Emperor And I ✔️

By Sunset_vermont

To the country she was born to, she is Princess Le-anne, bastard child of the king. To the empire she is sold... More

♛INTRODUCTION♛
♛Official Trailer♛
Prologue
Spring in Winter
Lady Wei
Broken Promises
The Dragon
Deep Sea Lotus Flower
General And I
Candle Next To The Sun
The Princess Man
Lady Queens
A Different Kind Of General
Me and Yu'er
Bow And Arrow
Man In Black
Bastard And I
The Boat Lord Over General
Disfigured By Beauty
Damsel And I
Dancing Lotus Flower
Not In My Wildest Dreams
Unmasked
Blood For Blood
The Punisher
Entering Hougong
Unrequited Love
Good Morning
Clean My Mess
No Longer The Door Mat
Beloved And I
Unshed Tears
Sword-master And I
You Will Die Anyway
Not A Fairy Tale
I'd Rather Die Than Meet Him
Again In The Forest
Sunshine And I
Must The Dragon Know?
Escape
Unacceptable Advances
We Meet Again
The Grand General And I
Like Her, But Uglier
Grave Consequences
Lucky Within One Moon
Attention Seeker
Jailed Bird
Bai Shen Hong Must Pay
Pot-stone
Fooled Once. Never Twice
The Prisoner And I
The Bee And I
Love Bite
One Night With The Emperor
The Perfect Gentleman
Drinking To Forget
Is She Human?
Sweet Dish Of Vengeance
Muqin And Yu'er
Borrowed Bride-To-Be
One Sided Love
Release This Slave
Day With The Dragon
Sleeping Beauty And I
Selfish To Have Her
Grand General's Empress
Yuwen Hong, She Said?
Li'er, She Said?
Volatile Confessions
And The Rest Was History
New Name. New Beginnings
You And I
Hot Yet Cold
Faking It
Not Just a Slave
Another Side of Him
B-u-t-t-o-c-k!
Woo Me Softly
Woman To Woman
Blood Poison
Eavesdropping
Elder Brother
Crocodile Tears
Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder
Pig Cheeks
No Going Back
Bitter Wine. Bitter Love
Unwanted
In Another Life
Alone In The Cold Palace
Playing The Charade
Emperor And I
♛ ♛ His Majesty And I ♛ ♛
♛Sample Of Original E&I♛

Element Of Surprise

3.9K 211 44
By Sunset_vermont

Chapter 83

Wei Li Lian
YiYuan

Yuwen Hong is the emperor! Luo Meng is Yuwen Hong. My beloved is Yuwen Hong.’

Bù kěnéng.(impossible)

Luo Meng was kind. He was sweet, gentle, caring and sensitive. Luo Meng was nothing like Yuwen Hong. He was respectful. So… how was it her beloved was this beast she was not aware of?

When Yuwen Hong recited the poem, she knew it from there and then that he was the emperor of Nevoria as she had suspected. Mistress Kei had her memorise numerous poems written by the emperor in the hopes that she would understand his mind and know what to expect. What he said when she asked him why he was a person who harbored anger, was an excerpt of one of his many poems.

Yuwen Hong had always been the Grand General to her and overnight he became the emperor, her mark and the target on her mission. In that moment she had to act as if she was one who did not understand the poem though she fully understood what he meant.

'I wake up with the sun up high.' The sun signified the emperor. This meant that overnight he woke up to find himself being the emperor.

'The Dragon has fallen,' meant his father had died.

'Birds chirp everywhere in the sky,' spoke of the chaos that came, then
'Last night blood was a river,' shared about the blood shed that took place in the palace due to his father's death.

His anger was rooted from the massacre that involved his father. She couldn't begin to imagine his hatred toward her country, as they were  responsible for the assassination. When at the Borderlands his only wish toward her was that she wouldn't be from Huticah.

As if that was not enough, he was also suspicious of her identity. How was she to tell him that she was Elora when within her was agony, hatred and anger? The man she hated and blamed to be the cause of her oppressive life was her 'beloved'.

This could serve to explain why he didn't tell her the truth concerning his name back at the Borderlands. Perhaps, he thought she would hate him as the emperor. Which was true.

The following day was a haze. She carried herself best as she could but she was far from the present, her mind being miles away. Luckily for her she served in the garden all day, since they were told that the Grand General was going to rest for the day.

She couldn't figure out what the problem may be till she remembered about her sly move. The previous night, she applied an ointment that would have him swollen for the most part of the day. It was her sweet revenge but all that did not seem to matter anymore.

She was preparing for bed when her door opened then closed as quick as it opened. On her bed was a cast stone, obviously a note from her people. Quickly, she unfolded the paper wrapped around the stone.

‘Code Danger. The emperor wants you dead. Stay away from him for the time being.’

She silently chuckled, aware of her rebellious nurture.

When told to stay away from something, it was the more she desired that something. Danger was thrilling, especially the people that were it―not mentioning a particular someone of course.

When neck to neck with danger, there were two ways one could confront it; run or get burnt. Running was not an option. If she ran where would she go to? Her father would not let her off. If she stayed, she was to survive and live, being empress didn’t matter, she just had to survive primarily.

