flower. h.s ✔️

Od vanillasoy

// "...Harry? I thought you went home." "Turns out home isn't a place anymore, Flower." // In which a drug d... Viac

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty six.
forty seven.
forty eight.
forty nine.
fifty.
fifty one.
fifty two.
fifty three.
fifty four.
fifty five.
fifty six.
fifty seven.
fifty eight.
fifty nine.
sixty.
sixty one.
sixty two.
sixty three.
sixty four.
sixty five.
sixty six.
sixty seven.
sixty eight.
sixty nine.
seventy.
seventy one.
seventy two.
epilogue.
bloom.

forty five.

49K 1K 5.5K
Od vanillasoy

say hello to 5.4k words...

--------------

My lips moved against Harry as I dug my hips down and rolled, making Harry's mouth drop away from mine, a moan falling from his lips as I found another spot to reattach my lips, not getting enough of him.

My lips left a trail of red and wet skin along his jaw until I dipped down his neck, intent on leaving a mark so everyone would know that Harry was mine until his hand tangled in the back of my hair and jerked my head away from him and I met his hard gaze through hazy eyes.

I swallowed as Harry stared at me, his eyes mostly trained on mine, with a quick glance at my throat as it contracted. I could barely think but I wasn't complaining as Harry forced my head closer to his again, his lips hard and forceful.

Harry's teeth dug into my bottom lip and he lent back slightly, dragging my lip back with him making me whimper as I tried to get him to kiss me properly again, my hips rolling into his as my hands attempted to pull his top off.

"Aren't you meant to be getting ready?"

Harry's voice was low and rough and whispered against my neck and I whined as I felt his lips move against my skin as he spoke.

"Still got time." I tried to get him to kiss me again only to have his hand tighten at the back of my head and pull me away slightly and I pouted, my eyes blinking open.

"S'half past six." Harry said seriously and I pushed my bottom lip out further. "Stop it."

"Five more minutes...." I pleaded making Harry exhale loudly through his nose.

"Thought you wanted to put mud on your face."

"Huh?" I looked at Harry as if he had three heads before I realised what he was talking about.

"Oh! Clay, a clay mask."

"Like I care." Harry snorted before he removed his hand from my head and I sighed. "Off."

"But I wanna ki-"

"Now Flower."

I pouted but did as I was told, tugging a hand through my hair as I stood, on somewhat shaky legs. I didn't know what Harry's problem was, he never let us go any further than kissing, and I really wanted to carry on.

I ignored Harry's frowning face as I grabbed my toiletries bag from my case and stalked into the bathroom, I really didn't get it.

Did Harry not want to have sex with me?

I shook my head as I pinned my hair back before slapping on some of the mask and I busied myself with pulling out what make up I wanted to wear. I wanted to keep it safe considering I was probably going to be uncomfortable anyway.

Might as well be confident in what I've got on my face.

"Fuck sake."

I looked up as Harry swore, my hands grabbing at the dress bag hanging in the closest and I laid it on my bed, although, my cheeks flushed as I remembered this morning; I guess it was our bed now considering last night.

I had laid awake thinking about it for what felt like hours, especially when Harry started fucking snoring. I'm sure he was exaggerating considering we didn't sleep together very often at home, just whenever something happened.

But did that mean....I didn't want to get my hopes. But they were already up lets be honest.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I hunted for the right pair of shoes.

"V'got a problem."

"What?" I asked, returning to my full height, which was like the same level as Harry's nipples.

I blinked as Harry turned to face me, my face heating as I realised he was in his boxers and I had a clear view of not only his tiger tattoo but...everything else too. I scolded myself internally as I focused on the trousers stuck on his calves.

"My suit doesn't fit." Harry stated and I frowned.

"How can it not fit?" I asked, somewhat stupidly.

"I dunno," Harry huffed as he tried to pull them further up and I watched in horror as the seam split open and I stared at Harry dumbfounded.

"I've had them for years."

"Years?"

"Well yeh'," Harry shrugged as he gave up and attempted to pull them off, "Haven't worn this thing since I was like nineteen."

"Why didn't you mention this before?" I stared at Harry as if he was stupid and honestly, he kind of was.

"Like, when we were at home? Or earlier today? When we had time!"

"Don't fuckin' snap at me like that Flower." Harry's voice was controlled and I stared at him; he sounded exactly like my Father.

It hurt.

