The football player's cheerle...

By princesstreatment

(Book one of the rollercoaster love series) This is my take on the cliche (albeit awesome) football & cheerle... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42 *tw
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51: Nick's POV
52: Nick's POV
53: Nick's POV
54: Nick's POV
55: Nick's POV
56: Nick's POV
Character list!
Character list: Part 2: the adults
Harmless self promotion
Sequel announcement

30

23.6K 378 569
By princesstreatment

"I can't believe you invited him," I groaned crossing my arms over my chest. Luke rolled his eyes. He flipped the steaks over and shut the cover of the barbecue. "And you didn't even bother to ask me how I felt about it."

"He's our dad Leia. sorry if I actually want a relationship with him."

"It took him seventeen years to want a relationship."

"He didn't know about us," he screamed at me. I stepped back. "That isn't his fault, it's mom's."

"Don't blame mom."

"Damn corazón," I turned around to see Nick walking out of the house wearing a black button-down shirt and a pair of tan khakis. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck. "you look good enough to eat."

"You're a dork," I said turning my head and kissing his cheek.

"Seriously where have you been hiding this dress?" I had on a dusty red rippled tank top dress that went to my mid thighs and hugged my body.

"Don't fucking talk about my sister like that," Luke growled.

"The fuck has your dick in a twist?"

"Just go inside Leia, I don't want to argue with you today."

I rolled my eyes. I walked out of Nick's arms and back into the house. I sat down on one of the stools at the island. Mom looked up from cutting up the fruit. "Everything okay?"

"Luke and I just got into an argument."

"About?" I shook my head. She smiled at me. "Would you cut up apples?" She asked. I nodded standing up. She handed me a mix of red and green apples.

I started cutting the apples. Two arms wrapped around my waist and a pair of lips kissed my bare shoulder. "You okay?" I nodded. He rested his chin on my shoulder. "Miss Mabel, you look beautiful. If this doesn't work out with Leia and me-" she had on a simple long sleeve light grey dress.

I reached up and smacked the back of his head. Mom chuckled. "That's very sweet of you Nick. And if I was a couple years younger and you were a few years older, I might just have taken you up on that."

"Mom!"

She and Nick chuckled. I put the cut up apples in the crystal bowl alone with the other fruits mom had cut up. I got up at the knock at the door. "You two be good," I warned.

"No promises," Nick chuckled. I slapped his shoulder. I started walking to the door yelping when he gently squeezed my butt. "Ow, sorry." I looked back to see mom smacking him on the head with a dish rag. "Won't happen again."

I walked over to the door and opened it. Alan was standing there with two bags and a bouquet of red roses. He smiled at me. "Hey Leia, merry christmas."

"Merry Christmas," I said. I walked back into the kitchen.

He followed behind me. "Mabel and Nick right?" Nick nodded. "Merry christmas both of you. Leia, these are for you and Luke." I took the bags from him and walked into the living room, setting them next to the other presents. I walked back into the kitchen. "Mabel, the flowers are for you."

"That's very nice of you, Alan." She took them from him. She grabbed a plastic cup from the cupboard and filled it with water placing them in it. She moved the cup to the counter by the fridge.

I grabbed the plate of fruit and walked it into the dining room. I took a breath in before walking back into the kitchen. "Mabel, now i don't mean to be rude but are you really going to let her wear that? It's a bit inappropriate for a family dinner."

"Yeah she is," I said, putting my hands angrily on my hips. Alan turned around to look at me. Nick smirked, leaning back against the counter. "I'm allowed to wear whatever the fuck I want and no one, especially you, can tell me what to do. So either shut up or get out."

Alan looked shocked but didn't say anything. I sat down on Nick's lap. He leaned forward kissing my cheek. "That was hot. I like when you get all mad like that," he whispered in my ear.

"Shut up," I grumbled. He chuckled and kissed my cheek again.

"Hey sorry I'm late," said Edward walking into the Kitchen. He kissed the side of mom's head. "I had to convince Tannen to close for me." he came over to me and kissed my cheek. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry christmas Edward," I smiled.

"Presents in the living room?" he asked. I nodded. He walked out of the kitchen and dropped the bag he brought next to the other presents. He walked back into the kitchen. He held out a bouquet of white daisies. "And of course flowers for my lovely host."

Mom smiled widely. "I can't believe you remembered Daisies are my favorite." she pecked his lips. "Thank you, i have a vase in the living room."

"I'll grab it baby," he said kissing her cheek before going back into the living room.

"Oh Alan, Luke is outside if you wanna say hi."

"Yeah sure i'll go say hi." he left the kitchen and walked outside.

Edward walked back in with the vase. Mom filled it up with water and placed the flowers into it. She grabbed Edward's hand. "We're gonna go put this in the dining room." she pulled him out of the kitchen and into the dining room.

