My hopes/Taekook fanfic

By worksbyFA

When Jungkook leaves Taehyung to achieve his goals, he leaves more than Taehyung behind. please just check ou... More

Introduction
Beginning
Finding Out
Five years
The Plan
Heartbeat
New Life
Help
Author's note
Bed Arrest
Getting Ready
Babies Or Not
Too Much
Happy?
Life Goes On
Gender reveal
We Meet Again
Lazy
An Old Friend
The Room
We Good?
Fights
It's Jimin...
He's Fine
Wow...
My Twins
Kookie
Yoonmin
Abs
Cereal
Hyung, hearteu.
Um...
Dada?
Advice
Jasmine flowers
DJH
Rebound?
Truth Hurts
My Hopes

Let's meet

10K 261 133
By worksbyFA

Jungkook’s POV

“Jungkook? Oh my god, Jungkook! Hey, I haven’t seen you in forever!” I looked back and studied the person that seemed to know me. My eyes widened as I recognized her. She was Choi Jisu, my childhood friend that later moved from my neighbourhood. We always kept in touch but over time, we lost contact with each other. I rushed to hug her.

“Hey, Jisu! How are you doing?” I said as I released her from my grip and we sat down on a bench nearby. 

“I’ve been great. How are you? Are you and Taehyung, that’s his name, right? Anyways are you guys still going strong?” I sighed and looked away from her.

“His name is Taehyung and we broke up, no, I broke off our relationship four years ago.” 

Her eyes widened. “Oh, I’m sorry for asking then.”

“It’s okay,” I said as I waved dismissively. 

“I’m sorry if this is rude but why did you cut things off?” I did not say anything and she proceeded to say this “I mean you always told me that you’d propose to him the day you get your letter for that science thing, did you ever get in by the way?”

“I did get in”

“Congrats then even though I’m years late. But as I was saying you always said you’d show him your letter with a promise ring that you wanted to later turn into an engagement ring and you just never stopped talking about him. You guys’ relationship was the definition of perfect. You were couple goals and I could not, and still can’t, see any reason for that end well except if he or you did something unforgivable like cheating.” she said. I looked away from her and sighed. 

“It was on me. I mean the entire break up was my fault. I just felt so insecure I guess? I’m not sure if that is the right word. Taehyung is everything you’d want in a partner. He is funny, smart, kind, handsome he is everything and I just felt that I was holding him back by tying him down to my-nothing-self and I felt like he had to look out there and find someone better for him. Someone who could match up to his wonderfulness. So, I thought it’d be easier cutting things off. He could live without me holding him back and I did not have to go all the way to Germany with that terrible feeling of not being good enough.”

“Did Taehyung ever tell you you’re not good enough?” Jisu inquired 

“No, he never said anything close to that.”

“Did you ever talk about this insecurity with Taehyung?”

“No. I felt so scared to do so.”

“Why’s that?”

“I thought that if I brought it up he’d confirm my fears.”

“How did Taehyung feel about the break-up?”

“I have no idea. We did not contact each other after that for a while.”

“Okay then. After the fallout, did you have another relationship?”

“Yes”

“And how did that work out for you”

“He found someone better.”

“How long did you wait before this new relationship?”

“Not long. I rushed into it.”

“Why’s that? Was that your way of getting over Tae?”

“I guess? Messed up isn’t it” I said and let out a dry chuckle. Jisu did not say anything for a while and we both sat in comfortable silence with me lost in my thoughts. 

“Hey Jungkook?” she said after a while. 

“Yes?” I answered.

“How do you feel about him now.” 

“It doesn’t matter if I feel anything for him. He is happy now with someone else now.” I replied as I thought back to how happy and dreamy he looked when he told me he was going out on a date. 

“That doesn’t answer my question kook.”

“At this point, I am just a selfish bastard.” Hoseok was completely right. I was just being selfish. I should not have thought about getting back with Taehyung after seeing him so happy. I should be happy for him. Happy that he’d finally get someone that will hopefully treat him right. Happy that he most likely found someone not as low as me. 

“Why? Because you still like him or because you just don’t want him to date anyone else”

“Both. But like I said, it does not really matter any more.” After a moment of silence, I said, “Enough about me. Let’s talk about you now. How has life treated you these past years?” 

“Very good! I got my degree in psychology and will be starting my masters in the field soon. And I will also be getting married soon which is the very reason why I am here. We both wanted the venue to be here.”