Now I wasn't even sure if I wanted to help him or his problem.

"Max." I muttered, grabbing my phone and jabbing his contact and holding it up to my ear as Harry carried on muttering under his breath as he threw himself down in front of the TV.

"Poppy? What's up?"

"Hey, so I have like an emergency." I chewed my lip as I listened to something drop on the other end of the line.

"Are you okay? I'll hurt Harry if he hurt you." Max threatened and I balked.

"No no, I'm fine. Also do not do that. It's not even my emergency but Harry hasn't got a suit for tonight anymore and you both look like a similar size."

"I'll get Javier to bring one over, you're at The Surrey yeah? What room?" Max replied immediately and I had never loved my brother more.

"You're literally a life saver, thank you! It's sixteen oh three. I love you."

I caught Harry's head turning to look at me, his eyes hard as I flushed and looked away from him as Max laughed.

"Yeah whatever, you owe me. I like the dude anyway. See you later Pops."

"Thank you again!" I barely got the words out before the dial tone met my ears and I rolled my eyes.

"Problem's solved."

I called out to Harry before I started to gather my things together properly and headed into the bathroom, first thing was to remove my mask, then shower, then my make up and hair and then hopefully fit into an extremely expensive dress I did not deserve.

Easy.

I looked away from the mirror just a knock sounded throughout the room and I swallowed, if I stared at my reflection any longer I would probably throw up and I didn't really want to do that so instead I grabbed my phone and lipstick and pulled the door open.

"Finally."

I jumped slightly as my Father spoke and I tried not to get annoyed, he literally just got here.

"Sorry, I'm ready."

I forced a smile as I grabbed the small bag and stuffed everything I thought I wanted inside, my own insides churning as I saw Harry standing by the door in Max's suit.

I gasped, my mouth dropping open as I stared at him, momentarily blindsided by the fact that it was Harry in a suit.

Harry in jeans was hot, but Harry in a suit with a tie was something else entirely and I was ready to get on my knees then and there for him.

"Poppy!"

I stared at Harry as I walked past him, deliberately dropping my eyes down his body till I met his eyes, a smirk pulling on his lips as I walked past him, aware of him shutting the door behind us and I smiled at Brian who was waiting in the hallway.

I stood awkwardly alongside my Father with Harry behind me in the lift, and I wished more than anything that my Father wasn't here right now because I really and I mean really wanted to attach my lips to any piece of Harry's skin.

"Is that new?" My Father asked and I blinked stupidly.

I glanced down at the Stella McCartney dress, the black tulle sucked in at my waist and I shook my head.

"No."

My Father simply looked at me and hummed, I mean I'd never worn it before but it wasn't new new.

I always felt bad because I knew Stella and she gave me her clothes and I literally just did nothing with them.

But I liked this one, the embellishments on the straps made me happy, but that might have been because I'm basically a five year old who loves anything shiny.

I looked around in a panic as my Father ushered me into the back of a car, separating me from Harry very easily and I could only watch helplessly as he and Brian got into a car behind us and I turned around once I saw my Father looking at me.

"Where are we going?" I asked quickly, I don't think he paid that much attention to me but just in case he did, I didn't want him to get any ideas.

"The Palace."

The name was familiar and I almost squealed once it clicked and I had to stop myself from screaming in my Father's face. The car slowing down and I glanced over the back to see the black car behind us stopping too.

I flinched slightly as my door was pulled open at the same time as my Fathers and I blinked as Harry stood there staring in at me. I couldn't help myself as I climbed out, I grabbed Harry's collar and pulled him down slightly.

I pressed my lips to his quickly before righting myself and walking round the car towards my waiting Father. I glanced over my shoulder to see Harry smirking and wiping the lipstick off his lip with his thumb and I had to clench my thighs together.

"Is Max going to be here?" I asked causally, receiving a tight nod from my Father.

"Don't fuck this up Poppy. You literally have one job tonight, and that is to look pretty." My Father hissed as I followed him through the courtyard and into the hotel.

My annoyance and confusion at him barely dampened my excitement at being in the hotel Serena Van Der Woodsen lived in! I couldn't believe it, I mean I knew it was a fictional programme but still, Blake Lively had been here.

I didn't know what I expected as the four of us stood in the lift, I didn't know exactly what this was, apart from dinner and I didn't know how many people there were going to be or even who these Rossi people were.

