprised. "Laura." Matt turned to me and wrapped cast free hand around my shoulder for comfort. "I'm just happy that you're okay." I struggled to tell her.

"Aww thank you guys." She said. "I love you guys." I hugged them both.

~ ~ ~ Later that day ~ ~ ~

Third Person's POV

It was the day to mourn over the death of Mayor Lockwood, the service was open to the public to attend and share their condolences. Katherine came to the funeral to begin her master plan pretending to be Laura because she was the perfect girl to impersonate.

Katherine walked up to the front doors with her heels clicking when she was stopped by Tyler standing at the door greeting guests as they arrive. "Hey Laura. Thanks for coming." He held out his hand and she took in feigning a sad look. "Come on in."

Katherine entered the house and smirked to herself.

Laura's POV

Today was the public invitation to attend the funeral of everyone's beloved Mayor so I came to share our condolences with the family. Tyler was welcoming people at the door and he seemed completely dejected, forcing himself to interact with everyone telling him how sorry they feel for him.

When I met him at the door every hate I ever felt towards him disappeared because he just lost his father. I know that feeling of loss before I lost my parents too. But it could be different for Tyler because he was never close with his father who was violently abusive towards him ever since he was young. But nevertheless, he was sad.

I walked up Tyler to share my condolences. "Hey Tyler. I'm sorry for your loss." I looked sympathetic but he looked at me confused. "Hey Elena." He said and I look at him weirdly. "Um... no this is Laura. Elena doesn't wear curls." I told him. We've known each other since we were kids how can he not tell me apart from Elena?

He took another look at me "Oh sorry, it's just that you already came here earlier." He said and I look at him confused. "What do you mean? When?"

"Just seconds ago." Tyler was getting confused as well when my eyes shot wide. Katherine. "Laura, are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, yeah. I was here before wasn't I? I'm forgetting a lot of things lately." I made up a lame excuse like I was getting amnesia. Thank you Katherine, for making me look like a fool. "Sorry. But anyway keep hanging in there Ty." I rubbed his arm before I went to look for Damon.

Damon's POV

Laura texted me she's here so I went to look for her but I couldn't find her anyway. I was hanging about in the dining room when Bonnie stuck close to me like a clingy girlfriend. "Did you know the Gilbert device affected Tyler Lockwood?" She asked quietly. "Well, I know it took the mayor down." I told her.

"Don't you want to know why?"

I looked at her a little ticked off remembering how she screwed us over. "Yeah, Bonnie. I would love to know why a non-vampire was tortured by the vampire torturing device that you let John Gilbert use against us." I said sarcastically. "Oh and by the way, how is it going with you and Laura?"

Bonnie seemed guilty when I brought up Laura's name and she didn't dare to look me in the eye. "She's-- refusing to talk to me." I gave her a smug look as I popped a grape in my mouth.

"Anyway so how's Caroline?" I turned to walk away as we talk. "She's much better." Bonnie answered following behind me. "You're welcome."

"No, you're welcome." She said with an attitude that got me to turn back to her. "Why am I welcome?"

"You lived to see another day." Bonnie gave me one of those weak threatening glares that unfazed me. "No good deed goes unpunished with you does it?" I look down on her mockingly.

"Doesn't undo the bad." I give her another smug look. "I know what you are Damon. You might have Laura, and the chief and everybody else fooled but not me. One wrong move and I'm gonna take you out." Bonnie challengingly declared which I got to say was very brave but also very stupid of her.

"Hmmm. You need to stop with the witch's brew." I warned her. "You're starting to believe your own press." Bonnie had a funny look and turned away before snapping a glare at me, my brain erupted pain and I groaned quietly to avoid looks.

"Bonnie, knock it off!" My girlfriend came in and saved me from her lunatic friend. Bonnie stopped witchy migraine me and my brain was all better. I glared at her tempting to rip out her throat. "Damon, you okay?" Laura grabbed my arm with a concerned look.

"Yeah." I said dryly.

Laura turned to Bonnie looking pissed. "You can go Bonnie." Bonnie seemed a bit regretful for what she did and tried to apologise. "Laura I--" Laura cut her off before she could actually start. "You can leave Bonnie!" She snapped.

Bonnie looked at her apologetically and reluctantly left us alone, Laura didn't even bother to look at her. When it was just the two of us in the room Laura had a serious look. "Damon, I need to talk to you."

"To declare you love for me?" I smirked and dropped my arm on her shoulder. She rolled her eyes being annoyed at me. "No!" She said flatly and I dropped my smirk. "Katherine's here."

