Loving You / Paul Lahote - [...

By apollosmeatballs

*COMPLETED*Ashley Cullen was just a baby when she and her birth parents were in a horrible car accident. Rosa... More

Prologue - [EDITED]
1 - [EDITED]
2 - [EDITED]
3 - [EDITED]
4 - [EDITED]
5 - [EDITED]
6 - [EDITED]
7 - [EDITED]
8 - [EDITED]
9 - [EDITED]
10 - [EDITED]
11 - [EDITED]
12 - [EDITED]
13 - [EDITED]
14 - [EDITED]
15 - [EDITED]
16 - [EDITED]
17 - [EDITED]
18 - [EDITED]
19 - [EDITED]
20 - [EDITED]
22 - [EDITED]
23 - [EDITED]
24 - [EDITED]
25 - [EDITED]
26 - [EDITED]
27 - [EDITED]
28 - [EDITED]
29 - [EDITED]
30 - [EDITED]
31 - [EDITED]
32 - [EDITED]
33 - [EDITED]
34 - [EDITED]
35 - [EDITED]
Epilogue - [EDITED]

21 - [EDITED]

4.3K 99 7
By apollosmeatballs

One and a half days later from the party and the graduation, the Cullens were inside the forest. Edward was driving both Bella and Ashley there since both girls didn't want to be left out from it, and god knew if things went sideways they were the only moderators.

After getting out of the car Ashley walked toward her parents, standing together next to Jasper and Alice. "Hey kiddo," Emmett greeted her. 

She smiled and stood between them. Before she could reply everyone turned around to face the trees.

Eight wolves emerged from the woods and stopped a couple of meters away from the vampires.

Edward turned to Carlisle. "They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms," he said. 

Carlisle kept looking at them. "They came. That's what matters. Will you translate?" he asked as he stepped forward to the middle of the group.

While a light brown wolf got down and closer to Bella, the similar silvery one took a step toward Ashley and her parents. She knew that it was probably for precaution since she was standing between five vampires, so she smiled at the wolf.

"Welcome," Carlisle started, "Jasper has experience with newborns, he'll teach us how to defeat them," he said, gesturing to Jasper who had taken a step forward.

The black wolf, which Ashley learned was Sam from Paul, lightly growled. "They want to know how the newborns differ from us," Edward said. 

"They're a great deal stronger than us because their own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life," Carlisle explained then tilted his head at Jasper to take over.

Jasper nodded and took a step forward. "Carlisle's right, that's why they are created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army, but no human army could stand against them," 

Just by his tone, Ashley could get how much even talking about this brought her uncle back, to the being he hated and fought so hard to move on from, her heart ached for her uncle.

"Now, the two most important things to remember are, first, never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly. And second, never go for the obvious kill, they'll be expecting that, and you will lose," Jasper explained then turned around walking to a clearing as he called for Emmett.

Ashley walked toward Bella, everyone but them would soon get involved and she wanted to be by her friend. They both gave each other a small smile as they continued watching Jasper and Emmett.

"Don't hold back," Jasper commented. 

"Not in my nature," Emmett smirked. Ashley rolled her eyes at her father's remark, even in training he was still his playful self.

The training continued for a while. Jasper took down Emmett, Carlisle took down Edward. As everyone fought, Jasper was giving them tips. The wolves were watching closely. Rosalie almost got Jasper but he was more experienced and she glared at her brother as she walked away.

When it felt like the fights were getting to an end and Ashley spotted Jacob walking towards them, she walked away from Bella, wanting to leave the two of them alone. Fortunately, a big silver wolf got in her way and stopped her.

"Hey, you," Ashley mumbled as she smiled and put one of her hands to the wolf's head, petting it. The wolf lightly grunted. 

Then another low growl came behind them. When they turned back Ashley realized it was Jared.

"Ooh, look who decided to greet me," Ashley chuckled and the wolves made a sound that almost sounded like laughter.

