flower. h.s ✔️

By vanillasoy

// "...Harry? I thought you went home." "Turns out home isn't a place anymore, Flower." // In which a drug d... More

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
forty six.
forty seven.
forty eight.
fifty.
fifty one.
fifty two.
fifty three.
fifty four.
fifty five.
fifty six.
fifty seven.
fifty eight.
fifty nine.
sixty.
sixty one.
sixty two.
sixty three.
sixty four.
sixty five.
sixty six.
sixty seven.
sixty eight.
sixty nine.
seventy.
seventy one.
seventy two.
epilogue.
bloom.

forty nine.

42.6K 1K 2.5K
By vanillasoy

Harry, as usual, was up before me.

In fact, it was him banging about in the bathroom that woke me up, at half past fucking six.

I had laid there for a while, wondering what on earth he got up to in the shower that required him to make so much noise until I accidentally ended up thinking about us in the shower, together.

I figured that was my cue to get up and considering we had to be at the airport by nine, if not earlier, I should probably get up to pack. I really should've done it last night but it turned out that I had fallen asleep when I'd laid down.

I was blaming Harry for being so warm.

Until he'd woken me so we could get food and then we'd spent the rest of the evening eating a lot of it in bed, whilst we talked about everything that wasn't my family, or New York, or the fact I had a bruised cheekbone.

"That's mi-never mind."

I looked up at Harry curiously as I left the bathroom, dressed and ready for an eight hour flight. I raised an eyebrow at him as he pulled our suitcases past me and towards the door before turning back and grabbing me.

I looked at him wide eyed as his eyes dropped down my body before he pressed his lips roughly to mine and I lent up on my toes to get a better taste of him. One of Harry's hand tangled in the back of hair while the other dropped to my waist and pulled me closer into him.

I ran my tongue teasingly along his lip causing Harry to groan before he parted his mouth, his own tongue licking into my mouth before I got a chance to taste him.

"Tha's enough."

Harry pulled back and I pouted, making him roll his eyes, it was never enough.

"We need to leave." Harry pointed out and I sucked my teeth as I gathered up my duffle bag and pulled on Harry's jacket.

"It's only twenty to eight." I muttered as I dug my hands inside the pockets making Harry roll his eyes.

"Don't be a brat, Buttercup."

I flushed at the new name as it slipped from Harry's lips and rolled my lips together. Harry held my hand as we rode down in the lift in silence, ever since the zoo he'd been holding my hand in public a lot more and I was very okay with it.

I hovered by our cases as Harry checked out, my phone buzzing in my jacket pocket and I pulled it out seeing a message from Ollie and I rolled my eyes as I read it. I knew I shouldn't have told him about coming home sooner.

There was a possibility he was angrier with Harry then I was.

I smiled at Harry absentmindedly as the driver put our cases in the boot and we sat in the back of the car, the cold leather seeping through the jumper and jacket I was wearing.

"Did you like New York?" I asked, almost twenty minutes into the journey, aware of Harry's eyes barely straying from me and I almost asked why.

"Was alright." Harry nodded, "Too busy."

"I knew you'd say that." I laughed, sometimes I had to agree. "But how badly do you wish we could be driven around everywhere at home?"

"You do get driven everywhere at home." Harry looked at me pointedly making me flush and roll my eyes. "But I don't, I like driving."

"You do?"

"Yeh', why's that so hard to believe?"

"It's not that, I just didn't expect it. I don't know, I just don't think I've heard anyone say they enjoy it, it seems stressful." I shrugged.

"Seems stressful?" Harry asked with a raised brow and I chewed my lip.

"I can't drive."

"Fuck, seriously?" Harry laughed making me push his arm.

"Be quiet." I muttered, I had a feeling he'd react like that, Ollie had when he found out.

"Could teach yeh'." Harry offered and I balked.

"Knowing how you drive? I'm good thanks."

"Wha's that mean to mean Flower?" Harry narrowed his eyes making me shrug innocently and lean over to press my lips to his.

"Can't kiss me to distract me." Harry mumbled against my lips as he kissed me back and my lips lifted around his, clearly I could.

An awkward cough broke us apart and I flushed as I gave our driver a guilty smile as I realised we were back at the airport. My good mood diminishing somewhat substantially.

"Sorry," I said quietly as I gave him a solid amount of money for the tip. "Thank you."

I trailed behind Harry who was pulling both his and my own suitcase towards the self service check in and I raised an eyebrow as Harry very quickly and easily scanned his passport before holding his hand out for mine and I complied.

The airport was absolutely heaving as I looked around, following Harry absentmindedly as he went to put our bags on the conveyer belt and it hit me that this was it, my time in New York was really over. Harry's hand picked my own up and I gave him a half smiled.

"Hungry?" Harry asked once we were through security, there was something about America that was kind of overboard with their airport security, but I nodded at his question.

"The fuck is sweet cheese?" Harry grunted as we looked at the menu in one of the airport cafés and I laughed.

"I have no idea." I admitted, America was weird.

"Alrigh' know you want?" Harry asked and I nodded following him to the counter, "Can I get two eggs on a bagel with bacon and a double shot espresso."