I face fell and my eyes start to dart the room. "Katherine's pretending to be me, she was here seconds ago. We have to find her." Laura said desperately worried about running into her.

"I got it." I told her before I went to find Katherine.

Third Person's POV

"What are you doing here?" Stefan followed Katherine into another room after her found her making threats against Elena's best friend. Katherine casually walked around the house being unafraid of running into the twins. "After the way you treated me last night I thought a more public place would be more less violent." She said.

Stefan didn't want to let Katherine out of his sight and stuck close to her. "Taking this all a little too far, don't you think? Elena and Laura could walk in at any moment." Katherine was not worried and didn't care. "Hmm but that's part of the fun Stefan. Besides everyone will think either Elena or Laura."

Turn back to the room keeping a lookout for a particular person. "Damon's here. Somewhere. I've been avoiding him." She said picking up and cherry to eat when Matt walked into the room. "Hey guys."

Katherine put on her best acting pretending to be Elena since she was with Stefan. "Hey, Matt. I ah- I hear that Caroline is doing much better, her recovery is practically miraculous you must be relieved."

"Yeah. Thanks Elena." Matt nodded gratefully at her and left. "Ugh. He's eyes are so blue." Katherine squealed like a girl with a crush on the hottest guy in school. "You need to leave now." Stefan warned her.

Katherine pouted when Stefan was being cold and unwelcoming towards her. "You're hurting my feelings Stefan. Damon was much happier to see me but then again he thought I was Laura but then tricked him into believing I was Elena." She laughed mockingly at him.

"I was actually pretending to be Laura, but then she came home earlier than I thought. So I let them believed that I was Elena." Katherine explained as she walked around the room picking food from the plates. "She even had the audacity to yell at me. She got on my nerves so I bit her."

Stefan's blood was boiling, he had the urge to rip her heart out but he had to restrain himself from doing so. "Hmm, and you even left her alive. Why?" He asked. Katherine turned back with one of her scheming look. "I wasn't really going to kill her. Just wanted to teach her a lesson."

Stefan glared at her when Katherine laid her hand on his chest trying to engage intimacy with him. He didn't like the feeling of her touching him and moved away. "Katherine, I'm not doing this with you." He said.

"Okay. How bout we don't have a couple's fight in front of all your friend. Walk with me?" She suggested but Stefan was interested in going with her selfish wishes. "Just tell me what you're doing here?"

Katherine shrugged at the question to avoid answering it. "Maybe I missed you. Is that an acceptable reason?" She looked at him with a fake innocent look. "What game are you playing?"

Katherine seemed intrigued by the question and leaned forward. "Why? Wanna play with me?" She sounded turned on. "I don't know. How could I play if I don't know the rules?" Stefan said.

"No rules, Stefan. Don't you remember? No rules." Katherine smirked and walked away to the door. She stopped then looked back at him gesturing for him to take her hand and walk with her outside. But Stefan walked by her and knocked into her hand, she was displeased that he rejected her but followed after him.

Stefan and Katherine walked away from the mansion heading towards the backyard, it was so they could avoid her from meeting with the twins. "The Lockwood had more land than they use to. Possession of the tomb vampires bought the quite the fortune." Katherine commented.

"Yeah, why did you want them dead?" Stefan asked her curiously. "Hm? You're the one who turned most of them." Katherine simply scoffed at his question. "There is nothing more annoying than a vengeful vampire, Stefan. Just ask John Gilbert."

"You haven't changed at all have you?" Stefan stopped walking and so did Katherine. "But you have. You're stronger, meaner. Sexy." She looked at his body from head to toe pleased by what she was seeing.

"Don't flirt with me Katherine. I'm not Damon. I haven't spent 145 years obsessed with you." He told her. Katherine walked up to him. "Yeah, based on your choice of women. I'd say otherwise." She walked around to get a view of his back side. "Though I'll admit it does bother me that you've fallen in love with someone else."

Stefan turned back to her abruptly. "Oh, I was never in love with you, Katherine." She tilt her head at his words. "You compelled me. None of my feelings were real."

Katherine laughed folding her arms and walked up to him. "Believe what you want, Stefan. But I know the truth, and deep down so do you." She pointed at his heart smiling excitedly.

"The truth? "Well, the truth is you're the same lying, selfish, manipulative bitch that you've always been." Stefan glared at her hard wiping away her smile hurting her feelings. "So whatever it is that brought you here, let's just get on with it and leave town. Because if you don't, I will hunt you down and I will rip your heart out." He threatened her.

