The Melting Pot Complex

By KnittedKneeHighs

'Looking for quiet roommate.' 'Located in quiet area.' 'Apartment has previously received noise complaints.' ... More

Preface
Characters
Chapter One ~ Virgil
Chapter Two ~ Patton
Chapter Three ~ Logan
Chapter Four ~ Roman
Chapter Five ~ Virgil
Chapter Six ~ Patton
Chapter Seven ~ Logan
Chapter Eight ~ Roman
A Little Poll
Chapter Nine ~ Virgil
Poll Results and a Note
Chapter Ten ~ Patton
Chapter Eleven ~ Logan
Chapter Twelve ~ Roman
Chapter Thirteen ~ Virgil
Chapter Fourteen ~ Patton
Chapter Fifteen ~ Logan
Chapter Sixteen ~ Roman
Chapter Seventeen ~ Virgil
Chapter Eighteen ~ Patton
Chapter Nineteen ~ Logan
Chapter Twenty ~ Roman
Chapter Twenty-One ~ Virgil
Chapter Twenty-Two ~ Patton
Chapter Twenty-Three ~ Logan
Chapter Twenty-Four ~ Roman
Chapter Twenty-Five ~ Virgil
Chapter Twenty-Six ~ Patton
Chapter Twenty-Seven ~ Logan
Chapter Twenty-Eight ~ Roman
Chapter Twenty-Nine ~ Virgil
Chapter Thirty ~ Patton
Chapter Thirty-One ~ Logan
Chapter Thirty-Two ~ Roman
Chapter Thirty-Three ~ Virgil
Chapter Thirty-Four ~ Patton
Chapter Thirty-Five ~ Logan
Chapter Thirty-Six ~ Roman
Chapter Thirty-Seven ~ Virgil
Chapter Thirty-Eight ~ Patton
Chapter Thirty-Nine ~ Logan
Chapter Forty ~ Roman
Chapter Forty-One ~ Virgil
Chapter Forty-Two ~ Patton
Chapter Forty-Three ~ Logan
Chapter Forty-Four ~ Roman
Chapter Forty-Five ~ Virgil
Chapter Forty-Six ~ Patton
Chapter Forty-Seven ~ Logan
Chapter Forty-Eight ~ Roman
Chapter Forty-Nine ~ Virgil
Chapter Fifty - Patton
Chapter Fifty-One ~ Logan
Chapter Fifty-Two ~ Roman
Chapter Fifty-Three ~ Virgil
Chapter Fifty-Four ~ Patton
Chapter Fifty-Five ~ Logan
Chapter Fifty-Six ~ Roman
Chapter Fifty-Seven ~ Virgil
Chapter Fifty-Eight ~ Patton
Chapter Fifty-Nine ~ Logan
Chapter Sixty ~ Roman
Chapter Sixty-One ~ Virgil
Chapter Sixty-Two ~ Patton
Chapter Sixty-Three ~ Logan
Chapter Sixty-Four ~ Roman
Chapter Sixty-Five ~ Virgil
Chapter Sixty-Six ~ Patton
Chapter Sixty-Seven ~ Logan
Chapter Sixty-Eight ~ Roman
Chapter Seventy ~ Patton
Chapter Seventy-One ~ Logan
Chapter Seventy-Two ~ Roman
Chapter Seventy-Three ~ Virgil
Chapter Seventy-Four ~ Patton
Chapter Seventy-Five ~ Logan
Chapter Seventy-Six ~ Roman
Chapter Seventy-Seven ~ Virgil
Chapter Seventy-Eight ~ Patton
Chapter Seventy-Nine ~ Logan
Chapter Eighty ~ Roman
Final Author's Note
Hi Again Kids

Chapter Sixty-Nine ~ Virgil

1.9K 119 153
By KnittedKneeHighs

{Possible trigger warnings: I don't think there is anything but

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

"Hi Robin." Virgil leaned against the door frame of Emile's apartment as his boyfriend opened the door. "I brought your favorite sweatshirt."

Emile grinned at him. "C'mon in, Koda-Bear."

"I am not nearly as annoying as Koda, I'll have you know." 

Emile smacked him lightly on the arm as they walked into the kitchen. "Koda's an endearing sweetheart who just needs a family figure! And Koda is the closest name I could think of to Cuddle."

"Didn't want to call me Kenai?" Virgil snickered. "I'm an easily irritated and sarcastic man who makes stupid and impulsive decisions that get me in trouble."

"I like Koda-Bear better." Emile stood on tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

Virgil smiled and handed over his sweatshirt. "Are the others joining us tonight?"

"Nope! Elliot has to work and most of the others are actually out of town right now."

Virgil wiggled his eyebrows as he leaned against the kitchen counter. "Nice."

Emile swatted him with a dish towel. "No nasty business during Disney movies."

"Alright, alright." He smiled. "Do you need any help with anything?"

"I don't think so, I'm almost done." Emile opened the microwave, pulling out a plastic popcorn popper. "Have you ever used this on popcorn?"

Virgil took the little spice container and looked at it. "Brady Cheese Sprinkle? Never heard of it."

"Well it's amazing, and you're gonna love it." Emile plucked it out of his hand and began to shake it over the popcorn that Virgil could see had been drizzled with butter now.

He leaned over and snagged a piece of popcorn from the bowl, laughing as Emile smacked his hand. "So with the Koda-bear nickname, can I expect Brother Bear to be on the movie list tonight?"

