The Definition Of A Princess(...

By mary4561

A Whattpad recommended book Debbie Morgan-Jensen is told she's a princess in an unideal setting. As well as d... More

Come Again
Why?
A New Way
Uncomfortable Truths
I Need To Be Able To Trust You
Knowing Your Place
Party
Reality
Hostile
The Interview
The Engagement
First State Visit
First Tour
Family
Changes
Caution
Antonio
Love And Hate
Love
Update
Importance
Loved
England
Mother
Married
Good News
Betrayal
The Apology
The Talk
The Summons
Moving On
New Normal
Strength
Friends
New Beginings
New Chapter
Birthday Surprise
Victoria's Story
The Future
William's Story
Teaser
Prince Johan

Goodbye

99 11 1
By mary4561

Dedicated to @friskriel thank you for the support it's much appreciated

"Its okay to be scared. Being scared means you're about to do something really, really brave".
-Unknown

Debbie arrives at the London eye and waits her turn. As she sits in the capsule she looks over her city for the last time. She didn't really have anyone she would miss. Yes she had work colleagues but only one person called her and ask how her operation went.

She was driven to Harrod's Department Store after going to the London Eye. She was looking around the storec when Thomas comes up to her.

"There's a room ready for you, Your Highness. You just need to tell the sales assistant the types of clothes you're looking for and someone will get a selection of them for you".

"Ok but I'm having food from the seafood restaurant".

Debbie follows Thomas into an elevator where she's taken to what could be considered an apartment. Thomas walks in the room with her and Oliver. Her other bodyguards stayed outside the door.

She's asked if she wants anything to drink, "Tea please with some scones".

Debbie tells the assistant manager the type of clothes she likes and her size. After a while a model her height and size walks into the room and curtsy to her. Clothes is bought in and the model starts trying on the clothes. As Debbie watches her she gets an idea of what she would like to purchase.

Two hours later she was eating a lobster pasta dish from the seafood restaurant. When she finish eating Debbie walks round the food hall knowing she could now afford to buy whatever she wanted. Debbie didn't get a lot of people coming up to her which she was grateful for.

She leaves the store by a private entrance and head straight into the Range Rover waiting by the door. She ask the driver to stop at a bookstore.  She still had one more test to take to complete her level 4 in Accounting.  It was going to be done online at an approved centre in Denmark. 

She bought the book she needed then spotted a gift shop. She walks in and buys some postcards, a mug, a sweater with the Union Jack on it. Along with some other Knick-knacks with reminders of the United Kingdom on it.

When she came out the shop she saw the street sign across the road.  She was on Buckingham Palace road. She look down the street with the knowledge that in a few hours. She will be having tea with the Queen of England on this very road.

Debbie goes into the Apple Store on Oxford Street where she buys herself the latest Iphone and tablet. Since she knew Susan would be visiting her Debbie bought the same phone and tablet for her in a different colour.

She calls her father so he has her new number and ask if he had lunch yet. When he said no she told him she would be bringing lunch.

Debbie walks back into her hotel with the outfit she would meet the queen in draped over her arm. She ask the butler to dry clean it and to please make sure it was ready for six o'clock. She found her father in the living room of their interconnecting suite.

She put a paperbag in front of him, "Fish and chips from the best chippy in London".

Alexsander opens the wrapping paper and the smell of salt, vinegar and chips fills the air. Debbie helps herself to some chips knowing she wouldn't be having decent fish and chips like this for a very long time.

She tells her father about her day and he in turns tells her and how she is expected to behave when she meets the queen. Debbie is also told how to address her.

Soon it was time for them to leave for Buckingham Palace. Debbie notices there was no Range Rover for her and her father to travel in but a sleek limousine with the Danish flag flying instead. As they pull up to Buckingham Palace she sees the tourist outside along with photographers. Who clearly knew she and her father would be there.

As flash bulbs go off around her they drive through the gates. The car stops where two footmen was standing, they each opens the car door for Debbie and her father. The footmen bows as Debbie and her father exited the car, Debbie and her father watches as a well dress gentleman walk out the palace towards them. He greets the Danish Royals then introduces himself as the queen's private secretary and ask them to follow him.

They do and are taken to a massive room where  gold was everywhere from the wallpaper to the furnishings. Debbie get a glimpse of the queen and was immediately star stuck.

Debbie and her father sit where indicated and the queen's secretary leaves them alone. The queen looks at Debbie, "My you're a beauty", Debbie flushes at the praise.

"Thank you, your majesty".

Debbie look at her father unsure what to do next he smiles at her, "Mary and my grandfather are first cousins she's family don't be so afraid".

Debbie was surprise to hear she was related to the queen of England. The queen ask Debbie all about her life and how she's feeling about moving to Denmark.

Debbie answers all her questions truthfully. When the meeting was over she breaths a sigh of relief. She removes the fascinator she was wearing in the car.

She and her father were driven to the airport where a private jet was waiting for them to board. Debbie boarded the plane then realised she didn't have her passport and voiced her concerns. She looked at her father's private secretary who held up her passport.

"Wow this is my life now", she thought to herself.

