Alpha Klayton | ✔️

By sunxmoon__

"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed... More

1 |
2 |
3 |
4 |
5 |
6 |
7 |
8 |
9 |
10 |
11 |
13 |
14 |
15 |
16 |
17 |
18 |
19 |
20 |
21 |
22 |
23 |
24 |
25 |
26 |
27 |
28 |
29 |
30 |
31 |
32 |
33 |
34 |
35 |
36 |
37 |
38 |
39 |
40 |
41 |
42 |
43 |
44 |
45 |
B O O K T W O

12 |

82.5K 3.1K 315
By sunxmoon__

🖤 Please vote and comment 🖤

I'm shaking.

Fear and astonishment fill me to a point where I feel like I'm going to boil over.

I blink several times before I can focus on what is in front of me. The other man is gone, and he seemingly vanished into thin air. I stare at Klayton and instinctively try to take a step backward.
However, my legs seem to be frozen in place. As if my body hasn't been able to process the wild thoughts running through my head.

Holy fuck he's a wolf.

My head is pounding so hard a headache begins to form. Tears threaten to pour down my cheeks as every rule of nature I have known begins to crumble at once.

Klayton is careful not to approach me.

I think he could see the gears turning in my head, and was unsure of what to do next. He almost looked pained as he watches me carefully, aiming to read my racing thoughts.

At this point, I wasn't sure if I should run or stay. I know if I do the former, I will be chased, outran—I'd be asking to be caught.

Wolves love the chase.

I shiver involuntarily.

"I'm not going to hurt you," Klayton's melodic voice even carries the pain he expresses, like just wants me to believe him.

I notice finally that tears have started to dribble down my cheeks. My fingers brush against the warm liquid flowing down my cheeks.

I was petrified but also intrigued at this entire scenario. I feel like I've been living in the dark my entire life; living in a world that is a lie. My mind wanted me to question everything, I wanted to find the flaw so I could prove that this whole thing was a hoax.

"Adira..." Klayton takes a cautious step forward and I hold my ground. I look him right in the eyes, my body fighting the urge to look lower— to submit. I wanted him to think that I was strong, even though it felt like my world was shattering.

His dark eyes were trained on my hazel ones, unwavering. He was trying to figure out what I was feeling. I could feel his penetrating gaze search my entire face for a clue. However, I wasn't ready to let him in yet, and I let my face remain impassive, almost stone cold.

The only indication of emotion being my last falling tear. It seemed like hours before either one of us spoke and I chose my first words very carefully.

"Can I go home please?"

Klayton's eyes turned even darker and for the first time, I didn't find it appealing.

I was downright terrified.

My body allowed me to back away this time. My slight gasp gave away my fright I tried to conceal from him. This quickly registered in his mind and he took a tentative step back. I watched as he raised his arms up in surrender, a defeat, and his muscles rippled during the movement.

It reminded me that I was standing in front of my very naked werewolf professor.

Heat re-entered my cheeks and spread to other areas of my body. My flustered state only intensified as his voice reached my ears.

"Of course you can. I'll take you."

This time I didn't argue. He opened the door of his truck for me, but I refused his hand and hoisted my short frame up into the seat. He grabbed sweatpants out of the backseat and slid them on.

At least I'll be able to focus better now.

As he started the engine, we both sank into our seats. It was obvious that both of us were utterly defeated. Neither of us knew how to approach this situation. The ride was short and quiet.

As he walked me upstairs to my apartment, he seemed to be deep in thought. I was too. My hands shook as I fussed with my keys to my apartment before dropping them on the ground accidentally.

"Shit," I bent down to pick it up, and successfully unlocked my door during my second attempt. As my door was swinging open now, I turned around to face Klayton.

He stood in the door frame, and for the first time I truly appreciated just how large he was; he filled almost the full space. We were so close now our chests were almost touching.

I don't think I could bear for him to kiss me again. I think I would pass out from exhaustion at this point. Yet, when he reached for my face, I didn't shy away. I just didn't have the energy and some part of me still craved his touch, although I didn't want to admit it.

As soon as his palm touched my cheek, he visibly became calmer. His posture relaxed and he let out a breath of air I hasn't noticed he has been holding in. He looked down upon me and closed his eyes. His restraint was evident, he was trying not to push me or make me uncomfortable in anyway.

"Goodnight Adira," he said the words so quietly I thought I had imagined them.

"Goodnight Klayton." I responded before closing the door. Leaving him standing there, I found myself in a familiar position slumped against the door. I stayed there for quite a while, until I heard voices—familiar voices.