I stumbled in my shoes as we walked into the ballroom, Harry's hands gripping my waist immediately and I flushed as he steadied me.

There were a lot of people, Harry was going to hate this.

My Father immediately left my side and I watched as his arm outstretched and Annabel fit snugly under it as he began to socialise with people and I realised I, for the moment, was off duty.

"Are you okay?" I asked Harry as I turned in his hold causing his hands to slip off my waist and I watched as he raised a brow at me.

"Hm?"

"With this amount of people, I mean. I didn't realise there were going to be so many, its nerve wrecking." I admitted, maybe it wasn't Harry I should worry about. I'd literally never been in a room with this amount of people.

"S'fine Flower. M'fine." Harry repeated what he had told me yesterday and I was seriously starting to wonder if fine really meant fine or if he hated everything and just said it to shut me up.

"Thank God, I've been here for almost two hours, it's a fucking nightmare."

I jumped as Max appeared at my side, his lips turning into a grin as he said hello to Brian before he shoved a glass into my hand and I looked at it curiously.

"Chardonnay, not sure what brand it is but it's not that great." Max shrugged and I rolled my eyes. "You clean up good Pops. And shit, Harry you wear that better than I do."

Harry laughed half heartedly as he and Max did that weird man hug thing and clapped each other on the back and I busied myself with taking a sip.

He was right, it was too acidic.

"So what's the deal with all this then?" I nudged Max, aware of Brain wandering off towards some other guys that looked like security whilst Harry hovered behind me.

"It's a fund raiser for the company, I also think there might be some charity involved I don't really know. I never read the files that were on my desk about it. It basically looks like he's," Max jerked a thumb over his shoulder and I assumed he meant our Father.

"Tryna kiss arse Marco, cause they're a real philanthropic family and business and I think he wants to make them believe we are too."

"Who's Marco?" I asked curiously, feeling Harry shift behind me and Max looked at me before realisation dawned on his face.

"Marco Rossi. He really never tells you anything does he?"

"I'm not involved with the business at all Max, you should know that."

Max hummed just as people started taking their seats and I blinked, looking around stupidly. I guess it was time to sit down. I almost automatically gripped Harry's hand but decided against it, I didn't think he was big on public affection.

He'd barely touched me whilst we were at the Met today.

"Anyway, good to see you again man." Max directed at Harry who nodded before he looked at me and flicked his head.

Was Harry not sitting with us?

I frowned as I glanced at Harry who looked as usual, stoic.

"Are you not sitting with us?" I asked quietly as Max started to make his was forward and Harry shook his head.

"M'not eating."

"Oh."

"Your brother is calling you."

I looked at Harry in a slight panic just as Max backtracked and grabbed my wrist, pulling me away from Harry without a second thought and I could only trail along after him towards the long table at the front.

Our Father was already sat in the middle with Annabel on his left and two empty spaces on his right. I watched as he smiled and nodded at Max before he looked at me, face blank before turning to look at Annabel as she lent into him.

Thankfully Max took the seat closest to him, leaving me to sit on the end of the table feeling anxious under all the eyes pointed our way.

"Who is that?" Max muttered in my ear just as our Father greeted everyone and I glanced over at Annabel, her eyes trained on my Father as he stood in the middle of us.

"Annabel Jones."

"I'll make this quick, I know you all must be starving and waiting to tuck into the tiny plate of food coming your way."

I tried to control my face as the room erupted in polite laughter at my Father's statement.

"Oh he got jokes." Max muttered making me giggle and I tried my best to pass it off as acknowledgment of my Fathers.

"I'd just like to say thank you, for everyone coming out tonight on behalf of the company and for my family, my wonderful girlfriend Annabel, and my son Max and daughter Poppy, it truly means a lot to us that you'd support such a wonderful charity and I know we will all forge a wonderful future together."

I tried not let my emotions show on my face as I watched my Father, I didn't even know what charity we were supposedly here for and I doubted he did either. He'd never been a particularly charitable type.

I guess I just had to pretend we were a happy family, considering Annabel was apparently part of that family now. It was one night, I'm sure I could do it with my eyes closed.

h.

"She's such a natural, you'd never even know she has bad anxiety."

I forced my eyes away from Flower, watching the way her lips lifted in an easy smile as her Father said something and towards Brian who was watching her too.

"What?"

Brian startled and looked at me almost sheepishly and I raised an eyebrow as I crossed my arms, the fuck was he on about?