Katherine regained her composure after Stefan glared at her with cold murderous eyes. "You want to know why I'm here Stefan? I came back for you." She said but Stefan scoffed unconvinced it was that simple. "To take back what's mine, because I know you don't just have feelings for Elena, Stefan." He furrowed his brow. "No, you feel something for Laura as well."

Stefan brushed Katherine's words as rubbished and shook his head. "You're wrong, Katherine." She smirked as if she was sure of it. "Am I, Stefan? Because we both know you only love her because she's looks exactly like me."

He was silent as she pointed it out but he scoffed to deny it. "Problem is Katherine... is that I hate you". Fired with complete jealousy and anger Katherine picked up an steel candle holder planted in the ground and stabbed Stefan in the stomach with it. He crouched in pain when she twist the steel into his abdomen.

"You hate me huh? That sounds like a beginning of a love story, Stefan, not the end of one."

Damon's POV

Laura and I couldn't find Stefan and Elena inside the mansion until we came outside and found them in the backyard. Stefan's shirt had blood on it and Laura ran up to him worried. "Oh my god, Stefan. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said hoarsely. "Tried to track her but she's gone." I said catching up to her with my slow pace. "Ohh, cover up, boby-o." I pretended to be grossed out at his bloody stomach. "We have a crazy ex on the loose. Better watch out, looks like Katherine is out to steal your guy back." I teased Elena.

"Does she have a thing for Stefan?" Laura asked. "It's not what happened." Stefan said denied abruptly. "Isn't it? I mean it's only fair since I have Laura now." I place my arm around Laura's waist and pull her into me.

Elena gagged at the sight of us together. "I'm going to find Jenna and Jeremy". She said starting to leave. "Yea me too. Let us know when you guys are done." Laura followed her sister and left the two of us brothers some alone time.

I watched as my girlfriend takes her leave staring at her strut away. "So what's it gonna be?" I turned to Stefan once she was gone. "Fight to the death." I took a fighting stance to teased him and he just scoffed. "Go ahead make you threats, stake you claim." I hit him on the shoulders to get him to say something.

"I'm not gonna fight you." Stefan said. "Why?! I'd fight me."

Stefan turned to me with his serious look I always get tired of looking. "Katherine's gonna try to get us to turn on each other you do know that right?" He pointed out. "Brother, don't you worry. Our bond is unbreakable." I assured him when I wasn't so sure myself.

"We need to stay united against her. So yes, as much as I would like to kill you. I'm not gonna fight you." Stefan start to walk to away. Something feels off about him. "Laura and I are dating. I kissed her and I even slept with her!" I said aloud without the slightest intention of rubbing it in his face.

"Cos you feel something for her!" Stefan snapped at me out of nowhere. "Because you actually care. And I'm not gonna let Katherine come in here and destroy that part of you that finally after all this time you're willing to feel something." He point his finger at my chest. Somehow Stefan talking to me about relationship with making me feel uncomfortable.

"She'll try to break you. She'll try to break us and how we respond to it will define us.It's our choice."

~ ~ ~ Night Fall ~ ~ ~

Third Person's POV

Damon came home keeping in the back of his mind his conversation with Stefan. He walked into the living room and poured himself a glass of bourbon. He was about to leave the room when he felt another presence in the room. "Very brave of you to come here."

Katherine was sitting on the couch watching him quietly."I wanted to say goodbye." He turned back to her. "Leaving so soon?" He walked up to her. "I know where I'm not wanted." She responded. "Don't pout. It's unattractive on a woman your age." He sipped his drink.

Katherine scoffed at by his comment. "Ouch."

Damon put down his glass in front of her and turned to leave when Katherine vamped in front of him. "What no goodbye kiss?" Damon glared at her. "Why don't I kill you instead?" She laughed at his arrogance.

"What are you doing here?" Damon looked at her. "Nostalgia. Curiosity. Etc." She responded avoiding the question again. "I'm better at the enigmatic one liners, Katherine. What are you up to?"

"Trust me, Damon. When I'm up to something you'll know it." Katherine told him. "Come on, kiss me. Or kill me. Which will it be Damon?" She walked to tempt him bringing in her lips closer to his. "We both know that you're only capable of one."

Damon turned away from her kiss to walk away when Katherine pushed him on the ground and lied on top of him. She leaned in to talk in his ear. "My sweet, innocent Damon." She slides her hand over his chest and kissed lightly on his cheek. Damon grabbed her neck and flipped her over to be on top of her.

The two stared intensely at each other before Damon kissed Katherine hungrily craving for her touch in a long time. He craved for her kiss and lusted for her after waiting for 145 years. She was finally in his arms again.