Ashley could feel the looks her family was giving to her, being comfortable around the wolves, joking around with them, but she didn't mind, she knew she was safe.

Then Sam gave a growl and all the wolves looked at him then started walking toward him. Paul looked back and Ashley smiled, "Text me back when you can,"

Bella was sitting on the car, talking to Jasper.

Ashley was with her parents, her father looked like he wanted to say something. "We gotta talk," he breathed out finally. 

"Emmett," Rosalie started but he shook his head. 

"Nope, Rose, I am her father, we need to have a chat," 

It was then that Ashley realized the rest of the family were scattered around, away from them. "Okay, dad, I'm all ears," Ashley sighed. 

Emmett looked at his wife then back to his daughter. "Ashley, you're my baby, and, I, well, uh, I knew that someday I had to share you with someone else. I mean, I knew I was not gonna like who it was going to be, but I did not picture this. Whew, not like this definitely, and I'm your father, which means I've gotta have this position, you know?" 

Ashley furrowed her brows looking at her dad, trying to understand. Then she turned to her mother, who looked like she was trying to hold her laughter in but could explode at any moment. "Uhm, no Dad, I don't think I know," 

Rosalie chuckled, patting on Emmett's shoulder. "Honey, I think what your dad is trying to say is that he's jealous since there's someone else, another guy you love in your life. And he knew that'd happen,  especially him being, uhm, a wolf, and didn't like it but knew it was coming. He says that since he's your dad and all, he feels like he needs to call the shots or at least look influential with Paul, it's his Dad instincts, he can't help it," s

"Ooooh, now I see," Ashley chuckled. " Well, he tried to scare away as many of them as he could but it was bound to happen," she added.

Emmett gasped. "I, I, I did no such thing," he exclaimed.

"You so did Emmett," Esme spoke up, away from them. Emmett furrowed his brows in shock while Rosalie and Ashley smiled. 

"Thanks, grandma,"

Then she turned back to her father. "Dad, I get how you are feeling, I'm sure it's not easy' seeing' me with another male besides you, grandpa, or my uncles but we both know it was about to happen. I'm eighteen, I wasn't going to stay single forever until the males of the family found me a suitable husband, it's not the 19th century anymore," 

Emmett bit his lip. "I know it's not the 19th century anymore, uhm, what I am trying to say is, I'm not comfortable with you and him alone in the bedroom, I think you are way too young to be having---" 

"Dad!"

Rosalie bit her lip, trying to hold her laughter in. "I never thought I'd see the day Emmett giving our daughter 'the talk' this badly," she mumbled. 

Ashley wanted the conversation to be over now.

"I'm not particularly enjoying this either Rose," he sighed. "Okay, you know what? Ashley, I'll try to try to be more okay with you uhm, dating him, but I also want you to be more, ugh, responsible?" 

Ashley nodded. "Sure thing dad, promise, can we stop talking about this please?" she asked. 

Emmett nodded. "Yes, please," 

"Great," she mumbled and turned around, walking toward where Alice, Jasper, and Bella were standing, since they were the ones who were the furthest away from her parents.

"You've kept me waiting long enough," she heard her aunt say, appearing next to Jasper. 

He smirked. "My apologies, ma'am," he replied, "I don't know what I'd become without her," 

Alice shushed him. "You never have to be that again," she softly said and they shared a quick kiss.

Quickly, Ashley realized Jasper had just told Bella about his story, how he became a vampire and how that woman, or a bitch as Ashley would like to think, used him for years. 

"Aww, you guys are so cute," Ashley exclaimed.

The pair quickly broke apart and smiled. "You are the one to talk," Alice shot back with a smirk on her lips. 

Ashley rolled her eyes. "Ha, auntie, you've all witnessed what I've just gone through, please let me be," she pleaded.

The vampires chuckled as Bella eyed them in confusion. 