"Oh sorry Harry, I thought you knew." Brian apologised and I stared at him until he was forced to look away from me.

"Poppy's got quite bad anxiety, she's on medication for it. It developed when she was a teenager, quite young, I think it was probably around the time she was fourteen. It got worse when her Mum died too. But when you watch her do things like this, you'd have no idea."

Flower told me that there were no lasting consequences. She'd never even told me she had anxiety or that she was on pills because of it.

But it wasn't hard to figure out why or how it had suddenly 'developed' when she was fourteen and the just that thought made me want to sink my fist into Oliver Hamwell's face all over again.

"She's a good kid, her Mum would be proud." Brian hummed just as people started to get up from their seats, the room was practically dripping in money.

I could see it hanging around the necks of the women.

Flower was almost one of them, the black dress sitting beautifully on her pale skin, her eyes wide and sightly glossy as she played the dutiful daughter.

And it was times like this I was reminded just how different we were.

And how she was everything I wasn't.

I watched as she was paraded around by Jack for a while, her mouth perma-stretched into a smile but it wasn't like that was much of an act for her.

Flower was always smiling, it was fucking adorable.

I stifled a laugh as I watched her escape towards Max, who, despite my previous my previous doubts, was actually a pretty solid bloke.

Didn't understand how he was friends with Oliver, who was supposed to be here tonight and I hoped Flower knew if I saw him I'd knock him out, again.

"Hi."

I blinked as a very small and very beautiful girl appeared in my eye line and I lifted my lips slightly, I don't think she knew how good she looked.

"Hi yourself."

"Aren't you hungry?" Flower asked, her brows furrowing delicately above her eyes and I shrugged.

"Not particularly."

Lie.

I was fucking starving.

"I am." Flower clicked her tongue making me smirk, "We should get room service later. He wasn't joking when he said it was tiny food. I hate fancy food."

"What was it?" I asked, I wasn't that interested but it had smelt nice earlier.

"White Truffle gnocchi."

I hummed in response, I didn't really know what that meant and besides what was wrong with like a fucking burger or something?

"You look nice."

"Poppy come here!"

I cursed myself for leaving it so long to compliment her as Jack hollered for her at the same time. Flower swallowed as she glanced over her shoulder before giving me a sad smile.

"Sorry, I promise I'll be back soon." Flower promised before she left and I felt like telling her not to make promises she couldn't keep.

I watched silently, aware of Brian returning from wherever he'd gone to stand by me once more. Jack's hand resting on Flower's shoulder and I knew without even being close to them, that she hated it.

I watched as Jack gestured at Flower before gesturing at the two men opposite her, Flower's lips lifting in a polite smile. She was so pretty.

In a split second Jack's cold hard eyes were boring into my own from across the room as Flower shook hands with both the men, her mouth opening in a laugh at whatever the younger said and I felt my gut churn.

Jack wanted me to see, he wanted me to know that I was on the outside, and I always would be.

Flower belonged in this world of dresses, and expensive jewellery and men dressed in suits, and I most certainly didn't.

And I suddenly had a horrible feeling Jack knew.

"So," Brian started at almost the same time as the older man and Jack left Poppy with the younger and I felt like storming over and making her mine in front of everyone.

In front of the prick in a suit making her laugh. She wasn't his to make laugh, or talk to or anything.

But I didn't, because I couldn't.

Everyone here had everything they could ever want and he could give Flower everything she wanted whilst I doubted I could even afford the dress she was wearing.

"How long did it take for you to realise she's an absolute angel and for you to feel bad about being mean to her?"

p.

"That's my idiot brother over there, Donatello."

I smiled as I followed the point of Giovanni's finger towards the other side of the room, the subject of his point talking to my brother.

"Oh he's talking to my idiot brother, Max." I laughed.

"That makes sense. Stupid attracts stupid." Giovanni muttered making me laugh again.

I wasn't sure what I expected from Giovanni Rossi but I didn't think this was it. To be honest I now didn't even know why I was so nervous about meeting him and his Father.

Who, was considerably nicer than my own, but I was trying not to dwell on that.

I knew for certain that I hadn't expected Giovanni to be so good looking. He was tall and lean and had that very classic olive skinned Italian and charmingly attractive thing going on.

I'd still pick Harry any day of the week though. There was never a doubt about that.

