CHHOTI SI ASHA

By love_samaina

Credit for beautiful cover @the_fantasy_world__ Thank you so much Avika for the lovely cover page...😘😘🥰🥰 ... More

GOOD NEWS
Morning Sickness
HEARTBEATS
Announcement
FOOD CRAVINGS
REVELATIONS
Resentment
Hopes
Storms
Mammoth Pain
Opus of Love
The Final Nail

Mood Swings

3K 299 47
By love_samaina

Twittering of birds, quivering of leaves, walking, talking and every movement of everyone around, even the breathing air seemed paused for some moments. His heart jumped between the ribcage and then became all silent, as if forget to pump air in lungs. Naina too hold his hand with her shivering and sweaty damp hands. And all this was because the doctor took a breathing pause for some microseconds, but the wait was breathtakingly painful. Somehow gathering his courage he asked stammering to the doctor,"kya hua hai doctor.. sab... Sab thik hai naa... Naina aur..."

"Areyy Mr. Maheshwari.... Don't worry... Sab thik hai...",sensing his nervousness doctor immediately replied assuring him and continued,"bas abhi foetus I mean baby ki position ko lekar kuch doubt hai mujhe..."

"Kya doubt doctor...",he asked instantly.

"Dekhiye Mr Maheshwari, frankly abhi mai surety ke saath kuch nhi kh sakti... Kuch tests aur scanning ke baad hi kuch bhi kha ja sakta hai... Aur..", doctor tried to assure him again.

"To kya problem hai doctor... Aap kijiye naa tests...",he interrupted now worried as hell.

"Please Mr Maheshwari.. let me complete...", Doctor sighed and said,"abhi pregnancy ko sirf 6 weeks huye hai, and ye test aur scanning 7th week ke baad hi ki jaa sakti hai..."she again took a pause and said this time to Naina,"Naina, I recommend ki is pure week tum complete bedrest pr raho... Complete matlab complete... No exertion, no stress... ",She purposely stressed the last words.

"Don't worry doctor, I will take care of her... Naina koi kaam nhi karegi...", Sameer said before Naina could.

"I am sure Mr Maheshwari, and don't worry, she is fine... Bas ek week ki baat hai...", doctor smiled and assured him again. He nodded with a smile though a tensed one but with strong determination too.

Naina was a little shaky. Till now she was feeling very strong and healthy but suddenly felt a weakness taking over. Thought doctor didn't tell about any major complication, but still she felt it like a comma in the way of their happiness. She didn't know when doctor patted her hands and assured her. She didn't know when sameer helped her to stood up and walk. She didn't know how she walked towards their car. Her trance broken only when after make her sit in the car, sameer was about to take driving seat and suddenly he said,"ohh shit... Medicine lena to bhul hi gya... Tum baitho mai abhi lekar aaya..." And with her nod he walked inside hurriedly.

Naina looked at his back. Slowly moved her hands and kept on her belly. Since when she came to know about her pregnancy, she done this numerous times, tried to feel and soak the news in herself, and surprisingly everytime found a different emotion. She was lost in thoughts, when sameer came and started the car. She looked at him and knew that he never went for any medicine but went to the doctor again just to get an assurance for her well being. She knew him and knew that how much he was happy with the news, he was now worried more than that. She knew his vulnerabilities when it came to her and now it was one step ahead. "No, I can never fall weak... Sameer can't handle this alone... I am a would be mother and a mother can never fall weak... Mujhe khud ko sambhalna hoga.. apne liye, Sameer ke liye aur aane wale hamare sapne ke liye bhi...",she thought and felt determined more than ever. She softly smiled at this and let the single tear observed in her dupatta.

The car halted before Maheshwari mansion and sameer quickly came to hold her. She smiled and looked at his hand around her shoulders. His hands and supporting gesture that annoyed her in morning, suddenly filled with a contentment. But thinking something she said softly,"don't worry sameer, mai thik hu..."

"Janta hu mai kitni thik ho... Ab chalo chup chap... Aur aj se koi bhi exertion liye naa to... Bada surprise dena tha... Ho gya naa ab... Pehle nhi bta sakti thi...",he scolded her for being childish.

