ICY

By Bretaughtyou

Beautiful. Head strong. Dominant. Those are all adjectives you could use to describe Isis Armon, formally kno... More

ICY
prologue.
o n e.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
Thirty. Pt2
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
forty.
The story's not over.
TOO ICY

thirty nine.

7.4K 440 149
By Bretaughtyou

JETSON

"Hey baby girl, I was just calling to wish you a happy birthday. I can't make it today, but I promise we'll go out soon."

"Mhhh..okay"

The tone of McKenzie's voice told me she was disappointed that I couldn't attend her birthday celebration. She was accustomed to seeing me every year since she was able to recollect memories. Despite what me and Natalie went through, I took my role in McKenzie's life seriously, but as time passed I found it harder to stay in her life.

"Alright, thanks for trying anyway Jetson" Natalie said taking the phone back.

"No doubt. I'll talk to you later, gotta get back to work."

"Sure."

I could sense the same disappointment in Natalie's voice, telling me that her relationship with Donald must've gone down hill just that fast if she wanted me around.

Once the call was disconnected I headed back out of my office, throwing myself into the chaos which was our current case. The lieutenant was working on getting a warrant to search the entire premises of Jhonny's - as it was confirmed that Milo's car was no farther than a few feet from the strip club.

Jhonny clearly didn't clean up after himself as good as he thought, and the careless mistake would hopefully lead us to more. It was a long list of reasons the department was going after him, too many charges to count and up to a lifetime behind bars if I was to simplify it.

"What's the update on the warrant?" I asked stepping into the middle of the office.

"Judge Willard is still deliberating if the vehicle is probable cause to search the area. In the meantime, Cyrus has another tip." Lieutenant Ronald said gesturing to the detective.

Cyrus gave a smug expression, all eyes on him to reveal any information that would be helpful to the case that was going nowhere slowly.

"There's going to be a private party tonight, at the KOP mansion where Jhonny keeps his girls. If we can get in there and go full on UC, we're getting a head start while we're waiting on that warrant. If we find anything thats incriminating, say underage or undocumented girls, we can bring both him and them in."

"And do I even want to know how you got this tip?" Ronald asked the exact thing I was thinking.

Cyrus wasn't the most trustworthy, and I knew I wasn't the only one in the office to look at him sideways while on the job.

Besides little things on his record from his first years with the department which included obsessive force on a few arrests, he was known to be a pretty good cop who just loved to play bad boy.

"Let's just say I know a few people." He shrugged, "Now, the lab should be able to hack into his database and put two alias on the list - allowing us access. It's also a masquerade event, which is his signature for these types of parties to conceal identities between guests. I'll take Nunez with me since we've built the case together."

"Nice try, but Jetson - you're in," Ronald said pointing to me, "Go home and find your best suit."

"Lieutenant - with all due respect Young is still new to this. He's never been undercover, and you think Savage won't recognize the same seven foot man he saw just hours before?" Cyrus scoffed.

I chuckled under my breath, "I'm pretty sure your stench of cigarettes and mothballs will give your identity away just as fast, and how hard can it be."

"Then it's settled. Jetson, follow me to my office so I can vet you."

I nodded, following behind Ronald as the room full of eyes watched me.

"How was court? I heard the Jones case was finally reconciled."

"The Jury found Mrs. Jones guilty of murder in the second, twenty five to life. Hate to say it, but I'm glad it's over."

"Wow..." I said taking a seat at his desk, "They really found her guilty."

While a lot of the evidence pointed directly to Mrs. Jones as the killer, there was still a part of the story never told. And I was well aware that part of that was my fault - and the thought haunted me daily.

"Yup. Now, about tonight; Cyrus was right about one thing. You've never gone undercover before, and it is not something you want to blow." Lieutenant replied giving me a stern look.

"Got it."

"You're familiar with Savage. He's a businessman first, very intelligent, if I do say so myself. He's not your average criminal - so that means you have to think smarter than him. Every time we've busted him, witnesses have gone missing without a trace, charges were dropped - and why? Because he has pull. To those in higher ranks than both you and I. However this prostitution ring that Cyrus is onto, should do the job if Milo Jackson's disappearance doesn't."

I nodded, deciding to take in everything without responding. Like everyone pointed out, I was new to this - but that didn't put anymore pressure on me. I could work under any circumstances.