Giovanni and his Father, Marco, were nice people and that definitely wasn't what I was expecting.

Instinctively I glanced over towards Harry, despite being in the same room I missed him and I felt like we were worlds apart; my eyebrows immediately frowned as I saw him staring at me with a decidedly unimpressed face.

I sent him a smile and if he realised that it was for him he showed absolutely no indication on his face and I started to worry.

Was something wrong?

Was he okay? I wanted to go over to see him but I also didn't want to rude.

"So Jack mentioned you're going to be studying here in New York next year." Giovanni spoke and I tore my eyes away from Harry.

My eyes slid towards my Father who was stood talking to Marco and a few other people not too far away, his eyes meeting mine in a sharp look and I knew he was listening to our conversation.

"Um, yeah that's the plan." I nodded slowly, I suppose I should give up thinking about Washington.

I do have that meeting on Thursday at Columbia and that basically seals my fate.

"What are you studying?" Giovanni asked and I blinked, he did have a nice accent though.

Who knew Italian and American would sound so good together?

"Law. At Columbia hopefully next year. I'm sorry I think I need to go outside."

I attempted to excuse myself quickly for the conversation, I didn't want to be dramatic but the realisation that I didn't actually have a choice in my future was making me feel sick.

"Are you okay?" Giovanni sounded genuinely concerned as he touched my arm and I forced a weak smile and nodded. "Come, I'lll walk you."

I didn't particularly want company but I definitely didn't want to be rude, especially not in such close proximity to my Father.

I rushed the best I could in my heels out the closest door and out onto the second floor balcony, practically hanging over the side as I gasped for the cold night air.

I was sure I was freaking Giovanni out but I couldn't bring myself to care, I really wanted Harry and he wasn't here.

"Did you know Poppy translates to Papavero in Italian, flower inspired names are not often used there either."

I looked at Giovanni in confusion, a slight tilt to my lips as I calmed myself down. I really needed to get a grip.

"I don't know any Italian."

"I could teach you, Fiore. Perhaps when you're here next year."

I flushed at the offer and suddenly the whole thing made sense to me. My Father telling me to be on my best behaviour, to look pretty.

"Giovanni," I started, licking my lips, "I'm not sure what my Father has said to you but I don't want to be rude or give you the wrong impression. You're a very nice person! But-"

I faltered a bit making Giovanni raise an eyebrow and laugh a little. How would I explain that I wasn't interested in him, the only person I was interested in right now and hopefully for the rest of my life was standing in that room behind us?

"I have no expectations of you Poppy, simply you are the daughter of my Father's prospective business partner, and, if it makes you feel better; I was told to woo you."

My eyes widened as I looked at him, a laugh bubbling out my lips and I quickly tried to cover my mouth with my hand.

"I don't have any fottuta idea what it means to woo someone, purely because I wasn't born in nineteen forty."

I laughed fully at that, making Giovanni laugh and a weight felt like it was lifted from my shoulders.

"That does make me feel better, thank you."

Giovanni smiled gently at me, "Is that brunette man you were talking with before we were introduced the reason?"

I blinked in shock before my cheeks heated and I gave a very shy nod.

"How'd you know?"

"He was looking at you like you were the most priceless diamond in the room."

I flushed at Giovanni's words, I doubted that was true.

I mean it was Harry and sometimes he had the emotional range of a teaspoon.

"What does fottuto mean?" I asked curiously as I rubbed my arms, I was sure I'd butchered the word.

"I'm not sure I should translate in front of such a wonderful young lady." Giovanni teased, a smirk growing on his lips. "But you did say it too, so perhaps you're not as innocent as I think."

My eyes widened at him and at all the possibilities inside my head of what it could mean.

"Little fiore, it means fuck." Giovanni whispered in my ear before he pulled back and I swatted at his chest as I laughed.

"Is that it?" I asked, partially disappointed making Giovanni laugh.

I accepted his arm back into the dinner room once he'd made sure I was okay and I looked around for Harry, unable to spot him in amongst all the people and I pouted. My lips stayed downturned despite Giovanni's best efforts and even when Max and his brother Donatello appeared with more wine I was still sad.

By the time I did manage to find Harry I was a little bit wine drunk and ready to go home, my hands grabbing at his forearms as I told him and Brian, who I'd almost forgotten was here that I wanted nothing more than to leave and eat a massive pizza.

