Don't Know What To Do

By LILIGGUKS

"Heard you've been doing well without me, huh? Well, aren't you a jerk?" Taehyung and Jennie were forced to... More

000 | Premonition + Playlist
001 | Hi There, Jennie-ssi
002 | Voicemails Over Messages
003 | A Saviour
004 | Escape
006 | Wouldn't Want To Date
007 | New Drinking Buddies
008 | New Year's Eve PT. 1
009 | New Year's Eve PT. 2
010 | Friendship Heartbreaks Over Couple Heartbreaks?
011 | Jisoo's Birthday
012 | That Was Our Spot!
013 | Chosen Because Of Sympathy?
014 | However, An Inadvertent Decision Was Made
015 | The Chaotic Reconciliation
016 | It Was A Moment That He Knew He F***ed Up
017 | Your Eyes, They Never Lie
018 | What A Relief
019 | Not An Easy Situation
020 | I'm Just Hungry
021 | Only Him
022 | Couple Goals, Gucci
023 | I Purple You
024 | Kim Girls + Daegu Boys
025 | Paris
026 | 2018
027 | Back In Paris Yet Again
028 | I Love You
029 | Be There At Nine
030 | A Night Well Spent
031 | Tension

005 | Unnoticed

2.4K 129 79
By LILIGGUKS

E d i t e d .

One month later . . .

- K I M , J N -
f i r s t
p e r s o n .

We are close to becoming jobless, I tell you.

We're rookies, but we aren't as busy as rookies should be. This got me and the girls utterly frustrated, we feel like we're lacking schedules and promotions and stuff.

I even asked Papa YG about when our next comeback is, and he just told me to chill and relax. How can I chill and relax when all of us already wrote a few songs, but he didn't like it?

I've already heard of the tune they're coming up, but I didn't tell the girls yet. I guess it's goodbye to me rapping for now.

But anyway, it's been a month, even though I'm constantly frustrated over us being jobless, Taehyung sunbae was kind enough to comfort me.

The girls and I are here at the living room, watching Netflix from Lisa's account cause she recommends the best movies and series.

Meanwhile, the owner of the account herself isn't present, and is in her room, probably awaiting for a certain call from - ehem, the golden maknae of Bangtan Sonyeondan.

As I was munching on the popcorn Jisoo unnie had made for us, my phone vibrated, and so I decided to quickly check on it.

Taehyung Sunbaenim

VM: We're back in Seoul, Jennie-ssi!

VM: I'm here at the van with Jin hyung.

VM: Wanna meet up later? Or tomorrow?

VM: Not that you're busy, anyway. Hehe.

Oh, this little tease. Our friendship came to the point where we can openly tease each other now. So, I decided to text them.

Taehyung Sunbaenim

Haha, sunbae.

Just wait, okay?

We're going to have a comeback
and loads of promotions that will
awaken your inner blink!

VM: I'll be looking forward to gawk
at you again, Jennie-ssi.

VM: Yah, why aren't you voicemailing
me? Wanna call?

I'm with the girls. Maybe later?

VM: Let's meet up--

Then I heard Jin oppa on the other line.

Taehyung Sunbaenim

VM: You look cute together, Jennie!
Updating each other on where you are,
just date!

VM: *chuckles* Sorry Jennie-ssi, that
was Jin hyung.

No, no, it's okay.

VM: See you later?

See u later

Maybe never.

VM: Yahhh!

Okay, okay. If not, then see
you tomorrow?

VM: See you soon. I'll contact you
again, Jennie-ssi.

"I told you!" I suddenly heard Jisoo unnie's voice, which quickly startled me.

There, I saw that Jisoo unnie and Rosie were attentively looking at me. "Oh my gosh, you're right, unnie. She really was giggling at her phone a moment ago," Rosie covered her mouth. "Unnie, are you in love?"

My eyes widened, but quickly laughed it off. "In love? How silly of you, Rosie. No!"

Jisoo unnie started to arch an eyebrow at me, "See, Pasta? She's lying. That's exactly how I act whenever people ask me if I love Yoongi oppa."

"Oooh, oppa," Rosie wiggled her eyebrows at Jisoo unnie. I internally got relieved that the limelight wasn't on me. "When did you drop the formalities, unnie?"

Jisoo unnie blushed, pouting. "W-well uh . . . he told me to call him oppa and I think there's nothing wrong with it, and I'll just call him that offstage and - wait a minute, you call Jimin, oppa, did you hear me tease you?"

