Hidden Under the Moon [Stiles...

By KarenAKAMint

Book 1 - Seasons 1 and 2 of Teen Wolf All right of Teen wolf belongs to Jeff Davis, but anything revolving ar... More

Season One
Prologue
Body Hunting
The New Girl
The Truth is Out
All for You
Official
Hostage
Werewolf Oven
Hangout
First Date
Mother's Boyfriend
Magic Bullet
Movie Crashers
Man of my Dreams
Mountain Lion
Argent History
It's Her
Blood
Night School Pt. 1
Night School Pt. 2
The Nightmare
Brat Under the Moon
The Beta
The Necklace
My Father
Awful Nightmare
First Fight
Dresses
Bloody Formal
Season Two
Beacon
Stalked by Hunters
Werewolf Ex
Immune
Connection
Scout
The Reptilian
Insane
Kanima
Testing Patients
Jackson
Not Gay
The Lela Name
Future
Restraining Order
Restrained
Arguments & Theories
Life and Death
Connecting the Dots
Be the Spark
Pictures
I'll Show You Fun
Drink of Nightmares
Proof
Fury
Independence Day
Let's Play a Game
Master Plan
Epilogue
Book Two! Soon....
Book 2 is out!
10K Special!

The Barnett History

239 3 0
By KarenAKAMint

Chapter 41

Being back home used to bring joy into my day but now as I park outside my driveway, ready to leave if things go south again, I just didn't feel like home anymore. So much has happened that I can't really see this place as that, a home. Secrets were hidden from me in order to build my life to what it was only to find out that it was all a lie. My father cornered me and tortured me with his past memories. Gerard even paid us an unwelcoming visit. Now, I don't even want to be around my mother because of her ideas on my father who, mind you, attacked me in order to get to Stiles and punish me.

I stayed in my car for a bit, but I knew my mother was looking out her office window, waiting for her to come in. My hands itched to turn the ignition back on and drive back to Stiles and just wait got him there, but something told me he was not going to come back home. With a long sigh, I got out of my car with just my keys and walked up to the front door.

As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by my mother hugging me.

"My Lela..." she spoke into my ear.

My heart skipped a beat at the sound of my middle name. My mother never used the name alone. When she did it was only when she was upset with herself. The first time I heard it was after she caused me to cry in order to get me angry. It was around the time she started to train me for my shift. I was so upset that she had told me something about Lydia, I just cried. My mother was so upset in her own right because of how I became.

"I'm so sorry," she continued.

It took a bit, but I returned her hug as I buried my face into her shoulder.

"I should have told you about everything," she breathed out, "I know you would have gotten through it without a worry."

"Tell me the truth," I spoke into her shoulder, "Did you love him?"

I could feel her smile as she answered, "I did. I loved Peter so much I was willing to marry him, but then the Argents came into town for the first time. As much as I wanted it to work, we knew that it was best to build a hated relationship to keep you safe from them."

"Do you still love him after everything?" I asked.

This time her smile feels as she sighed, "I want to think that it was the alpha trait in him that did what he did, but deep down he was kind to me. Rude, but kind."

"You didn't answer my question, mom," I pulled away from our hug.

She looked into my eyes, "Yes, I would always love your father. I was willing to end my relationship in the hopes he would come back to me. I guess I didn't think he would die for real."

"Or that he would attack his own child," I scoffed, "I get it, but I would never forgive what he did."

"I know," she sighed, "I will never push you on that, I just want you to know that my lies were all done because I thought it would never come to the surface."

"But it did, mom," I told her, getting frustrated with everything, "I get I was a kid, but you have told me that I was smart in how I kept my secret. Why didn't you tell me a few years into the lie? Why after ten years!?"

"I'm sorry," she sighed, "I know that now."

"Is there any more lies?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"No," she shook her head, "Everything I told you is everything, not including my family. That is another thing that we will have to slowly pull back the veil. The Barnett family is a Pandora box that should never open, but after everything, I think it's time I finally tell you everything."

I allowed her to guide me to our living room as we sat beside each other. Once we were comfortable, with me laying my head on her lap as she combed through my hair. It was going to be a long story, but I was more than ready to hear it. I needed to hear it.

"The Barnett family is as old as the Argents. Some say that they might have been the ones to open Argent's eyes to the supernatural," my mother began.

"Wait," I looked up at her, "I thought you told me that they were protectors."

"We were," she smiled, "The Barnetts were a strong family of wealth and influence. Everyone knew about the Barnetts, both the humans and the supernatural. But even that didn't save them from the world trying to break the wheel that they formed over generations. That didn't stop what happened in France. The Barnetts tried to cover Argent's eyes but in doing so, it only caused him to know everything."

"Wait," I shoot up from my spot, "Our families have known each other that long?"

"The Barnetts have webs of connections with every hunter and supernatural group," my mother stated, "I wouldn't be surprised if someone approached you just because of your name."