"And this woman...ICY. Find her, get close to her. Because she will be the key to him. You're a handsome young man Jetson, use that."

"I understand, sir."

Yeah...I understood. Crystal clear.

JHONNY

Jhonny checked the time on his phone, making sure he had enough time before his meeting started to take a quick shower just to head back out.

With another party scheduled to start within a few hours, he had a lot of ground to cover to make sure things went perfect; Especially with the cops still on his heels.

He made his way through his large mansion, the aroma of a home cooked meal coming from the kitchen and causing him to change directions. A shower could wait, as he realized that his stomach was growling and a good meal was needed before heading back out to handle business.

"Hmm, is that my baby cooking?" He said rubbing his hands together, startling Kimmy.

"I didn't hear you come in." Kimmy smiled, clutching her chest, "And yes...I'm almost done. Figured why not, and I made all of your favorites."

"I see" Jhonny took a spoonful of hot macaroni from the pan, "I'ma go hop in the shower while you finish up."

After planting a kiss on her cheek, he moved around her to make his way back out of the kitchen.

"So, you're staying in right?" She beamed.

"Nah, not tonight baby. I have business to handle." He shook his head.

"I don't know why I even ask." Kimmy mumbled to herself.

"What was that?"

"I said, I don't know why I even ask. I practically live in this big ass house alone, while you're out doing God knows what."

Jhonny scoffed, "God knows what? How about working so you don't have to lift a finger. What you want, a cat or some shit?"

"No, I want my man to be home with me - building a life. We've been together six years Jhonny, and all I have to show for it is this house. No ring, babies -"

"Where is all this coming from?" Jhonny furrowed his eyebrows, "I thought you were happy baby, you can have whatever you ask for."

"But that's the thing, I don't want anything!" Kimmy raised her voice, "Just you."

Jhonny sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as he definitely didn't have time for this. He loved Kimmy, however his love for the hustle was much bigger, and by the ticking on his watch he knew he was wasting time which in turn meant wasting money.

"Listen, right now isn't good. I promise we can talk about this later." Jhonny said just as his phone began to ring.

Kimmy rolled her eyes while Jhonny didn't hesitate to walk away from her the second his phone rang. She could feel her emotions getting the best of her - and no matter how much she tried to rationalize the life her boyfriend lived she knew deep down she wasn't happy.

She fought with thoughts that she was ungrateful, due to the fact that just like he stated she never had to lift a finger since the day she met Jhonny in a North Philly bar. He had taken her from the Richard Allen projects to a fifteen bedroom mansion, with designer names she couldn't even pronounce and cars she could switch any day of the week. However even with all of that, she still felt lonely and empty inside.

And while a part of her didn't want to believe that Jhonny would step out on her, her woman's intuition told her otherwise. That was the only explanation for the amount of time he spent outside of their home, and today would be the day she found out the truth.
Turning off the burners, Kimmy covered the food she was preparing before leaving the kitchen. She could hear his shower water already running, prompting her to creep up the spiral stairs and into their master bedroom.

Meanwhile, Jhonny stood in the hot shower - allowing the water to run over him as he thought about the night ahead of him. This deal with Manuel Hernandez was a big one, and would be the cherry on top to all the riches he was able to obtain throughout his young life. The business the man promised to bring in, would make Jhonny's angels the biggest escort service on the east coast- and with as much dirt he had on city officials there was no way he would be getting shut down. That was one of the main reasons he didn't lose sleep whenever the police came knocking at his door, because he was convinced no one could take him down. The city loved him, and those you love - you protect.

After what he considered to be enough time in his own thoughts, Jhonny stepped out of the shower - wrapping a towel securely around his waist. He was still making good time, and hoped there was nothing else that would hold him up. Lateness was a huge pet peeve of his, especially when he had someone of importance waiting.

"Did you turn the food off K, I know I said I'm in a rush but I still need to eat." Jhonny tittered, spotting Kimmy with her back turned.

"Go tell your other bitch to cook for you." she spat, Jhonny's eyebrows spiking at her words.

"What --"

"Don't play dumb!" she turned around, revealing her face wet with tears, "Isis! Who is she, huh! You just texted her you'll be there soon, is that the meeting you were fucking talking about!"

She began to throw her fists towards him in hopes of connecting; Jhonny immediately wrapping his arms around her and trying his best to hold her arms down in place.