I told Max I was leaving and he said he'd tell our Father, whether or not he actually did was a different story but considering I was walking alongside Harry so closely I had his body heat seeping into my skin, I didn't care.

"I missed you." I said quietly just as the lift dinged and we walked out towards the entrance of the hotel.

"We were in the same room." Harry muttered as he held the door open for me to step out and I immediately shivered.

"I know that," I said quietly, "I just felt very far away. It would have been more fun if you'd been sat at my table."

"I'm sure you had a lot of fun."

I frowned as I slipped into the back seat of the car, it was different from the one I arrived in and I assumed it was the one Harry had been in earlier in the evening.

"What's that meant to mean?" I asked, frowning slightly as I tried to sit as close to Harry as possible which was pretty difficult seeing as he was pressed right up against his door.

"Nothing." Harry shook his head and I swallowed thickly, sitting there silently.

On impulse I pressed my lips to Harry's cheek in an attempt to get him to look at me but it didn't work and I chewed my lip as I tried to press my lips to his instead, that had to work.

"Stop it." Harry muttered.

"I want to kiss you." I pouted and I swore I saw Harry roll his eyes.

"Not now." Harry insisted and I lent back into my seat, my heart stinging.

The two of us were silent for the rest of the journey and in the lift going up sixteen floors to our room, my eyes flicking to him every so often.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I asked quietly as the green light appeared on our door and I trailed inside after him.

"Nothin', m'fine." Harry shook his head, his hands practically ripping the suit jacket off and I tried really hard to not to cry.

"Okay...what do you want to eat?" I asked as I pulled my shoes off before heading towards the desk in the lounge to get the menu, I was hoping they still did food, although it was almost half past twelve.

"Nothing." Harry snapped and I flinched backwards.

"Aren't you hungry? You haven't eaten since lunch time and even then you said it wasn't great. You've got to be hungry." I fussed, confusion filling my body like a fog.

"M'fine Poppy, I said so."

"Can we kiss now?" I asked timidly, the appearance of my name for the first time since being in New York upset me more than it should.

"I don't want to, jus' go to bed. Or get food, do whatever yeh' wanna do."

I quietly put the menu down on my bedside table and started to unpin my hair aware of the tears growing along my lower lash line.

"What's wrong Harry? I can't do anything if I don't know." I tried again, worry filling me completely.

"Nothin', jus' stop asking. M'fine." Harry sighed again and I nodded sadly.

I didn't know what I'd done wrong.

I trailed into the bathroom silently to get undressed and take my make up off, I knew tonight wasn't going to be fun for either of us, although my night had turned out okay.

I just wanted to help and I didn't know what had caused his mood and that meant I couldn't help and I could only hope it wasn't me, that I'd done something unknowingly to upset him this much. I knew it was stupid but ever since we kissed for the first time properly, Harry's not been able to stop kissing me.

And now...

Tears leaked from my eyes half way through taking my mascara off and I dropped the wipe into the sink as I clutched the rim of it, black water dripping off my chin as I tried to cry silently.

I knew nothing good was going to come of hiding in here crying so I finished removing the rest of the make up and quietly went back out.

The sight of Harry in his own bed, back turned towards mine made my heart ache and I walked slowly to my bed, climbing into it and feeling absolutely lost at how big it was without Harry.

"Are you sleeping there tonight?" I asked quietly just as Harry's hand reached up to smack the light switch and the room was plunged into darkness.

"Clearly."

"Will you be alright?" I asked, still staring at the outline of his body in the darkness. "I thought you couldn't sleep very well..."

"I'll be fine."

Fine.

That word again, the one Harry always used whenever he was in an unfamiliar situation and wasn't himself.

Fine, everything was always fine.

"Okay." I whispered, I didn't know what else to say to him, "Goodnight Harry."

Now it was me, unsure if I could sleep without Harry.

----
also shout out to the best fic bitch friend i could ask for, lindsee (insert username here bc i do not know it) love u🥺

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

21.9K 1K 40
In which Harry owes Niall money. ©Copyrights 2015 Smiley_Miley_
1.1M 33.7K 101
Just as things were starting to come together, everything slipped away. A tragic series of events forces Kate to learn her love story backward while...
950 82 27
What happens when a fire destroys a lovely couples home and only one lives...? completed :)
6.4K 484 13
[larry au] "I feel like I'm going to be sick." And that's when everything in his stomach is now on the damp ground, blood red sick dripping through h...