"That can happen?" I asked, still shocked.

She nodded, "It happened all the time to me. Why wouldn't it happen to you, especially if they find out you are named Lela."

"Well damn..." I sighed laying back down on her lap, "So what happened with the Argents that lead to all of this?"

Gevaundan, France1763

Eleanor Lela Barnett walked up the hiking trail toward the mountain of Auvergne, on her way to see her husband. She made sure to keep her wits about her as she did her journey. The last she needed was to have one of her family member find out about her secret union with the pack Alpha. She knew that wouldn't end well, but she loved the man so greatly that she would rather die than lose the man she had given so much too.

As she got closer to the pack's encampment, she heard a twig snap behind her. She wasn't fast enough as she turned around to see who was around. One moment she was ready to fight and then the next she was lifted off her feet and spun around. Eleanor's defensive reaction calmed down as she let out a soft laugh at the sudden tingle that she received from her lover.

"Eric!" she laughed, "Put me down!"

"No woman of mine will walk," he spoke so fondly, "The ground is not worthy to have you walk among it, my love."

Eleanor laughed as she gave her husband a kiss on his lips, "What would the pack think?"

That killed Eric's good mood as he placed her back on the trail, "I don't understand why I can't tell my pack about us? I am their Alpha, they have to follow my lead!"

"If your pack knows, they will tell my family," she spoke softly, reaching a hand to his cheek, "They would do everything in their power to destroy what we have. I would die if they take me away from you."

"I would never allow that," he closed his eyes nuzzling his face onto her hand.

"I love you," she reached her face to his.

He looked into her eyes, "As do I, my love."

They shared a kiss as they enjoyed the small privacy they were allowed at that moment.

---

On her way home after her long trip to the wolf pack, Eleanor was walking through the streets of Gevaundan on her way home. She was holding a basket with food for her family. Everyone greeted her as she walked the roads, avoiding the few carriages that passed her. As she rounded the street corner toward the church, she bumped into someone.

"My apologies mademoiselle!" the male voice rang out, "Are you alright?"

"Oui," she smiled, making sure everything she was carrying was alright, which they were, "I'm fine. I just didn't see you."

Eleanor finally looked up the older man as he looked down at her with worry. He looked like he had just gotten back from a hunting trip, ready to sell his day's kill. She looked at the deer he had his back. He was strong and fit for his age, she thought.

"I shouldn't keep you from your business," she smiled, "Have a nice day, monsieur."

"What is your name, mademoiselle," the older man called out to her as she began to retreat.

She paused, looking back to the man and offered her a smile, "Eleanor. My name is Eleanor Lela Barnett, monsieur."

She didn't give him time to return his name for her own. She didn't have an interest in the flirting men are used to throwing her way. It always brought a smile to her brothers, as they didn't know about the real reason for her disinterest in men. If they ever find out about her bond with the Alpha, they would go up the trails and show their disapproval.

---

In the next few months, Eleanor crossed paths with the older man many more times. He would always find a new way to catch her attention but Eleanor would always just brush him off. It was starting to turn in to a chase for the older man. Eleanor knew he was enjoying it, but Eleanor was slowly getting angry by it. So much that Eric asked her what was happening and like a loyal wife she was she told him everything. She never expected what Eric did next.

Screams rang through the night sky as people were screaming for help. Other yelled that the devil had sent his monsters to kill them all. That got everyone in the large home of the Barnetts to get them out of bed and out onto the streets. They all looked about the streets and toward the chaos that ran loose on the streets of Gevaundan.

Eleanor instructed her younger sisters to rush toward the church to help those that might have been injured in the attack. She looked toward the males in her family. They all knew what was happening. A supernatural creature was out turning havoc on their peaceful town. They all nodded and split up. Eleanor heading toward the trails. She would need to get Eric's help on this if it turned out to be worse then a simple creature out of control.

As she got closer, she heard a familiar voice along with a familiar growl. She rushed toward the sound and found the last thing she ever thought to find. There in the light of the burning cabin, she found the older man with a wolf-like creature before him. She knew right away who it was, but he was completely different. Almost feral from the werewolf, she fell in love with.

"Eleanor!" she heard the older man call out, "Run!"

She didn't think twice before she looked into Eric's red eyes as he glared over to her, only betrail present in his eyes. She turned on the balls of her feet and ran toward the trials. Eric chased after her. She knew he would. He wanted answers as to what she was even doing at the man's place.

A heavy weight took her down as they rolled a bit before coming to a stop. Eleanor looked up to find the feral version of Eric before her. She tried to stay calm but she knew her heart was giving away her true feelings. She was afraid of what was happening to her love. Eleanor has never heard of what was happening to Eric.

"My love," she spoke shakily, "What has happened to you?"

"Why!" he growled, "He is nowhere near what I am!"

"I am a druid!" she snapped, angry he would think she was betraying him, "It is my job to keep peace between human and supernatural creatures! What were you thinking, coming into the town like this!"