"Usse kya ho jata... ",She was getting her usual self back slowly.

"Naaaiinnaaa...",with a sigh he said prolonging her name as not wanted to indulge in any argument and asked,"acha btao, abhi kuch khaogi..."

She shook her head in no. He looked at her, nodded and made her laid on the bed comfortably. Thinking something he went to the kitchen and came with a sliced apple in a plate and kept that before her and said,"ab koi naa nhi sununga... Ye khao abhi... Kitne time se aise hi baithi ho... "

Naina stared at him, knew that he wasn't gonna listen, so just picked up a slice and took a small bite. Seeing her eating he got up and went to get freshen up first and then brought out a bag and started to keep her cloths in that. She frowned and asked,"sameer... Ye kya kar rahe ho... Mera samaan q pack kar rahe ho..."

"Qki... Maine socha hai ki ye ek week tum chachaji ke wha rahogi... Wha chachiji hai, unhe is bare me sab pta hai... Wo tumhari ache se dekhbhaal kar payengi... ",He said avoiding her piercing eyes. She was about to say something, but he added again,"mai.. mai mummy ko bula leta, lekin tum jaanti ho ki rohan ki shadi ki baat chal rahi hai aur Deepika ke bhi boards hai, to mummy shayad itni jaldi me naa aa paye..."

She looked at him in utter disbelief and about to say something, no not to say but about to lash out at him, when he said again,"Naina... Naina tum bilkul fikar mat karna... Mai.. mai tumse roz milne aaunga.. subah bhi aur sham bhi... Ya fr agar tum chaho to mai.. mai bhi tumhare saath wha rah lunga... Fr chahe koi.. koi kuch bhi kahe..."

She was observing him keenly. Avoiding her eyes, he was looking everywhere but her. Noone but only she could listen that tremor in his every word. She understood that he was fighting with himself, his vulnerabilities were coming forth. "No, i need to be stronger now...",she thought and said in a soft low tone,"Sameer... Ek minute idhar aana please..."

"Naina... Tum khao naa... Mai jaldi se packing kar leta hu...",he replied quickly avoiding her call.

"Sameer... Suno naa... Dekho nhi to mai wha aa jaungi...",she warned pointing a finger on him.

"Nhi... Tum nhi... Mai aata hu...",he gave up and came near her.

"Baitho yha...",she shifted to make space for him and he sat beside her silently.

"Kya hua Sameer.... ",She took his hands in hers and asked. He shook his head gesturing a no and she added more,"sameer... Dekho mujhe... Bolo.... Dar lag rha hai naa... ", he shook his head again but continuously avoiding her eyes. She exhaled and kept his hand on her belly, he jerked and looked at her with a start. "Darne ki baat nhi hai Sameer... Dekho sab thik hai...",she softly smiled and assured him.

His palm shivered on her belly. He tried to pull back his hand, but her hold was firm, or rather he never wanted to pull back. "Naina...",his lips quivered and he looked at her.

"Sameer... Mujhe malum hai ki tumse jyada hum dono ka khyal koi rakh hi nhi sakta...",she assured him again.

"Lekin Naina...",he again tried to say something but couldn't say anything and encased her in a soft hug. "Sameer.. hum saath hai to har mushkil ko hara sakte hai... Hai naa...",she asked and he nodded this time a yes. "Aur waise bhi Mr Maheshwari.. ye kya baat huyi.. hamesha kahte ho ki mai hu, mai tumhare liye ye kar sakta hu, wo kar sakta hu... Aur ab jab karne ka waqt aaya to mujhe bhaga rahe ho... Mai to yhi rahungi, aur ek week tak tumse khub sewa karwaungi... So be prepare...", she added a banter to lighten up their moods and he chuckled instantly.

"Achaaw... to khiye... Kya sewa ki jaye aapki madam...", he replied bowing his head dramatically.

"Ummm... Haa... Mujhe naa... Mujhe chaat khani hai... Ekdum teekhi si..."she said with a great enthusiasm.