“O my god Jisu! I’m so happy for you!” I said then hugged her. “I wish you all the best.” then I pulled away from her comforting hold. 

“Thank you, hun,” she said then looked at her watch. “Oh no, I have to go now. It was nice to see you again Kook.” She stood up and started to run in the direction she was going. I watched her until she disappeared in the crowd. 

I sighed and took out my phone contemplating if I should or should not send the text that has been on my mind since my talk or more like realising with Hoseok.  

I have been thinking so hard about it and I needed to do this in order for us to get closure. And with that in mind, I hit send. 

Taehyung’s POV

My phone dinged and the screen lit up with a text from someone. I walked to the bedside table and picked it up so I could read the text. 

Can we please meet up? I need to talk to you.

The message was from Jungkook. I sat on my bed and thought of what he could possibly want to say to me. I just hoped it had nothing to do with gaining custody of the kids. I opened the message and replied with when and where. He gave me the time and address and I went to go get dressed.

The kids were out with Jihan for children and potential step-father bonding. His words, not mine. Anyway, he took them out to an amusement park. It took a lot of conviving from me that I was indeed over my ex before he agreed to continue what we had. Hopefully meeting the ex won’t cause any problems.

I got dressed and headed to the place I was to meet up with him since the time he gave me was in thirty minutes. I got to the place and it was a cute cafe. I entered and saw him sitting at a table. 

“Hey,” I said.

“Hey, Tae. Um would you like anything” He said getting up from his seat a bit

“No nothing at all” I replied. He nodded and sat back down. I took my seat opposite him and waited for him to start talking. It took a while but he finally opened his mouth to talk. 

“I’m sorry for calling you out here unplanned I just needed to do this.” What did he need to do? “closure,” he said reading the question I had in mind. 

“Closure? You haven’t come to terms with the end of our relationship yet?” I scoffed out 

“I want to tell you why I broke up with you.” 

“Well get talking.” 

“I was insecure. I felt like you could do so much better than me.”

“I really could have,” I closed my mouth with my mouth when I realised what I said out loud. “I’m sorry that was uncalled for.” 

“It’s okay. Anyways, the reason I abruptly cut off was that I felt like I was holding you back”

“Did I ever, even if it was just for a second, do something or say something that made you feel like you were not enough?”

“No you never did but-”

“Then why did you fucking assume that. Why didn’t you just talk to me about it instead of cutting things off for years and then deciding it is okay for you to walk back into my life when you please. Uh?”

“Look Tae I’m sorry. I just at that time thought it was the best thing to do. I’m sorry for the way I ended it. I’m sorry for leaving you to take care of two kids on your own and I’m just so sorry for the stress I have put you through in the past and the stress I am still putting you through. I did not call you out here to accept me back as your boyfriend. I just wanted you to know the reason.” 

“Well thank you for telling me. And I’d like for both of us to be friends. I mean we have to co-parent two kids so it’d be better if we do that.” I said smiling at him. “Though we did not end up like I would have wanted us to back when I was still in my teen years but I’m happy with how we ended up. I have two wonderful kids from our relationship. I couldn’t ask for more.” You also gave me a chance to be with Jihan, who is just so wonderful. I have no words to describe him. But I don’t say that out as to not hurt him. 

“Friends will be nice Tae. Thank you for that,” he says and then I stand up. He also stands up too and i hug him as a goodbye before I walk out of the cafe. I left that cafe feeling light and like I had finally moved on completely.

Hey, it’s me again. You can be mad at me for the long wait I’m so sorry. 

Happy New year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have just one more chapter to go, what do you think? 

The chapter should be up either this evening or tomorrow. Thank you for your patience. 

I love you all!

What do y'all think about Shadow and Black Swan?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 12.6K 50
In which story kim taehyung, korea top ceo make pregnant his sassy yet innocent secretary jeon jungkook.. Top-taehyung Bottom-kook No cheating Rom...
412K 21.8K 67
When Kim Taehyung, a young Omega, run away from his pack to live in Seoul, he didn't expect to get knocked up during a one night stand and get pregna...
26.2K 642 14
Taehyung's gets pregnant at a young age by Jungkook, but Jungkook doest want the baby. Taehyung decides to run away. will he come back. guys im going...
48.1K 2.8K 23
When a cold and broken CEO starts developing feelings for his childish P.A Top-Taehyung Bottom- Jimin Completed ✅