Rosie chuckled at unnie, "Well that's because I became vocal on how I felt about Jimin oppa. I have a crush on him, he has a crush on me, guess it's just normal, don't you think?"

"Aren't you getting bold now, Rosie?" I teased.

She stuck her tongue out at me. "I'm learning to live life. If you like him, just go and tell him. Don't overcomplicate things. Rather than sitting at the corner and holding back, regretting one day that you never told him. If he doesn't like you, then accept it. Again, don't overcomplicate things."

Jisoo unnie and I began to gawk at her. "This is why she's my wifey," I giggled.

"Hold up, Jendeukie," Jisoo unnie looked at me. Oh, no. "Do you think we can easily forget about you? Now, what about you? What do you call each other?"

Jisoo unnie and Rosie began to attentively listen to me, awaiting for me to speak up. "C'mon, tell us, no need to be shy," Rosie said in English.

"Uhm . . . Taehyung sunbae and Jennie-ssi?" I told them. In an instant, they immediately frowned.

"What was that?" Rosie scoffed.

"Are you serious right now?" Jisoo unnie followed.

I nodded, not knowing what was wrong. "Well, yeah?"

"Jimin oppa calls me Pasta, and I call him Mochi. We have given each other nicknames already."

"Yoongi oppa calls me Soo-yah, and I call him Salt--"

"But unnie, Soo-yah is your usual nickname--" Rosie forced a smile at unnie.

Jisoo unnie cut her off though. "Well it's cuter now. Y'all usually call me Jisoo-yah, not Soo-yah. Oh, another thing, he calls me Chu when he thinks I'm cute!"

"Why salt, though?" Rosie giggled.

"Soo-yah and Salt, isn't it adorable?" Jisoo unnie dreamingly said, smiling widely.

They both turned their heads towards me just after. "And you two still didn't drop the formalities? Lame!" Rosie rolled her eyes.

I rolled my eyes at them. "What do you want me to do? Suddenly invent a nickname for us? Tell him that we should drop the formalities?"

Jisoo unnie arched an eyebrow. "Wait, wait, wait. So he was the one who didn't tell you to drop the formalities yet?" she scoffed. "He's so slow!"

"Slow? I don't--" I tried to say.

"Even the arch enemies, Lisa and Jungkook, have nicknames for each other now! Doll and Jerk(ook)!" Rosie exclaimed.

"We're just friends, anyway. We don't have anything special between us, unlike you girls with your crushes--" Damn. Why do they always cut me off?

"It's taking him quite some time to realise his feelings for you, I'm getting worried," Jisoo unnie sighed.

Looking down on the floor, I said, "He will never like me, though."

"You're Jennie freaking Kim, how on Earth is that possible?" Rosie began to ramble. "I cannot believe this, Ruby Jane!" she continued to exclaim in English.

I just sighed at them.

Why do we fall in love with the people we can never have?

>><<

- K I M , T -
f i r s t
p e r s o n .

The boys and I plopped ourselves on their couch, finally arriving back to Seoul after a long month of busy schedules. Well, all except for Jungkook who already stood up, directly heading to his room.

All of our eyes followed him, not being able to speak up.

Somehow, my heart began to clench. I'm not dumb so I wouldn't know how Lisa and Jungkook have been closer over the month. Though it breaks my heart, I just let them.

Jungkook would treat her better than I could, right?

"I guess I'd sound stupid if I ask what he's going to do," Hobi hyung said, leaning on the couch, resting very well.

We nodded, agreeing with him if ever we did the same.

"About you and Jisoo-ssi . . ." Jin hyung started to speak up, nudging Namjoon hyung who's just besides him.

Namjoon hyung sighed in exhaustion, finding it unbelievable that we were actually going to discuss that again.

Yoongi hyung smirked at him, deciding to tease him a bit. "Now, don't just go off and avoid me like that, Namjoon-ah. I didn't intentionally ask for her number. I mean, I'm her bias, what can I do?"

Namjoon hyung face-palmed. "Please stop believing whatever Jin hyung says. I'm telling you guys, Jisoo is a very good friend. That's all."

"Remember that day that I caught you and her together? Ah, I swore that you looked at her very differently that time. Why did you even ask me if I want to come along with your little date?" Jin hyung teased.

The somewhat victim sighed, giving up as he massaged his temples. "Please don't make this awkward for Jisoo and I as it already is."

The rest of us started to look at each other, confused. "Why would it be awkward?" Jimin asked out of curiosity.

