Missed Me, Missed Me, Now You...

By MusicxXxGuru

Piper Smithson and Liam Nelson were best friends. That was when they were seven and eight years old. Since mo... More

Missed Me, Missed Me, Now You Gotta Kiss Me
Howdy, Partner
Just Peachy
Who Do You Think You Are
Whoa. Rewind. Everyone Take a Deep Breath and.....WHAT?!
Pete's
Will You Never Learn?
It's On Like Donkey Kong, Bitch
You Can Be Racial to Vegetarians
A Little Late To Chill
Better Than Christmas
Crazy for This Girl-Liam's POV
Dumped on the Ass
The Cookout
Rescue Race
Missed Me, Missed Me
Now You Gotta Kiss Me
You Have No Right
He's Perfect....In a Douchey Way
On the Set of Along Came Polly
Oh, So He Speaks!
You're In Love With Him
A Starry Night
It Takes Two to Make Two
Nice, but Definitely Not Liam
There's a Fire Starting in My Heart
Lulu; the Drama Queen
Take a Load Off
Why You Gotta Be So Mean? [Filler]
Prom Shopping
Par-tay Like it's Yawr Birthday
The Not So Starry Night
Shit Happens...Well, Unil It Matters. Suddenly When You Need it, There's No Shit
We Can Do This, You and I; Together
This is the Part Where You Dish
It Makes Me Happy....Dr.
Let's Find Out
Yes or No?
If You're Gonna be My Girlfriend
The Sleepover (Chapter 40!!!!)
That Coulda Gone Better
The Call
D'you Want S'more?
Just Spill
Shit Disturber
Time with Dad
Birthday Slosh
Finally; Something's Gotta Give
Epilogue

Reesey and Lefroy

107K 1.3K 83
By MusicxXxGuru

I woke up to my cell literally screaming at me-it was a high pitched scream from some chic in a horror movie; it only played to unknown callers. With my body aching all over from sleeping in a sleeping bag, I reluctantly picked up my phone. "Mmm-hmm?"

  "Are ya still sleepin'?" An annoying southern voice said with too much zeal.

  I groaned. "Liam....what time is it?"

  "Quarter till six."

  "WHAT?!" I screamed.

  "Damn, when did you get so screamy?"

  "Since people wake me up at freaking five in the morning! Go find something to do!" I snapped my phone shut, intent on sleeping until late afternoon. I didn't start school until tomorrow.   

  My phone rang again.

  Not able to take the screaming, I groaned into the receiver, "What do you want from me...?"

  "Did you forget, duchess? We're riding today!"

  I could have laughed or cried at that moment. "Liam, I'm not riding something that can kill me."

  "Cars can kill you, too."

  "But horses have a mind of their own."

  "True. But horses are more fun."

  "Than you go riding." I hung up the phone again.

  A whole minute later-imagine that!-it rang again.

  "Leave me alone," I whined.

  "I hate riding by myself."

  "I can't ride, Liam!"

  "Scaredy cat."

  "What?"

  "Chicken."

  "Liam."

  He started clucking like a chicken.

  "Alright, stop!" I said with frustration. "That never worked on me, William."

  "I know. But it always made you mad."

  "I can refuse you, you know."

  I heard the smirk in his voice. "No you can't."

  "Oh, no?" I hung up, this time turning my cell off entirely.

  I was almost asleep again when I heard my window being opened-there was the mudroom roof just below my window and it was low enough that you could climb up with a medium sized ladder. Obviously Liam had already been there.

  Shrieking, I sat up, covering myself with the sleeping bag-I was only in a black cami and booty shorts.

  Liam rolled his eyes, grinning widely. "Now, what say you?"

  "You're crazy!" I screamed, hoping to wake my parents up. Unfortunately, I knew how impossible that was; my parents were abnormally hard sleepers.

  Liam made himself comfortable leaning against the wall. "Well?"

  Frowning, I grumbled, "Well, what?"

  "Where's your cowboy boots?"

  "I don't have cowboy boots."

  Liam tsk-tsked. "How're you gonna ride without cowboy boots?"

  I put on a mock pleasant smile. "Guess I won't be riding, then."

  "Uh-ah, you're not getting outta it that easy."

  Something dark landed with a loud thump next to my sleeping bag. I plucked up two boots. "Seriously?"

  "My sister's."

  My eyes widened. "You have a sister?"

  He gave me a mischievous grin, starting to climb back out the window. "Meet you down at the barn."

  "If I'm going, you're tacking my horse up for me!"

  He looked hesitant. "Ugh. Fine. But just this once."

  "Fine. I'm only riding this once."

  He gave me a yeah-right look before climbing out the rest of the window.

  I quickly brushed my teeth and dressed in a simple T-shirt, jean jacket, and skinny jeans. I am mortified to say I was actually excited about this.....other than the riding a living, breathing animal that could change it's mind and kill me.

  I quietly ran down the stairs and pretended to look put out and tired as I walked down to the barn. Despite the warmth yesterday, it was rather chilly out. Well, you get that when you're woken up at five o'clock in the morning.

