simmer down // a.i. [ON HOLD]

By educashton

in which a girl named emma signs up for a summer job working at the same hotel that a boy named ashton is sta... More

[1] not a good start
[2] "you."
[3] the summer of summers
[4] educashton: lesson 1
[5] spiderman tricks
[6] room-friggin'-service
[7] no strings attached
[8] "JUST PEE OUT THE WINDOW!"
[9] nudes?
[10] educashton: lesson 2
[11] sorry, again.
[12] 'did my little baby brother get himself drunk again?'
not a chapter
[13] the rock bandit
[14] little fans & common courtesy
[15] pool princess
[16] a real LIVE 5sos concert??
[17] smutty fan fictions
[18] fedorable
[19] boy sweat
[20] family reunions
[21] cruisin' for a bruisin'
[22] city that never sleeps
[23] ashton's good sense of smell
[24] the game plan
[25] is your name really ernma?
[26] a game of questions
[27] dizzy
[28] texting and twister
[29] two a.m. tease
[30] a light in the dark
[32] dream team
[33] kiss mine better?
[34] vatorphobia
[35] lipstick stains on my passport
[36] bandit to the welcome rock café
[37] g'day mate!
[38] nuts and balls
[39] ashton's a poo-head
[40] a fucking mess
[41] aisle 25
[42] avengers assemble
[43] twitcam
[44] home to mama
[45] pictures of you
not a chapter
[46] 'there's no beating a first love'
[47] sick of sunshine

[31] you and me, baby

6.7K 169 116
By educashton

follow my ig @gcodgirls for free ashton irwins (cuddle sized, only while stocks last) ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The room was silent except for the TV, but neither of us wanted to move. Ashton was still holding onto me, and I didn’t want him to let go, anyway. We sat there for a while, eyes closed, foreheads together, breathing in time. I wondered what was running through Ashton’s mind.

After a while, Ashton reluctantly pulled away his hands and stood up, turning off the movie and returning back to the couch. I sat there in the dark, blushing, as he knelt down and scooped me up, his long arms securing around my waist like I was a bride. He stood there, staring down at me and I booped his nose, making him giggle.

‘Emma,’ he sighed, and I wrapped my hands into his hair, refusing to let go.

‘I fucking kissed you.’

Ashton moaned suddenly, and I frowned.

‘Is that a bad thing?’

He laughed.

‘You’re joking, right?’ He leant back into me, nudging my nose with his own. ‘Do you know how long I’ve been waiting for this to happen?’ (a/n haven’t we all, ashton, haven’t we all)

I giggled, and let him carry me into the kitchen and set me down on a stool, Ashton standing over me with a hand on either side so I was back between his arms.

‘You’re beautiful,’ he murmured, and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, making me go bright red again. I buried my face in my hands.

‘Ashton... you can’t say this stuff!’

‘Watch me,’ he smirked. ‘I’m going to be telling you that every day now.’

I rolled my eyes, and he laughed at me, wrapping my arms back around his waist.

‘I have a good idea - let’s finish that game of 20 Questions we were playing ages ago. You still owe me for that.’

‘Okay,’ I giggled, and removed my arms so he could sit down next to me. He perched on the edge of his seat, making sure our knees were touching, his hands resting on mine. Ashton paused for a moment, and rubbed a hand awkwardly up the back of his neck, a faint blush spreading over his cheeks.

‘I was wondering... well... if I kissed you this time last week... would you have kissed me back, maybe?’

I raised an eyebrow playfully and he smiled a little, biting his lip.

‘I just want to know how long I’ve been waiting for you, at the same time when you were waiting for me.’

Ashton was so fucking adorable. I squeezed his hand and touched his cheek lightly so he’d turn back to face me.

