Do opposites really attract?

By Barneybear123

A story which discovers the lives of two individuals, Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy. Poles apart from eac... More

Introduction
Prologue
Character sketch
Chapter 1 - Acheivements and mishaps!
Chapter 2 - First meetings!
Chapter 3 - "Expect the unexpected!"
Chapter 4 - "Goodbye for now!"
Chapter 5 - Forced Meetings!
Chapter 6 - Jab they met, once again!
Chapter 7 - An agreement gone wrong!
Chapter 8 - Confusions cleared!
Chapter 9 - "My date for the night!"
Chapter 10 - "She's already taken!"
Chapter 11 - Dancing away!
Chapter 12 - Late night conversations!
Chapter 13 - Hidden secrets!
Chapted 14 - Letting it all out!
Chapter 15 - New friends!
Chapter 16 - Just friends?
Happy international women's day!!!
Chapter 17 - Match day!
Chapter 18 - Cute conversations!
Chapter 19 - The mystery girl
Chapter 20 - The professional relationship
Chapter 21 - Falling for her!
Chapter 22 - Manik's Princess
Chapter 23 - A new friend!
Chapter 24 - Jealous? No way!
Chapter 26 - Give love a chance
Chapter 27 - The journey
Chapter 28 - A work of fate or something more?
Chapter 29 - Seeking answers!
Chapter 30 - Preparing for Valentine's day!
A thought that's been on my mind!
Chapter 31 - Our first Valentine's day
Chapter 32 - Revealing the past
Chapter 33 - "Give me a chance too"
Chapter 34 - Their special Announcement
Chapter 35 - The perks of dating a cricketer!
Author's Note
Chapter 36 - Not insecure, simply worried!
Your help needed!
Chapter 37 - Curious not Jealous
Chapter 38 - Love like no other
Chapter 39 - They know about us.
Chapter 40 - Back to Bay
Chapter 41 - Is marriage on the cards?
Chapter 42 - Supporting my love

Chapter 25 - The confused souls

3.7K 506 58
By Barneybear123

Manik's P.O.V:

It had been around 10-15 minutes and none of us said a word. We both took in a moment to enjoy each other's company. I enjoyed the quiet but I knew I had to speak to her about what happened earlier.

"You and Hardik are friends now?" I asked softly.

"Yeahhh!" She said as she placed her cup on the table and took a deep sigh. She seemed like she was preparing herself for this conversation.

"Cool! How did it happen?" I asked pretending to not be affected but frankly speaking I was. I mean I'm happy they're friends, but what if they turn into something more than friends. No, he's not her type. Then again, who is her type? She's a confused woman who runs from relationships.

"Oh I told him he was a lovely guy but I just wasn't interested that way. Dude, he asked for my permission before touching me during that dance. How many guys even do that these days? He doesn't have bad intentions. I forwarded a hand of friendship because I found him to be a genuine guy!" She replied honestly but I felt pain listening to her. I do, I ask all the time before touching any woman. Matlab Hardik kaa notice kiya but not mine!

"Nice!" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Sooooo, why the dance with Rose?" She asked. I guess it was now her turn to interrogate.

"Because it was a part of the game!" I replied and honestly, I wasn't lying.

"The game required us to dance with different people. Just dance Manik, not romance!" She said a little loudly.

"You call that romance? Zindagi mai kabhi romance experience bhi kiya hai?" I said with a sarcastic giggle.

"Not funny Manik! You were so close to her, it was not needed!" She said irritatedly as she got out of her seat and started walking around.

"Nandini, why do you care if I dance with Rose or not? Why do you care if I'm close to her?" I said as I got up and held her by her hands to stop her from moving.

"I don't care if you dance with Rose or anybody else but there's a limit. You were getting so close to her, I felt uncomfortable seeing you both!" She said a little softly this time.

"Acha? And why is that?" I asked as I stared into her watery eyes which held mixed emotions.

"Honestly Manik, I don't know. I really don't know. All I know is that it hurt. It hurt to see her so close to you." She said as her tears finally made their way down.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you like that!" I said as I immediately wiped her tears.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm being really petty right now. It shouldn't matter to me what you do with your life. I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm feeling like this. I have no right to behave like this." She said as she pushed herself away from my hold and started pacing up and down again. This girl can not stand still when someone is having a conversation with her.

"You have every right Nandini. You have every right!" I exclaimed.

"Why is that Manik? Why do I have every right?" She questioned as she finally stopped walking around and faced me.

"You know the answer to that Nandini. You know why I felt jealous and uncomfortable seeing you with Hardik. You know why you felt uncomfortable seeing me with Rose, but you are refusing to listen to your heart. Just listen to what your heart wants Nandini, just once." I said softly as I sat down with a deep sigh.

"Think from my heart? Aisa kuch nahi hota Manik. You live in a fantasy world, in the real world you have to think practically. You have to be serious!" She said in disbelief as she too took a seat.

"And what makes you think I'm not serious? I am 100% serious and sure about what I want and what I feel. I don't think I need to remind you how I feel, you already know! So don't you tell me I am not serious. If there is anyone who isn't serious around here, then it's you Nandini! You are not being serious. You're running away from your feelings! You're scared to face the reality!" I said a little irritatedly. How could she tell me I'm not being serious?

