Raised by the Dementors

By TheNameIsNike375

After the end of the first Wizarding war, Lucius Malfoy did something that the wizarding community will never... More

Prologue
Surprise!
A Family Reunion
Well thanks, mother
Number 12 Grimmauld place
R.A.B
I won't get lost, Right?
I do see stars
I'm sorry, brother
A night to remember
To darkness and magic
Like Brother and Sister
Finding Wind
They never said anything about French
Staying grounded
A/N
announcement?
Socializing is weird

My new reality

3.9K 120 33
By TheNameIsNike375

Y'all know how this goes     I   O W N    N O T H I N G

Gem:

"Blaise"

Nothing

"Blaise"

a soft snore

"BLAISE ZUCCHINI WAKE UP RIGHT NOW"

He bolted up from the floor, hitting my forehead with his as he sat up too fast. His eyes looked tired, his clothes dirty and sweaty, but he had his customary smile on just like the first day I met him. Dumbledore had shown us the Room of Requirements a couple of days before Christmas, all so we could train our powers without being exposed or freezing to death. Since then, people barely saw Blaise anymore, seeing as he spent all of his time here with me, hitting dummies with air and sparring with me, something neither of us was familiar with prior to December. I quickly looked around the room, with marble floors, a wall covered in swords and spears and daggers and other weapons we hadn't really touched, dummies that fixed themselves and fought back, and a muggle "refrigerator" with drinks and some food. Splattered across the floor were blankets, mattresses, chairs, and tables full of books. In other words, it looked like a mess, but it was our mess and we loved it.

"Bloody hell Gem, you didn't have to yell at me like that! I was having the best dream before you rudely interrupted."

I laughed as he mocked being offended, but quickly stood up and started pacing to wake himself up. 

"Anyways, I think we should check out the weapons"

He looked at me as he said it, my confused expression quickly clearing up into a slightly serious one.

"Um, you forget that we are 11-year-olds who have never held a weapon before. And the fact that there are AT LEAST 100 different weapons in this room, so how will we even choose?!"

He chuckled, looking at me with amusement and using some air to push me so I was directly facing the tall wall along with him

"Trust me, alright? Just choose the one that stands out to you the most, the one that calls you"

"And how would YOU know all this, Mr. Zabini? Since when are you a weapons master?"

He looked serious for a moment but shook his head and looked at me again, his eyes in a faraway place.

"I-I don't know, but I feel it's right so let's try at least"

I shrugged, knowing it wouldn't hurt to try, and looked at the wall. There was everything from maces to bows and arrows to throwing knives but nothing really stood out to me. Until I saw it. The sword looked like something out of a medieval Hogwarts portrait, with a thin, long blade that was a dark blue and gold, a sapphire encrusted handle, and a gold arc with intricate designs around it, varying from laurel leaves to Latin words and mysterious crests. I didn't know what went over me, but I walked towards it and grabbed the handle, which felt warm and comfortable despite the hundreds of glowing gems around it. As I lifted it up, I felt graceful, powerful, light, and just good, so I swung it around. The blade itself was really light, occasionally breaking the sound barrier as I cut through the air with it, making me feel a strange sense of comfort.

When I looked over at Blaise, he was holding up what might be the most beautiful bow I've ever seen, made of pure silver and what seemed to be like liquid metal on it, spiraling on it but never leaving its surface. The arrows were similar, with a silver body and sharp, black edges, stunning yet deadly. He then aimed at a dummy on the other side of the room. Bullseye, like he literally hit its eye. He tried it again, but it hit its stomach instead, and the next shot went through the dummy's forehead. I was getting the tiniest bit scared of Blaise, so I took careful steps away from him and walked towards another stack of dummies.

One of them moved, grabbing a metal sword similar to mine from the wall, and got in what I supposed was a fighting stance in front of me. I didn't know what to do, so I mimicked its position, my head up high and my sword on my right-hand trembling slightly. I didn't know what was coming, but the dummy slashed his sword, aiming for my stomach, but I dodged. I was a few steps behind as it kept advancing, first at my legs, then at my hips, then at my head, but I dodged all of the blows, running backward and hitting my back against a corner. As it got nearer, it kicked me in my right knee, making me trip and fall to the ground, my sword still useless in my right hand. 

If the dummy was alive, it would be smiling maliciously as it got near me, his "head" lowering to my level and his own sword pointed at my throat, and out of panic, I did one of the many things Sirius taught me. I punched it, but not with my hand, but the hilt of the sword, in its head. It fell backward, giving me time to stand up and run towards it as it groggily sat up. I don't know what took over me, but I put a foot on top of its stomach, aimed my sword at his chest, and I stabbed it. I closed my eyes as I did this, and only opened them when I had taken it out, cotton still on the blade. 

"Wow" Blaise was staring at me with wide eyes, his bow lowered and his mouth hanging open. 

I was panting as I walked toward him, my sword dragging behind me as I smiled.

"Well, that was... A special experience, to say the least. Nice bow"

"I-, Thanks. You certainly know how to pack a punch... I'll try to remember that before ever getting in your bad side" He chuckled, still a bit shocked from my whole "duel".

We stared at each other for a while, all while his eyes moved around and mine were fixed toward his face, an awkward silence creeping it.