  I was surprised to find two horses already groomed and tacked up in the cross ties, ready to go. One was a tall bay and the other a sorrel with a blonde mane and tail.

  "Wow, you're fast," I said, hands in the pockets of my jacket.

  Liam gave me a heart shattering smile. "Easy to say when you took forever."

  I frowned, slowly walking up to the pretty horse-the sorrel with blonde mane and tail. "I wanna ride this one...."

  Liam rolled his eyes. "You don't get ta pick the horse ya ride."

  "Why not?" I cried with a sort of whine.

  "She could be the most stubborn horse out there, completely unsafe, and meant for only me to ride."

  I rolled my eyes. "Okay, cowboy, which one do I get to ride?"

  Here, Liam grinned like an idiot, reminding me of the muddy kid he'd once been. "Reeses."

  I raised a brow. "Which is.....?"

  He held out the reins of the sorrel mare.

  I grinned, taking the reins. "Haha."

  "Shut up and get on."

  "Don't we have to wait until we get outside to mount?"

  "Says the girl who didn't wanna ride," he muttered. "Yes, normally you would. But I don't want ya ta kill yourself, so you're going for a test drive in the round pen where I will be leading you into."

  "I'm inexperienced, not stupid," I said, putting my boot in the stirrup.

  Liam cleared his throat pointedly.

  I sighed. "What?"

  "Let's say I wasn't here," he said. "You're probably gonna wanna hold onto the reins as you're mounting."

  I looked down at my empty hands. Laughing sheepishly, I pulled them, carefully, over Reeses's head and held onto them as I bounced. Reese was really tall, though! I couldn't get over.

  Growling in frustration, I tried again to mount to stupid saddle; and failing again.

  Liam laughed. "Here, let me help you."

  Grudgingly, I let him. Although, had I realize that "helping" me required him to boost me up by touching my butt, I would have done it myself. Trying not to blush, I leaned over to get my other foot in the stirrup.

  "Your stirrups good?"

  I nodded and Liam, taking a bit of rein, lead me out of the barn and into the round pen.

  He explained to me Reese's ticks and tricks. She was only split reined-and three years old; give me the inexperienced horse, why don't ya-and did this thing where if I was turning left, to kick, lightly, on her flank with my right foot. He explained this made her turn completely. He tried to explain what "whoa" and "stand" meant, but I informed him I remembered that much.

  "Okay, but she's totally voice commanded," he continued, still standing in the round pen. "So if you wanna get her up into a canter, kiss twice. Running is kicking her sides and saying 'c'mon'. Think ya can handle that?"

  In response, I turned a few circles, pulling back slightly, and saying, "Whoa!.....Stand."

  Liam smirked. "Like I said; natural."

  "Aren't you such a sweetie?" I cooed, petting Reese's flank.

  Liam rolled his eyes, disappearing into the barn to lead his horse out.

  As he left the round pen door open for me, I kissed once, leading Reese through the open gate and walked around outside.

  In a second, Liam was trotting up beside me. Unlike Reese, his horse was being a butthead. He kept sticking his nose up, avoiding the bit, and going faster than commanded. Liam easily reprimanded this more than once.

  I laughed at him. "Who's your horse?"

  "Lefroy," Liam muttered. Although he didn't sound frustrated with the gelding's behavior, he didn't sound like he liked him much.

  "Lefroy, huh?"

  "I'm training him for my sister."

  "Speaking of which," I trotted up to Liam, who had gotten quite ahead of me. "When did you gain one?"

 Liam laughed. "Years ago! She's thirteen."

  "And what's the meaning of her gelding's name?"

  At this, Liam sighed. "It's some guy from some Jane Austen book turned movie."

  "Wow. Your sister has great taste," I said, remembering James McAvoy's character in Becoming Jane. "Does she have a name?"

  "Madeline."
  I nodded. We walked up a steep hill, Lefroy being a butthole the entire way. I had to admit, I was pretty scared that one, I was going to fall and die. Two, Reesey would break a leg and die and kill me. And three, Lefroy was going to scare Reese.

  To cover my momentary fright, I said, "How old is Lefroy?"

  "Almost two."

  "Um, he won't.....you know....spook Reesey or anything, will he?"

  Liam laughed. "She doesn't spook easily."

  Translation: he had no idea.

  Great.

  We rode around the hills for at least two hours, catching up for a while and then just talking about the two horses. Lefroy chilled out towards the middle of our trail ride and I thought I might actually like him; not as much as Reesey, though. She was an absolute darling!

  On our way back to the barn, Liam asked me, "So, will you be riding again now?"

  "As long as I get to ride this sweetheart!" I said, a little too quickly. I'd forgotten I was supposed to act as though I hated horses.

  To be honest, riding just came back to me instantly. It was like it had never left me.