"I needed to show him you are mine and only mine!" he snarled.

"You don't have to show him anything," she spoke calmly now, "I would never betray you!"

"When the day comes I find the truth," he growled, inching his face closer to hers and bearing his canines at her, "I will kill him myself."

With that Eric released Eleanor and ran off toward the pack. Eleanor laid on the trails, trying to hold back the tears that wanted to come up. She never wanted this to happen. She never expected for him to turn this way. So much anger rolled off him that had turned his shape into something so dark and deadly. It terrified her.

---

It has been two years since that night. Eleanor hadn't been able to break through Eric's obsession with ending Argent's life. Yes, she had finally learned his name. She also found out that he was married and had four children. Never did she think she would get close to another man outside her family, but she wanted to keep Eric from hurting them. She just never thought it would only add to what was happening to him.

Eleanor Barnett walked into the room with her siblings. They all looked on edge from the sudden change in the Alpha they have tried to guide. Her brother seemed on edge, like they were afraid, but her sisters were calm and collected. That was the thing. The Barnett women were the sound of wisdom, they were meant to stay calm in these times of disaster.

"What are we to do," Marques Barnett, the eldest of the Barnett asked the group of siblings, "We can't let anyone know about this. When the wolf pack is discovered we will be targeted as well. We will be marked as witches!"

"Keep your voice down, brother!" Erica hissed, "With your loud outburst, we will be discovered before they figure out about the Alpha. Now, calm down!"

"Argent is asking questions," Marques glared at his sister, "If we don't silence him, he will open the world to all of this."

"He won't," Eleanor spoke up.

Eleanor Lela Barnett was the eldest of the women, meaning she was in line to become the head of the family. She was very dedicated to the wolf pack, so much she would do anything to keep those threatening her family. She was married to a member of the pack, to which none of her family knew about. It was frowned upon for a Barnett to marry into the pack they were assigned to protect.

"I will make sure Argent keeps quiet," she looked at all of her seven siblings.

"What do you plan to do?" Natalia Barnett stood up, crossing her arms across her chest.

Eleanor held her head tall as she looked down at her younger sister, "I have my ways. Do not worry about what I plan to do."

"You better not fuck this up, Ellie," Marques hissed, "You are the next in line to take mother's place, do not soil this."

Eleanor didn't look back as she headed to see Argent.

I was still laying my head on my mother's lap as she finished the story she was told about the civil war within the Barnett family. I was at a loss of words as I tried to think about what went through Eleanor's mind when she decided to do what she did. I couldn't blame her to choose love but it was messed up decided to play with men's hearts as a way to clear things up. Then again what would I have done if it was Stiles and me? Would I have reacted the way Eric did with Eleanor?

The thing is, I would. I would have burned the world to crisp if there was someone trying to get between us. But I would have avoided it if he had told me his plan to get the women to leave us alone. In the end, it was a mess. I mean, my mother couldn't even tell my grandparents about her and Peter because of this, but I would allow my children to do as they wish so long as they knew the consequences. Life isn't that easy to decide but it's what I hope happens.

"Was Eleanor the start of the civil war?" I asked her.

She continued to play with my hair as she nodded, "Sadly, she was. Eleanor and Argent met several times before they ever began to show feelings. Eleanor was loyal to her husband, but Argent was so entranced by her even when he had a family."

"What ended up happening to the family?" I asked her.

"Marques was furious," she sighed, "He was the voice for the protectors. The youngest of the girls was actually dating the youngest of Argent's sons. She was the one that started the hunter side in our family."

"Natalia?" I asked, recalling her from the story.

My mother shook her head, "No, her twin, Diana, was the one that ran off with Argent and his family. She was the one that helped them in their mission to rid the world of Werewolves. No one knew, but Diana's secret lover was killed by the Alpha's brother. She hated the pack, but due to her obligation to them, she kept it a secret. She was the one that told Argent about Eleanor's intentions."

"Wait," I sat up, "So it wasn't Eleanor, but Diana? So why does the family blame Eleanor?"

"She was the eldest and the next one in line to be the Druid," my mother took my hand, "She knew better than to do what she did. She was also going against the family for her secret union with the Alpha."

"Did your mom and dad ever know about you and Peter?" I asked.

She sighed, not happy for my use of my father's name, "They weren't happy about it when they found out, but Talia encouraged it. My mother was the one to send me away in order for me to forget about my feelings for your father, but it never worked. I always found my way back to him."

"So what happened to the rest of the family?" I decided to move on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 100 29
This story is about family, friendship, trust, loyalty, how far you will go to protect the people you care about and that family isn't always blood a...
276 22 7
Carmen McCall had never taken interest in whatever idiotic shenanigans her adoptive brother and his best friend got pulled into, until she notices th...
5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...
362K 8.4K 88
Katherine McCall lived a normal life with a somewhat normal brother and a normal crush on best friend Stiles. It was everything she could keep up wit...