Happily Divorced

By Aileedales

A firm believer in "Exes can be friends," Chassie Lewis has proven everyone thinking otherwise wrong. For alm... More

Happily Divorced
(1)Ex-wife
(2) Ex-wife
(3) Ex-husband
(4) Ex-wife
(5) Ex-wife
(7) Ex-wife
(8) Ex-husband
(9) Ex-wife
(10) Ex-wife
(11) Ex-husband
(12) Ex-wife
(13) Ex-wife
(14) Ex-wife
(15) Ex-wife
(16) Ex-wife
(17) Ex-wife
(18) Ex-husband
(19) Ex-wife
(20) Ex-wife
(21) Ex-wife
(22) Ex-husband
(23) Ex-wife
(24) Ex-wife
(25) Ex-wife
(26) Ex-wife
(27) Ex-wife
(28) Ex-wife
(29) Ex-wife
(30) Ex-wife
(31) Ex-wife
(32) Ex-wife
(33) Ex-wife
(34) Ex-husband
(35) Ex-wife
(36) Ex-wife
(37) Ex-wife
(38) Ex-wife
(39) Ex-wife
(40) Ex-husband
(41) Ex-wife
(42) Ex-wife
(43) Ex-husband
(44) Ex-wife
(45) Ex-wife
(46) Ex-Husband
(47) Ex-wife
Ending: Part 1
About the Book
Ending: Part 2
Epilogue
Excerpt: Sweet as You
Excerpt: Her Right Mistake

(6) Ex-wife

34.1K 1.1K 40
By Aileedales

Chassie George

"I can't believe you just left me. I have no idea how to go on with my life. How will I survive our humdrum of a workplace?"

I laugh at Julie's melodramatic outburst as I set aside the now empty suitcases. Nathan offered help to unpack but business called, so I practically shooed him out the door because he had sacrificed enough of his precious time. I'm claiming the offer as advantageous but weighing all the while the great deal of embarrassment of having him stumble upon an underwear.

Not that I own sexy, lace undergarments. I preferred function over fashion right down to those private properties. And him knowing that would've make it all the more awkward.

"You never had trouble making friends, Jules," I pointed out.

"But you're my best friend. And you know very well that our outdated colleagues hate me. Also, those bitter divorcees always give me judgy eyes." She lets out a frustrated sigh. "I hate divorcees."

I chortled. "Do you realize you're best friends with one? Have you forgotten I'm divorced?"

There was silence on the other line.

"Right. It's strange, actually. I kind of see the guy as something imaginary."

"You met him." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, but the guy looks fictional."

I try not to laugh. "You shook his hand. How is that fictional?"

"The guy is too good to be true. He's extremely good-looking and not a shmuck. No one that gorgeous is supposed to be beautiful on the inside too."

I shake my head smilingly. "This is what I'm going to miss about you."

"I'm going to miss your face." Julie exhales another sigh. "And Ethan? Has he forgotten about me?"

"Don't go feeling devastated, he forgot about me too."

She bellowed a laugh. "Oh, did he now?"

"Yep. He's with my parents. And hopefully won't stay that way for the rest of the vacation," I say with a chuckle.

"Well, perfectly understandable. He misses his grandparents."

I nodded to myself. "Yes. Keep me posted?"

"You never need to ask."

My head snapped toward my bedroom door that opened with a slam, Kathie rushing in with outstretched arms. "Bunny," Kathie virtually screeches.

I winced, my ears ringing. "Jesus Christ. I gotta go, Jules."

She pulled me into a hug that squeezed even the bones of my body. My cheek pressed tightly against her army green sweater dress and I only had her sweet perfume as oxygen. My sister always did smell amazing. "Chassie, you're really here."

"I really missed you too," I breathed.

Kathie pushes me in arm's length, her eyes bright. "I miss you more, honey bunny. More than you know."

Before I could protest, she crushed me into another hug.

"What took you so long?"

"Sorry. Salon day. I have to look my best."

I stepped out of the hug, taking her in. She always had this thick, wavy hair that were a beautiful cinnamon brown. It was a perfect color to bring out the warmth of her brown eyes. And begrudgingly, they're all natural too.