"Anyways, we should head out, it's clear that we've been here for too long. Let's leave these here for next time"

He nodded, sadly letting go of his new weapons before placing them where he had found them, me doing the same with my sword. We silently headed toward the door, but as soon as we opened it, they appeared. They were made of shadows, forming from the dark corners of hallways in the Hogwarts night, coming towards us as we slowly retracted into the room. They had multiple shapes, some resembling humans and wolves and coyotes and bears, and there way too many of them. 9, to be exact. Blaise grabbed my shirt sleeve, pulling me into the ROR and slapping the door closed.

"What do we do, what do we do, what do we DO?!" He breathed quickly pacing and panicking and not stopping. 

Then I realized what they were, where they came from, and what we had to do.

"Blaise STOP IT RIGHT NOW BEFORE I SLAP YOU" He stopped moving, looking at me with terror in his eyes.

"It sent those things. Dark." His eyes widened but swallowed and kept quiet.

"He sent them to get rid of us, he must think we are weak enough"

"AND WE ARE"

"Shut up Zabini! There's a reason we have powers... and weapons"

"Yes we do, BUT WHAT DO WE KNOW ABOUT USING THEM?! WHAT CAN WE DO?!"

I looked at him in the eye "Easy. We fight"

He shook his head furiously "Look if you think I'm going to bloody DIE at 11 years old then you're wrong! Because I won't risk-"

"Well Zabini, as the classic Slytherin that you are, you want to survive more than anything. And the best chance we got right now is to face them, to show that Dark arse we are not just 2 scared kids. And we'll do it together."

"Together" He grabbed his bow and arrows, I grabbed my sword, and together, we opened the door.

As soon as the gap was wide enough, a bear jumped at me, giving me no time to see of Blaise was alright. Its shadow claws were moving wildly at my body, making each blow harder to dodge as I got tired. When it was about to push me down the stairs, I attacked. I slashed my sword into its side, making it tumble, but it stood up, its claws cutting the left side of my face. As I felt the blood flow, I knew I was done with this beast, so I dug into its chest with my sword just like I did with the dummy. The shadows seemed to crawl back into the darkness, but right there, a human shadow attacked me, this time being more coordinated. We attacked each other, the thing with its shadow knife and me with my sword, until I, rather cruelly, slashed its throat. 

But they kept coming, and what appeared to be 10 turned into more and more as the fight progressed, Blaise's arrows flying everywhere and my sword slashing into every shadow I could see. In a second of peace, I thought about what dark could be defeated by, and then it clicked. Light. Wind. its enemies.

"BLAISE! LISTEN TO ME, USE YOUR POWERS TOO, THEY HELP!"

I didn't hear a response, just the sound of very fast wind and the breaking of the sound barrier, which meant he heard. I switched my sword to my left hand, feeling just as comfortable as I did with my right, and attacked. My rays of light were flying everywhere, the pain from using them being replaced by adrenaline as I fought. But then, they all started to retreat, looking at one of the windows. The sun was coming up, it was over. For now. When they all left and light poured into the castle, I dropped to the ground, feeling the pain from injuries and the use of my light kick in as the adrenaline left. 

I weakly stood up, barely walking towards a nearly unconscious Blaise not too far away from me. His hair was a mess, blood ran down his forehead, his clothes were ripped, but he had a smile on his face.

"That... that was awesome" I managed a weak laugh, dragging us both into the ROR, which now had a mini room with beds and medical supplies. 

I applied healing charms on Blaises's bruises and cuts, particularly one on his right cheek, probably made by a knife. I bandaged his head, which was still bleeding, and then gave myself some healing charms and bandages as well. I then thought about clean clothes for us, and sure enough, they appeared in our beds. Blaise went into the main room while I showered and changed, putting on an emerald green fitted coat, black leggings, and a grey t-shirt. 

"You can shower and change now, thanks for letting me do it first" I didn't look at him, slightly ashamed at my selfishness, but what he said surprised me.

"No need, I just did all of that in another bathroom, but you're welcome. It's what a gentleman would do" I laughed with him looking at his MUGGLE jeans and grey sweater with an emerald green scarf.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's how my life went, training, studying, occasionally speaking to Granger, and worrying about Sirius. Nighttime was a nightmare, the shadows would attack us every time they had the chance, making us better at fighting and almost permanently paranoid. But it all changed on my third year. The year my life became interesting again.

HEHE I hope y'all enjoyed my terrible fight scenes and all that and well don't worry the book isn't over I just did an awesome time skip. AAAAnyways BYE BENCHES SEE Y'ALL NEXT TIME

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

697 63 16
COMPLETE OC X HARRY POTTER. Azkaban born and raised, in the courtyard where i spent most of my days. Chilling out maxing relaxing all cool, and playi...
34.2K 725 19
Harry Potter is sentenced to azkaban for a crime he didn't commit.Everyone he thought as his family betray him only one person stand up for him and n...
34.5K 773 64
After Bellatrix Lestrange is sent to Azkaban - her young daughter, Bexley, is kidnapped and raised under a new identity. She is sent to Hogwarts, liv...
333K 8.7K 96
Ebony Jamie Rhea Black, daughter of the infamous mass-murderer Sirius Black attends Hogwarts and becomes friends with three very interesting trouble...