Jasper shrugged. "It was bound to happen kiddo, he was about to lose his mind last night," he said. 

Ashley breathed out in frustration. "Great," she mumbled.

After the whole training was done everyone went back to the house. Edward was still concerned about Bella's safety, the newborns would be drawn to her scent but she couldn't be at the place, it'd be hard to both keep her safe and kill the army. Carlisle said that he and Jasper would think of something and that he should look after Bella until the day came.

Edward went with Bella to the Swan house and as soon as the rest of the Cullens came home Rosalie and Alice threw out all the males out. 

"What? Why?" Emmett had exclaimed. 

Alice rolled her eyes. "We need some alone time, just as girls, go arm wrestle or something," 

"Alice, honey, why? Wasn't today enough?" Jasper asked. 

Then Esme got involved. "Just for a couple of hours boys, we need to have the house for ourselves for a couple of hours," she sweetly said.

"What if we're tired?" Emmett said. 

Ashley rolled her eyes. "You are vampires, dad, you don't get tired, I'm the only one who can use that excuse, now, skedaddle," she shot back. She didn't know what the others were trying to do but she was sure on their side.

Once the men were fully gone, she was surrounded by her mom, aunt, and grandmother in the living room. "Okay, what's going on? You guys are kind of freaking me out,"

"Come, sit with us," Alice said as she dragged her to the sofas.

"Your father made a good point today," Rosalie started.

Ashley immediately shook her head. "Uhm, no, not going through that again, you know what? I think this nature trip has worn me out quite enough, I'll go take a nap," she said, trying to get up but Alice grabbed her hand and made her sit.

"You can't run anyway from this, plus, I promise we'll be better than Emmett," Alice said. 

Ashley sighed. "Fine," she mumbled. 

All the vampires looked at each other and shared a smile.

"Sweety, as you know, you've grown a lot, you're eighteen now, which means we understand that some things might happen," Esme started. 

"And we know that you are old enough to understand the consequences of it and can handle the responsibilities," Alice added. 

"Plus, we wanted to remind you that just because you're in a relationship or one side wants to go further doesn't mean you have to feel pressured to do so, you can wait until you are ready and there's nothing wrong with it," Rosalie finished.

So, it was the sex talk.

"I know, I know, Mom, Paul is actually very understanding about all of it, he's not pressuring me into anything," 

Rosalie slowly nodded. "That's good to hear, but that wasn't what we actually wanted to talk about baby," 

"You're human,  he's human, part-human, whatever, which means you could get pregnant. You're so young and I think we can all agree on it's a bit early for you. We wanted to tell you about protection, there are a couple of ways, whichever ones you feel more comfortable with, both of you. This is what we meant as responsibilities we know you can handle," Alice said.

"Sex isn't something to be retrained from or afraid of. It's actually one of the most beautiful experiences you can share with a person you love. We're not going to say something like you can have sex only when you're married, you can have it whenever you feel ready to do so," Esme said.

Ashley nodded. She was now more comfortable talking about all of it since her dad wasn't here and also her folks were very understanding and open. She didn't feel embarrassed to talk about it.

"We know that when you are a teenager, well, you're full of hormones and all and sometimes youngsters can do things when they're not ready to, we just want to make sure you are making your choices, and you are doing them for you, not someone else. We want to make sure you're all right. You are now in a relationship which I think we all know is becoming a serious one if it hasn't yet, and we want to walk you through it," Rosalie softly said.

So, for the whole hour, they talked about it. From their experiences to modern-day protection to sex's place in a relationship. When it was done Ashley was glad her family decided to give her the talk, she felt more confident about all of it now, plus it was nice to share all her thoughts about it.

"And, if you have any questions, about anything, you can always ask us," Alice had said, ending the conversation. 

"Will do auntie," Ashley replied before going to her room.

Paul had texted her since she asked him to. They texted for about an hour, both didn't want to talk on the phone since the people around them could hear them. 