"Ji nhi... ",The reply was instant but opposite of her thoughts, and before she could comprehend he said again,"bilkul bhi nahi... Doctor ne kha hai light khane... Aur spicy khane se tabiyt khrab hogi... Bilkul nhi milegi chaat, apple khao bas..."

"Umm... Please naa... Please Sameer... Please mujhe khani hai...",she started insisting like a small kid.

"Naina tum...",he tried to make her understand, when she pleaded once more,"please naa... Please sameer laa do naa... Please..."

He sighed giving up and said,"thik hai le aaunga..pr abhi ye apple khao.."

She looked at him, chuckled biting her lower lip and said,"acha chhodo... Ek week baad hi kha lungi..."

He understood that she was just pulling his leg. He made a pout but said smiling next moment,"achha ab apple finish karo, aur so jao thodi der... Mai tab tak lunch ka dekhta hu... Aur sab jagah...."

"Sameer... Mai... I mean agar abhi sabko naa btaye toh... I mean ek week ke baad hi agar sabko... ",She slowly said, a little cofused and shaky.

"Lekin Naina... ",He was not convinced fully and tried to say something.

"Please...",she insisted once more and he gave up like always and nodded.

He made her eat that Apple and after that asked her to sleep and leave switching off the light.

********************************

"Sameer... Sameer...", It was not more than one hour, when she got up and hollered his name loudly.

"Kya hua Naina...",he came running and panting.

"Tum mujhe chhod ke q gye...",she had tears in her eyes.

"Nhi Naina, mai chhod ke thodi gya tha.. mai to yhi tha naa tumhare pass... Bas abhi hi munna ko call karne gya tha...", holding her close he softly hug her and tried to calm her as now knew her mood swings.

"Munna ko q... Maine kha tha naa kisi ko btana mat...",she was still in tears.

"Naina... Kisi ko to btana padega naa... Ab aise me... I mean better hai naa ki koi jise thoda experience ho uski help li jaye and don't worry, munna kisi ko kuch nhi kahega...",he softly explained and seeing her calming down he said," achaa.. chalo fresh ho jao pehle fr lunch lekar aata hu..."

"Hmm... Ramdhari bhaiya aa gye the....",she hummed and asked.

"Haa.. aa gya tha aur lunch bhi bna diya...", He replied and hold her as she got up from the bed.

Sameer took a deep breath as couldn't say how much he was feeling relieved after talking to Munna and Swati. Since morning he was feeling very worried and tensed and so wanted to share it with someone, but couldn't said to her as not wanted to disturb her. And after his promise to her couldn't talk to his or her family too, but now after talking to Munna, he felt much better and stronger.

After some time they both had their lunch. Though she didn't feel like eating everything, so left almost half of whatever in her plate, but he didn't say anything much and asked her to lay down and himself too sat beside her holding her hand.

"Sameer, tumne mujhe daata nhi ki maine khana adha hi khaya...",she asked as couldn't understand his silence then.

"Swati ne btaya tha ki ek baar me jyada khana jaruri nhi... Aur infact bhut jyada khane se vomiting ke chances hote hai... Bas har thodi thodi der baad kuch halka khana chahiye... Isiliye... Waise bhi, tumhe jab, joh aur jitna khana hai, utna hi khao... Khud se jabardasti karne ki jarurat nhi...",he thoroughly explained to her.

"Aur ye pillow... Ye bhi Swati ne btaya...",she smiled and asked seeing the pillow he kept below her feet.

"Haa, mujhe to usi ne... Lekin use shayad mausiji ne btaya tha...",he gave reference of munna's mother. She chuckled seeing him thinking deeply and itching his forehead and he continued,"Naina.. maine socha hai ki next week tak office se chhutti le lu.. aur jo bhi important kaam hoga, ghar se hi karunga..."

"Aur mera wo Mumbai...",she suddenly remembered something and asked a little anxious for her work.

"Naina... Tumhara har project abhi ek week ke liye hold pr daal deta hu... fr jo bhi doctor kahe...",he slowly replied.