‘Yes. I would’ve kissed you back.’ I sighed. ‘Ashton, I know I was a bitch when we first met, but you’re so... everything you do... I don’t know. It’s cliché and stupid but as soon as I got to know you, I-‘ I blushed, and Ashton nodded, understanding. ‘But look - I mean, that doesn’t matter. We kissed, right? It was the best fucking kiss I’ve ever had and I loved it and you left me wanting more and I still want more and I think I really really like you. But you’re you, like, you’re the Ashton Irwin of 5SOS and I’m me and, oh shit, what will your fans say? How did we-‘  I touched a finger to my lips before gazing up at Ashton, ‘ -how did we kiss?

I whispered the last bit before blushing deeply again, shoving a hand over my mouth. None of that was meant to come out. Oh my god, I was such a freaking mess.

Ashton looked down at me with an amused expression, eyes crinkling like they always did when he was about to start giggling.

‘Ems?’

I felt my heart speed up when I heard that little nickname.

‘Uh-ye-yeah?’

He moved his face across to mine and laughed softly, his breath hitting the side of my cheek lightly.

‘Just shut up now, okay?’

He winked at me, and I scowled.

‘No, Emma, listen to me.’  He pulled my chin up, more serious now. ‘You’re right - we did kiss. But you know what else? I don’t regret it. It’s almost 3 am, I should be asleep, but instead I’m the happiest I’ve been in ages, sitting here in this kitchen, playing 20 Questions with the most beautiful girl - in more than one way - that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I don’t stop thinking about you - I always want to be around you. I don’t care what other people think - ‘ Ashton kissed my cheek lightly, ‘ -it’s just you and me, baby. You and me.’

My face was going even redder and I couldn’t take in what he was saying fast enough. We were really doing this, weren’t we? Holy moly. I bravely moved closer to Ashton and pushed my hands into his, pulling his baggy sleeves down over both of our hands.

‘Can I ask you my last question now?’

He nodded, face flushed, and I giggled, deciding to tease him.

‘Now that we’ve established that you like me, and I like you... do I get free access to your bandana collection?’

Ashton’s mouth dropped and I burst out laughing, jumping up from my stool and snatching his beanie off his head. He looked at me, his hair fluffy and standing up in odd places, with a slow grin forming on his face.

‘You’d better give that back, Davies.’

‘Catch me if you can, Irwin!’

I squealed as Ashton jumped up after me and chased me around the flat, giggling like a 5 year old. We ran through the living room, into the laundry, down the hallway and into my bedroom before he caught up, wrapping his long arms around my waist and crouching down to wrestle the beanie from my hands, tickling me at the same time.

Ashton,’ I wheezed, trying to get my breath back, ‘Ashton, sto-stop-p-it!! Hahahaha!’

He tossed me down on my bed gently, straddling me while I lifted the beanie back behind my head where he couldn’t reach it.

‘Give in,‘ Ashton tickled my waist, making me squirm underneath his legs, ‘or I won’t move, Princess.’

I pouted, throwing the beanie back behind me.

‘Get it yourself then.’

He smirked, licking his lips.

‘You bet I will.’

And suddenly, Ashton leant right over my body so our chests were touching, me still pinned under him, as he stretched up and retrieved the beanie from the head of my bed, tugging it back on messily. He didn’t move though, and it struck me for the first time where we were.

‘So...’ I murmured, unable to breathe again.

‘So,’ he giggled back, placing a big hand on my cheek.

‘I have one  - wait, two more questions for you.’

‘Shoot.’

Ashton hovered above me, staring straight into my eyes. His hair was falling into my face, and I giggled as he blushed and brushed it away. Talk about going from sex god to cute puppy in 0.17 seconds...

‘Can I - well, I was wondering, maybe, one day, you might let me - I could, like, take you on, a, date, kind of, yeah, maybe a date? Sometime?’

‘A date?’

My eyes widened. Ashton flinched.

‘Well, yeah. But if you don’t want to, I totally understand, that’s ok-‘

He made to roll over, but I grabbed his arm.