"Calm down" he barked, "Isis, is nobody alright. She's my fucking worker."

"Yeah, fucking right - you think I'm stupid. Icy baby, is that what you call her?"

"That's what everybody calls her, it's a fucking nickname" Jhonny scoffed, throwing his hands into the air, "I really don't have time for this shit."

"You never have time for anything. If you want to be with me, you will sit down and tell me who this woman is. Or --"

"Or what, you're leaving? I told you who she is, Kimberly."

Jhonny couldn't believe the way Kimmy was acting - and if he was being honest, he had no one to blame but himself. Sure, late nights and multiple days without seeing your partner could definitely raise a few questions - but he prided himself on loyalty. Despite a few hiccups in the beginning that he would never speak on, for the most part Jhonny had been a faithful partner to Kimmy. What he couldn't give in flesh, he made up for in making sure the woman he loved had everything her heart desired. He could see now that would never be enough.

He hung his head low, his hands planted on his hips as he watched Kimmy sob. She had convinced herself that he was dealing with Isis - and while the two definitely spent a lot of time together, they had never crossed over in that territory. Jhonny would be lying if he said he wasn't attracted to Isis, but thankfully he was never tempted and that was because she made sure to keep things strictly professional - and that was why he liked her.

"Well I don't believe you." Kimmy sniffled, wiping a runaway tear.

"Well, you're going to have to." Jhonny replied, turning into his closet in search of an outfit for the night.

If it was any other night, he would entertain Kimmy's temper tantrum - making sure to soothe her thoughts before leaving back out, or even deciding to stay in and put his woman first. Tonight wasn't one of those nights.

Kimmy watched as Jhonny rushed to get dressed, the warm tears on her face continuing to cascade down as he seemed completely unfazed, "If you leave...expect to come home to an empty house."

Jhonny snickered with a shake of his head, "Fine, that's the game you want to play then go right ahead," He shrugged, "But I'm telling you the truth. And if you leave, don't come back."

Kimmy frowned, "So that's what you tell your girlfriend of six years, don't come back. You're in love with her, aren't you?"

Finally finished getting dressed, Jhonny grabbed his phone off of the dresser.

"No, I'm not. Now I'm done talking about it."

Jhonny made a beeline for the staircase, his girlfriend heavy on his heels. She continued to berate him, however Jhonny kept his vision straightforward as he knew the rest of his time was extremely valuable.

ICY

"Tsk, tsk. The man who hates when someone is late, is late".

The flustered expression on Jhonny's face told me something had already put a wrench in his plans, his usual sunny disposition not available at the current moment.

"Sorry, I got held up. We'll just have to cut it short." He said walking into the diner before me.

"Too short to grab something to eat, because I don't know about you but I'm starving." I frowned, rubbing my hand over my empty stomach.

Jhonny had given me much more to handle besides just the girls, such as having me fill in for drop offs when his other men were busy or out of reach. After a morning full of running around, my stomach was touching my back and the party was now in the home stretch. I knew once I stepped through those mansion doors, all of the girls would be calling me for assistance and it would be a miracle to get any time to myself.

He glanced back at me, his perfect smile emerging, "I should've known I couldn't bring you into a diner without feeding yo' ass. It just so happens that I'm hungry too."

"I'm not surprised, you do so much rippin' and runnin" I said sliding into our booth, "Do you ever have a day off?"

"Shit, now you sound like my girl." He snickered.

I opened my menu, "How is she by the way?

"I don't want to talk about that" he shook his head, "I'd rather talk about -"

"Let me guess, business?" I raised my eyebrow, "Well, if I'm calculating the time right - Hernandez won't be arriving to the dock until another hour and a half. It should take us no more than thirty minutes to discuss the plans for tonight, and it takes forty five minutes to get to the meeting spot. Sooo, we have fifteen free minutes to talk about your problems."

Jhonny gave me an unbelievable expression before falling into laughter, "Fine, can I order first Dr. Phil?"

"You may." I giggled.

He ushered over the waitress, and we didn't waste any time ordering what would satisfy our empty bellies. Jhonny asked for steak and eggs, and as tempting as that was I settled for pancakes.

"It's nothing really" he began, handing the menus over, "she's just trippin' because I'm never home. But she knew what it was when we met."

"Which was how long ago?"

"Six years" he huffed.

"So you're telling me you haven't changed your routine in six years? You're obsessive. You're comfortable as far as I, and many others can see. I'm sure you can spare a few days in the streets."