"Haan hu mai scared! I am not able to face my feelings. I am struggling Manik and you know why! So if you think I am not serious and I am running away from my feelings, then yes I am! And right now, I can't carry on this conversation so I am going to run away from this too!" She said loudly as she got out of her seat and proceeded to leave.

"You're not going anywhere Nandini!" I said as I held her arm.

"Of course I am! You have no right to stop me from leaving without a reason just like I didn't have the right to feel uncomfortable when you were dancing with Rose without a valid reason too." She said as she removed her hand from my grip.

"I want the right Nandini! I want the right to stop you, I want the right to feel jealous, I want the right to feel protective about you, I want the right to meet you without a reason or call you without a reason, I want the right to call you mine Nandini. You give me that right and I promise you will never regret your decision." I said as I went and stood in front of her and cupped her face. My thumbs wiped her tears.

"Manik, you know I can't give you that right. I can't give that right to anyone!" She said as she too wiped my tears.

"Nandini not every relation suffers the way your parents relation did. You have to let go your fears and learn to take the risk sometimes." I said softly as I placed my head against hers.

"It's not about my parents anymore Manik. It never was! It's about you, its about me, it's about us! We are such different people Manik! You have this sugar coated view of marriage and my view is as bitter as a karela, infact worse!" She said as she moved away from me and threw her hands in disbelief.

"Yai mazaak karnai kaa time hain?" I said irritatedly.

"I'm not joking, it's the truth! We're the complete opposite of each other! We have nothing in common!" She said in an attempt to make me understand but that was not going to happen.

"But surely opposites attract, right?" I asked with eyes full of hope.

"Maybe, maybe not! They can clash too Manik and since we've met, our views have only clashed. Besides, you're this big sports personality who's always in the limelight. Wherever you go, people recognise you! I hate being in the limelight, I prefer to hide in the crowd and being with you will only make me stand out." She explained her worries and I completely understood but that shouldn't stop her from living her life.

"But I'll be there by your side in that crowd! I promise!" I assured her but she paid no heed.

"Manik you don't understand. You know what, I can't do this conversation right now! I need to leave! I have to leave!" She said as she quickly gathered her things and proceeded to leave.

"Fine, leave! Go, I won't stop you!" I said irritatedly.

"I'm going!" She exclaimed.

"Haan toh jao, abhi!" I said a little loudly.

"Jaa rahi hoon! One more thing, please don't ring me. I need some time to get myself together. I promise once I've cleared my mind I'll ring you. But until then don't try to contact me." She requested before she left. So now I can't even ring her. This is beyond ridiculous.

"Paagal ho tum? That's ridiculous! What if it's an emergency?" I questioned.

"Emergency is a different thing!" She stated as she walked away. Her figure soon disappeared and I was left alone. Nandini, why are you so hard to get? You're always on my mind, I can't deal with this.

Narrator's P.O.V:

"I have dated girls in the past but I have never felt this way with them. Your presence makes me feel so good, I always want to be in your company. Ever since you've entered my life, everything has changed and now I can't imagine life without you. Is Virat right? Am I in love? I honestly don't know Nandini, but I do know that you mean everything to me. I want you to sit in the stands and cheer for me in my matches, I want you to calm me down when my monster mode comes on, I want you to be the one I go on beach dates with. In everything I do, I want you to be the one I do it with. In return, I promise to always be by your side too. I promise to calm you down before major surgeries, I promise to eat limited street food on your say, I promise to hold your hand when we're surrounded by the media, I promise to watch Shakespeare in theatres with you even though I find it so boring, I promise to always love you Nandini. Just open up to me once, please!" Manik said as he stared at the direction she had left from. He fell on his knees with a thud and buried his face in his hands. He had finally expressed his feelings to her, he had finally opened up in front of her. For Nandini, well once again she failed to acknowledge her feelings for Manik. He was the first man to make her heart skip a beat, he was the first one whom she shared her worries with, and he was the first one who made her smile so much she forgot what pain was.

Oblivious to Manik, there was a figure watching him, listening to his every word and crying at his confession. It was none other than the girl who stole his heart, his Nandini. As she saw him fall down to his knees and bury his face in his hands, she ran away from there. She couldn't see him like this. She couldn't see him hurt, and being with her would only bring him pain or so she thought. So she decided to stay away from him as much as possible.

A/N: Chapter 25 updated! Hope you all enjoyed it! Do let me know what you thought. 😊❤️ Lots of love xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 1.3K 12
▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️ Nandini Kashyap was a pampered child of a prominent political family in New Delhi. Her life was all about fighting with her cousin and cre...
445K 21.4K 51
☆About Manik Malhothra and Nandini Murthy ☆ How a Man was changed by a beautiful girl .Is their love a True love or just an Attraction? Will they to...
225K 14K 47
What's meant to be will be. Manik Malhotra. Nandini Murthy. Meant to be together? Maybe? Or with someone else? A story that revolves around everyday...
109K 6.4K 25
What happens if you love someone else and are forced to marry someone else? Same happened with Nandini Murthy. The girl who loved her boyfriend, Abh...