17 Again

By Pinkbudd

Henry's life went completely downhill because of his naive choices in life. Charlotte wants a divorce and ful... More

Pilot
*Part 1*
*Part 2*
*Part 3*
*Part 4*
~*Part 5*~
*Part 6*
*Part 7*
*Part 8*
*Part 9*
~*Part 10*~
*Part 11*
*Part 12*
*Part 13*
*Part 14*
~*Part 15*~
*Part 16*
*Part 17*
*Part 18*
~*Part 20*~
*Part 21*
*Part 22*
*Part 23*
*Part 24*
~*Part 25*~

*Part 19*

702 43 100
By Pinkbudd

Charlotte's POV

Waking up I felt a soft, comfy bit of fabric resting on the left side of my face. Squishing and smooching my cheek gently. A light bid of pressure plastered on the top of my head stroking my hair lightly, and carefully. As I fluttered my eyes open, now being revealed to the sudden brightness in the room, my eyes shot up as I realized I wasn't in my purple themed bedroom. Instead, I was greeted by a low volumed TV as it was airing a 2000's classic.

As I rubbed my eyes gently, attempting to rub the tiredness off my face, the events of earlier all came back to me in the flash of a second. I wasn't in my living room. I wasn't even in my house. As I reached my arm up to try and remove the object that was keeping me down, I was immediately greeted with a soft warm hand that caused me to place a light smile on my face. I knew who it was, and suddenly as I found out, I wasn't panicking anymore. I felt safe as I payed more attention to his heavy snores. His chest moving up and down slowly and yet repetitively giving me signals that he was very much yet alive.

As I moved out of his strong grip and the blanket was still glued on to me, I yawned and stretched my arms. Letting them separate from my tight sleeping position. As my feet was now touching the floor I felt a soft touch under my foot. Looking down, checking what the mysterious object could be, I lightly smiled as I witnessed instead Henry's sister sound asleep with a pillow and a blanket. Her hair was everywhere as she breathed gently in her slumber.

'Adorable family.'

I thought as I stretched some more. But this time letting my legs set free. It didn't take long as I heard a rough shuffling happening beside me. Turning around, questioning what it might be, I smiled as Henry slowly fluttered his eyes open, now being revealed to those familiar golden eyes I'm use to seeing for the past 2 days. As he turned around lightly, he greeted me with a light smile, I was ready to give him my morning greetings, but he beat me at it as he opened his mouth first.

"Good morning honey, how was your sleep?" He asked in a low tone. His voice was scratchy and deep causing my heart to flutter tenderly, but I didn't answer as I thought threw what he called me. He seemed genuinely clueless at his words as he gently rubbed his eyes, attempting at getting use to the sudden day light.

Honey

A nickname you would usually call your significant other. A name that lets you know you trust them and you're comfortable around them. A sweet topping bees create throwout summer and spring. Using all the pollen and nectar they have harvested, and gathered with their hard work.

"Henry, you just called me-"

"What? I'm not aloud to call you- oh shit." Henry immediately stopped himself as he covered his mouth with his hands. Hiding and trying to stop himself from speaking any further. "Charlotte I am so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"Nah it's fine. I almost tried to kiss you yesterday so honestly this is not such a big deal." I shrugged honestly as he quietly chuckled. Letting his comfortable sound rest and resonate around the air in a comforting manner. Henry got up now letting the couch rise up slowly. He walked towards his kitchen and I didn't hesitate to admire him for a second. His bed hair laying messily across his head, the black sweatshirt with his name engraved on it rested peacefully on his torso, and lastly his hot, but yet cute facial features that any girl could just swoon for all laid perfectly on him. As he made his way towards the kitchen he grabbed something from his pocket that seemed like a picture. He bent his head low, and his eyes slightly widen, as if he saw something that he shouldn't have. His sudden change of emotion worried me. He ran a hand threw his hair, making it all smooth back carefully.

"Henry you okay?" I asked him gently. He immediately shoved the piece of paper back into his sweatshirt, causing it to disappear as he nodded his head. I put on my weakest smile to inform him that I got his unbelievable response.

"Anyways, you want breakfast? I can make some eggs if you want to."  He asked me sweetly. He walked towards the fridge and opened it, digging his hand into the endless number of objects only to reveal a grey egg carton.