"Look, that day when Jisoo and I hung out, that was the day that Yugyeom saw us as well. He might or might not told Jinyoung-ssi about it," Namjoon hyung calmly explained.

I mean, no one can blame Jinyoung hyung. Jisoo looks like a goddess, no wonder he fell for her that quick.

So what if Jinyoung-ssi knows, though?" Yoongi hyung pursed his lips, intrigued by the conversation.

"Jinyoung-ssi likes Jisoo. Yes, Jisoo told me about this. Others might get the wrong idea and actually suspect us of dating, which I don't want to happen anytime soon."

"You don't want to date Jisoo?" Jimin asked.

"No, it's not like--fine. Let me make this clearer," Namjoon hyung grew a bit stressed.

Having a quick idea to ease my boredom, I stood up and stretched my arms. "As much as I would love to listen, Namjoon hyung, I think I need to pester Jungkook now."

"Stop making him jealous," Hobi hyung shook his head at me. "Don't remind him that you're Lisa's bias wrecker, sheesh. He might just remember what Lisa told her about me and glare at me through the whole dinner again."

Yes, Hobi hyung and I found out after eavesdropping Jungkook and Lisa's conversation about two weeks ago--that Hobi hyung's Lisa bias, and I'm here bias wrecker.

Jungkook was close to being exposed of being over-the-top jealous. Well, not close. But very exposed.

"The boy just won't man up, already." I shrugged. Well, I only speak the truth. It's obvious that he likes Lisa, why can't he tell her yet?

This is the least I can do, though. Help them.

"You're quite a tough, cookie, huh? How can you even survive through Jungkook's devious glares?" Hobi hyung asked.

I chuckled, tucking my hands in my pants' pockets. "Hyung, believe me. I haven't even tasted his wrath, yet."

"And you're actually waiting until you do?" Jimin arched an eyebrow.

I shrugged, beaming a bright smile towards them. "I'll pester Jungkook now!" I waved at them before I finally set off to Jungkook's room.

"I can't believe it," Jin hyung gawked. "He's actually attempting suicide. Somebody, stop him!"

>><<

To be honest, I was hella scared of Jungkook whenever he gets jealous. However, I act like it doesn't bother me for the sake of playing cupid (not that I can replace Bambam in terms of becoming Cupid, though).

"Do you . . . have any plans tomorrow?" I overheard Jungkook asked in English through the door (since I was eavesdropping so I can enter at the right moment to pester him).

Somehow, I was proud of him. Wow, he was becoming a man.

"I have plans with Bam. Why? Want me to teach you, already?" I heard Lisa's voice, also speaking in English. Boy, does her voice become deep using that language.

"Well, there's that," Jungkook said. "Remember the bet? I lost, so I get to buy you whatever you want and uh . . . let's w-watch a movie after that? Or, just get something to eat. Maybe just go to the arcade? I-I don't know, whatever you prefer. I mean, if it's alright that is . . ."

He was low-key asking her out, anyone can tell that. What came as a surprise to me was that the golden maknae, who was good at everything, also the dubbed International playboy, can't even properly ask a girl out.

Y'all gotta admit he sounded cute, stuttering and all.

"I'd love to do everything you've mentioned, Kook," Lisa replied. "I'll just tell Bam to meet up some other day, is that cool?"

"C-cool! Yeah, cool," Jungkook stuttered once more.

Awe, the boy's on cloud nine. Guess that's my cue.

"Hi-ya, Kookie!" I barged in his room with no consent, causing Jungkook to jolt up. "Oh, who are you talking to?" I crashed besides him and snatched his phone, feigning innocence.

As expected, it was Lisa.

"Hi Liz!"

"Oh, oppa! Hi!" Lisa enthusiastically waved at me, causing Jungkook to cringe all of the sudden. "You must be exhausted too, please rest along with Jungkook. Have you eaten?"

As always, she was so caring, nice, pretty and adorable.

"No, not yet. I think our hyungs are too lazy to cook so we just ordered something. How are you doing by the way?"

"I've been doing good, oppa. And you? How's all your schedules going?" Lisa politely asked, like a junior to a senior. But I think Jungkook's too irritated to even notice that Lisa was talking to me in a formal demeanor.

I can sense that he was already fuming besides me.

"Hyung, do you mind?" Jungkook grunted, as I expected him to interrupt.

"Oh, forgot that this is your phone." i shrugged, looking back at Lisa. "We'll continue our conversation later. I'll call you, okay?"

