The Definition Of A Princess(...

Von mary4561

A Whattpad recommended book Debbie Morgan-Jensen is told she's a princess in an unideal setting. As well as d... Mehr

Come Again
Why?
Goodbye
Uncomfortable Truths
I Need To Be Able To Trust You
Knowing Your Place
Party
Reality
Hostile
The Interview
The Engagement
First State Visit
First Tour
Family
Changes
Caution
Antonio
Love And Hate
Love
Update
Importance
Loved
England
Mother
Married
Good News
Betrayal
The Apology
The Talk
The Summons
Moving On
New Normal
Strength
Friends
New Beginings
New Chapter
Birthday Surprise
Victoria's Story
The Future
William's Story
Teaser
Prince Johan

A New Way

121 9 2
Von mary4561

"Fear is a reaction courage is a decision"
-Winston Churchill

"I haven't seen or spoken to my mother in over a year I told her about my sickness via text. She never came to visit me in hospital when I had my operation. When we do talk it's like two strangers having a polite conversation".

"Tell me about your Crohn's Disease Debora".  As they eat Debbie tells her father everything from initially feeling sick to her diagnosis and her operation.

"You're very strong and resilient to have gone through that on your own. Why don't you tell me about your best friend you must have one".

Debbie looks sadly at her father, "I don't have any real friends at all. Well I suppose that's good right no one to sell stories to the papers about me".

"Oh Debora", her father said sadly before hugging her as Debbie begins to weep.

"I was a bookworm who got made fun of, not a lot of people wanted to be my friend growing up. There was one girl Susan Adams but she moved to the states years ago. We've become pen pals and write a lot of letters to each other.

"Can she be trusted not to sell those letters?"

"She can be trusted and I'm sure she will have no problem signing a NDA".

"Give me her details and I'll get the palace staff to start the ball rolling on getting the letters you wrote her back. Tell me how long as it been since you've seen her?"

"Three years".

"If she signs the release forms how would you feel about her staying in Denmark for couple weeks".

"I would love to see Susan again dad, this is real right I'm moving to Denmark to learn to be a princess. Can I say no to being a princess and moving to Denmark?"

"Yes you'll always have the right to say no Debora and I will respect your wishes. My brother will become the next heir if you say no".

Debbie could hear the worry in her father's voice as he spoke. She thought about her situation, if she stays in England her life would be the same as it is now. If she moves to Denmark she will have family and perhaps she can make some friends. She would love to go to university as well.  She will will never be lonely again and she will be with her dad something she dreamt of her whole life. Debbie thought about life as a princess she could really use her position to help people like her. Those suffering from a long term illness, isolation and loneliness.

She could help the poor and the marginalised and she didn't have to learn the language which was a bonus. She looks at the worry etched on her father's face and the opportunity in from of her and makes her decision.

"I'll come to Denmark with you and be your Crown Princess".

Alexsander looks visibly relived at his daughter's words.

"Thank you for doing this Debora it means the world to me to be able to see you every day. I've missed so much of your life already which I'm at fault for I know.  When you get to Denmark you're going to learn to be a Crown Princess and I'm going to allow you to study accounting.  My brother has three children one your age, one younger by a year and one older by a year. You will be surrounded by family who will love you. Your apartment in the palace is huge and you will have your own team of staff who will help you. By that I mean arranging your diary etc, you also get to have a lady-in waiting".

"I'm just happy I get to go to university and have family around me at last. Does mum know I'm going to Denmark?"

"I told her when I stopped the money?"

"What did she say?"

"I'm sorry"

"What is she sorry for?"

"I couldn't tell you she literally said I'm sorry", says Alexsander sadly.

"When are we going to Denmark?" Debbie ask her father.

"Tomorrow night there's some things I have to take care of before we leave".

The next day Debbie woke up surrounded by opulence. She was after all staying in the finest hotel in London. When her father showed her to her room the night before her jaw literally dropped. She had never seen a room so stunning with its heavy drapes, designer furniture and a bed that was so soft she felt like she slept on a cloud.

She was still in bed when there was a knock on her bedroom door. She finds a robe provided by the hotel and put it on it was extremely soft like the bedsheets.

"Come in', She shouts.

The butler walks in and bows, "Your Royal Highness your father has ask me to make sure you're awake. Is there anything you would like for breakfast?"

"Eggs, sausage and pancakes with a cup of tea oh and a fried egg as well. Sorry I didn't get your name yesterday".

"It's John ma'am".

"Was there anything else you wish to say to me?"

"No ma'am".