"That's more like it." Katherine breathed after a passionate kiss before they connect their lips again.

Damon was just happy to have Katherine back in his arms again to notice someone standing outside his house, watching him from the windows with a broken heart.

Laura.

Standing outside in front of Damon's house with tears in her eyes at the sight she was seeing from the window. Laura covered her mouth in horror, she wanted to scream and cry out loud but she didn't want to feel any more humiliated. Feeling betrayed and hurt by the person she trust and loved who she gave her first to.

She couldn't forgive him.

Laura teared her eyes from the window and ran back to her car to drive him. Once she was back in the comforts and privacy of her own room she broke down in tears and wept uncontrollably.

Laura's POV

"This can't be happening. It's not true. That's not Damon. He wouldn't do this to me." I muttered to myself completely trying to deny everything I saw because I loved him.

Who am I kidding? That was Damon.

I closed the door to my room and fell to the ground with my knees pulled up to my chin. My tears won't stop coming and my heart won't stop aching. It hurts. It hurts so much. Damon said he loved me. He said moved on from her. I should have known. It was too good to be true.

He was my first.

After I cried for an hour I forced myself to get back up and went into the bathroom to take my makeup off. I looked at myself in the mirror and oh god, I was a mess. My face was dripping with black eyeliner because I cried so much. I changed out of my clothes into comfortable one and returned to the bedroom.

I walked out when I was surprised to see Damon sitting on my bed mindlessly waiting for me. He was the last person I wanted to see right now. I look at him and my heart wanted to break all over again. I've never felt so betrayed before.

"What are you doing here?" I glared at him not that he was looking to notice. Damon looked at me quietly. "Just doing my part in the neighbourhood watch." He responded looking rather drably.

"Well, I'm fine." I turned away. Just looking at him made my blood boil. "It's part of what I do. The trusted bodyguard. Calm and gracious." I noticed his words were a bit slow and slurred and became suspicious. "Have you been drinking?"

Damon looked at me and gestured a small amount with his fingers. "And you're upset, that's not a good combination." Katherine must have said something to him for him to be here. He was clearly having a good time with her but he was here. So she must have rejected him and now he was crawling back to me.

It was even more humiliating.

"No, I'm not upset. Upset is an emotion specific to those who care." Damon denied it which meant he was upset by her rejection. "Well, it is like you to lie about your emotions, just deny everything you feel. You're good at that." I snapped at him.

He looked at me when he noticed my tone. "What are you implying?" I shake my head at him, I couldn't keep myself quiet about tonight after all. "You had me fooled." I looked at him disappointedly but he continued to feign his innocence. "You lied to me, Damon."

"What?"

Damon stood up from my bed and I was finally comforting him eye to eye. "Do you love me?" I asked him when I know whatever he was going to tell me wasn't true. "Of course I do." He responded.

I couldn't bring myself to believe him after what I saw tonight. "No, you don't." He was taken back and stared at me confused. "I was only a distraction for you. You never loved me Damon. You just proved that tonight. With Katherine."

His confused look became cleared after I mentioned her name and his began to panic. "You kissed her, the same way you kissed me." I was going to cry again but I didn't let myself cry. Not in front of him.

Damon had guilt in his eyes and tried to explain to me. "No, Laura, that was a mistake. I don't love Katherine anymore. I only love you." He said but I don't believe it. I don't believe him. I shake my head at him. "I don't believe you. I can't love you any more,Damon. Not after what I saw tonight."

I turned away when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him. "You're a liar, Laura. There's something going on between the two of you and you know it." He was drunk and I didn't want to talk to him anymore. "You can't fall out of love with me that easily. I know you." I hate how he knows me, how he knows I can't stop loving him.

"There was never something between us. I was delusional to believe for even a second that you loved me for me." I stared at him with tears threatening to come out. "You're the liar, Damon.

I turned away but he kept his firm grip on me. "No, you're the one lying to me and most of all you're lying to yourself." Damon cupped my face in his hands. "I can prove it."

"No." He pulled me in to kiss me and I struggled to get away from him. "Damon stop it!" I turned my head away from any more of his advances but he was being persistent. "Lie about this." He forced another kiss on me and I punched him hard against on the chest but it was not use, he wouldn't let me go.

Tears were seeping out of my eyes, I couldn't control my emotions and let out a sob through my lips being forced with his. After hearing my cries Damon finally lets me go realising that he was hurting me. "Why are you doing this to me? What did I ever do to you?" I sobbed.

