Dark Despair (Book 2: Togethe...

By queennightfurious

"We're training everyone to ride dragons." Drago is back and has allied with Grimmel. Sky is the alpha, she i... More

Trigger Warnings
Prologue
Denial
Forgiveness
The First Rescue
The Rescues
Alive
Reveals
Preparing for War
Setting sail
The Hidden World
War Cry
Love on the Battlefield
Grimmel and Drago
Worth it?
Aftermath of War
Fish makes us Understand
Dreamchaser
Soulmates
Toothless's Welcome
Memories
Defenders
Dragon Lady
Snoggletog
A/N #1
Delta
Magnar
Trillium
Captive
A/N #2
Too close
The Mist Disperses
Saving Mist
A/N #3
Chieftess
A/N #4
My life is CURSED
So close
Hiccup's Alive
And... He's back
Lessons and Setbacks
Character guide

Seeing you again

104 2 0
By queennightfurious

Astrid's POV

"Honestly, I don't know. I lost my memories from before. I remembered some things, but not a lot."

"What'd you forget?"

"Everything except that I had a brother named Toothless and he is the king of dragons. 'Bout a year later I saw some Nadders doing a mating dance and I remembered you and that you were my soon-to-be-mate. What did I miss while I was gone?"

"Well, do you remember Streak?" He shook his head, "Well he is your adopted brother. He and his mate, Peace, a Light Fury, had eggs and two children. One male, one female, called Shadowfrost and Stardust. 

"Toothless and his mate, Sky had a female called Dreamchaser. Those three are four years old. Your sister, Delta-"

"I have a sister called Delta?" I nodded, "Tell me about her."

"Well, she's your blood-sister. She's the dragon princess and was born human, like you and can turn into a Night Fury."

"Wait, wait, wait... I am the dragon prince, was born human, and can turn into a Night Fury?"

"Precisely. Anyway, as I was saying, your sister has red hair and blue-grey eyes her Night Fury form is like yours except she has grey spots on her wings. About a year and a half ago she became mates with Darkstar. Who's apparently cousins with Eclipse..."

"You know Eclipse! How is she? How's Mist? Who else is captured?"

"Woah, Woah, slow down! Mist and Eclipse are fine. At least they were before we just tried to rescue you."

"Wait... How do you speak so much dragonease? I only taught you like ten words."

"I've been looking for you for the past five years! Stormfly was teaching me."

"Okay. What else happened while I was missing?"

I explained everything while leaving out the fact that Toothless had given up on him, "What about you?"

"Well, the first year, I didn't remember anything besides Toothless's name. The last four years I've-" He was cut off by Viggo walking in.

"Dragon Lady. How nice to see you again." I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, down to business. Why were you attacking a fleet of 30 ships?"

"Why should I tell you?" He drew a knife and sliced my arm and I hissed in pain.

"That's why." 

"Touch her again and you die." Hiccup growled.

"Not now." I hissed at him.

"Yes now! He hurt you! Drop the knife now!"

"You're making this worse!" I growled back.

"Ahhhh... SO that's it." I made sure to keep my face neutral even though I was shocked.

"What's it?" I asked innocently.

"Why you growl. Please, tell me what he said."

"I don't know what you're talking about." 

He pointed the knife at me again and said, "You know what happens when you lie."

"Stay away! Get back! I'll make you pay!"

"Hiccup, shut up!" Then I realized what I had just said and my eyes widened. I'd just told them about Hiccup. I'd verified that I could understand what he said. Those three words had doomed us both.

"Hiccup? As in the Hiccup, you don't know? As in Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third?"

I struggled against my chains, hoping to save him.

I watched as Viggo turned and took a step towards Hiccup, "That's right. Back away from her."

"No! Do not think this is good! I just blew your cover! Protect yourself, Hiccup!"

"Silence her!" Viggo shouted and a guard gagged me. "You mean something to her, don't you, Hiccup? I mean look at the way she struggles when she knows your life is in danger. Look how she tries to warn you. And, Dragon Lady... I believe that you told me a lie last time, didn't you?"

He threw the knife at me and it embedded in the wood beside me. I looked around and saw that none of the guards were watching me, they all had their eyes fixed on Hiccup.