"You like?" She runs her fingers through her strands.

I giggled. "Why are you not on a Shampoo commercial yet?"

"Because then Shampoo brands can contractually own my hair," she says with a bat of her lashes. "When was the last time you went for an appointment?" She touches the tip of my hair.

"Let me think," I feigned innocence, "a long time ago."

"Oh, I'll take you." She bounces on her toes excitedly.

I slap her hand away from my hair. "I'm not going."

"How else are you going to spend your vacation? Reading?"

My eyes take a brief detour to the stacks of books on my shelves. "Of course, not."

I was saved from anymore discussion about the salon when a soft knock on the door interrupted. I turn around, my brows knitting together. "I thought you have a meeting."

Nathan lets himself in. "Had a meeting."

"Hi, Mr. CEO." Kathie grins.

"Hi, Ms. Luxurious Locks."

"Thank you." She flips her hair, the ringing in her purse snatching her attention. She happily takes out her phone. "It's Owen. I have to take this. I'll be back, bunny." My sister leaves my bedroom, blowing me a kiss.

I nodded, understanding the need to take the call from her boyfriend.

"You're off to bed?" Nathan looks me over.

I faked a gasp. "What could've possibly given me away?"

"You still wear that ugly T-shirt to bed." His lips dipped to the side with a wry grin.

"FYI, this 'ugly' T-shirt was yours until I upgraded it into a sexy lingerie."

He chuckles, eyes twinkling. "Okay. I'm not sure about the sexy lingerie."

I yawned behind the back of my hand, shuffling toward the bed. "Bottom line is, I sleep better in this." I dove right onto the bed and buried my face on the pillow.

"No judgment on my part."

I raised to my elbow, watching him sit on the side of my bed. "How was work? Did you set someone's butt on fire?"

He crinkled his nose. "My butt was the one on the grill."

"Oh. You poor baby."

"Just another day." He shrugged.

I sighed.

Nathan has had his life planned out since he was eleven. He's the second of three children, and since the first child was a girl, Nathan shouldered the responsibility to the family business. It didn't take long before he run Forester Realty while his siblings Starlet (oldest) and Jett (youngest) took different careers.

Starlet left home in hopes of better dreams to dream – Or at least that's what she told me – like I did. She took the path with neon signs and camera shutters in it. Yep. She took her chance on modelling. She started small, then years later, she's dabbling between acting and modelling. She visits home on holidays or, according to her, if she feels like it. It's been a while since we talked but she keeps in touch.

Jett Forester, on the other hand, did what their parents forbade him. He joined a band. Technically, he stayed in the band because he's still playing with his buddies from high school. Their music is great. Anndd, they're making ladies swoon.

Just have to add that one in.

I stifle a yawn. "Nathan, I'm sorry I'm a useless company right now. I'm too sleepy."

"It's okay. Go to sleep." His mouth curved into a small smile.

"I don't want to."

"Why not?"

"I don't want you watching me sleep." I narrowed my eyes on him.

His smile grew. "I'm not going to stare while you sleep."

"I don't trust you. I'm taking the covers all the way over my head." I tugged at the sheets.

He laughs softly. "Good night, Chassie."

"Night," I murmured and took one last glimpse of him before hiding behind the covers and slipped into a dream of blue eyes and brown hair. Like the nubile Jack Dawson in Titanic.

Book 4

Once upon a time, Kylie Preston had a semi-exciting life. Until her spitfire attitude sparked the interest of notorious playboy, Christian Parkinson. And no matter how many times he was rebuffed, his flowers made it to her desk every single day. Although a cocky nuisance, his persistence advances him past her defenses. And then slowly, but surely, she finds herself stepping out of those defenses.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596 50 18
Beautiful, elegant, and intelligent, Addison Reade gave up her dreams of being a doctor long ago when she married James Richardson, the lead singer f...
950K 20.6K 24
Adeline Fox thought she was living the perfect life for a 25 year old. She has the perfect job, the perfect house, and the perfect husband... Or so s...
930K 27.5K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
7.8K 577 37
Aaliyah Richards has made a living writing about the way love should be. But when she meets Nathaniel Lord-business tycoon and her polar opposite-she...