Live, For Me. Obito X Reader

By MKayTheInvisibleGirl

In this cruel shinobi world, ninja must continue fighting. As war rages on, villages become more and more dep... More

Chapter 1 - Memories
Chapter 2 - Memory continued
Chapter 3 - Friends?
Chapter 4 - Comrade
Chapter 5 - Hey Kashi'?
Chapter 6- Silent Guilt
Chapter 7- That hurt
Chapter 8 - Helping hand
Chapter 9 - Dawn of realisation
Chapter 10- Surprise
~~NOTICE~~
Chapter 11: Win-Win
Sorry...
Chapter 12 - I...
Chapter 13- It's not what you think!
Chapter 14 - Getting serious- or not
Chapter 15 - Count on it!
Eh, well, you see...
Chapter 17- Maybe...
UNFORTUNATE ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 18 - Cubes, huh?
Chapter 19 - Losing it
Chapter 19.5 - So sleepy...

Chapter 16 - Questions and cooking

893 39 18
By MKayTheInvisibleGirl

WARNING: VULGAR LANGUAGE (SWEARING) AHEAD.

"This is soooo good!! Kashi', can you be my personal chef? How do you even know how to cook anyway? God, this food is delicious!!"

"You ask too many questions."

Even through her vigorous appetite the female glared at the silvernette who simply shrugged it off.

"Well, how about you ask some questions then?"

The male looked at her, raising one eyebrow in confusion.

"You said it yourself that I ask too many questions, so how about you ask some for once?"

"That'd be pointless."

"Oh really?"

"Yes."

"Okay, then I'll just continue asking questions. So, what's your favourite colour?"

"Don't have one."

"Favourite food?"

"Don't know."

"Do you have a crush? You know, a girl you like? Or a boy, I'm not judging."
Y/N smirked mischievously.

Kakashi, on the other hand, stabbed daggers straight into her body with his raven black eyes.

"No one."

"Aww, really? What about Rin?"

"She's on the team so I have to not hate her. Nothing more than a teammate."

Ouch. And to think Rin likes this cold, distant being.

"Things you do away from training?"

"More training."

Y/N started at him in disbelief. How could he train intensely, train more during missions and team fights and then train even more?

"How?!"

"Simple: Just train. It really isn't that hard to understand, now is it?"

He was mocking her; this wasn't going to end well.

"Don't you have a life aside from bloody training? What do you do simply for fun? Or just for relaxing? Do you even have time for breathing at this point?"

Although he would never admit it, Kakashi actually considered those questions and it slightly pained him that Y/N was right. He really didn't do much aside from training. Not that it bothered him all that much, but the way he lived was quite lonely.

Unbeknownst to the masked boy, tears lightly decorated the brims of Y/N's eyes.

The girl knew. She knew about Kakashi's life, his parents and kind of understood him. It's true that Y/N seemed carefree, but in reality, she just didn't want to bother anyone with her problems. She thought that that may be the reason for Kakashi's cold treatment too.

They were both orphans: no parents, siblings or privileges. The weight of responsibility for themselves sometimes could be overwhelming. But they were only kids, just young kids who had not deserved such twisted fates.

The kunoichi had blinked away the salty tears and hesitantly resumed the conversation.

"So,"

"So?"

"Can you teach me how to cook?"

"Uh... I'd rather not."

"What? Whyyy?"

"I quite like this house as it is."

"Meaning?"

"I don't need you to burn it down when you try to cook."

"I wouldn't!!"

"Hmph. Fine, what do you want to make?"

"How about simple cooked rice and vegetables?"

"Whatever."

"And off to cook we go!" Exclaimed the girl in excitement.
_______________________________________
×30 minutes later×

"Uh, Kashi?"

"What?"

"What do you do when the pan sets on fire?"

"What?"
Confusion was evident from his expression.

The smell of smoke fleeted into the room and Kakashi worriedly hurried to his kitchen.

"Shit!"

Thanks to his quick thinking, Kakashi managed to cease the fire with salt and a cloth. There wasn't any major damage done to the surroundings, although the pan was a hopeless case.

"Y/N..."

A murderous look was clear on Kakashi's face.

"Um... I'm, uh, I'm very sorry"

"You will be sorry"

"What?...No... No, you dare do that..."

"Oh, I dare."

Y/N started running away from the silvernette as he chased her.

But eventually after long minutes of running, Y/N became tired and gave up - ultimately leading to Kakashi's victory.

"Now..."

The girl gulped and stared with wide eyes at the spoonful of black, coal-like rice.

She began to shake her head in refusal as Kakashi was about to force feed her.