When they arrive in Denmark they were driven to the palace. Debbie was eager to see every inch of it but was feeling very tired so she ask fo be shown which room was hers.  Her room looked very much like the posh hotel in London in terms of expensive furniture. The room was painted white and she could see gold in the heavy curtains at the window.

She undresses and put on her pyjamas and closes her eyes for a moment. She was woken up by bright sunlight streaming through the room and landing on her face. She opens her eyes to see a woman in her early twenties drawing back the curtains at the window.

"Good morning your Highness I'm Natalie your lady's maid. My job is you I help with your wardrobe, dressing you and doing your hair. I've been trained to do all hair types before you asked especially yours. I travel with you on all your trips as well. Would you like me to run you a bath?"

"Yes please although I need a shower first I hate sitting in my own filth".

Debbie leaves the bed and Natalie comes to her side holding her robe out for her. She walks in it and walk into the bathroom where she uses the toilet, washes her hands then start brushing her teeth.

She opens the bathroom door for Natalie to come in. As Natalie fills the bath Debbie has a shower. " I bought some clothes yesterday they need to be cleaned and iron when they get here. I imagine it will take couple days for them to get here".

"They came with you on the plane ma'am. I'm almost through sorting through them and there are clean clothes in your closet for you to wear in the meantime".

After her shower Debbie sits in the tub till the water goes cold. Thoughts of I'm in a freaking palace because I'm a princess fills her head. She was excited to meet her cousins and uncle and auntie.

When she walk into her bedroom she sees a Dior green dress with red bottoms black heels on the bed. She decides to wear a yellow dress she got from a Next department store in London instead with some sandals. She found on sale for £20 at Debenhams department store.

Natalie comes back into the room, "You didn't like what I chose for you to wear?"

"I did Natalie I can wear that later today. I believe I'm changing three times today".

"You do look lovely if I may say so your highness the yellow really pops against your skin tone".

"Thank you for future reference olive is my favourite colour and I love green. I didn't really get a chance to see this place properly last night why don't you show me around".

Natalie and Debbie walk into a corridor, "Your suite has twenty-five rooms".

Debbie looks shocked at that Natalie notices and explains, "You need at least two to three rooms just for your clothes alone. I've a bedroom on the next floor down which is part of this suite".

"How many floors is there to my suite? Ask Debbie.

"Three in total".

As they walk Natalie points out the rooms which were used as Debbie's staff offices. The bathrooms and kitchen she had two, a private one and one which was used for when dignitaries came by on official visits to see her.

She was shown the rooms to be used for photos for when she had to entertain foreign presidents and royalty.

When the tour was over Debbie found her father in his study. "You're up excellent grab something to eat quick, your grandfather would like to se you as soon as possible".

Debbie decides to eat breakfast in her father's study while he worked and tells her what he is doing. When breakfast was over they took a car to another palace to see her grandfather the king.

When they get to his room Debbie saw a man with blonde hair and blue eyes just like her father. All three of them looked so alike she couldn't get over the resemblance.

Her grandfather dismissed his nurse, "Come closer my dear let me look at you".

She walks closer to her grandfather's bed. "There's no denying you're a Jensen alright".

Debbie laughs nervously and sits on the chair the nurse vacated. "I'm not long for this world before I go. I need to apologise to you for keeping you from your father for all these years".

"Your mother didn't know how to be faithful and back then when I found out about your parents marriage I was angry. I grow up in a place and time where you didn't see a lot of people of colour. My prejudices clouded my judgement about the things I said to your father and your mother of which I'm deeply ashamed. I need you to know your father always wanted you. It was I who convinced your mother and father to let you grow up as a normal girl".

"I schemed first with your mother without your father knowing. Then I worked on your father even when he went back to London and was ready to take you away from your mother. I followed him and let him see you needed her. For that I'm sorry I gather from your father she hasn't really been the best mother figure she could be", Debbie nods in agreement.

"Sometime after your father came back to Denmark without you I saw his pain and realised I was wrong in my prejudices. I regretted what I did and your father rightly hated me for many years. We have found peace with each other and I hope you can forgive me in time. I'm stepping down as king and by the end of this week your father will be king and you will be the new Crown Princess. Any questions you may have I'll be happy to answer after all I too was once the Crown Prince of this country".

Debbie takes in what her grandfather tells her. "Thank you for the apology and the explanation I forgive you. If my father can forgive you then so can I.

Her grandfather begins to cry, "Just know old man I'll be bothering you with a lot of questions about my new role. What's wrong with you anyway you're barely seventy you got a lot of years left in you".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 42 51
Playboy Giovanni Costa meets Faith Thomas and is instantly smitten with her. Unfortunately just as he finds out who she is. He is summoned to Italy...
202K 9.2K 39
Recommended for readers 18+ DARK ROMANCE (BWWM) Book 1-Her Unknown Fate Book 1.5- Her Loyalty Book 2-Her Legacy Book 3-Their Empire ‼️MATURE CONTENT...
38.3K 1.9K 66
The Girl with a hope to conquer the freedom she has always desired of is set on a journey to achieve her goals. She lost herself, her hobbies, her em...
Crownless By SAMA

Teen Fiction

4.8K 439 49
When the king and Queen are lost on who they should crown the new queen of Avelyn, they come up with a simple task. They send the three princesses to...