I side eyed Harry as the girl behind the till nodded and large smile on her face before she looked at me, he had terrible manners.

"Could I have a chocolate croissant, a cinnamon swirl and a chai latte but with soy milk please?" I ordered and the girl nodded. I was aware of Harry looking at me in amusement but I refused to move out the way and I paid for our breakfast before he even had a chance.

"I'll bring it over." The girl smiled and I thanked her before grabbing the table number and looking at Harry expectantly.

"Y'know a cinnamon bun is not a breakfast food, yeh'?" Harry eyed me in amusement once our drinks had arrived and I scoffed at him.

"You know you're supposed to say please when you're ordering, yeah?" I retorted making him narrow his eyes at me.

"Shut up and eat your breakfast Flower."

I rolled my eyes but did as I was told, the two of us settling into a nice silence although Harry kept kicking me under the table for absolutely no reason and I was starting to think he was a child.

My eyes never really strayed far from him as we headed to our gate, aware that every time I slowed my walk down Harry did as well so we were always level with one another and for some reason that I couldn't understand, it made me happy.

In fact Harry made me happy, so fucking happy and I don't even think he knew.

Harry threw himself into an empty seat at the the gate, people already milling about despite it only being quarter past nine and I followed suit, dropping my bag at my feet so I could rest of my legs on it.

There wasn't really anything of importance in there, just some make up, a couple of books, my phone charger and some gifts for Ollie for Christmas which were mainly those cute little tacky tourist gifts like a miniature statue of the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty.

Which I knew he'd love.

I people watched for a while, my eyes following about families and other tourists and a lot of men in suits which only made me think about seeing Harry in a suit and that was a route I could not go down in public.

I glanced at the screen above the gate entrance, my eyes nearing falling out my head as I turned to look at Harry in a panic.

It said Washington DC, not London.

"Um Harry, I think we're at the wrong gate." I nudged him almost urgently making him blink slowly, look at the screen before looking at me and shaking his head.

"No we're not."

I frowned as I looked at the screen again before looking back at Harry.

"Aren't we going home?" I asked stupidly, watching as Harry's lips twitched into a smirk and I felt like I was missing something.

"Can't look at Georgetown university if we're in London."

My hand shot out to grab Harry's arm as my eyes widened and my mouth dropped open, was he being serious?

"Are you joking right now?" I looked at Harry wildly, my heat almost beating out of my chest as he shook his head and smiled at me.

"You can't make a decision on which university if you've only seen one, s'jus' s'not fair."

I squealed as I launched myself at Harry, practically landing in his lap as I hugged him and I didn't even care if other people were looking.

I pressed my lips to Harry's face over and over again as I showered him in thanks and affection and appreciation.

"I can't believe you've done this, Harry I-" I cut myself off quickly from saying something rather stupid but instead just smashed my lips to his making him laugh before he kissed me back.

"Sorry that we left New York earlybut I didn't think you'd want to miss anymore of your actual uni classes and I also didn't really want Jack to know." Harry rubbed his jaw and instead of answering I just kissed him again.

Even though I had said I wasn't mad at him last night for leaving, I still kind of was but now I definitely one hundred percent wasn't. This arguably was the most thoughtful things Harry had ever done and I knew I'd never be able to repay him.

"Thank you." I pecked Harry's lips, "Thank you." Kiss, "Thank you" Kiss.

"Yeh' well," Harry shrugged and I climbed off him, knowing he wouldn't want to know people were looking at us.

"Brian helped but I don't want you kissing him."

I laughed at Harry's statement as I stared at him in amazement.

"You're the fucking best you know that?"

"Yeh' I know Flower." Harry smirked making me laugh again.

"We're only there for one night, and we're actually flying back to London tomorrow afternoon but we have a tour of the University this afternoon at three but until then and after that you can drag me about to see whatever you want."

"You got us a tour?!" I gasped, grabbing at Harry's arm again.

"Yeh' cost a fuckin' fortune too."

"I'll pay you back." I offered quickly just as boarding was announced and Harry stood, pulling me up too.

"Fuck off you will." Harry snorted making me frown although it didn't stay for very long.

I hadn't been this excited in a while.

"I didn't do it so you'd be indebted to me forever, but I mean, you are and I will only accept payment in kisses." Harry winked as we scanned our boarding passes and headed down the tunnel.

"I did it because you deserve to have a choice, it's your life Flower and if you live your life to make others happy then you're going to be fucking miserable."

I swallowed as Harry spoke seriously, arguably the most serious I'd ever heard him and I slipped my hand into his as we walked, I felt like I could cry, he really was the best person in the world and my life.

"And I really don't wanna see you fuckin' miserable."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.5K 2.5K 43
in which, a girl is forced to do illegal actions with a group of unknown guys in order to save her sister.
30 2 8
When Harry and Louis are getting lost in a strange city... [larry stylinson]
485K 10K 93
//MATURE THEMES AND EXPLICIT CONTENT// "Make sure she's okay when I'm gone will you Harry?" It was from that moment I knew I'd do anything I could to...
153K 5K 14
The Sequel to When Hate Turns To Love. Follow Niall and Kaylee's story deeper through all the drama and happiness as they try to have a normal life w...