I tucked my head into Nick's neck. "They're gonna be making out aren't they?"

He chuckled. "Probably." I groaned. He ran his finger up and down my arm. "Corazón, we make out all the time."

"Yeah but she's my mom," I whined.

"Your mom's hot." I smacked his arm. He kissed the side of my neck. I sighed closing my eyes. He kissed under my ear. "Do you wanna tell me why you and Luke were fighting?" I shook my head. "Do you wanna sneak upstairs and make out?" I nodded.

He picked me up. I laid my head on his chest. Halfway up the stairs Luke called out to us. "Steaks are ready!"

I sighed. Nick set me back down on my feet. "I'll go get abuela and Elena." I nodded. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. "You and Luke will make up, you always do."

We both walked back down the stairs. He walked out of the house as I walked back into the kitchen. I grabbed the bowl of mashed potatoes and the plate of roasted vegetables. I walked into the dining room. Edward and Mom we're setting the table. I set the food on the dining room table. "Ms. Evans, I'm back," Ricky yelled from the front door.

I walked over to the foyer. "I thought you were spending Christmas with your parents?" I asked.

He shrugged off his hoodie. "I showed up hoping they'd let me spend it with them but Mom was crying and dad was yelling, I couldn't do it." I wrapped my arms around him. He ran his hand through my hair. "I'm okay baby."

He walked us into the dining room. Mom smiled at him. "Hey sweetie, are you eating with us?"

"If that's alright with you."

She nodded. Luke and Alan walked in with the steaks. "Hey Rick, I'm glad we made you that steak." Ricky smiled. "Where's Nick?"

"Getting abuela and Elena." As If being summoned, Nick walked in with Elena and Abuela. I took her from his arms. "Hi baby girl."

"Jesus, is that his kid?" Asked Alan sitting down at the table.

"No it's not my f-" he stopped his sentence. He looked over at me. I quickly covered Elena's ears. "She's not my fucking kid, she's my baby sister."

"I'm sorry-"

"Yeah well how about you think with your fucking head before talking next time." I handed Elena to Ricky who put her in her high chair. I grabbed Nick's hand. I pulled him outside. "Jesus fuck, why the hell do people always asume I knocked up a girl?" He punched the side of the house. I jumped. He sighed. "Shit, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'm mad at him too. He shouldn't have said that."

He slid down the side of the house putting his head in his hands. I sat down beside him. I laid my head on his shoulder. He grabbed my hand and held it against his head. "I fucked around with a lot of girls but I never came close to knocking anyone up. I was so careful."

"I know."

"I always wanted my first child with you." I didn't say anything. I squeezed his hand. He kissed the back of my hand. "You are the only girl I'd ever consider knocking up."

I giggled. "Pretty sure Luke would actually kill you if you knocked me up."

"It'd be worth it." he lifted his head up and kissed me softly. He stood up. I grabbed his outreached hand and pulled myself up to stand. "But don't worry, i don't plan on giving you a baby anytime soon."

"Good."

He rolled his eyes. We walked back into the dining room. Everyone had already started eating but mine and Nick's plates had food on them. We sat down. "Nick, i'd like to apologize-"

"Don't even bother," I said. "You'll only make it worse."

"Mabel, are you gonna let her talk to me like that?"

"Yes, i am.'' Alan breathed out an annoyed breath but kept eating. We ate the rest of dinner in silence. Luke and I were still mad at each other, I was mad at Alan, mom didn't want to be around Alan, and Nick was still mad.

At the end of dinner, Mabel and Edward did the dishes while Abuela and I cut up the cheesecake and pie. We walked into the living room. We handed out the deserts. Luke, Nick, and Alan were sitting on the chairs. Abuela took Elena home and Ricky went up to his room. I sat across Nick's lap. He rested one hand on my thigh under my dress and the other holding his plate. Alan was staring at the two of us. "What?"

He sighed. He looked over at mom when she walked into the room. "Mabel are you really gonna let-"

"Yes Alan I'm gonna let my daughter sit on boys laps because I trust her. Now stop criticizing my parenting skills," she said in a raised voice. Edward gently grabbed her waist and pulled her to sit down on his lap. "You might have helped me make them but you're not the one who raised them. Now please, shut up or get out."

I smirked cuddling into Nick. He wrapped his arms around me tighter. I kissed his cheek. "Mama can we open presents now?"

"Yeah sweetie."

Luke stood up grabbing a unicorn bag and a black bag. He handed the unicorn bag to me. Luke nodded at me. "It's from me." I opened the bag and smiled. There were kit kats, skittles, chocolate bars, and sour patch kids. "All your favorites right?"

I nodded. "Thanks. The box is from me."