Like you'll talk to me casually, anyway. You always talk to me like a senior, even if I insisted to drop the formalities.

Lisa nodded, giving me a thumbs up. "Oh, I need to go. Jisoo unnie says it's time to eat. Bye Jungkook, bye oppa, bye Yuni!"

"Goodb--"

"Babye!" I cut the younger off, and Lisa hung up after that.

I could feel the rising tension as soon as Lisa was gone, and I could tell that Jungkook was already piercing me with his gaze. However, I remained unbothered.

"Don't you find it amusing on how you ask a girl out?" I grinned at him.

"Don't you find it amusing on how you're still alive?" Jungkook deadpan asked me.

Oh, scAry.

"Are you threatening me?" I asked.

"Why? Are you threatened?"

"No," I casually replied.

"Then that's my answer as well," Jungkook replied in a monotone voice. I found him rather scary at that point, i had to admit that.

So these are the effects of hanging out with Yoongi hyung too much lately. I see.

"Since when have you and Lisa been calling each other?"

"About a month or so," I shrugged. "Yeah, something like that."

Jungkook scoffed, poking his cheek with his tongue. He stood up, grabbing Yuni, his stuffed bunny, along with him. "Hey, the food's here," Jimin opened the door and informed us.

Jungkook quickly scooted outside, frowning. Once he left, I began laughing.

"Yah, I overheard that you and Lisa call? Dude, what was that?" Jimin couldn't help but ask me.

I arched an eyebrow. "Do you really think I call Lisa? I call Jennie-ssi, not her."

"Then what did you tell Jung--"

"I lied," I shrugged, standing up.

"And geez, you still use honourifics with Jennie? Seriously?" Jimin shook his head. I pursed his lips, finding nothing wrong with it. "Don't tell me that she still calls you sunbaenim."

I zipped his lips, locking it afterwards. Jimin face-palmed. "Yah, you're so slow!"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Just make a move on her already," Jimin tried to encourage him.

My eyebrows began to knit together, confused by his statement. "Uh, I'm not interested in Jennie-ssi. She's just a good friend of mine," I said in all honesty.

Jimin massaged his temples. "Look at you, trying to get Jungkook to realise his feelings for Lisa but you, yourself can't even realise your own feelings."

"I don't like her."

"Who are you trying to convince here? Me or you?" Jimin quipped, patting my shoulder. "Ya know, Chaeyoung and I already have this mutual understanding because I quickly realised how I felt for her. You might end up as happy as me if you do the same, good luck on that."

"Wait, Chaeyoung-ssi's your girlfriend now?"

"Silly," Jimin chuckled, shaking his head. "Not yet. I mean, we like each other but we're not an item yet. I understand that she has a dating ban, and waiting isn't really a big problem for me, even if it's in three years, I'm still okay with it."

I started to look up to Jimin because of that, he found him rather manly after what he just said. "Do you have to get jealous too before you realise that you like her?" Jimin shook his head, smirking afterwards.

He walked away and left me alone in Jungkook's room, stuck with a puzzled mind.

Why are they all insisting that I like Jennie? I don't. I see her as a friend. I'm sure that she sees me as a friend as well.

Jennie and I are just - unimaginable.

"Sometimes, the pairs that are unimaginable end up being great together."

Wait, what was that? Was that Jennie-ssi's voice--?

Ugh. Stop it, Taehyung-ah. It can't, and it won't. That's for sure.

She came from a wealthy family growing up, while I was this farmer boy. We're different, we would never click. She's too high up for me, a bit out of my league. She should be associated with high-class men, as well.

There's nothing wrong with her . . . she's a full package! She's beautiful, sweet, nice, funny, charming, can sing, dance, rap, she can be sexy and adorable at the same time, she's smart, prim and proper . . .

But the thought of us being together? Highly unimaginable.

So I guess being friends is all we could be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 772 15
β™›Enemies to Lovers Romanceβ™› Jennie Ruby Jane is a pureblooded witch, who's in her fourth year at Hogwarts. A slytherin who is eager to be at the top...
305K 9K 55
"who knew that your current lover that you think is the one really isn't the one?" ever since the DNA era, taehyung's girlfriend irene has been actin...
12.2K 742 14
...Time is taking it's sweet time erasing you...
73.9K 3.7K 38
❝ I just wanted to see the light at the end of the tunnel. ❞ ⌽ in which a homeless boy finds his light ⌽ © allisonscarlette 2017 { kim taehyung and j...