"Yeah, sure!" I replied with a smile as he did the same, now exposing his perfectly aligned teeth. As I hoped over the young girl underneath me, my feet now making contact with the bearable temperature of the ground, I smirked gently as I made my way towards the kitchen. I caught Henry on time as he only placed the egg carton on the counter, letting it rest peacefully at its own pace as he placed the frying pan on the stove. Impressed at his organization I walked up to him slowly, not letting him know he was being evaluated on his performance. "Wow, I didn't know you could cook." I asked silently and yet intrigued as he only smirked.

"Not really, but my specialties are eggs, cereal and oatmeal." He replied contently as I only rolled my eyes.

"Wow, you're so talented Mr..?"

"Hart, Mr. Hart." He replied for me as he turned around. He took his hand out for me to shake it firmly. I grinned and copied his actions, I reached my small hands out and molded them into his, shaking it slowly and yet repetitively. His hand was warm and soft against mines, getting me a bit too comfortable in his touch. As I let go, I was immediately welcomed with his light brown eyes, I breathed in gently and adverted my eyes away.

"Well Chef Henry, I have a much better suggestion for our breakfast."

"Oh really? What are you thinking of shorty?" Henry joked causing me to roll my eyes playfully. I bit my bottom lip as I prepared myself to answer his question.

"I may have been thinking of a little panky pancake action." I replied suggestly as he tilted his head slightly. His bed hair following his movements, now hanging to the side.

"You see, the problem here Char is that when I said "special" I ment those are the only things I can cook." Henry chuckled nervously as I shook my head at his obliviousness, and yet, smiling at his adorable ways. Walking towards the kitchen counter I lightly jumped pushing myself even higher, and sat down on its hard surface.

"Well would you be kind enough to tell me where I can grab the pancake ingredients then?" I asked giving him a knowing look. His face instantly formed a state of understanding as his lips were parted in a circular motion, forming the shape of the 15th letter of the alphabet.

"Right there, the second one." I watched as he pointed towards the other side of the colourful kitchen. Scanning his arms and fingers, trying to see which one it was, I sighed happily as I found the correct cabinet. Jumping off the counter, now touching the wooden floor again, I walked to the very needed cabinet and rested my hand on its metal handle. It was very warm, as if someone had recently touched it and opened it up to reveal all its glory inside.

Pulling on the handle, now fully opening it, I bit my bottom lip as I stared at the kitchen's goody holder. Glancing past the 1st and 2nd row I sighed as I couldn't find the ingredients I needed most. As I was  about to loose hope I gazed my eyes even higher. My neck practically all the way up at it's tall height. A light smile crawled its way towards my face as I finally found the white sack of flour and sugar, but I internally groaned as it was most likely impossible for me to grab it without a chair. As I was about to turn around and call Henry, call him so he could help me, I felt a sudden heat brush on my back side, heating me up in a comfortable manner. I watched his long arms rise up to grab the two ingredients and come back down slowly. It felt as if time had slowed down. That everything became in slow motion. Turning around I was immediately welcomed with his sweatshirt. I felt nervous, I felt as if I were gonna be anxious if I gazed up and met his face. But as my face trailed and met his neck, Adam's apple and jawline, my eyes suddenly widen as I was in locked, stuck in his eyes.

I felt my heart starting to race as his gaze adverted from my eyes down to my lips. It stayed like that for a second until his face seemed as if it were coming closer and closer to me. My rapidly beating heart was unstoppable now as his face was barely an inch away from mines. I could feel his hot breath fading on my face, hypnotizing me in his presence. I gulped in lightly as I could barely see the tip of his nose. I felt my eyes close automatically, I knew I totally lost control. Feeling a light pressure rest on the top of my lip, gliding its way down, I knew our destination has arrived. His soft lips glued on to me tightly, not letting go for what seemed like forever.

Henry was kissing me. Henry Hart, was seriously kissing me.

I felt his hands glide up from the counter slowly. Now making its way up to the side of my face, holding it gently in his grasp. I felt my heart thump heavily inside my chest, bursting and burning with emotions. Parting away, now letting go of our throbbing yet, filled mouths, I flinched in fright as Henry and I was greeted by a high pitched screech echoing across the room. As Henry and I turned around to see what it could possibly be, there stood Henry's younger sister with her phone pointing at our faces and a huge toothy grin placed on her face. She only shook her head lightly, not saying a word before she waved and ran up the stairs leaving heavy footsteps to follow from behind.