"Kya... Mai ab kaam nhi kr sakti... Lekin mai aise... Sara din...",tears again started to make a way on her face.

"Naina puri baat to suno... Sirf ek week... Fr hum doctor se...",he tried to explain again, but she interrupted him, this time a little louder due to raising anger,"mai janti hu... Ab meri life, mera career, meri marzi, is sabki koi value hi nhi... Maine tumhe aisa nhi samjha tha, lekin tum... Tum bhi sabki tarah hi sochte ho ki auraton ka career sirf ghar aur bachhe hi hai..."

"Naina... Pagal ho gyi ho kya... Maine kab aisa kha... ",He looked at her all bewildered at her extreme reaction. But suddenly realized something, sighed and said in a soft loving voice,"Naina.. tumse jyada important kuch bhi nhi hai mere liye... Aur mai sirf ek week ki baat kar rha hu... Uske baad bhi agar ye bed rest continue rha to hum koi rasta nikal lenge... Mai sirf ek chhutti ki baat kar rha hu, company me tumhare kisi option ki nhi...."

"Promise...",she was still in doubts. He nodded kissing her hairs.

She felt relaxed and a little dizzy too. And his slowly moving hands in her hairs and soft soothing talks worked like lullaby and she slept peacefully in his arms.

********************************

"Sameer...",she softly called his name as he was reading a book sat beside her.

"Haa jaan yhi hu mai...",he replied lovingly kissing her forehead and kept the book on side table quickly.

She was feeling a little anxious. Sitting idle for the whole day was not her cup of tea. It was almost like a punishment for her and like a additional punishment, she felt nauseous and sick now. Before sameer could help her to get up or let her drink water even, she hurriedly got up and ran to the washroom. Sameer followed her but couldn't do more than helplessly looked her throwing up and careressing her back. He felt a pinch in his heart seeing her all wobbly and weak after that, and cursed the nature as couldn't do anything to help her.

After making her sit on the bed comfortably, he went in the kitchen and came just after two minutes with a glass of nimbu pani.

"Wow Sameer.. tumhe kaise pta chala ki mujhe ye chahiye...",she actually felt better sipping that slowly.

"Bas lga...",he smiled seeing her comfortable now, but this smile was not long lasting, as she was feeling nauseous again and this time for the whole evening.

He couldn't feel more helpless ever, but tried everything he knew to help her as gave her hot lemon salt, her favorite tamarind and ajwain salt too. But she was restless continuously. It was sixth week, when nausea, morning and evening sickness and mood swings started to show symptoms. And this awkward new phase left them both shook and stressed. In her restlessness she was feeling all cranky and kept venting out her irritation on him. He was tired of running between kitchen and room. He somehow managed to calm her and she felt a little better after eating some chocolates.

"God Naina.. aj to tumne...",he was so hassled and about to say something but realized just on time and pursed his lips on time, but she looked at him sharply. He got a bit scared and be prepare for an other session of scoldings, but she didn't say anything and he stared at her confused.

**********************************

Sometimes later, they had their dinner. Sameer took extra care of menu and tried to keep spices and her taste balanced with  the nutrition. She was feeling hungry too, so ate well. They both felt relieved specially sameer, but it didn't for long again, as she ended up throwing up badly.

Sameer looked at her helplessly once again and asked slowly,"Naina... Tum kuch logi... Kya Lau.. kuch kha lo please..."

She didn't answered but just rested on pillow with closed eyes feeling tired and of course exhausted. Sameer sat beside and stroked her hairs lovingly. "So jao sameer, mai thik hu...", after a while she said and he too laid down on his side closing his eyes, though could understand but couldn't do anything more for her.

Naina shifted and changed her side a little and looked at him. He was not sleeping but laying with closed eyes. She kept staring at him, when suddenly he too changed his side and opened his eyes for a moment. He frowned seeing her up till now and asked a little worried too,"Naina... Kya hua jaan... Neend nhi aa rhi..."

She shifted a little close to him. He hold her carefully and she replied holding his hands,"Sameer.. mai soch rahi hu ki tum thik the.. mujhe chachiji ke ghar chale jana chahiye..."