"And you said I'm the liar? I don't go around telling people I love them when I don't!" I yelled at him. "I meant it when I said I love you, Damon. Every time you do something stupid, every time you betrayed me I always end up forgiving you because I love you!"

"Laura I--"

He tried to approach me but I push myself away from him. "Stay away from me! I can't forgive." Damon look at him sad at my rejection. I tried to walk away from him again but he stopped me. "Laura, I need to you give me another chance. Please." He said desperately.

"Why should I?"

Without answering my question Damon pulled me for another forceful kiss but stopped him from kissing me. "No, Damon. Stop it." I tried to shove him away and pull myself away from his lips.

"No." He gripped tightly on my wrist erupting pain around them. "Ahh. Damon you're hurting me." I wince at the pain as he stared at me intensely.

"Laura, what's going on in here?" At this moment Jeremy walked into the room after hearing my cries. Damon turned to him loosening his grip on and I pull away from him. "Nothing Jer. It's okay. Just- just go back to bed." I glared at him Damon. "Damon was just saying goodnight."

"No, it's not okay Laura." Damon looked at me then looked at Jeremy. "He wants to be a vampire." In a blink of an eye, Damon had my brother up against the wall grabbing him by the throat.

"No! Damon stop it!" I cried and ran over to pull him off Jeremy but Damon wouldn't let him. Jeremy was getting scared and terrified by the look in Damon's eyes. "You want to shut off the pain? It's the easiest thing in the world."

"Damon, don't you dare!" I yelled at him.

"The part of you that cares just goes away." He whispered darkly in Jeremy's ear grabbing tighter around his neck. I start to breath heavily and punched Damon's shoulder to get him to let Jeremy go. "All you have to do is flip the switch and snap!"

"Damon!"

I heard a loud snap and next thing I knew Jeremy's body fell down to the floor unresponsive. "No!!!" I screamed and rushed over to his body. "Jeremy?Jeremy!" I cried shaking his body.

"Laura, what's going on?" My sister came into my room and stopped at the door when she saw I was sitting by Jeremy's lifeless body. "Oh my god Jeremy!" She ran over to his body. "Jeremy?"

I looked at Damon and saw no regret in his eyes for what he did as he stared at me. I shake my head at him through my wet eyes. He stared at me and I swore I saw a hint a guilt in his eyes but he turned away and left.

I turn back to Jeremy to cry some more over my brother's death when Elena called for my attention. "Laura look." She held up Jeremy's hand to show the Gilbert ring on his finger. "That's John's ring."

"He's going to be okay." She breathed in relief and so did I. He's going to be okay. My brother's going to be okay. Stefan came by as soon as he got the call from Elena and we were all waiting for our brother to wait up. I held Jeremy's body in my arms waiting for him to wake up. "He saw the ring that's why he did it. He knew." Stefan said after analysing.

"He didn't see the ring." I muttered through the left over tears. "It's Katherine. She got under his skin. She undid everything that was good about him." He continued.

"There's nothing good about him, Stefan. Not any more." Elena said.

"You were right to worry about me, Stefan." I look at him. "He's never going to change." I clutched onto my brother's head. "He's decided what he wants. He doesn't want to feel, he wants to be hated. It's just easier that way. He got his wish. I hate him, Stefan."

Elena came over to me and wrapped her arms around me to comforting me. "You'll get over it. I promise."

Suddenly Jeremy woke up and gasped for air scaring me, he start to have panic episode and couldn't keep still. "Jeremy. Jeremy, calm down." Stefan came over to have a look at Jeremy. "Hey, hey. You're going to be okay. You're okay. Shhh." He calmed him.

"He killed me. Damon killed me." Jeremy jumped around scared.

"It's okay." I hug onto him tightly filled with joy that my brother was alive. Elena let out a sigh of relief and hugs Stefan.

After saying goodnight with Jeremy and I went back to my room and went to bed. It's over for us. Damon and I are over.

I can't-... I don't know how I feel about him any more.

Part of me hate him and never want anything to do with him. But the other part of me still can't stop loving him. I loved him and I still do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 140 71
Aria Gilbert is the twin sister Elena Gilbert but even though they were twin they were very much different. While they both were cheerleaders and had...
212K 5K 51
[Second Book to The Unveiling Truth] For two months she was taken by the devil, she misses her home, her family, her friends. But mostly she misses h...
233K 6.1K 65
I could hear her heart race and her breath get heavy. When she looked up at me, I saw tears run down her red cheeks. She flipped over onto her back a...
78.9K 2K 27
Kenzie Gilbert is dead. Gone is the mute, depressed teenage girl she was before she met Stefan Salvatore. Left behind was the young woman she became...