"Yeah but I don't want to. That's just not who I am." he shook his head adamantly.

"Don'yoku" I kissed my teeth.

"How am I greedy?"

"Ohhh, so you've been practicing?" I laughed at his ability to understand my second language.

Jhonny poked his lip out with a shrug, "A little. Make sure your little ass ain't saying shit that I need to understand, plotting against me and shit." He chuckled.

I nodded, "While I'm proud, you don't ever have to worry about me changing up on you. You've changed my life, you're family."

"Kazoku (family)" he replied, "I like that."

"Good, because we're stuck together."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

Jhonny's eyes were locked in on me, and for the first time I didn't look away or break his focus. Instead the waitress did so, placing our orders down and pulling us out of our trance.

I reached for the sugar, and frowned to myself as I thought back to Jet. I still hadn't spoken to him and at that point I was guessing that he had grown bored of me. It figured. I never had nice things for long. I usually never let my emotions get the best of me, and with so much work to do I couldn't. I didn't have the privilege to bask in my sadness, or even my confusion of said sadness. It had only been a few days since I had spoken to him, but his silence said way more than words ever could.

"You okay?" Jhonny asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah, just...thinking."

"Lay it on me."

"Huh?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You think I'm the only one whose going to express their feelings in this bitch? Get the talking."

"Fine...I've been seeing this guy. But, he acts so distant sometimes. I understand that I'm not your average girl, and he's very serious about his career...like you" I slit my eyes jokingly, "He's just very hot and cold. I guess I should just suck it up."

"Talk to him, see where his head at. Because if a man wants you, he'll have no problem showing it." Jhonny said before filling his mouth.

"So would you give that advice to your girlfriend?" I challenged him.

"Touche" Jhonny responded, "But that situation is different. You ready to go, if we leave now you can drop your car off at the club and we can ride and go over the details together?"

I looked down at my plate that was nearly clean, and decided I was pretty much done anyway.

"That works."

Jhonny paid the tab, and in no time we were out of the diner. I checked my surroundings before climbing into the truck, making sure there were no eyes on me. Ever since the night we were followed, I tried my best to keep my eyes everywhere at all times. However, I knew that was impossible.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"Hernandez is bringing in a dozen girls from overseas, undocumented. They have agreed to work to make money for a set amount of time, in return for him providing transportation into the country and documents." Jhonny revealed as he moved through traffic, "I set up housing not too far from the mansion, nothing too fancy."

"And you want lil ol' me to watch over twenty girls?" I asked, "Jhonny, I'm no superhero."

"I know, that's why I need you to pick one of the other girls to move to that house. I can't have them there alone, so choose whoever seems the smartest."

"And where are these girls from?" I shot out another question.

"All over. Hernandez has connections, so he buys the girls from another handler. It's a case by case basis, but it's all legit." He shrugged.

"Legit as in...."

"As in I ain't kidnapping no little ass girls alright, they want to be here. They all have a story, and I'm not here to judge."

I nodded. Jhonny was a smart man, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. They all had a story, just like me; And in no part of that story did I want to be here. It wasn't a choice I had made for myself, and the closer we got to the pick up spot I prayed that these women had one.

"So you're showcasing them tonight?"

"Yup. I got a shipment of all new dresses and shit coming to the house, and Jackie should be meeting us at the dock with a van to pick them up. I need you to check the girls out while I handle the transaction - make sure he's not handing over no drugged out Dominicans or no shit like that."

"Got it."

I kept quiet for the remainder of the ride, my mind drifted to many different places. Of how this was all supposed to be a ploy to get out of the system, just for me to be deeper than ever before. I looked over to Jhonny, who sung along to the Jeezy song - his spirits high as he believed this would be one of the best business moves of his life. I forgave his ignorance. He didn't know what he was getting himself into, or even worse - he did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

919K 22.1K 43
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
306K 448 9
nothing but smut. there are different sections for you to read so if you don't like the first one you can just go to another one. enjoy 💕 don't be s...
9.8M 296K 52
Anna Krause is in her senior year and more than ready to leave high school behind and start a new fresh life without homework, what she didn't expect...
568K 22.9K 69
Lilly found an egg on a hiking trip. Nothing abnormal on that, right? Except the egg was four times bigger than supposedly the biggest egg in the wor...