He opened the box. "Shit, Leia." he looked up at me. He pulled out the Cowboys jersey that I customized with his name and number on it. "I love it but how expensive was it?"

"It's from me, Dana, and Tessa."

He stood up. I stood up and let him wrap his arms around my waist. "Thank you so much princess and I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"It's okay really." Alan handed me and Luke a small bag each. I sat back down on Nick's lap opening it up. "Oh umm thank you."

"Do you not like it?" he asked. "I thought girls like perfume and it's from Chanel so I thought you'd like it."

Nick took the bag from me and set it down. "I'm allergic to perfume but my best friend will love it."

"I didn't know."

"I didn't expect you to."

Luke ended the silence by opening up his bag. "Oh, thanks, this is really cool." he pulled out a silver rolex. "I've never had a fancy watch so thanks."

Alan smiled and nodded. "The gold bag is for you Leia and the Black one is for Luke." Luke handed me my bag. "I pulled some strings with a friend so i hope you guys like them."

I opened my bag first. Inside were authentic Dallas Cowboy cheer pom poms. "Oh my god oh my god," I screamed. Mom quickly moved next to Edward as I jumped into his arms. He laughed. "I can't believe you got me these."

"They're signed too," he chuckled.

"They're signed?" I gasped. I opened the bag and pulled them out. Sure enough, I found signatures on the handles. "Oh my god, i love them so much. Thank you."

He smiled at me. Luke opened his smaller bag. "Is this a?" Edward nodded.

"What is it?" I asked.

He pulled out a football with a bunch of signatures on it. "It has every dallas cowboy's signature on it." He stood up and hugged Edward. "This is awesome thanks."

"I'm glad you both like them." he pulled out a necklace box and handed it to mom. "And this is for you baby."

She smiled as she opened it up. "Oh it's so beautiful." She showed it to me. It was a light pink crystal heart necklace with an outline of small diamonds. She kissed his cheek. "I love it, thank you. Okay, babies open my gifts."

She handed Luke an envelope and me a dress box. Luke opened the envelope. "Cowboys tickets, thanks mama."

Nick looked over at Luke. "yeah, thanks Ms. Mabel."

"What makes you think i'm taking you with me?"

Nick rolled his eyes. I looked down at the box and saw a label. I gasped. "No way, is this?" mom nodded. "Mama, you're the best."

"What is it?" asked Nick.

"My prom dress."

"Let me see it." I shook my head. "Leia, let me see it."

"Nope. thanks mama." I got off his lap and ran up the stairs. I heard him following behind me. I quickly hid the box in my closet. He walked into my bedroom. "You can see the dress on prom night."

"Fine." He had three bags in his hand. "This is for me right."

"Yeah."

He opened the bag and pulled out a picture frame. I smiled at him. "Corazón," he whispered.

"You like it?" I asked.

"Of course i like it." He wiped under his eyes. He stared at it. It was a picture from the day Elena was born. Lindsay was sitting in her hospital bed holding Elena. Nick and I were standing around the bed looking at them. "Thank you, it's perfect."

"You're welcome."

He held out the larger and smaller bags for me. "Open the bigger one first." I grabbed it and sat on my bed. I raised my eyebrow. "I know you have one of my jerseys already but Lindsay had this great idea and i ran with it." I pulled it out. It was one of his football jerseys but when I turned it around I saw a L. Torres on the back with his number. "I can't exactly give you my last name yet but i thought this might be a close second."

I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. "I love it. Can I open the other one?" he nodded. I opened it up and pulled out a necklace box. I lifted the lid up. Inside were two necklaces that made up one heart. One had a lock inside it and a L pendant attached to the chain and the other one had a key with a N pendant on the chain.

"This one is for me," he said, taking the lock necklace. He clipped it around his neck letting it hang on top of his cross necklace. I moved my hair to the side and let him clipped the other necklace around me. "And you've always had my heart so you get the key to it."
***********************************************************************************************
So I've decided that this is a good check in point. How are you guys liking the story? What has been your favorite part so far? Let me know here or you can private message me!
Leia's outfit

Mabel's outfit

Leia's necklace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 3.5K 37
Maddie loves her life. Her family is wealthy, she's the star of the girl's soccer team, and she does well in school. She's a girl who gets whatever s...
81.6K 1.9K 87
Nancy Jones- abandoned on Neverland by her father at age 15. Left to fend for herself against Pan and his evil lost boys by her father a once great p...
93.8K 1K 30
❝ What if we could just be together, but keep it between us? ❞ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨🌞୧⋆ ˚。⋆ Morgan Irvine and Hailey Graham are best friends. Ever since second gra...
10.6K 136 34
in which a girl resists to fall in love because of her brother... ©citrusdols Most Impressive Ranking # 1 graysondolan out of 1.2K stories ranking #...