Fumbling all over, she looked for her make-up utensils. The lightest of make-up―no heavy make-up― was allowed on maids otherwise there would be punishment, however there was no need to abide.

Li Lian came to YiYuan sick, so her accompanying luggage only had basics packed by someone else, without jewelry or make-up. That was not a problem as she had to make-do by smuggling someone's make-up from the other maids.

Li Lian painted her lips rouge red and shades of pink powder on her cheeks. It gave the illusion of blush. She pinned her hair tight with a simple knot so she could easily undo it later on.

Under her packed clothes she took out her handkerchief, sewn in with lotus flowers. It was her favorite, wonderfully made by Nameless. Who knew that she would use it for her greatest exploit? Seducing the emperor.

The royal family had a thing called, evening snacks, and this she would use to slip into Grand General's bed chambers without attracting attention. She knew no person she could  negotiate swapping shifts with to serve on the night duty. Thus Li Lian just pitched up at the kitchen as if she was on duty, hoping they wouldn't suspect her of foul. When the maids lined up with the meal, she shadowed behind at the back, holding a mere dish of water. If asked why she was there, she would just lie by saying she thought she was also on duty. At best she was going to get away with just a kneel-down punishment.

As they walked through the snaking paths towards the Grand General’s bad chamber, she pondered on how she had been a fool. From the beginning Yuwen Hong did mention that he was royalty. He also had many maids by his side―signifying great status. Luo Meng followed him everywhere, and even Court Lady Nam helped with the preparation of his bathing waters.

His mother… her mistress also dropped hints. Maybe it's because Li Lian was sick that she didn't suspect anything when Grand Consort Shu went on and on over how Yuwen Hong’s mother must be beautiful. Grand Consort Shu was a believer, of the religion 'only she has good looks among all women'. There was so much telltale, yet Li Lian missed them.

“Hurry up!” what she assumed to be Court Lady Nam’s voice commanded from the front, “It is late and the Grand General wishes to rest.”

Another thing. Why did they refer to him as the Grand General when he was the emperor?

Normally the security that stood at the entrance of the building would inspect everyone and what they carried to ensure their master's safety, but maybe due to their delay on this particular day, they just breezed in without any inspection.

When they entered the dark corridors, everyone scuffled toward the Grand General’s bed chamber. The chamber was huge, bigger than the opposite room she resided in when sick. It was empty, which meant that they would wait for him to come back from wherever he went.

Li Lian was overwhelmed by the shades of gold all around which was obviously the significance of who Grand General was. Everyone concentrated on their duties, she was doubtful that they noticed her slip behind the draped curtain which concealed an attached room.

This room had his clothes, blankets and random items. The maid who supervised her told her it was storage but she never dared to enter the room until now.

Girding herself against the wooden stand, she jumped on the wall. Li Lian was not fond of heights but if she failed to stick to the roof, she wouldn’t be doing Mistress Kei justice after all the training. With ease, she caught the roof pole and lifted herself so she would lay on top of it. It would be to her dismay if a guard looked up when they came to inspect the room. Grand Consort Shu’s chambers were normally inspected before she slept for spy intrusion, it wouldn’t be a surprise if they did the same for the emperor.

“Greetings Grand General!” The maids all said.

Li Lian's heart skipped a little. 'He is here, now. No second thoughts.'

“This servant made a tonic for Grand General.” Court Lady Nam's voice again.

“I will have that. The rest take it away. I am in no mood for snacking.” His voice was cold, hmm he never spoke to her like that.

Court Lady went on to say, “This servant shall then send in the concubine whose tag got picked.”

The emperor always did tag selection in which he decided which harem woman could serve him for the night. If there was going to be another woman coming in, then Li Lian might as well find another way to leave. She would strive for her mission on another day.

“I want to go through some memorials today. Send her in on another day.”

Relief.

“Your servants wish Grand General a peaceful night.” Li Lian imagined them bowing before him.

The curtain which led to the room Li Lian hid in, slid open and an eunuch popped his head in, looked around and left.

Inspection? Check.

When the fidgeting immersed the bedchamber, Li Lian dropped to the floor as silently as she could. She couldn’t wait to come down after they left, as then Grand General would pick upon her noise against the silent chambers causing him to come investigate her room. If he spotted her first, the element of surprise would be wasted.

Li Lian felt brazen as she stripped herself naked but after so many years wasn’t it this day that she had prepared for?

~Author's Note~

Yesterday was my birthday so I decided to upload one today, for some spoiling :) I thank everyone for your support.

S.V

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 1.5K 50
Mary loved the villain from her favorite comic book series for years but always thought it was nothing more than admiration. It isn't until she lets...
965K 36.1K 39
At twenty, I died as I watched my country burned to ashes. When I opened my eyes, I am sixteen again. The first thing I plan to do is breaking off m...
3K 116 130
Fifteen years ago, Jiang Ning was abandoned by one of the country's wealthiest families, roaming the streets after his mother passed away from an ill...
Tears Of Kai Yuan By Avigayil

Historical Fiction

75.6K 3.1K 35
Location: Ancient China Date: T'ang Dynasty During the most flourishing era in Ancient China, all seemed to be well for the people. The kingdom was g...