As a silence penetrated it's way in the room, and I was avoiding eye contact with the boy beside me. I cleared my throat, only to fill up the sound of the invisible crickets. "Well... I guess I should be going home then." I said shyly as Henry only nodded his head in agreement.

"But wait, Char, let me walk you there. I know you only came cause you needed help with the door again." Henry spoke as I only nodded my head slowly, not denying his now slightly regretful words. Putting it in that sense makes everything seem bad. I mean seriously. Couldn't he have said it in a different way?

As we were now outside and the cold autumn's air were hitting the both of our faces, I sighed as no words were spoken between the two of us. Only a deadly silence was penetrated as car's passed by us in a flash. Walking into the driveway, no cars were parked at its usual areas as I knew my mom put it in the garage. Just thinking about her made me gag mentally. Her cheating on dad seems so unreal. They were too happy together and barely never fought. That's why it caught me off gard when they revealed they were getting a divorce. Practically breaking my heart into a billion pieces.

As we made it to my doorstep, once again familiar with it's surroundings. I looked down and placed the metal key in the handle, twisting and turning until I heard the appealing click sound. Moving to the side, now letting Henry take the mane course, I watched as he slammed his body against the door with his left hand still turning the handle endlessly. But as he did those repetitive slamming movements, I realized that an object in his hoodie was starting to fall off. Before I could tell him the news, the door immediately opened causing a light smile to spread across my now cold face. The picture was now on the ground, but as I didn't want the wind to blow it away. I stepped on it with my foot, causing the object to stay in place.

"Well... I guess I'll see you tomorrow at school." Henry smiled awkwardly.

"Actually tomorrow is Sunday but yeah, see you at school." I replied awkwardly as he nodded his head in understanding, before he could leave I quickly bent down and grabbed the slightly damped picture. "Wait Henry, you forgot this-" as I turned it around my eyes widen in shock and I found my eyebrows scrunching together, there held a picture of us two in what seemed like a hospital bed. The picture was lightly faded out but I didn't care as I held a baby in my arms smiling. I seemed older, we both seemed older. As I descended the picture from my eyes and looked back at Henry, his face seemed in shock and yet fright was visible in his eyes. "What the absolute hell Henry?" I barely yelled out as he only kept his nervous gaze on me. Biting his bottom lip as I knew he was at lost for words. "Did you seriously photoshop this? You're such a creep!" Glancing back at the picture I stared at it for a good while, it was too real. No signs of photoshop were evident, so as Henry kept his quiet not uttering one word, I was scared that my thoughts was the truth. "Is this us?" I asked him more calmly. I could only watch as Henry nodded his head in embarrassment.

"Charlotte can I explain-"

"Explain what Henry? That what you did was a serious creepy move? I mean, some girls would be flattered but I barely know you so-"

"I'm from the future, okay!?" Henry yelled taking me at back. His chest was puffing up quickly, his eyes were wide and his mouth was trembling. He seemed in shock as if he couldn't believe the words that came out of his mouth. For a second I couldn't believe him. Seriously a "Time Traveler." But as I thought back, to the moments in class, to the walk at the park, how he greeted me gleefully in his home and lastly how he refused to kiss me at my bad state, it all made sense. He was too mature for his age. I only thought that his parents raised him well at first.

"You really are from the future..." I whispered out in a state of unbelief.

——————————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 4.9K 47
~~~First Book Of Three~~~ Aubree Winters is your normal 14 year old. Except that a month ago her superhero brother died in a collapsed building. Aubr...
196K 5.6K 20
"𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙮..." Henry Hart lands a part-time job as Kid Danger, a sidekick-in-training to super-crimefighter Captain Man. Th...
9.5K 312 11
Henry Hart is struggling to get used to Dystopia. At 19, he has to come to terms with the fact that he's spent his teenage years fighting crime and s...
65.4K 2.1K 20
~ COMPLETED ~ Charlotte starts to date a new boy in her class, and Henry gets over protective. Charlotte ignores it at first, but starts to get mad w...