‘I would love to go on a date with you, Ashton,’ I beamed. ‘Yes, I would absolutely love that.’

‘Really??’

He looked genuinely surprised as he stared down into my face, and I nodded, smiling. Ashton carefully lowered his head so it was against mine again and I giggled, lifting my hands to hold his face.

‘Can I ask you one more question?’ he whispered, and I smiled.

‘May I kiss you again?’

And without waiting for an answer, I found Ashton’s lips back on mine.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up the next morning in my bed, with the faint taste of Ashton on my lips and the smell of him on my pillow. Groaning, I reached out and picked up a little handwritten note that sat beside my phone on my bedside table. I smiled when I recognised Ashton’s handwriting.

Morning Emma! You fell asleep last night when we were talking in bed, and you looked so beautiful, so I didn’t wake you up when I left. I’m sorry I didn’t stay, but you can imagine what the guys would’ve said if I wasn’t in my own bed this morning :( Text me when you wake up, okay? I miss you already xx love Ashton

I tried to ignore the love Ashton signoff, knowing he was just being friendly, but found myself smiling my head off anyways. I still couldn’t believe we had kissed. We were going to go on a date. A date. If that wasn’t progress, I didn’t know what was. I picked up my phone and grimaced at the screen. It was already 11 am and I had obviously slept in big time after my early morning with Ashton because the screen read:

(5) missed calls and (17) new text messages

I opened my phone book and inbox.

#

ciara: EMMA ANSWER YOUR PHONE

ciara: WE’RE ALL HANGING OUT TODAY AT THE POOL

puppy dawg: care to explain why ashton is all smiley this morning...??

michael: um why is ashton in such a good mood

michael: omg pls tell me its something to do with you

michael: THAT REMINDS ME, I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU

michael: ABOUT LYNN

lucas: dude ashton wont stop grinning

lucas: his smile is so bright im wearing my sunglasses

lucas: legit though

lucas: (1) picture attached

ciara: COEM TO THE POOL, WE’RE ALL HERE WHERE R U

ashton: hiii emma are you awake yet? xx

ashton: did you get my little note? :) you should come down to the pool, we’re all here

ashton: emmmmmmma come down

puppy dawg: come to the pool poohead, i wanna talk to you

puppy dawg: i swear to god, if i have to come back up there and drag u down, i will

#

I shook my head, rolling my eyes at Ashton’s last message and finally pushing off the covers, dropping my feet to the floor. Just as I reached my closet and pulled out my bikini, someone knocked on the front door.

He didn’t.

‘Coming,’ I called, and walked out to the corridor, seeing the shadow under the door shift a little as the person knocked again.

‘Who is it?’

‘Guess, sleepyhead!’

I grinned and looked into the keyhole, jumping back and cracking up when I saw Calum’s eye staring straight back at me, slightly distorted. I pulled the door open

‘You actually came up to get me?’

‘Yeah,’ he pushed in and made his way to my living room, flopping down on the couch and throwing his arms up, ‘all 5 stories and I took the stairs.’

I laughed.

‘Good for you then.’

Calum mock-glared at me, then crinkled his nose when he noticed what I was wearing.

‘Seriously?’

I crossed my arms over my chest defensively, feeling a little self conscious when I realised I was still in sweats.

‘What? They’re just pjs, calm down.’

He rubbed a hand over his eyes.

‘It’s almost lunchtime, Emma.’

‘Jeesh, sorry, I was just up late last night.’

Calum raised an eyebrow.

‘Hey, that’s pretty funny, because that’s exactly what Ashton said to me, when I dragged him out of bed this morning. What a coincidence, huh?’

I shrugged.

‘Maybe, maybe not.’

‘You guys so had sex.’ I choked loudly as he leant back on the couch and crossed his arms, smirking. ‘Ashton was literally a ball of sunshine from the moment I jumped on him while he was sleeping in, and he is never a morning person.’