I instantly shot up from my position and looked from the peephole.

There stood Lenna and Klayton.

At first an unexplained rage boiled through me. How dare she talk to him! How do they even know each other? How did Klayton know she lived there? I quieted my mind so I could hear what they were saying. In an urgent whisper, I hear Klayton whisper to Lenna. I strain my ears to listen.

"I need you to watch her. I will be back first thing in the morning, but I don't know how well she is coping. She can be so hard to read. Whatever you do, do not tell her you're a werewolf. That would push her over the edge,"

And it did.

I didn't want to hear anymore. I turned my back against the door again but this time I had all the energy in the world.

I was being fueled by pure rage. It felt like at that moment that my whole life had been a lie. I wait until they are both gone before I push a cabinet across the floor; the scraping scratched into my floor. Well, there goes my security deposit.

I secure it against the door. No one would be getting in here tonight.

That's when all hell broke loose.

~

I was on a rampage.

I could barely see my own hand in front of me as I threw objects of all kinds, anything I could get my hands on.

School papers littered my floor. Glass sprayed everywhere, from when I smashed my lamps onto the floor. I even flipped my kitchen table and chucked the chairs across the room. They made holes in the drywall on impact, but I didn't care.

I wanted to break shit.

There was a pounding on my door. I frowned instantly at the intruder.

"Adira, it's Lenna! Open up right now! I will break down this door if you don't!"

Her pounding was insistent for several minutes before she seemed to admit defeat.

Her interruption had made sadness well up inside me. The only person I thought I could trust was lying to me. She knew the whole time, even when I showed her my essay, and she didn't say anything. The events of tonight had brought me to a whole other level of emotion.

I didn't know I was capable of feeling this much; everything was heightened.

My fit ended when I cut my foot on a piece of glass.

"Fuck!" I hissed in pain.

~

I sat in silence on my kitchen floor. I had managed to wrap a bandage around my foot, but it was looking rather mangled.

When I stood up, I almost welcomed the pain. It made me feel alive. The knocks on my door rang again through my now silent apartment.

It was Lenna.

"Adira, please, just tell me if you are okay? What happened?"

Her voice sounded desperate, and I was tempted to answer, but I couldn't give her the satisfaction. She was acting as if she was oblivious to the current situation.

Instead, I curl up on my couch. I hug my knees to my chest, the pressure giving me a little comfort. Sleep soon takes over my completely exhausted body.

I am rudely awakened by the sound of someone slamming their body into my door. My eyes shoot open upon hearing the damning sounds. I could also hear the two people I wanted to see the least, talking for the second time tonight.

I didn't move.

"I could smell the blood, so I thought I should call you."

Klayton grunted in approval at Lenna's confession. I felt the walls of my apartment shake as his body slammed into my door again. I blink every time the body slams into the door. This time the cabinet threatened to tip forward as it rocked from the hit.

"You did the right thing," he finally responded to her. He was panting hard and I almost smiled knowing that my barricade was strong.

Not strong enough.

As Klayton rocked his body into the door one more time, the cabinet came loose and made a deafening sound as it fell forward. I flinched in reaction. The door was shoved open and in he came. He stopped and seemed to take in the room. I'm sure it looked like a murder had taken place. At the sight of my apartment his head frantically turned side to side until his eyes reached my figure. I remained on the couch unsure of how to make my next move.

"Shit Adira, how do you manage to hurt yourself so much?"

I was at first confused until he bent in front of me and gently grabbed my foot. I heard him whisper, "It's like you are self-destructive."

"It's nothing, don't touch me."

I yanked my leg back, but a pain shot through my foot as I did so. I winced involuntarily. I bit my tongue to prevent me from crying out.

I would not look weak in front of him again.

However, my mind had it's own plans as I decided to spit out more.

"Why the fuck do you even care so much?"

I needed to know.

My eyes reached his and I made sure he could see the need on my face. The need to know. The need to understand. The need for him. The last one didn't seem like it was in my control. I always seem to want him; no matter the dangerous circumstances. His eyes reached mine and this time I knew he was going to tell me. I could see the defeat in his eyes.

"Adira. Can you not see that you are my mate?" Klayton draws closer to me. "You are mine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

783K 20.9K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
314K 12.7K 50
After becoming truly omnipotent he lost what was supposed to be his everything. His chosen. His beloved. Call it what you will, he lost a part of his...
1.4M 35.2K 37
*not edited* The prophecy says that every thousand years, Alpha twins would be born. They would share the same mate and share the Alpha power equall...
1.1M 41.4K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...