They talked about their day, the newborns, Ashley answered some of Paul's and the pack's questions about them and she tried to give an answer to the best of her knowledge.

It had been a weird day.

When Ashley said that to Paul he asked her to explain it and without she could realize she told him about the talk she had with her parents in the woods. He had laughed at first, which made Ashley mad, but then he explained because he said he pictured her having that conversation.

Then Paul assured her again that he was okay with how slow or fast Ashley wanted things to happen and he didn't mind.

They continued talking about other things until the male part of the family came home and her grandpa came to her room to inform her that dinner was ready.

The next day Ashley slept in. She was sleepless for the last couple of days and she wanted to relax for one day before the 'fight' would get to them. Plus, there was nothing she could actually do and she wanted to stay out of everyone's hair to make it easier.

After waking up and having a quick breakfast, she went back to her room and spent all day until noon catching up on her favorite TV shows. She left the room when her parents called her to eat. They said that they wanted to talk to her about something.

"Edward is going to be with Bella during the fight, to protect her if something happens. Jasper and Edward came up with a plan to cover her scent," Rosalie said. 

Ashley nodded, that was good. "That's great, what is it?"

Her parents exchanged a look. "You know how terrible they smell for us," Emmett started and Ashley nodded, "Jacob's going to be the one to bring her to the campsite tomorrow, from the clearing we picked. We think that they'd want to stay away from that smell,"

"Which made us think," Rosalie started, "That place is close to here, and your scent is on us or vice versa. Victoria is unpredictable and you are our main priority, we want you safe," she said. 

Ashley furrowed her brows, she thought she'd stay here while everything went down, waiting anxiously for their return alone.

"If you were to be down at the Reservation, with them, their scent would be enough to cover yours and since they'd be away from that, you'll be safe," she said. 

"Oh," Ashley mumbled, she couldn't believe her parents were willingly letting her go there, that they thought her being there would be the safest for her.

"All of us except Edward are going feeding in a minute, he'll be here with Bella for the night then tomorrow they'll go to the campsite with Jacob. We think it'd be best for you to go over there now, so there'd be more than enough time for your scent to be covered," Emmett explained.

"I hope that would be appropriate? For both you and the wolves," Rosalie asked. 

Ashley bit the insides of her cheek. "Uhm, sure, I guess, let me text Paul," she said cautiously, watching her parents' reaction.

Emmett coughed and Rosalie nodded. "Okay, I'm pulling out my phone, opening chats, start typing, typing, typing, and sent?" Ashley mumbled, still waiting for a rejection or something.

Emmett sighed, "I'm not liking it but it's for your safety so I'll deal with it," 

The answer from Paul came quickly and he told her his father was away on business, as usual, and they could stay over at his house. Ashley finished her dinner and went to her room to prepare a small bag as fast as she could.

Her parents walked her to the garage and to the side of the car Ashley was going to take. "Ashley, uhm, I trust you to be good," Emmett said and she nodded. 

"Remember what we talked about honey, I love you," Rosalie said and hugged her daughter. Then Emmett embraced both of the most important women in his life.

"I love you guys so much, please be careful, I don't want you to get hurt," Ashley murmured. 

Rosalie kissed the top of her head. "Don't worry baby, we'll be fine,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 900 32
Eilijah is Carlisle's daughter from before he was turned. She went looking and got bitten too. She's been looking for him for years, what happens whe...
118K 2.6K 33
Charlotte's peculiar nature often keeps others at bay, resulting in few friendships. Orphaned at a young age, she was taken in by her grandmother, he...
380K 11.3K 107
Bella Swan and her adopted sister Y/n Swan, move to forks, so their mother can be happy with her husband. How will this change their lifes and what w...
91.6K 2K 26
Brinley Holt just moves to Forks, Washington to help her parents out since they decided to move up here. Mom works in Port Angeles, and dad works at...