‘We did not!’ I spluttered, blushing. ‘We didn’t do much, okay-‘

‘Aha, but you admit something did happen.’

‘Kinda, but-‘

‘It’s okay Emma, you can tell me in your own time, I fully understand.’ Calum interrupted and jumped up, pushing me into my room and leaning against the frame. He looked down at me, grinning infuriatingly. ‘What you and Ashton do at night is none of my concern.’

‘Calum, I swear to god-‘

‘Fine, fine!’ He laughed his head off as I punched him, shutting the door gently in my face. ‘Hurry up and get changed into your cossies, we’re going down to the pool.’

I quickly slipped into my bikini, throwing a tee and a pair of shorts on over the top, grumbling to myself about Calum and what he’d said. I hadn’t even had time to think about how to tell the guys and Ciara, and it was obvious they were all expecting answers. I decided that I’d ask Ashton later and we would work something out together. Together. I smiled happily into the mirror, pushing up my sunglasses on my head, before leaving the room.

Calum hastily shoved his phone back into his pocket when I walked in, and stood up, taking my bag from my hands.

‘All ready to go? We booked out the pool area for pretty much the whole day today, so we can all just hang out today, no worries. It’s your day off, right?’

I nodded and grabbed my hat and phone from the bench.

‘Uhuh, so no Olivia to worry about.’

Calum laughed.

‘I don’t know Emma, I think that lady’s growing on me.’

‘Well if you end up being a thing, I absolutely refuse to go on double dates with you and her.’

We walked out of the apartment and to the lift, and I pressed on the down arrow. Calum looked over at me expectantly.

‘Don’t worry, I’m not going there. But... who’s your date, then? If it’s a double date... are you bringing Ash-t-o-nnnn?’

Calum sung Ashton’s name and I blushed, walking straight into the elevator and facing the back wall.

‘I-No, shut up, I didn’t say that.’

‘You implied.’

‘Did not.’

‘Did too.’

I spun around.

‘Calum!’

He made a face.

‘Sorry.’

I sighed.

‘I’ll tell you, okay? But not now. Later.’

His eyes lit up.

‘So you two are, like, a thing?’

The lift bell dinged and I skipped out, shooting him a small smile over my shoulder.

‘You’re just going to have to wait and see.’

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

derpcon: knock knock

me: who’s there

derpcon: not you

me:

me: well fk u

^^ life story *cries into oblivion whenever i see something related to derpcon, but secretly is happy for the people who got to go*

im sorry for the late update, ive been pretty busy and now that ashmma kissed, ive have writing block, which semi-sucks, but ill get through it :) thankyou for all the comments and votes on the last chapter!! it made me so happy when i read through and saw what you guys thought about it and i could practically feel the excitement through my screen, like Y-TO-THE-A-TO-THE-Y ASHMMA KISSED omG and it made me super happy when some of you said that you had stayed up all night reading my story from start to end and couldn’t wait for the next chapter --- so here you go!!

tru fact, the guy that 5sos invited up on stage at their first ever (!!) headling (!!!) tour show (!!!!) in phoenix? colton or something, i think his name was, anyways so i followed his instagram before other fans found it, and he followed me back, and now hes famous, so technically im famous too (did that make sense at all, im sry)

dedicated to my gud frond from le tumble, @cesilemunch a.k.a princess because i didn’t even know she read my fanfic but wow im really grateful she does <3

that was an intense a/n, w OW EMMA OUT

vote, comment and share because we’RE ALL LIKE PROUD PARENTS OF 5SOS WHO MADE HISTORY AND PLAYED THE FIRST SHOW ON THEIR HEADLINING TOUR anD IT WAS AWESOME

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 378 46
This story is about a girl named Riley who discovered after a month of being married to Ashton Irwin (from 5sos) that she was pregnant. The only thin...
736K 12.5K 51
A night out. A conversation that led to more. Now their lives are forever intertwined and they must find a way to deal with the unexpected. Highest...