A few millimetres before her lips the spoon stopped in its tracks. She opened her eyes to a nearly laughing Kakashi.

"Wait... you... you're laughing? For real?"

"What? No."
It was evident from his voice that he was close to laugher, but in the end, Kakashi remained Kakashi. The silvernette began to speak:

"But-"

"Eh? But what?"

"Let me finish. But instead, you are cleaning the kitchen."

Y/N whined and moaned for the following five minutes but gave up with a defeated sigh.
_______________________________________
"Finally done!"

Y/N threw herself onto the blankets which she had earlier laid out on the floor, previously used as a comfortable seat.

"You should probably go to sleep - it's late."

"Yeah, you're right."

The kunoichi began to gather her belongings into a hand-made bag.

"What are you doing?"

"Baking biscuits. What do you think? Im packing."

"Firstly, please do not bake ever again. Secondly, it's already late, so you can stay here. There's a spare room at the end of the corridor. No discussion."

"But- why?"

"Because you need a place to stay, correct? Take this as me feeling extremely nice today."

A smile creeped onto her face.

"Thank you, again."

"Whatever. Now go to sleep."

A strange pair of friends they were indeed.
_______________________________________

"No... don't do it. Why..."
Words fell out of Y/N's mouth as she tensed in her sleep, failing in resting. Sweat formed on her forehead and her body moved constantly.

"No!" Panting and sweating, Y/N awoke startled in the middle of the night by a horrid nightmare. It was similar to the one from the previous night, but the flames were blue and cold, icy even.

Shivers crawled up her spine as she thought about those flames. They were so unusual. The girl continued shivering and noticed a light blue chakra coating on her pale skin. It didn't hurt like the other ones, but it sure did freeze her from the inside out. She was so cold.

Kakashi entered the room soon after, complaining about the noise but stopped when he saw the layer of chakra. What surprised him the most was that Y/N was just sat there, examining it herself. She wasn't in any pain whatsoever it seemed.

"Y/N? What is that?"

"I d-dont h-have a c-clue. B-but I-I'm-m c-cold-d."

Upon taking a closer look, Y/N's skin was tinted purple. The masked boy wasted no time and brought blankets and two thick covers for her. Before he actually put the covers on her, however, he intertwined his hand with Y/N's hand to check his theory. He too felt the coldness and no pain.

On the other hand, Y/N blushed. The heat from her cheeks spread from her face to the rest of her body a few seconds after. Gradually the warmth became equal and stabilised Y/N's bodily temperature. By this point, (a mere minute later) Kakashi had long released Y/N's hand.

Kakashi noticed colour returning to Y/N's face and exhaled in both confusion and relief.

"Are you still cold?"

"No. What is this?"

"I don't know. But it seems as though it wasn't trying to harm you."

"Yes."

"Anyways, we still have training tomorrow. Goodnight."

"Wait."

He turned around somewhat impatiently.

"C-could I stay in your r-room? I don't want to be alone..."

Kakashi knew what she meant. She had nightmares when she was alone. He had been though the very same thing after his fa- nevermind that.

"So long as you're not annoying."

"Thanks."

Y/N, as ironic as this was, felt happy and gladly picked up her make-shift bed (namely two blankets and a pillow).

Secretly, Kakashi was happy too. Even if he didn't accept it or realise it, Y/N became someone he could call a true friend.

The remainder of the night stayed calm and quiet. The two teens slept in peace.

Maybe, just maybe, if Kakashi had not been so arrogant, maybe then the future would be different.
(That's narrator input btw)

_______________________________________

Right, Chapter 16.

To be honest, I think I might have made Kakashi act out of character, idk.

And yes, this chapter is shorter than the others but that is because I wanted to update and I didn't actually have time to write more.

I've already prolonged the update for at least two weeks or so, I felt kinda bad for it. So I guess you could call this some kind of filler chapter? I'm not sure.

I also have another English assessment, French assessment and maths assessment all next week so I don't know when the next update will be. Lets hope asap.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Feel free to vote and comment!

Have a GREAT day!
(Night?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 1.1K 9
"I'm in love with Kakashi's little sister..." (Y/N) Hatake and Obito Uchiha meet and a friendship quickly blossoms. Soon, a beautiful relationship bl...
766K 31K 140
The life of a Shinobi is difficult to endure as we come across many obstacles that are tragic, but we have hope to achieve peace and protect our love...
415K 17.9K 33
You had always thought that Obito deserved better. In fact, you would have done anything to change the outcome of his life. From his despair, to his...
2K 58 22
What is a Shinobi? Misaki often finds herself questioning that. From a small village, she had no choice but to become a ninja. Her leader needed her...