"Hiccup, Hiccup, Hiccup. Well, it's been a while since we've seen each other hasn't it." Keep talking, keep talking.

I grabbed the knife out of the wall and started to use the knife to pick the locks on the chains.

"Would you believe that my business has been thriving without you to interfere."

A few minutes later and I left the chains on, but undone, and took my gag off and whispered, "Shift."

"Although, the Dragon Lady has made sure that it doesn't thrive too much because she sinks my ships and frees my dragons."

His ears pricked up and he growled back, "I don't know how."

"Fine, then distract them, I'll slip out, grab some weapons and come back for you."

"So now that I can eliminate both of you. It means my business will thrive and there will be no interference."

"Are you sure you can handle that?" He asked worriedly, "How will you even get out of the chains?"

"You know I'm not scared of your growling, Hiccup. Especially, not when I have you tied up."

"Leave that to me."

Suddenly, he swiped his tail around and it went under Viggo's legs and knocked him off of his feet. He placed his claw on Viggo's chest and growled.

All of the hunters went to try to stop him and I slipped out, unnoticed.

On the deck, there were two guards.

I hid behind a couple of barrels then charged.

They turned around and had barely enough time to lift their weapons before I was upon them. I ducked behind them and knocked them out with the dagger.

I called as loud as I could for the dragons.

"Astrid? What happened?" Windshear asked. As I saw the others dive down.

"Hurry!" I yelled and ran below the ship.

The scene that met me was awful. I saw that the hunters had surrounded Hiccup and were about to kill him.

"Touch him and you die," I said, letting my voice drop into a deadly calm.

A few backed up with their hands raised while the others laughed at me, one going as far as saying, "And what will you do about it?"

Two seconds later I had Viggo's knife against his throat, "I would choose your next words carefully."

I then turned my glare on all of the other hunters, "Now all of you be reasonable and back away," I waved the knife around, "or else."

A few more backed away from Hiccup, but there was still Viggo and two of his men to contend with.

"Fine you asked for it." I whistled and Windshear started herding the men who had surrendered into a cage. I hit the man I was holding hostage hard enough on the head with Viggo's dagger to knock him out.

I saw Windshear guarding the cage with her tail spikes raised threateningly.

"What can you possibly do against me and two of my best men?" Viggo asked me.

"More than you will ever be able to do." I sheathed the knife and pulled out the two swords I had stolen.

I closed my eyes to listen as Viggo's men attacked and took a calming breath before dodging under their swords. I twirled around and cut them across the back. I heard them cry out in pain right before I heard Viggo attack. 

I parried with one sword while attacking with the other. I twisted out of the way as I heard the men rise and try to attack me.

I opened my eyes and saw an opening. I cut Viggo's sword arm while blocking an attack from behind.

Viggo hissed in pain and I took the small moment of distraction to hit him on the head with the hilt of my sword. He fell over unconscious.

I turned back towards the other two and saw as the raised their hands, "Cage, now!" I told them.

I watched as the warily entered the cage with the other men.

I didn't waste a second to get to Hiccup. I took the muzzle off and just hugged him, "I thought I'd never see you again. I thought maybe you were dead and my years of searching were for nothing. I missed you." I told him.

"I thought we promised to always find each other."

"We did, didn't we?"

"Yes, we did. Astrid... I love you." I looked at him.

"I love you, too." I worked on the chains holding him down and five minutes later we were in the air and on our way to the Hidden World.

Hiccup and I hadn't been there to see each other through the rise of darkness. But, gods above we'd definitely be there for each other through the rise of light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 6.9K 18
Everyone on Berk believes Toothless to be the last Night Fury, the only one of his kind left. But all that changes when a black dragon appears on the...
6.9K 169 20
Hiccup is the runt of his tribe and Astrid is abused by her parents. Then Hiccup befriends toothless and shows Astrid a dragons true nature Years pas...
9.6K 245 27
What if Hiccup left Berk when he won the chance to kill a dragon all those years ago? Six years after Hiccups mysterious disappearance, a new Chief...
460K 6.7K 41
A story about Hiccup and Astrid on Berk. They are now 21. Takes place after httyd 2. This is my first story ever so please don't hate. Sorry if I hav...