John leaves and Debbie get out of bed and goes through her new wardrobe fill with very expensive clothes. She chose a Chanel olive dress with a sweetheart neckline and a pair of  Black Jimmy Choo heels. She then removes her robe and walk into the shower and as she's soaping herself up it hits her. She's a real life princess and more importantly she get to meet family.  Which means she won't be alone anymore and she get to go to university.

When she finish showering Debbie brushes her teeth and get dress. She walks into the living room just in time to see breakfast being served to her father.

"Morning daddy".

"Morning Debora I trust you slept well".

"I did thank you, what's on the agenda for today?"

"While I'm dealing with some issues you need to go buy yourself some new clothes. Today will be the last day you see London as a tourist and as a civilian. Next time you come here it will be as HRH the Crown Princess Of Denmark make the most of it. Your bodyguards will be with you at all times of course. Later we have an informal meeting with the Queen she would like to meet you before we leave".

Debbies eyes bug out, "The Queen of England?" her father nods.

"Use the money in your bank account and here is a debit and charge card for you to use. You're no longer worrying about money my dear. You're a princess and is expected to show Denmark in a good light and that include your clothes. The media and press pack will no doubt show up. Do your best to try to ignore them and enjoy your last day in London for sometime.

The morning newspapers have stories about you I'm afraid. Sadly since you're friendless there's no scandal. I'm sure people you worked with and went to school with will sell stories. If they mention the bullying that will only endure you to the people.  The palace has released a statement stating you're my daughter and that your mother and I were married when you were born. Your mother is smart enough to know to keep her mouth shut and abide by the NDA she signed years ago. Which I will update and get her to resign".

"Do they know the press I mean about my disease?"

"Not yet but when we return home a press release from the palace will tell them you have Crohn's. We can't hide your condition sweetheart social media has videoes and pictures of you in a hospital clinic for people with bowel issues. You're stable and have no issues so there should be no problem with you taking the crown when the time comes. The best IBD specialist in Denmark will see you when we go home".

"I'm going to buy a new phone today in fact I'm going to get the latest iPhone, since right now I have a very cheap phone. Do you have some newspaper I can have a look at?"

Her father looks uncomfortable, "Let me warn you now some of the headlines are unkind".

When Debbie was handed the papers she looked at the headlines. "Princess Bowel"read one, The Black Princess" read another. "Move over Meghan Markle", read another one.

She read the story it said how Meghan may be celebrated as the first bi-racial Princess in England but someone else born to the title of princess. Who will be queen is historic as she will be the first black queen of a European country.

Some of the other headlines weren't bad at all there was curiosity about her in the newspapers more than anything else. Somehow the press found out she worked as an accounts clerk that reminds me I need to resign though Debbie. They praised her for being clever and a picture of what she was wearing the day before accompanied the article and her outfits were priced. The writer of the piece praised her for wearing supermarket clothes. As it shows she understood what it was like to be poor.

When breakfast was over Debbie applied some light makeup to her face then look at herself in the mirror when she was done. She had light brown naturally curl hair, big brown eyes and high cheekbones. Debbie loved who she was and how she looked. She was teased for her skin colour and being mixed all through her school years but didn't care.

The one thing she will always be grateful for about her mother is she never failed to tell her how beautiful she was when she was growing up. When she told the nanny and her mother she was being bullied at school. They told her the bullies were unhappy with their lives and themselves. So they  needed to pick on someone else in order to feel good about themselves.

So Debbie started noticing things about the people bullying her like how unhappy they looked when they thought no one was watching. She may have gone to private schools but the atmosphere could be toxic. Her mother taught her never let people see how much they hurt you. Since it's a victory for them to see your tears. So she became really good at keeping a blank face when needed.

At 5'10 Debbie was quite tall for a girl and she loved it. Out of nowhere she started feeling nervous about meeting  the queen later on in the day. She runs a hand through her curls then turn away from the mirror. She transfers everything from her £40 handbag she bought in Debenhams to her new Chanel cross body bag. She looks at her new black American Express card and debit card from a private bank and sighs. She wasn't ready to face the public but she knew she had to do it.

She walk out her bedroom to see her bodyguards waiting for her. They bow to her and ask where she would like to go first. She answers the London eye.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

488 16 8
"I need her back in my life". 43-year old Omar Abdullah knew he made a big mistake in divorcing his wife, Farah. He didn't see it at first, but howev...
16.1K 974 49
Queen Xion was gifted with the crown of Nervana at 18, where the fact she was a woman is more than enough to prove she's not supposed to rule. Agains...
745 7 31
Prince William of Denmark alway wanted to have someone to come home to at night. He has his eyes on one of his cousin's best friend Eva Thomas. Eva...
284 2 24
Princess Victoria of Denmark seems to have it all. The glamorous friends, popularity and the press love her. Victoria knows if you look beyond the f...