  The sun was up and smiling down at us by the time we untacked and groomed Lefroy and Reese. As we were leading them back into the field, Liam grew this sudden sly smirk that made me a little nervous. He quickly released Lefroy from his lead line and went off somewhere else. Lefroy kicked up his heels and ran around. Reesey nearly spooked, but she was too tired to be as enthusiastic as Lefroy. As soon as I unbuckled her lead rope, she trotted happily off after Lefroy, her blonde tail up playfully.

  I smiled, watching her. Being upon her back, I hadn't witnessed the true extent of her beauty. Her strong muscled bulged as she ran up hill, faster than any horse I'd ever seen. She was something else when she was running, her mane whipping back like in all those horse movies. She was much, much prettier than those dumb Hollywood horses, though. I knew more certainly I would not be done riding her. Soon she'd be running that fast with me on her back-but first I had to find a better seat.

  "Piper," Liam called.

  I turned around, staring in astonishment at what was now clipped to his lead line. I recognized her instantly, though her coal coat was a bit sunburnt and her beautiful young face older and speckled with white. It was all I could do not to run up to her. I knew that would freak any horse out. I just stood there, almost in tears at the sight of her. When I thought I could walk, and pushing back the tears so Liam couldn't see, I finally walked up to my old friend.

  I held out my hand for her to sniff, not saying a word. As if she'd never forgotten me, she nibbled my palm affectionately. Laughing like a little girl, I wrapped my arms around her neck, letting the tears spill into her black and gray speckled fur.

  "Oh, hey...." I said, clutching her tightly. "Hey, my sweet, sweet...."

  I pulled up, wiping my eyes. I kissed the bridge of her face, stroking her small star. In Molly's soft brown eyes, I could see recognition. Imagine my surprise at her not only knowing me, but still loving me!

  "You remember me, don't you, girl?"

  In response, Molly nudged my limp hands, wanting them to stroke her star again. Laughing, I did so.

  In a matter of time, I finally realized Liam existed. He was grinning at me, just watching. It wasn't the arrogant grin he'd given me ever since yesterday, but something different....sincere, warm....The grin of little Liam when he wasn't being an adventurous brat.

  I laughed sheepishly. "You kept her."

  "I told you I would," he said warmly, his voice full of some unknown emotion.

  I watched him watching me with those hazel eyes of his before clearing my throat. "Thanks...."

  He just kept that grin.

  I found myself gazing back up into his eyes, as if helpless not to. Something was bubbling up inside of me, something warm and foreign, something that made my palms tickle and my stomach twist in a million knots.

  The moment-or whatever could happen in it-was wrecked by my awakened mother. She reveled herself to be on the porch, comfortably sitting in a rocking chair with coffee and a book. "Good morning, Liam!"

  I gave off with a start. Oh, sure, now she acts like a mom when I possibly didn't want her to.

  I saw Liam broken off his stride a minute. He looked startled to see my mom up there and was absolutely forcing a smile. She couldn't see the strain in that smile or in his voice as he called back up, "Mornin', Mrs. Smithson!"

  Whatever I'd felt in that moment, he felt ten fold. And he was as frustrated with my mom for ruining the possibility that moment had held.

  Kissing Molly's head and whispering to visit her again, I sheepishly ducked out of the situation and jogged back up to the house.

  Nothing was going to happen between Liam and me. So screw that moment and my silly, silly girlish heart and his handsome face and glowing hazel eyes and that stupid beautiful grin, the way he watched me....

  Nothing would happen, and I'd make sure of that. I'd let my guard down, encouraged him maybe. It was my fault, that regretful moment. However frustrated with my mom I had been moments ago, I was nothing but grateful to her now.

  She had broken up something that could have turned into something else much messier, much more dangerous.

________________________________________________________

A/N I'm loving this story so far! And Liam! Little known fact, Reesey is my actual horse! She's a Quarter horse that I trained and had since she was eight months old. She's a bit more stubborn than I let on this chapter, and some of her attitude was placed in Lefroy--who is not my horse or anyone's I know. Molly is completely modeled after my first horse, Pyper, who is 30 years old that I still have. Obviously, I had to rename her, as I picked out Piper's name before I thought of adding my Pyper, lol.

ElliNixon(my 110th fan) has given me a character to put in and she'll be in the next chapter!

Thanks guys!

VOTES?

COMMENTS?

TTFN,

Hannah

P.S ♥Pyper♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 2.3K 45
datang dengan senyuman semeringgah,pergi dengan tangisan dan bercak darah "kau pergi meninggal kan bercak darah"_asl "kebahagiaan ku ada padamu"_adl ...
104K 3.2K 24
Skylar Miller is a nerd and only has one friend. Shea Stevens. Skylar has a sister. Her sister is very popular while Skylar is... well you know...
1.6M 54.5K 37
It started with a prank and a kiss. Alazne 'Alana' Martina is a self-proclaimed wallflower. So it surprises her when she got caught in a prank by the...
129K 4.4K 28
Tiffany Veyne is an ordinary girl (well she thinks she is). Good grades, she doesn't like school that much, but there is something she does not know...