Emile grinned, nodding. "Always been a favorite!"

"Yeah, I don't mind it either." Virgil nodded. Emile handed him the bowl of popcorn and grabbed a couple drinks out of the refrigerator.

"The cats around?" He asked as the two of them made their way into the living room. His question was answered when a small gray head popped above the back of the armchair.

Emile shrugged. "The others are nearby. You know how they are."

"I do." Virgil set the popcorn on the coffee table and went over to the armchair. "Hi Berlioz."

Berlioz meowed and rolled onto his back.

"Wierd cat." Virgil teased as he gave the kitten a short belly scratch. 

"Be nice to him." Emile warned jokingly. "Toulouse will have your ankles."

"I'd like to see him try." Virgil scooped Berlioz up into his arms and looked around for the little orange tabby that he knew would be somewhere close. Wherever Berlioz was, Toulouse would be nearby.

He saw a flash of orange beneath the armchair and swung his leg backward, out of the way of tiny claws. "Too slow, tough guy."

"They like you so much more than Sloane, I think you're going to make him upset."

"It's not my fault I'm a contrary person and cats get that." Virgil leaned down and scooped Toulouse up as well. "Where's Marie?"

"Probably with Duchess somewhere." Emile shrugged, grabbing a blanket off the back of the couch and sitting down. "She likes you too, they'll show up at some point."

Virgil carried the two cats over to the couch and sat down, letting Emile toss half the blanket over his legs before setting Toulouse in his lap and cuddling Berlioz in his arms.

Emile giggled and pulled his phone out. "Smile."

"I don't smile for photos." Virgil held Berlioz up so the little cat's body covered the lower half of his face. Toulouse pawed at his chest and Emile took the picture, laughing.

"So what are we watching first?" He asked, leaning over to kiss Emile quickly once the phone was away again.

"You tell me, Koda-Bear." Emile grinned, holding up a small stack of flat DvD cases.

"Fan 'em out." Virgil set Berlioz on his chest. Emile fanned out the cases and he grabbed one at random, turning it around.

"Good pick!" Emile laughed, taking the AristoCats DvD and getting up to put it in the player. Berlioz meowed agreement.

Virgil watched his boyfriend put the movie in, smiling to himself. He hadn't thought much about life after the apartment with the others, but maybe this could be his next step. Or they could find somewhere together. Something like that.

"Ready?" Emile sat down next to him again. He must have found the other two cats because he had Marie in his arms. Duchess hopped up onto the arm of the couch, draping herself over the side of it.

"Absolutely, Robin." Virgil wrapped an arm around him.

~~~ Four Hours Later ~~~

By the end of the second movie, Emile had fallen asleep, as had most of the cats. Toulouse was sitting in Virgil's lap, rubbing his head against Virgil's hand as Virgil absentmindedly pet him.

His phone buzzed and he grabbed it, looking at the screen. It was a text from Roman.

The Annoying One

-Patton wants to know if you're coming home tonight-

-I told him you were probably getting some-

-Classy.-

-I don't think so. Is it still storming?-

-Yep-

-Logan's happy with it-

-I'm not-

-Cry me a river Princey-

-Yeah tell Patton I'm not coming home tonight-

-Emile's already asleep and I'm not gonna bug him-

-Plus I have cats all over me-

-Well now Patton wants pictures- 

Another text message popped up on his screen. Virgil rolled his eyes, smiling.

Popstar

-CAN I SEE THE CATS-

-VIRGIIIIIIIIL-

-hold on Pat-

Virgil set his phone on a ten second timer and carefully leaned over to the coffee table, setting it up. He carefully tapped the button and leaned back, putting his arm around Emile again and kissing his forehead.

Once the photo took, he grabbed his phone again and checked it. The TV cast enough light for the photo to be clear. 

Popstar

-Couch.jpg-

-I can't get Duchess into frame-

-But she's on the couch arm-

-AWWW THEY'RE SO CUTE-

-I want to meet them-

-That wouldn't be good for you-

-I KNOW I KNOW-

-but kitties-

-but hospital visit-

-boooooo-

-I'll see you tomorrow, Pat-

-gn-

-goodnight! Sleep well with the kitties!-

Virgil shook his head, smiling, and pocketed his phone.

"Emmy, sweetheart. I think it's bedtime." He nudged his boyfriend carefully. Emile grumbled and cuddled closer. "Emile. C'mon, Robin."

"Five more minutes."

Virgil laughed and put Toulouse right next to Emile's face. The cat began to nuzzle his owner, meowing twice.

"Fiiiine, I'm awake." Emile peeked an eye open. "Hi Tiger."

"I'm gonna assume you're talking to Toulouse and not me."

{I have been neglecting this cute couple so have some Anxcani fluff}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.5K 183
Basically, I just LOVE Thomas Sanders YouTube series, Sanders Sides, sooo, I am making an Ask Or Dare! I know, there are probably already some of the...
16.7K 1.3K 34
*Completed* Virgil doesn't know it, but he's the son of Lucifer. After his caring mother is killed in a horrible car crash that should have killed V...
11.8K 414 26
Virgil's past haunts him. He sees it everywhere and its in everything he does. And to make matters worse, he blames himself. After a tragic accident...
85K 3.8K 36
Five years away has changed a lot, which Virgil is still learning, as he tries to get back into the swing of things. With a past like his, it's hard...