"Kya hua Naina.. mujhse koi galti huyi kya... Tumhe kuch chahiye... Bolo, kya kiya maine...",he panicked.

"Nhi Sameer, galti nhi... Par mai... Mai khud ko sambhal nhi pa rhi hu aur pta nhi kaise tumpr gussa ho jati hu... Tumhe kitna paresan kiya maine...",she explained her reasons.

"Naina... Tumne to dara hi diya tha...",he said a little relaxed understanding her apprehensions as now knew that he could make her understand and said after few seconds,"aisa nhi hai Naina... Mai paresan nhi hu... Infact acha hua jo ye sab hua, atleast mujhe pta to chala ki kitni taklif se gujarna padta hai ek aurat ko maa banne se pehle... Mai tumhara dard baant kar kam nhi kar sakta, lekin tumhare saath reh kar mehsoos to kar sakta hu... Pta nhi kis dhun me subah wo sab kah gya... Acha hua jo tumne sambhal liya...",he hugged her softly, but suddenly remembered something and said again,"aur kya kah rahi thi ki khud ko sambhal nhi pati... To let me tell you ki tumhe koi jarurat nhi khud ko rokne ki... Ye sab to natural changes hai naa jaan... Ye hormonal rush hi emotions engrave karta hai baby me... Khud ko rokogi to baby me hormonal disbalance ho sakta hai..." He tried to make her understand, while she looked at him shockingly.

"Sameer, ye tumhe kaise pta... I mean school me tumhe science me itna interested kabhi nhi dekha...",she asked with bewildered wide eyes.

He fidgeted with himself for a moment, but then thinking something, pulled out a book from side table and showed her.

She  sniggered but let out a laugh reading the title "a mother is born", but kissed his cheeks sensing his sincerity and love. His face flushed he embarrassed on being caught.

"I love you Sameer...", seeing him embarrassed, she immediately said to him brushing away his apprehensions.

"I love you too jaan... Bas aise hi hasti rehna hamesha aur dekhna ek pyari si hasti huyi pari aayegi hamare ghar... ",He replied hugging her.

"Q pari q, rajkumar q nhi...",she instantly protested.

"Uff Naina... Ye to kal ka plan tha, iske liye kal baat karenge...",he said with a thoughtful look.

"Hein... Kal ka plan... Matlab",she was all confused.

"Haa toh... Aj ka sara din to tumhara diet chart aur routine bnane me chala gya.. ab kal ladka ya ladki, iske liye ladenge, fr next day unke naam ke liye.. fr shopping aur room...",he explained the whole plan to her.

She looked at him and spread out another course of laugh and said laughing,"pagal ho tum..."

"Sirf tumhara...",his reply was instant and made her feel loved like everytime.

He kissed her forehead and mumbled,"so jao ab... "

Not only her but him too closed his eyes with satisfaction of happiness that side, but prepared for every war in the way.

The day was good or bad, couldn't say, but went teaching them a lots of things. For sameer it was a day of challenges, making him realized the struggles of a woman or rather a would be mother. But for Naina, it was a day of realization, as the struggles of a would be mother had been sung and registered since always but no one talk about the dilemmas of a would be father. She looked at his hands. One hand holding her gently and other was resting on her belly with so much care that she didn't even know. He was sleeping holding his whole world in his arms, but without their realisation even. She hold his hand on her belly, lifted herself up and kissed him on forehead, cheeks and whole face. And hugged him tightly.

"Kya kar rhi ho Naina...",her kisses and hug made him awake and he hold her immediately sensing her position and tried to pull back.

Though she didn't pulled back on his insistence but didn't linger either. She pulled back after a while and slept holding him softly.

********************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 14K 32
Love can't be found where it doesn't exist, nor can be Hidden where it truly does. ~~~ William Shakespeare A bunch of short stories for yo...
159K 10.5K 59
A manan and kavya love story I hope you like it
31.7K 3.3K 16
Short Stories of AvNeil
20.4K 1.6K 18
Collection of short stories on sandhir. Please give it a try.